Forum Settings
Forums
#1
Feb 4, 2019 6:00 PM
News Team
Overkilled Red

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 6222
Publisher Shueisha opened an official website for a TV anime adaptation of Kenta Shinohara's sci-fi action manga Kanata no Astra (Astra Lost in Space) on Tuesday. The anime series is scheduled to air in 2019.

Synopsis
The year is 2061, when space travel is now possible and commercially viable, and the students of Caird High School embark on their Planet Camp.

But soon after Group B5 arrived at their planetary camp site, a mysterious and unforeseen sentient light sphere warps its nine members into outer space, stranding them 5012 light years away from their home planet.

With the discovery of an old, unmanned spaceship nearby, the students must stay strong, manage their limited resources, and remain united in the darkness of space, so that all of them can survive their long and likely perilous trek back home aboard the Astra. (Source: Batoto, edited)

Staff
Director: Masaomi Andou (Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse)
Series Composition: Norimitsu Kaihou (Gakkougurashi!)
Character Design: Keiko Kurosawa (Ansatsu Kyoushitsu)
Studio: Lerche
Production: Kanata no Astra Production Committee

Shinohara launched Kanata no Astra in Shounen Jump+ web magazine in May 2016, three years after concluding SKET Dance. The manga ended the following December with 49 chapters. Shueisha published the manga in five volumes, with the latest in February 2018.

VIZ Media began releasing the chapters on its website in August 2016 and licensed the manga for physical release in November 2017. The fifth and last volume went on sale on December 4 last year.

Kanata no Astra placed third in the male readers' division in the 2019 Kono Manga ga Sugoi! rankings last December. The manga was also nominated for the 12th Manga Taisho awards earlier this year.

Official site: http://astra-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @astra_anime

Source: Moca News

Kanata no Astra on MAL
Modified by Vindstot, Feb 4, 2019 11:02 PM

 
#2
Feb 4, 2019 6:14 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 67
OMG!!!!! I didn't expect this manga to turn anime, the manga is very good
Modified by Fundashi666, Feb 4, 2019 7:00 PM
 
#3
Feb 4, 2019 6:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 401
Nice. I'm glad it's getting an adaptation. Now the manga is complete anime is the next step they can take.
 
#4
Feb 4, 2019 7:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 6408
Since its completed then that means they can animate the whole thing so count me in
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
 
#5
Feb 4, 2019 7:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 7226
One of my favorite manga and while I don't think it can surpass the source, I will still check it out to hear these characters talk and see them in motion.
 
#6
Feb 4, 2019 8:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 8427
Looks like I am ready to get lost in space. I always like complete adaptations of a good manga. While I haven't read it, just getting ranked or nominated are good enough in my book.
 
#7
Feb 4, 2019 8:21 PM
I love stuff...

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1017
Too bad they will never adapt the rest of SKET Dance from the same author.
I will never forgive myself for adding voice actress Inori Minase to MAL database.
 
#8
Feb 4, 2019 10:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1263
Great that the manga is getting a adaptation but my god, is this key visual really mediocre. The redhead girl looks like a complete different character compared to what she is on the manga. It's impressive how no one is able to put Shinohara's art in anime.
 
#9
Feb 4, 2019 11:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 32285
it's from sket dance author and nominated in lot of awards.. thats good sign...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
 
Feb 4, 2019 11:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 4650
So happy for this, I loved the manga and it deserved an anime so badly.
 
Feb 5, 2019 12:37 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 13
I'm glad it's getting an adaptation
 
Feb 5, 2019 4:27 AM
fanservice<3

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 10058
i see a girl in a tight space suit

and thats all i need to see
 
Feb 5, 2019 4:42 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 132
Is there any romance in the manga?
 
Feb 5, 2019 6:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 23
Glad to see that we‘re getting more shows set in space recently.
 
Feb 5, 2019 8:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 285
ninka22 said:
Is there any romance in the manga?


There *is*. However it’s not heavily touched upon since romance isn’t the main focus of the series. Although you might be satisfied with the ending and how some relationships develop even though it’s very minuscule and subtle.
2D > 3D
 
Feb 5, 2019 9:17 AM
Master Expander

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 10743
Lost in Space! I miss that show. Looks like this should bring some of that nostalgia back. And it is a survival story which is quite uncommon. However, the key visual showing only two of the nine members makes me a bit skeptical...
 
Feb 5, 2019 10:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 248
Good to know that this underrated manga gets the attention that it deserves.
 
Feb 5, 2019 8:09 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 22
Series Composition: Norimitsu Kaihou (Gakkougurashi!)

Oh boy....
 
Feb 5, 2019 8:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 2024
No way! No freaking way! I literally just finished the manga yesterday!

It's really good, and doesn't feel like the usual Jump manga, so I really recommend it.

Actually...why aren't there more Shonen Jump sci-fi manga?
Bum Bum Dum Dum

 
Feb 5, 2019 11:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 395
Director: Masaomi Andou (Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse)

I didn't read the manga but am expecting to have nightmares
 
Feb 6, 2019 2:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 2123
Sket Dance author? Looking forward to it.
 
Feb 6, 2019 5:05 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 619
Eh wasn't a fan of the manga.
 
Feb 6, 2019 9:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 32285
malvarez1 said:
Actually...why aren't there more Shonen Jump sci-fi manga?


we used to have them a lot before lost decade took hit in japan economy bring pessimism influence to author... now most Sci-fi is either post apocalyptic or dystopian future. it's not special to Jump in any way. look how space opera has fallen. sure the classic futurustic Scifi still there (like ST*RS, or IShoujo), but they are exception to the rule. and harder to get popular too.
Modified by Kuma, Feb 6, 2019 9:18 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
 
Feb 6, 2019 9:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 490
A series from the mangaka of Sket dance?damn, why did i never heard about this manga before?

Now,i will first read the whole manga and then wait for the anime to start.
 
Feb 7, 2019 11:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 102
Vindstot said:
Publisher Shueisha opened an official website for a TV anime adaptation of Kenta Shinohara's sci-fi action manga Kanata no Astra (Astra Lost in Space) on Tuesday. The anime series is scheduled to air in 2019.

Synopsis
The year is 2061, when space travel is now possible and commercially viable, and the students of Caird High School embark on their Planet Camp.

But soon after Group B5 arrived at their planetary camp site, a mysterious and unforeseen sentient light sphere warps its nine members into outer space, stranding them 5012 light years away from their home planet.

With the discovery of an old, unmanned spaceship nearby, the students must stay strong, manage their limited resources, and remain united in the darkness of space, so that all of them can survive their long and likely perilous trek back home aboard the Astra. (Source: Batoto, edited)

Staff
Director: Masaomi Andou (Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse)
Series Composition: Norimitsu Kaihou (Gakkougurashi!)
Character Design: Keiko Kurosawa (Ansatsu Kyoushitsu)
Studio: Lerche
Production: Kanata no Astra Production Committee

Shinohara launched Kanata no Astra in Shounen Jump+ web magazine in May 2016, three years after concluding SKET Dance. The manga ended the following December with 49 chapters. Shueisha published the manga in five volumes, with the latest in February 2018.

VIZ Media began releasing the chapters on its website in August 2016 and licensed the manga for physical release in November 2017. The fifth and last volume went on sale on December 4 last year.

Kanata no Astra placed third in the male readers' division in the 2019 Kono Manga ga Sugoi! rankings last December. The manga was also nominated for the 12th Manga Taisho awards earlier this year.

Official site: http://astra-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @astra_anime

Source: Moca News

Kanata no Astra on MAL


I very, very happy about this !! it was incredible manga and I think it will stun people minds with twists and turns!! and its different which nice to see!!!
Feel free to check my anime list profile and my twitter account The Future Is Ani1!! For all things anime!! I hope you have great day!!
 
Feb 7, 2019 11:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 102
YorukaWaifu said:
Good to know that this underrated manga gets the attention that it deserves.


I 100% agree I thought it be lost, right after i read this series, I knew it need to be anime!!
Feel free to check my anime list profile and my twitter account The Future Is Ani1!! For all things anime!! I hope you have great day!!
 
Feb 8, 2019 3:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 466
This looks quite promising.
 
Feb 8, 2019 4:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1176
should I read the manga or wait for this?
 
Feb 9, 2019 9:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 2024
RobinTheKing said:
should I read the manga or wait for this?

The manga is really short (five volumes) so you might as well read it, it won't be a time consumer.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

 
Mar 25, 2019 1:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 893
im so glad this is getting an adaption, i loved the manga so much
 
Top