Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Feb 11, 2019 1:34 PM

Apr 2015
A bit late to the party (Watched this episode last week)

I will repeat what everyone said about how this episode is pretty much the best thing that happened to Mob, I watched it twice. It was amazing, unique and the directing is phenomenal.

I am lost with words
Feb 14, 2019 12:38 AM

Mar 2009
Fucking hell, Bones! I don't even know how they do it.

Mob's kind and forgiving nature is truly something else. Bless his wonderful heart.
Feb 15, 2019 9:48 AM
Aug 2018
Bones, you don't get tired of surprising me positively.
Feb 17, 2019 6:14 AM

Jul 2017
This show is getting better and better. Definitely a movie quality episode. Insane.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Feb 17, 2019 7:23 PM

Aug 2017
OMG this is much better than S1! Mogami vs Mob was amazing!!

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 17, 2019 8:42 PM

Dec 2012
Ok, this is officially one of the best episodes I have watched in the anime medium in the past 7 years. I even came out of my lurking silence to make this comment so it shows.
allo
Feb 18, 2019 2:21 AM

Dec 2013
andya34 said:
Am I the only one who found animation nothing but a color mess?

I dont think this was a colormess, colormess would be fights like those in fate/aprocrypha
like the fire dude vs the mc
Feb 21, 2019 7:53 PM

Feb 2015
In the inner fantasy that Mogami created for Mob, he is in school but the girl Minori Asagiri (possessed girl) is introduced to the class, Mob's life is represented with cruel people, bullies (incluiding Asagiri) for 6 months, but Mogami decided to give Mob powers, he was about to use them but Ekubo appeared. On the outside, Reigen and Ekubo decided to stay and Ekubo made an attempt to get into the girl. That's when Ekubo appeared and made Mob realize what is real. A battle started between Mogami and Mob, finally Mob won, saved Asagiri (recovered her body) and got back to his body. Matsuo (claw ex member) captured Mogami's spirit when he was weak. Asagiri is very grateful and she and her father donated to the club that venerated Mob.

Characters. Well, I have to highlight that Mob got a point here, sometimes you can change, even that shitty personality from Asagiri, Reigen is not that hustler that we think, he really cares about Mob and has helped him to become more confident, and Mob is lucky for being sorrounded by the people that has, his personality needs help, but some characters have done more than help him. On the other hand, Mogami's life wasn't that lucky, but with the same potential, he ended being an avenger that made his own justice, and being honest, giving lessons to people like Asagiri wasn't that bad, she decided to be like that. But at the end, who are we to judge.
Atlas77Jul 14, 2019 9:14 PM
Feb 27, 2019 10:34 PM

Dec 2013
Phenomenal episode. I'm so proud of Mob :)
Feb 28, 2019 5:02 AM

Jun 2013
Holy shit. This was absolutely amazing :O
Mar 7, 2019 3:34 AM

Jun 2012
This episode was such an insane display of animation, holy hell. Also probably the most ominous episode of the entire series at least up until episode 9. Also marks the first time Mob was unable to keep up with someone even at 100%. Whole episode was crazy.
Mar 9, 2019 7:59 AM

May 2018
To be honest, the first season was so basic almost all of the time (gave it a 6/10) that this second season almost feels like a different show. The story stepped up its' game so much and animation quality has been great.
After ep 1 and 4, we've got another highly enjoyable episode. Porbably the best one yet.
Mar 24, 2019 12:06 AM

Jun 2012
Dimple is slowly becoming one of my favorite characters, and hes funny af too
Mar 25, 2019 8:48 PM

Jun 2015
i'm curious as to who the guy that took mogami's spirit is. i don't remember him from s1 and he's got an interesting character design
Mar 27, 2019 6:59 PM
Mar 2019
bitchassdarius said:
thiago52192 said:

- Saying he didn't use ad hominem
- Proving by using ad hominem in half of his argument

hmm...

You don't understand what ad hominem is, stop embarrassing yourself. You think ad hominem is something you can play like a trap card whenever someone on the internet calls you a mean name, but that's completely incorrect and shows you have the comprehension of a baby. You didn't even read half of my "argument," which wasn't an argument at all, it was actually just a statement of facts. Do you want your milk now that I've changed you diaper?

Kreemy said:

You misinterpreted the message. I don’t think you’re stupid for missing it because it’s honestly portrayed so much the clearly in the manga (8 chapters were condensed to 2 episodes). I’ll provide some of the information that’s either exclusive to the manga or simply portrayed far better. I may be repeating some of what you’re saying, but you need the context to truly understand it.

The narrative behind this arc is based on the parallels between Mob/Mogami and the mindset Mob had been developing toward humans since episode 2 when he was forced to choose between exorcising an innocent family of spirits or killing shitty humans. These are the final panels shown before the arc officially began.

https://i.imgur.com/y11Cr81.png
https://i.imgur.com/dv32oQx.png

This is the set up to the core theme of the arc. Shitty humans are worth saving because they can change.. Mob didn’t come to this realization himself because he was saved by Dimple. That is the payoff to everything S2 had been building up.

The girl Mob needs to save is a complete piece of shit. She didn’t only bully Mob. She did it in her previous school as well just to be popular. Mogami questions why Mob is trying to save her when all she’s going to do is hurt more people just as she hurt Mob. It wasn’t until after the ordeal when Asagiri witnessed everything Mob did for her, despite attempting to ruin his life on a daily basis, that she was able to change. She changed because of Mob. Reigen changed because of Mob. Dimple changed because of Mob. Hanazawa changed because of Mob. Mob changed because of everyone in is life. Mob coming to a self realization, or “saving himself”, doesn’t support this narrative because the arc isn’t solely about Mob growing. It’s just as much about the people around him growing. Dimple saving Mob is the payoff to the panels I posted.

As you can partially see in the anime, Reigen and Dimple are using “selfish” reasons to justify themselves waiting for Mob to come out safely, saying they need to wait in order to keep “using” them. This is them lying to themselves. I’m not sure how well the anime gave off that impression if you couldn’t sense that.

This makes a lot of sense, of course if I had read the manga. The scenario of the first season isn't really written that way, so that's probably partially why I didn't get that initially. At most, there's some focus on Ritsu changing, but it's really just the "Mob" show. And again, if this is supposed to be the payoff of this season, it's definitely premature, whether the pacing could have slowed down in the adaptation or if this climax could have been written later on in the first place.

You can make your points online, but don't be a petty bitch about it online because people don't understand your points. It's not all their fault that they don't understand since it's also on you to communicate your point better. That's not even getting into your whole shit attitude concerning this topic. You hide your malice between your claims and evidence and it's pretty disgusting. Own up to your feelings instead of blaming it on other people. They don't understand what you're really trying to say? Take a step back and think how to better communicate. You don't feel like you're able to discuss further with a particular person? Calmly and respectfully tell them that instead doing what ever the hell you're doing. Sorry for my own malice, but it really ticks me off when people try to act better than other people when we all just wanna appreciate a show.
Mar 30, 2019 9:37 PM

Jul 2013
Damn this episode was just epic. So like I thought Keji created an illusion for Mob. He experienced only bad things where classmates bullying him, he has no friends, no brother and overall it's just a sad life.
Keji wanted Mob to understand him and he showed the true nature of Minori.

I'm glad Dimple got also into Minoris body with the help of Matsuo. Dimple was able to bring back the normal Mob and then the absolute crazy began. When Mob reached 100% I thought he was out of control but that was just to funny when Dimple said "Who's that?" :D
Crazy to think that Mob even with his controlled 100% couldn't beat Keji. So he just went beyond to casually ??? % which was even crazier. At least so he was able to exorcise all the ghosts and to rescue Minori.

The animation was phenomenal holy moly. Also the conversation overall was pretty deep and it's true everyone can change.

I don't know but I got a little bit teary when Minori apologized especially with the OST in the background. Was a nice moment and a perfect job by the voice actor. :)

I just love how much Mob changed, his character developement is awesome to see.

Mar 31, 2019 1:00 AM

Jan 2019
WHAT an Amazing Fight. 100% Mob was looking great ...
Apr 2, 2019 5:34 AM

Jan 2016
These last two episodes were fantastic. Really glad we were given some introspection into Mob w/ powers and how he felt and comes to feel about the world around him. There was some decent depth to Mogami but I also felt some characters were pretty one-dimensional, particularly the other psychics and bullies. But holy fuck the art and animation was such a highlight.

4/5
Apr 3, 2019 10:52 AM

May 2012
Damn that was pretty impressive, epic action and quite some strong character development! Looking forwards to see what's next.
Apr 4, 2019 5:59 PM

Jul 2009
blah blah something friendship something.

Terrible start to this series.
Apr 5, 2019 8:32 AM

Jul 2013
Goddamn look at those fight scenes, they really went all out with the animation. Anyway, did they just transfer 500m yen to that cult's bank account? Another goddamn.
Apr 5, 2019 5:18 PM

Sep 2018
Literally the best payoff ever. I love normal Mob but jesus christ that was so badass
Apr 6, 2019 5:55 AM

Jun 2017
Looked good but the story behind it was terrible, what the fuck was it even supposed to mean

Apr 6, 2019 2:00 PM
Jul 2018
This can be the best animated episode of the year.

Finally, we saw some substantive character development in Mob Psycho 100. I don't think the story itself was terrible in this episode. It explained why Mob or other heroes decided to help mankind. They know people can change. They all believe in change. I think that was really a good point. This episode wasn't flawless, tho.

Apr 6, 2019 7:42 PM
May 2016
Honestly, even after finishing this show and rewatching it now twice, this is still the best episode of the entire adaptation for me and may as well be the best episode of any anime I've seen in YEARS. People are truly underappreciating just how much effort went into both the direction for this ep and the movie-quality animation. I sincerely doubt we'll get an episode this good for quite some time. god bless you Hakyuu Go for helping make an Akira-tier episode for this show. What a legend.
Apr 20, 2019 12:27 AM

Mar 2012
Holy moly that was quite the action packed episode o_o
May 1, 2019 8:45 PM

May 2013
Lmaaaooooo, gotta get that Mob Donald sponsor hahhahahah xD

Bishie Mobbu appears!!!!!! XDDD
Dimple was funny when he saw bishie Mobbu lololol

Hey, I'm glad that girl's father didn't die :P
May 26, 2019 4:19 AM

Feb 2017
bitchassdarius said:
thiago52192 said:

- Saying he didn't use ad hominem
- Proving by using ad hominem in half of his argument

hmm...

You don't understand what ad hominem is, stop embarrassing yourself. You think ad hominem is something you can play like a trap card whenever someone on the internet calls you a mean name, but that's completely incorrect and shows you have the comprehension of a baby. You didn't even read half of my "argument," which wasn't an argument at all, it was actually just a statement of facts. Do you want your milk now that I've changed you diaper?

Kreemy said:

You misinterpreted the message. I don’t think you’re stupid for missing it because it’s honestly portrayed so much the clearly in the manga (8 chapters were condensed to 2 episodes). I’ll provide some of the information that’s either exclusive to the manga or simply portrayed far better. I may be repeating some of what you’re saying, but you need the context to truly understand it.

The narrative behind this arc is based on the parallels between Mob/Mogami and the mindset Mob had been developing toward humans since episode 2 when he was forced to choose between exorcising an innocent family of spirits or killing shitty humans. These are the final panels shown before the arc officially began.

https://i.imgur.com/y11Cr81.png
https://i.imgur.com/dv32oQx.png

This is the set up to the core theme of the arc. Shitty humans are worth saving because they can change.. Mob didn’t come to this realization himself because he was saved by Dimple. That is the payoff to everything S2 had been building up.

The girl Mob needs to save is a complete piece of shit. She didn’t only bully Mob. She did it in her previous school as well just to be popular. Mogami questions why Mob is trying to save her when all she’s going to do is hurt more people just as she hurt Mob. It wasn’t until after the ordeal when Asagiri witnessed everything Mob did for her, despite attempting to ruin his life on a daily basis, that she was able to change. She changed because of Mob. Reigen changed because of Mob. Dimple changed because of Mob. Hanazawa changed because of Mob. Mob changed because of everyone in is life. Mob coming to a self realization, or “saving himself”, doesn’t support this narrative because the arc isn’t solely about Mob growing. It’s just as much about the people around him growing. Dimple saving Mob is the payoff to the panels I posted.

As you can partially see in the anime, Reigen and Dimple are using “selfish” reasons to justify themselves waiting for Mob to come out safely, saying they need to wait in order to keep “using” them. This is them lying to themselves. I’m not sure how well the anime gave off that impression if you couldn’t sense that.

This makes a lot of sense, of course if I had read the manga. The scenario of the first season isn't really written that way, so that's probably partially why I didn't get that initially. At most, there's some focus on Ritsu changing, but it's really just the "Mob" show. And again, if this is supposed to be the payoff of this season, it's definitely premature, whether the pacing could have slowed down in the adaptation or if this climax could have been written later on in the first place.

You're insufferable jesus christ ..... how do people deal with you in real life?
May 26, 2019 6:55 AM
Oct 2017
ocrybabyo said:
bitchassdarius said:

You're insufferable jesus christ ..... how do people deal with you in real life?

By having IQ above 2 digits. My company tends to be educated and have rhetorical skills developed outside of 4chan and reddit. Sorry if you find interacting with intelligent people difficult, but that's an idiosyncratic problem dependent on your abysmal attitude.
May 26, 2019 8:15 AM

Feb 2017
bitchassdarius said:
ocrybabyo said:

By having IQ above 2 digits. My company tends to be educated and have rhetorical skills developed outside of 4chan and reddit. Sorry if you find interacting with intelligent people difficult, but that's an idiosyncratic problem dependent on your abysmal attitude.

I thought The Big Bang Theory already finished airing.
May 26, 2019 8:35 AM
Oct 2017
ocrybabyo said:
bitchassdarius said:

I thought The Big Bang Theory already finished airing.

You really thought that was clever, didn't you? Did it take you a couple minutes to come up with that, or did you have that handy in your backpocket in the case someone pointed out how dumb you sound? Now, are you willing to rebut anything I've said in my old-ass posts, or are you just going to keep offering these milquetoast mutterings that betray how little control you have over your apish impulses?
May 28, 2019 4:10 AM

May 2016
Those six months he spent in that parallel world without anyone he remotely regarded as friends was absolutely brutal. Getting bullied like that on a daily basis, especially by the very person you came in to save while your supposed friends go on with their own business because they've never gotten close to you there must've been absolute hell. He was pushed over to the edge in the most dreadful way possible but Dimple popped out at just the right moment. I was feeling so despairful when he started to strangle his POS bullies but his appearance made me chuckle real hard~

He had completely forgotten about his friends but Dimple jogging his memory made him realize their true value as people that helped him become stronger on both the outside and the inside. Instead of completely agreeing with Mogami that humans are hopelessly shitty, he instead believed that humans should be saved because they can be saved. Most of his most precious friends were either initially distant towards him or enemies after all. Mob awakening 100% of his Determination was beautifully done and he put up a splendid fight against Mogami and the spirits inside him but he still had to rely on his unstable ???% state because it still wasn't enough.

It surprised me that Minori actually confessed that she was that type of person before she got possessed but it's great that she really did feel apologetic towards Shigeo and turned into a better person after that. I'm also glad that her dad managed to survive too. That Claw guy captured Mogami and will probably stir up some trouble with the remaining members but I'm looking forward to their rematch. Reigen not accepting that fortune because he thought that he didn't deserve it was pretty cool for him to do but I hope that he starts paying Mob more!

May 31, 2019 7:41 AM

Jan 2009
This show is subtly turning into a harem.
Jun 27, 2019 7:42 AM

Mar 2015
Wew that was intense! Mob's positive feelings came out this time
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 4, 2019 10:11 AM

Sep 2010
This episode was fire and this season was godly so far not only in animation but in story as well.

I will still try to hold back on rushing through it though. Masterpieces like this shouldn't be eaten up at once but rather tasted slowly and enjoy every bite of it.

Jul 5, 2019 8:00 AM
Jan 2018
Vysarine said:
Holy hell

WHITE T POISON IN ALL HIS GLORY
(Now with animu eyes)

Internet having a field day with the glorious sakuga today. And seeing Asagiri crying after realizing how horrible she was to her savior in that dream world was really touching.

Also:

To those not in the know, the Director, Storyboarder and Animation Director for this episode is Hakuyu Go.

The young Taiwanese prodigy that also directed Fate Apocrypha's episode 22 and some of the most important scenes in MHA.

This is his last animation job for now because he is going to the mandatory military service in Taiwan.

This is only tragedy of the day for me. Such animation genius wasted with fucking mandatory military service

he also did One Punch Man (TV) ep 12
Jul 10, 2019 1:07 PM

Jun 2015
This show deserves 10/10 just based on this episode.

it completely blew me away, one of the best episodes I've ever seen to the date.
ok :p
Jul 30, 2019 3:34 PM
Sep 2016
ton load of shits skipped from this episode. like seriously they skipped so many stuff and scene in this bully arc and cramped into 1 episode. its not like bones at all. but still this episode though! the animation was beautiful as fuck and even though they skipped a lot of shit, i'm still not mad at all. it was a fair adaptation. studio pierrot needs to observe this shit.
Aug 1, 2019 6:23 PM

Oct 2013
Kinda wanted Mob to turn evil, but loved the episode nonetheless

Aug 18, 2019 6:42 PM

Aug 2018
This episode was Amazing
Sep 15, 2019 7:27 AM

Jul 2015
One word for this episode:....INCREDIBLE
The visuals and amount of action was just great
Dimple, you bastard, even though you don't want to admit it, you really care for Mob, even waking him up when he needed it the most
Looks like Mob has grown both as person and esper

Sep 28, 2019 1:25 PM
Jul 2018
Mogami Keiji is not entirely extinct, ha?
Guess the possiblity of him showing up again later on is there. How dissapointing. I really dislike that guy.
Oct 4, 2019 4:16 AM

Dec 2013
Those 24 minutes felt like a 1 hour long movie, major props to the director.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Oct 14, 2019 9:42 PM

Oct 2018
So this is the episode everyone was talking about..Look at all those flashing lights..GODDAMN

Nov 4, 2019 5:46 PM

Apr 2018
I have no words. Just unreal.

“Just as happiness shines in the shadows of sorrow, only in the darkest depths of fear, does courage shine through.”
Nov 17, 2019 7:02 AM

May 2019
In these 2 episodes:

- Mob goes to misterious paranormal gathering

- discover terrible spiritual menace

- fight aggainst it and is defeated

- the rich host looks to be killed

- Dimple has a flashback of his past

- Mob leaves his body

- Dimple take it for the 1st time

- in the mind world, Mob lives months in a distorted reality

- Mob is saved in the last second

- Mob achieves 100% emotional powers under control for the 1st time

- crazy psichic fight in the mind world

- Mob underpasses 100%

- Mob wins. The menace is captured.

- Girl is saved and learns a lesson

- Mob learns many lessons

- Happy epilogue.

It sure was a like a movie!
Rob7Aug 28, 2020 8:54 PM
Dec 4, 2019 11:18 PM

Aug 2017
Seeing Mob get bullied was heart breaking. Glad to see dimple step up and help out. The action in this episode was phenomenal. The old guy didn’t die at least and we got a Mob Donald ad. Reigan teaching mob valuable lesson. Man this is one heck of a ride.
Dec 9, 2019 11:33 AM

Feb 2015
A lot of flashing lights and crazy explosions. I like.
Jan 2, 2020 9:46 AM

Oct 2013
Oh boy, the amount of sasuga animation and intensiveness was insane in this episode! :D Great story brought in a beautiful way.
Jan 7, 2020 3:04 AM

Nov 2012
Best episode so far, the action and animation were both top tier!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Apr 1, 2019

405 by strawberryfools »»
Apr 22, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jiharo - Dec 4, 2018

347 by Nm-Lahm »»
Apr 5, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2019

251 by squiddard »»
Apr 1, 4:36 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2019

191 by squiddard »»
Mar 31, 2:35 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2019

217 by squiddard »»
Mar 30, 5:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.