Forum Settings
Forums

So... I kind of made decision to never watch these titles. I will never give them chance, no matter how high their score is.

New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 4, 2019 5:54 AM

May 2016
Psajdak said:
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu, and everything related to it.

Stuff that adapts Reki Kawahara's works, although I did see first 13 episodes of SAO, and entire AW series, and AW OVA...
But I learned my lesson.

High School DxD. From what I know, the only good thing about this are hentai fanarts.

Monogatari series. People tell me all the time that this is harem franchise that is actually awesome, and I say, sorry folks, but I have no interest in one guy being sorrounded by beautiful girls, unless he is an orc, pig orc, middle aged school janitor, evil warlord who enslaved the entire Holy Elven Forest, or Ryuichi Kaizu from Aoki Hono, or simply just random evil demon with tentacles.

Kimi no Na wa. Because it's made by Makoto Shinkai, and it's probably one more of his movies filled with disgusting feels, and melodrama, and I'm at that point in life when I just don't want stuff that makes me feel bad, and down.

No Game No Life. Not even sure what this is all about, but seems to be harem, so, by default garbage.

There is probably a lot more, but I'm bored to mention it all.

Do you folks also have stuff that you will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever give even a tiny bit of your attention, no matter how much others praise it.

Enjoy in thread.

You are doing yourself a great disservice if you're skipping any of Shinkai's works...

...but No Game No Life, yeah, you're not missing anything at all there. Utter tripe.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Feb 4, 2019 6:11 AM

Jun 2015
lol whoever sold you Monogatari as a harem was probably dumb.

People, Monogatari is NOT a harem
Feb 4, 2019 6:24 AM

May 2018
Come on guys, there is at least one good harem - Tenchi Muyou! Ryououki OVA1 - OVA3 (+ Tenchi Muyou! GXP TV which is not about Tenchi).
And what can I tell you they are not meant to be taken seriously.

Monogatari is only technicaly a harem...which doesn't mean it's not boring. I liked only Bakemomogatari and dropped the franchise after Nisemonogatari.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is the anime I will never watch...and I am a mecha fan also a Gainax fan.
Watched the Eva movie by mistake and my reaction was "Seriously? This is supposed to be better than the Akira, GITS and Ouritsu Uchuugun movies put together?".
The last time I ever cared seriuosly about popularity and what anime fandom consider good and important.

Also I skip all sport animes. Tried various of those like Hajime no Ippo or unconventional ones like Chihayafuru, even checked by mistake Free while thinking it's a genuine swimming title but never worked for me.
Feb 4, 2019 8:18 AM

Apr 2015
Your loss on Monogatari and Kimi no Na wa. The latter definitely isn't a downer like you think it is.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Feb 4, 2019 8:48 AM

Mar 2017
Yeah some of those I wont be watching as well. Re Zero I'm not watching because it's probably just overhyped and overrated garbage. Highschool DxD has nice tits but thats about it. Not worth watching. No Game No Life from what I know of it seems very cliche so I wont even bother with it. Your Name was a decent movie. The only thing going for it was the music and animation though.
Feb 4, 2019 9:13 AM
Aug 2011
Stygian_Prisoner said:
I will never watch Detective Conan, simply because it's too goddamn long and both the premise and art style are unappealing to me.

Yuri on Ice! and other yaoi stuff just 'cause that genre isn't for me.

Ashita no Joe, Haikyuu, Kuroko no Basket and other sports anime. I don't really care if they have a legitimately good, dramatic story; if it is centered around sports, i won't like it.

so much for your "I'm a simple, open-minded guy when it comes to Anime" on your profile lmao.
Feb 4, 2019 9:27 AM

Jan 2018
Well at least it's not another topic about Xena and Princess Zelda.

I thought you were just oblivious and innocent. Now I believe 100% that you're a troll.
Feb 4, 2019 9:51 AM

Aug 2016
I'm pretty much open to watching anything.
Feb 4, 2019 10:00 AM

Dec 2018
No. I don't limit myself. You will never know what you're missing until you experience it for yourself.
Feb 4, 2019 10:05 AM

Jun 2014
@Psajdak Hey buddy, it has come to my attention that you got confused while writing your essay, and posted it on the forums instead of the blog where this belongs.
Remember: ironic shitposting is still shitposting, even if you try to half-heartedly disguise it as a discussion thread!
PernodiFeb 4, 2019 10:08 AM

Feb 4, 2019 10:17 AM

Jan 2018
Don't judge a book by it's cover, you never know if you'll like even a 30 second scene of the anime listed.

Feb 4, 2019 10:37 AM
Jul 2018
Thanks for the recommendations mate, I'll be sure to check them all out ;)
Feb 4, 2019 11:13 AM

May 2016
probably clannad, the first season is considered boring so i don't think it worth it when i already get bored way faster than most people, and while i like to judge things by myself, sol and schools are a big turn-off
Feb 4, 2019 11:32 AM
Aug 2015
Psajdak said:

Stuff that adapts Reki Kawahara's works, although I did see first 13 episodes of SAO, and entire AW series, and AW OVA...
But I learned my lesson.

High School DxD. From what I know, the only good thing about this are hentai fanarts.

Monogatari series. People tell me all the time that this is harem franchise that is actually awesome, and I say, sorry folks, but I have no interest in one guy being sorrounded by beautiful girls, unless he is an orc, pig orc, middle aged school janitor, evil warlord who enslaved the entire Holy Elven Forest, or Ryuichi Kaizu from Aoki Hono, or simply just random evil demon with tentacles.

Kimi no Na wa. Because it's made by Makoto Shinkai, and it's probably one more of his movies filled with disgusting feels, and melodrama, and I'm at that point in life when I just don't want stuff that makes me feel bad, and down.

No Game No Life. Not even sure what this is all about, but seems to be harem, so, by default garbage.

Do you folks also have stuff that you will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever give even a tiny bit of your attention, no matter how much others praise it.

Enjoy in thread.

Just like you, there are some popular shows I won't ever watch because even if I haven't watch a great amount of animes I've seen enough to know about my tastes.

Here is a list of some of these popular shows I won't ever watch or continue:

- Re:Zero, because I can't stand this kind of moe chara-design and the story doesn't interest me.

- Sword Art Online, dropped at episode 9 because it was annoying and I was told that there were more useless female characters to come. Plus the fact that there is fan service.

- every show that contain ecchi, ecchi-like fan service, harem with fan service... such as High School of the Dead, Monogataries series, No Game No Lide... (I've watch Code Geass a long time ago and some episodes of Fairy Tail but I can no more watch shows like this)

- Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress (just saw the trailers), because they used the popularity of Shingeki no Kyojin, they used the same staff, and they didn't respect Isayama since they copied the gear the characters use in their anime. Anyway I "boycott" Goro Taniguchi show since every time he does an anime he's copying or taking too much inspiration from an other one.

- Fate/Zero, although I liked UBW, I dropped Zero because the first episodes were boring, especially the first one. I wanted to punch the characters especially Irisveil. I hate it when characters talk too much in a monologue or discussion just to make the show mature. They talk like they've seen everything in their life. It's boring.

The same happened with Kaori in Your Lie in April (a show I shouldn't have watch because I expected it to be overrated but I did give a try and I regret because it's one of the worst show I've ever seen).
Characters act and talk like they know everything about life while they're just teeanagers. Moreover Kaori (despite what happens to her) and Tsubaki are selfish and annoying. And I can't watch shows with this kind of characters.

It's kinda sad that you don't want to watch Kimi no Na Wa. At first I really thought it was overrated but I saw it and it became my favorite Shinkai movie. But I respect your choices. Each person has its own taste. Sometimes it's good to follow someone advice because you can do good discoveries but I think following your instinct is the best (most of the time), moreover, you shouldn't force yourself to watch something even if a lot of people say it's great or if the show is popular.
Feb 4, 2019 11:44 AM
Aug 2018
Highschool DxD is actually really good, especially Hero, you're missing out

Koneko best girl btw
Feb 4, 2019 11:57 AM

Jan 2018
you're not missing much anyways. kimi no na wa and monogatari are boooring (bUT U NEED 2 WATCH dem IN da correct ORDER).
as for myself there are three types i'll skip regardless of what i read about them, mostly because of past experiences:
  • any fantasy shit in the style of goblin slayer, like D&D i guess. never again, i learned my lesson this time.
  • self aware stupid light novel adaptations, like that bunny girl one. boooring!
  • idol moeshit, self explanatory.
Feb 4, 2019 12:07 PM
May 2018
Maurice_5 said:
See, once you've admitted that you do start bait threads, your credibility is shot to hell. The fact that this doesn't look like those just means you've gotten better at it. Tactical error!
Okay, but those threads are almost 10 years old.

Not to mention, all of them were writen in thread that was once called Spam, but later was renamed into Forum Games.

That was just example, though.

Nowadays I never troll on sites like MAL, Neogaf, and MGS Forums.
Feb 4, 2019 12:18 PM

Jan 2018
>Brothers Conflict: saw the first episode and don't want to see more. Harem + incest = disgust

>Kekai Sensen: Boring. Looks like every other shounen. MC joins some organisation, MC makes friends, MC goes on adventures, MC meets a villain, MC defeats a villain, repeat

>Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu: Romcom about supernatural in school? Haha, no. also unappealing art
Feb 4, 2019 12:26 PM
May 2018
Kirie-san said:

It's kinda sad that you don't want to watch Kimi no Na Wa. At first I really thought it was overrated but I saw it and it became my favorite Shinkai movie. But I respect your choices. Each person has its own taste. Sometimes it's good to follow someone advice because you can do good discoveries but I think following your instinct is the best (most of the time), moreover, you shouldn't force yourself to watch something even if a lot of people say it's great or if the show is popular.
I am well aware that Makoto Shinkai is great director, but like I said, these days I can't handle too emotional stuff, it just makes me feel bad.

Btw, I think you should give Fate/Zero chance, simply because of Rider.
Feb 4, 2019 12:37 PM

Jan 2017
Wouldn't actually say I won't give them a try, but I surely won't start them until I have really run out of other good shows to watch
- Code Geass. Seems okay, but it's not a priority
- Clannad. The art style is really unappealing to me
- Love Life. I have nothing against idol shows, but they're really not among my go-tos, unless it has a really interesting plot.
- Deadman Wonderland. Might have watched it in my first year of being an anime fan, but I really doubt it being my shit now.
- Fate. Too. Many. Series. I really don't know where I should start and it doesn't really seem that rewarding. Maybe later
- Pokemon anime. I'm better off playing the games lmao
- Lupin. Seems pretty cool, but it's a pretty long franchise and I don't think I'd dive into it anytime soon
Well, these are a few I can think of. The thing is, once I started watching seasonals, it's pretty hard for me to actually watch older shows, so every time I pick up a new one, I want to actually enjoy it, rather than watching it just for the sake of it. Therefore, I need to filter out the series, and watch things I know I can fully enjoy, rather than taking a leap of faith and end up wasting my time. However, I don't intend of putting some of those series off, but I am well aware that I might not watch all the anime I want to in a lifetime so yolo.
Feb 4, 2019 12:44 PM

Oct 2013
I can't see myself watching anything older than 1990 anytime soon.
Feb 4, 2019 12:47 PM

Jan 2019
Cant stand love triangle drama, which is why im not watching domestic girlfriend from this season.

Also hate most harems because all the characters tend to be boring. There are a few exceptions though. Same goes for Ecchi shows.
Feb 4, 2019 12:52 PM
Aug 2018
PsychoEkin said:
I will never watch the fate franchise.
you are avoiding one seriously awesome show then Fate/Zero one of the greatest i've seen.
Feb 4, 2019 12:56 PM
Aug 2018
Arkab said:
I have three titles in mind and all of them share the same reason: unappealing artwork:

- One Piece
- Ping Pong the Animation
- JoJo Bizarre Adventures

I don't care the high scores and praise. Artwork is my first filter; it's the first thing impacting my enjoyment, so if I don't like it, with all certainty I'm not going to enjoy anything from the show.
i totally agree its the same for me. although my friends complained me so much so i decided to watch mojo's. And i have to so it is pretty good. the art style is btw gorgeous in golden wind
Feb 4, 2019 1:08 PM

Oct 2013
I don't know really what to say but as long you're really decided then keep watching anime.
Feb 4, 2019 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
You're missing out by not watching High School DxD. It's seriously a great show.
Feb 4, 2019 1:24 PM

Oct 2013
quality shit post mate I give it an 8/10

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 4, 2019 1:32 PM

Aug 2018
Rowan_F said:
As for a proper answer, I tend to avoid the terrible meme ones, like Boku no Pico

Stop right there, sir. Just saying the name is a good enough reason to avoid the title.
╔════════════════ • • ════════════════╗
Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind
I want to get off, but I keep riding the ride
I never really noticed that I had to decide
To play someone's game, or live my own life
- Get Free, Lana Del Rey

╚════════════════ • • ════════════════╝
Feb 4, 2019 1:32 PM

Jan 2018
This thread is hilarious. I don't judge shows off impressions, opinions of others, or the genres they fall into. If I start a series, I'll know in a few episodes whether or not I'll like it enough to continue til the end. If it's shit, or doesn't interest me, I'll drop it. But the Makoto Shinkai comment was just ridiculous. If anything you should watch his works just to appreciate the painstaking level of detail put into the art. Kimi no Na wa definitely isn't my favorite, but it was a spectacular movie, and all I can say is that you're missing out. Not my problem though.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Feb 4, 2019 2:45 PM

Mar 2018
PietTee said:
PsychoEkin said:
you are avoiding one seriously awesome show then Fate/Zero one of the greatest i've seen.

I have watched fate/zero season 1 and 2 and I liked it. But I don't want to watch the rest of the fate franchise because I don't like the mc and I hate Sakura.
Evangelion is shit
Feb 4, 2019 3:49 PM
Dec 2013
It's not really praised but I don't think I'll ever watch the third season of Hayate no Gotoku (Can't Take My Eyes Off You), knowing that it's 100% filler.
Feb 4, 2019 3:54 PM
Aug 2016
Psajdak said:

But I learned my lesson.

Enjoy in thread.

Just cause it's Harem doesn't mean its garbage
Feb 4, 2019 4:48 PM

Sep 2010
The only one I can think of is Lucky Star I watched the first episode and thought it was trash so nope never going back
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Feb 4, 2019 4:51 PM

Feb 2010
For gods sake, go and create a blog. AD is not your personal blogging space.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 4, 2019 5:30 PM

Jul 2013
I'm seeing a lot of jimmies being rustled in this thread and I love that.

Anime I will never watch.

• Most heavy/pure ecchi anime
  • KLK
  • NGNL
  • Higurashi
  • Clannad
  • Angel Beats
  • Shokugeki no Souma

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Feb 4, 2019 5:32 PM
Dec 2018
I don't understand the purpose of this post. But most of the shows you skip are trash, so that's a good decision.
A little bit of precision for a large amount of clarity
Feb 4, 2019 5:40 PM

Jan 2019
It was fun to watch a guy dissing out some popular animes and other users getting baited into a one-sided shitty discussion.
Feb 4, 2019 5:45 PM

May 2017
This thread is wack, why would anyone renounce watching shows they have no idea about. How will you ever enjoy anything new if you just refuse to watch shit that might change your preferences? Hell, this isn;t even a discussion thread to begin with it was just some guy saying how close minded he was and some other people saw it as a chance to display how daft they were.

I don't like it because it's harem

I was the same until I, wait for it, actually gave some harem shows a chance. Turns out, they are somewhat enjoyable even if they lack the artistic quality of other shows in other genres.

Just watch everything damn it you're going to run out of what you think are "good shows" to watch eventually
Feb 4, 2019 5:57 PM

Apr 2016
If you're going to shit on something the very least you can do is watch it, even 5 minutes of it.
Feb 4, 2019 6:12 PM

Apr 2018
stand said:

so much for your "I'm a simple, open-minded guy when it comes to Anime" on your profile lmao.

In that very same profile description, i also mention that sports and a couple other genres are an exception just 'cause they're not my thing.
It's more like i'm open-minded towards anything that i might be willing to check out in the first place; doesn't mean i'll watch absolutely everything under the sun.
Selective reading, much?
Feb 4, 2019 6:59 PM

Apr 2016
Good, Now convince yourself to never watch anime ever again so it will decrease their income even though half of the people watching anime pirate it. Now go watch more western media so their industry will remain triumph.
Feb 4, 2019 8:11 PM
May 2018
It's not like I stopped watching anime in general.

I simply think life is too short to waste on even giving a chance to stuff I'm mostly sure I won't enjoy.

Steins;Gate - I saw first season, and for me that is enough; never liked it, though...
Feb 4, 2019 10:34 PM

Apr 2017
I don’t know how I could’ve made it throughout the day without hearing what anime Psajdak refuses to watch.
Feb 4, 2019 10:37 PM

Aug 2018
Psajdak said:

But I learned my lesson.

Enjoy in thread.

I honestly can agree with all except Monogatari Series. That might be because it's my favorite series of all time and has the best characters that have ever been created period. So I'm a little bias. Understandable though to be honest.
Feb 4, 2019 10:39 PM

Aug 2018
PsychoEkin said:

I love the fate series but that is completely understandable. Its very long and you will probably end up reading a few light novels if you want to really dive into it.
Feb 4, 2019 10:52 PM

Dec 2018
i also have some :D
One Piece
old Fullmetal Alchemis
old HunterxHunter
Pokemon yugioh beyblade and all that stuff
Yakouso no Ballroom or what is it called
digimon
sailor moon
Eureka Seven
Bleach
Gintama
Boruto

most of These are just tooo Long.i like watching Animes with 12-24 ePIsodes but 900 Episodes One Piece 300 Bleach 300 Gintama are just too much
If you rated Jujutsu Kaisen a 10/10, then your opinion is not valid.

AOT>FMAB
Feb 4, 2019 10:57 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012

Why spend any mental energy thinking about anime you're not going to watch?
Feb 4, 2019 11:04 PM

Dec 2018
Any long running anime series. I mean, fuck. I admire the users that can do shows that are over 100 episodes long, but I can barely do 25 episoders, I think I'll live without seeing the 'classics'. Sailor Moon is the only one I have any interest in anyway, the shounen battle genre seems kinda dull to me.
Feb 4, 2019 11:09 PM

Jan 2017
Idol Shows, Yuri/Yaoi, All Girls shows(some CGDCT anime being exceptions)

Particular Anime :- Berserk, Aldonan Zero, Domestic Na Kanojo which is airing this season and there is one more in which the couple are not in love with each other, the guy is in love with a female teacher and the girl with a male teacher, forgot its name.

All these anime for the sole reason of them being
Feb 5, 2019 1:02 AM
Jul 2018
I don't think Your Name is filled with melodramas tho, it's better than makoto shinkai's all other works where they don't end up together and I don't understand why people cried after watching, I didn't
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best kind of relationship in anime?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

18 by Memore »»
34 seconds ago

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - 2 hours ago

14 by Memore »»
3 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

19 by Memore »»
4 minutes ago

» For those who ever rewatch anything, are there any anime you can't really casually rewatch in whole or in part due to intensity?

WatchTillTandava - 31 minutes ago

1 by -Kugeki- »»
9 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Yesterday

51 by SwordBreaker36 »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.