Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 2, 2019 4:04 PM

Sep 2016
Like Jesus Christ I went in expecting a bubbly and cute anime about a guy that gets turned into a slime but I get brutal stabbings, cannibalism,, decapitation, and children being burned to death. I don't mind but I have to ask did anyone expect this anime to be more violent than goblin slayer? Because I sure as hell didn't. Why would an upbeat anime with a whimsical tone vastly overshadow actual dark fantasy anime in terms of how fucked up the world is as a whole. The thing is this anime doesn't really seem like it's trying to be shockingly violent or disturbing it just is. Unlike goblin slayer which seems to go out of its way to be as edgy as possible.
I've surpassed your limit!
Feb 2, 2019 4:46 PM

Jul 2016
nah fam, since the first episode i can already tell it's going to be those isekai magic action thingy. what i didn't expect is how this show turns out to be addicting as hell. i enjoyed it to the point where i need to read the novel to know whats gonna happen next.
yeah maybe this show is a bit dark but im glad they didn't do something like goblin slayer
Feb 2, 2019 7:48 PM

Oct 2018
This isn’t violent at all? Comparing this to goblin slayer is just dumb. goblin slayer has rape and a lot of blood and this is just about a slimy boi building a city. I could name countless similar anime that are way more disturbing than this.

Feb 2, 2019 11:08 PM

Dec 2016
"killed by a robber" is in the first sentence of the description.

If you were surprised by the violence in this series, I'm sorry to say that you just have no awareness.
Feb 3, 2019 6:27 AM

Feb 2017
iorn said:
Like Jesus Christ I went in expecting a bubbly and cute anime about a guy that gets turned into a slime but I get brutal stabbings, cannibalism,, decapitation, and children being burned to death. I don't mind but I have to ask did anyone expect this anime to be more violent than goblin slayer? Because I sure as hell didn't. Why would an upbeat anime with a whimsical tone vastly overshadow actual dark fantasy anime in terms of how fucked up the world is as a whole. The thing is this anime doesn't really seem like it's trying to be shockingly violent or disturbing it just is. Unlike goblin slayer which seems to go out of its way to be as edgy as possible.

damn right...

so , let's hope for second season🙆🙋🙋🙆🙋
Feb 3, 2019 8:41 AM

Sep 2016
Gilliesss said:
This isn’t violent at all? Comparing this to goblin slayer is just dumb. goblin slayer has rape and a lot of blood and this is just about a slimy boi building a city. I could name countless similar anime that are way more disturbing than this.

Goblin slayer hs rape and while rape is disturbing to most people it isn't violent and it isn't what makes a show dark....Goblin slayer takes itself deadly seriously despite it's silly concept

Reincarnated as a slime has: is whimsical and lighthearted despite all the fucked up things that happen in it. Half of goblin slayer is killing things that amount to be animals everything that dies in reincarnated as slime is a person which makes it a little more shocking than goblins getting the shit kicked out of them by a giant lizard. From what I've seen goblin slayer doesn't have on-screen graphic cannibalism, decapitation, people exploding into giblets, or child murder.

One of the worst deaths in the anime adaptation of Goblin slayer, Was of that one adventurer getting his arm chopped off while he was being stabbed to death in episode 1.We can compare that to a hord based scene in reincarnated as a slime. But instead of getting stabbed to death secene the nameless character in question gets eaten alive which I feel is a lot fucking worse than being stabbed a 30 or 50 times...
Feb 3, 2019 8:44 AM

Sep 2016
SSL443 said:
"killed by a robber" is in the first sentence of the description.

If you were surprised by the violence in this series, I'm sorry to say that you just have no awareness.

What type of idiot said that was a robber?

What type of robber runs at someone in a croweded city street with a knife stabs them then runs away?

Oh and forgive me I didn't expect littraly puddles of blood in my seemingly light hearted fantasy anime. I thought it would be one of those low level stabs per say where you get a stab wound and nothing else.
Feb 3, 2019 12:16 PM

Jan 2013
iorn said:
What type of robber runs at someone in a croweded city street with a knife stabs them then runs away?

Truck-kun was busy, so crazy guy with knife had to do.

iorn said:
Oh and forgive me I didn't expect littraly puddles of blood in my seemingly light hearted fantasy anime. I thought it would be one of those low level stabs per say where you get a stab wound and nothing else.

Show isn't violent for anime standards. It has significantly less violence and gore than Tokyo Ghoul, Attack on Titan, Terraformars or Berzerk. It's also significantly more light-hearted that any of those.

Of course, there are shows significantly less violent that this one, sure, but probably that's why there is a stabbing in the first place, to set the tone. It happened within a first minute or so, it's not like show changed tone drastically mid way. Actually, if anything, it's tone changed to be more light hearted than that initial stabbing would make it to be.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Feb 3, 2019 12:59 PM

Sep 2016
beast_regards said:
iorn said:

Truck-kun was busy, so crazy guy with knife had to do.

iorn said:

Show isn't violent for anime standards. It has significantly less violence and gore than Tokyo Ghoul, Attack on Titan, Terraformars or Berzerk. It's also significantly more light-hearted that any of those.

Of course, there are shows significantly less violent that this one, sure, but probably that's why there is a stabbing in the first place, to set the tone. It happened within a first minute or so, it's not like show changed tone drastically mid way. Actually, if anything, it's tone changed to be more light hearted than that initial stabbing would make it to be.

No anime epically light-hearted ones normally aren't this violent. It's not a common occurrence for animes to be this graphic or as graphic as they have been recent. Yes while some animes are notably more violent than others it's not that common that we see gore otherwise Though I wasn't saying that reincarnated as a slime was the most violent anime of all time I'm just saying it's surprisingly violent given its plot line.
Feb 3, 2019 10:42 PM

Oct 2018
iorn said:
Gilliesss said:

Goblin slayer hs rape and while rape is disturbing to most people it isn't violent and it isn't what makes a show dark....Goblin slayer takes itself deadly seriously despite it's silly concept

Reincarnated as a slime has: is whimsical and lighthearted despite all the fucked up things that happen in it. Half of goblin slayer is killing things that amount to be animals everything that dies in reincarnated as slime is a person which makes it a little more shocking than goblins getting the shit kicked out of them by a giant lizard. From what I've seen goblin slayer doesn't have on-screen graphic cannibalism, decapitation, people exploding into giblets, or child murder.

One of the worst deaths in the anime adaptation of Goblin slayer, Was of that one adventurer getting his arm chopped off while he was being stabbed to death in episode 1.We can compare that to a hord based scene in reincarnated as a slime. But instead of getting stabbed to death secene the nameless character in question gets eaten alive which I feel is a lot fucking worse than being stabbed a 30 or 50 times...

First off, rape isn’t violent? And if that isn’t goblin slayer has a whole bunch of blood so your point doesn’t make much sense. Sure slime has some violence but so does every other anime I’ve ever watched with the an action tag. Seriously I could say my hero academia is violent because it mentions murder with your logic.

Feb 3, 2019 11:53 PM

Mar 2015
I expected it to be violent and I enjoy watching the monsters being treated like people for once. Look at goblin slayer gobs and the goblins in here, completely different. I'm tired of monsters being depicted as sword fodder. It's nice to see they can be just as interesting. I enjoyed Goblin Slayer a lot as well (apart from well, the middle of ep 1 which I skipped over), but I REALLY like the different take Slime is taking with monsters.
Feb 3, 2019 11:58 PM

Jan 2018
The difference is that this anime is fantastic, and Goblin Slayer was smoking hot garbage. I dropped that shit after just a couple episodes. But no, honestly I don't think this is even remotely as violent as Goblin Slayer.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Feb 4, 2019 1:00 PM
Mar 2018
You think this is dark? These early arcs are still very light-hearted. If this show ever gets a second season, it will become Overlord v2.0.
Feb 4, 2019 1:24 PM

Jan 2013
iorn said:
No anime epically light-hearted ones normally aren't this violent. It's not a common occurrence for animes to be this graphic or as graphic as they have been recent. Yes while some animes are notably more violent than others it's not that common that we see gore otherwise Though I wasn't saying that reincarnated as a slime was the most violent anime of all time I'm just saying it's surprisingly violent given its plot line.

Actually, anime has always been more violent than it is now, as audience shifted, and genres like moe appear.

Yes, look can be deceiving sometimes, but nevertheless, this show set up the tone in the first episode, hence you shouldn't complain "too violent" after seeing that stabbing as a character introduction in first minute or two.

You would have the point if they everything turned upside down after a few episodes, but first hint in few minutes should be fair.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Feb 7, 2019 2:38 AM

Feb 2014
In terms of violence, this isnt as bad as compared to the anime OVA's of the 90s, like the Devilman films. Blood-C also makes this anime look like Lucky Star.
Feb 8, 2019 5:25 AM

Jan 2019
if you think this is violent you probably also think that SpongeBob and doraemon is also violet lmao

Spoiling stories... is an unforgivable sin in the world. - Leo Baskerville
Feb 10, 2019 6:31 AM
Feb 2019
Well, this is, actually not a light-heart series, all that violence, canibalism, burning things...shows that that world is not a safe one. Millions of people can die just because some f*cking guys want to a play a game. Well, this anime air on 0:00 am, so they must have a reason for that
(If there is any error, sorry for my bad English)
Feb 10, 2019 6:46 AM

Oct 2010
1qa said:
Well, this is, actually not a light-heart series, all that violence, canibalism, burning things...shows that that world is not a safe one. Millions of people can die just because some f*cking guys want to a play a game. Well, this anime air on 0:00 am, so they must have a reason for that

Not very relevant though seeing how another fantasy show with tremendous amounts of violence and on-screen bloodspill such as Endro! airs on 01:00 am xD

Airing slots don't seem to have much to do with violence and graphic content.
Feb 10, 2019 6:53 AM
Feb 2019
jal90 said:
1qa said:

Not very relevant though seeing how another fantasy show with tremendous amounts of violence and on-screen bloodspill such as Endro! airs on 01:00 am xD

Just a personal opinion base on how they normally are, though. They might have they own problem like budget and things. My point is, this series is kind of dark (anyone read the wn or ln would know) so expecting it not having this much violence is quite... umm, unreasonable?
1qaFeb 10, 2019 7:03 AM
Feb 10, 2019 7:00 AM

Oct 2010
1qa said:
jal90 said:

Just a personal opinion base on how they normally are, though. They might have they own problem like budget and things. My point is, this series is kind of dark (anyone read the wn or ln would know) so expecting it not having this much violence is quite unreasonable?

It's because it is a rare mix. It is dark, but it is also light-hearted and well-meaning. It almost turns iyashikei at times.

Like, what the MC is doing is building a peaceful town for all races. And is succeeding at that. The problems that are found are solved and everything ends up well.

The biggest disonance in these terms is the orc arc so far. After focusing so much on their ruthless violence and their cannibalism, Rimuru ends up accepting them as part of the community and now they are just another race that lives in complete harmony with the rest in Rimuru's utopian town.
Feb 10, 2019 7:08 AM
Feb 2019
jal90 said:
The biggest disonance in these terms is the orc arc so far. After focusing so much on their ruthless violence and their cannibalism, Rimuru ends up accepting them as part of the community and now they are just another race that lives in complete harmony with the rest in Rimuru's utopian town.

Agree. But the Orc tribe are put under the dominance of Orc Lord's starving one, so that's somewhat acceptable as he promise he would comsume their sins. The anime does not show it, but actually Rimuru had a hard fight, only when he promise that did the Orc Lord finally give up
Feb 11, 2019 1:27 PM

Jul 2017
The show would have been better if it was more violent, had better world building, stopped introducing so many one dimensional characters without building them, actually followed through with it’s build up instead of weaving away the situation with the flick of a finger!

The lighthearted civilisation shit got boring and there’s no stakes, especially after Milim joins.
Feb 11, 2019 2:29 PM

Feb 2017
OG_Gattsu said:
The show would have been better if it was more violent, had better world building, stopped introducing so many one dimensional characters without building them, actually followed through with it’s build up instead of weaving away the situation with the flick of a finger!

The lighthearted civilisation shit got boring and there’s no stakes, especially after Milim joins.

it based on light novel , go read it if u want more fleshed out chars .

we can't really blame anime for not being able to cover every nitty gritty detail , there are too many shit after all .
light novel means lots of words/stuff to cover😂
Feb 11, 2019 2:31 PM
Apr 2016
I didn't find it any way violent or anything, it just interprets isekai in a more realistic manner.
Feb 11, 2019 7:22 PM

Sep 2016
Excuse Me? I don't think we're watching the same anime there...
Feb 11, 2019 11:36 PM
Aug 2018
I thought the demon lord will be violent but easily get bribe by friendship or debt
Feb 13, 2019 10:24 AM

Feb 2014
His PC is drowned in bathtub = now that's violent. I'd like to see what's in there too
Feb 26, 2019 9:53 PM
Jun 2017
iorn said:
Gilliesss said:

Fucking hell, you're some retard. Do you even know what violence is? Rape is not violence?🤯

Why on earth idiots like you have access to the internet...

More topics from this board

» rimuru is the bad guy

Rukasumi - Apr 11

2 by felixsifuri »»
Apr 12, 11:53 AM

» Help my fellow weebs

Lonely_kun - Apr 5

27 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 7, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2019

287 by iggggi »»
Apr 7, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2019

202 by BlueQuartzFibre »»
Apr 3, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2019

275 by Magicmist »»
Apr 3, 6:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.