Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 2, 2019 5:26 PM
Jul 2011
That's my ship right there. Who cares about Asuna.
Feb 2, 2019 5:41 PM

Aug 2016
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
Do physics, strength, and stamina just literally not exist in this world?? They were both hanging from their swords on the side of the wall like it was nothing. Then he proceeds to climb the wall using toothpicks wedged into the cracks, and has to lift a deadweight girl wearing armor all along the way.

Couldve used the "generate metallic element" command to create a spiral staircase attached to the wall. And dont tell me it wasnt possible due to the size; because Eugeo was able to cover an entire floor of the tower with ice.

Their strength is really high remember about object control authority? It's similar to str status and kirito or alice have a high authority and capable to lift and swing their damn heavy sword so lifting up their body is a child's play. And he's not without struggle too, he even implore alice to stab her own sword to because he can't hold on anymore right? Well alice's armor and sword is extremely heavy after all and after she stab her sword kirito lost strength and fell which shows it's not easy carrying two people.

Also what do you mean? Eugeo's technique is the weapon control art of his sword and it's far different than a simple elemental generation art, it's impossible to create a huge and complex thing even alice said what she can do most is changing object shape while she's not capable of changing it's mass or attribute.
whiters99Feb 2, 2019 5:50 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2019 6:27 PM

Jun 2014
whiters99 said:
Their strength is really high remember about object control authority? It's similar to str status and kirito or alice have a high authority and capable to lift and swing their damn heavy sword so lifting up their body is a child's play. .

Pretty sure the mechanics of object control authority are different from physical strength and stamina..
Feb 2, 2019 6:28 PM

Dec 2016
Best episode so far.
Feb 2, 2019 6:54 PM

May 2018
Alice > Asuna

Fight me.
Feb 2, 2019 7:11 PM

Apr 2018
Everytime Alice talks I have Lalatina in my head.
Feb 2, 2019 7:22 PM

Nov 2011
There are lots more banter in the novel, Alice said Kirito's ear is a hole full of insects. XD

Feb 2, 2019 7:24 PM

Aug 2016
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
whiters99 said:
Their strength is really high remember about object control authority? It's similar to str status and kirito or alice have a high authority and capable to lift and swing their damn heavy sword so lifting up their body is a child's play. .

Pretty sure the mechanics of object control authority are different from physical strength and stamina..

That's because anime did not elaborate it much but in the novel it is explained that Object Control Authority is basically STR or something related to physical while System Control Authority is basically INT or something similar
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2019 7:30 PM

Aug 2016
KaiserNazrin said:
There are lots more banter in the novel, Alice said Kirito's ear is a hole full of insects. XD

Pretty sure when Alice ask how he plans to climb and he told her to 'obviously' run over the wall but immediately said he's joking because of her cold eyes. And I also remember that he even tried to pretend that he's falling when Alice being anxious he's climbing the wedge because he wants to tease her but refrain because he's afraid of her lol xD
Feb 2, 2019 8:22 PM

Dec 2013
Alice suddenly became a lot more girly...

Just watching Kirito climb that tower felt exhausting.
Feb 2, 2019 10:04 PM

Jul 2017
Damn that's some bad game design. Boostmeister levels of pixel walking right there.

Kirito's only alive because of bad game design lmao.

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Feb 2, 2019 10:13 PM

May 2015
I want to forget that Asuna ever existed, so I can ship Kirito with Alice. Alice is too good to be just a part of Kirito's harem. Also I would feel bad for Eugeo.
Why does Kirito has chemistry with everyone he encounters? I guess is in his nature to be a fucking player.
Feb 2, 2019 10:21 PM
Aug 2013
zerotwosdarling said:
Everytime Alice talks I have Lalatina in my head.

Yeah, Lalatina always circulating in my head when Alice talks... maybe because they share same voice actress...
~ この 素晴らしい イマダ の 世界 に 神様 の 祝福 を !!! ~
~ Kono Subarashii Imad no Sekai ni Kamisama no Shukufuku wo !!! ~
~ God's Blessing on This Wonderful Imad's World !!! ~
Feb 2, 2019 10:36 PM

Jun 2015
Yet another episode of Kirito-sama saves a helpless girl! i wonder if we will ever see a girl that doesn't need Kirito to saves her from her miseries!
Feb 2, 2019 11:09 PM
Mar 2018
KaiserNazrin said:
Knight Alice is the best Alice and also the best girl.

Inb4 people complain about harem, Alice and Kirito's relationship is different than other girls. You need to finish the arc to understand.

+1. Totally best girl of this season.
Feb 2, 2019 11:20 PM

May 2015
Hanging on a sword on the wall for that long is bound to get their arms tired...unless stamina isn't a problem in this world...

He's gonna repeat that all the way to the 95th floor? We need macros...

So uhh...what happened to the metal spike that he was just standing on?

I was expecting Alice to be a pretty tough girl...but she's showing a bit of Tsundere here. Well after the encounter with the minions, I think her slaying Kirito will be delayed until she gets her answer...

Now Eugeo has to climb the tower solo. Can he do it?
Feb 2, 2019 11:20 PM

Dec 2016
Kirito has 99 strength apparently lol.

I really like Alice’s character shes super cute. Reminds me of Saber a lot. Nice to see her and Kirito getting along and cooperating to climb the tower.

I wonder what kind of magic card Eugeo is going to come up with in order to defeat the strongest knight in the kingdom. Probably something with that eye of his. Theres no way he would win in a fair fight. Gotta reach in the plot device bag
Feb 2, 2019 11:56 PM

Mar 2018
deathbySNU-SNU said:
giorgos1313 said:
Do you think it has good animation like opening?
absolutely NOT. first, all the fights before were shit. Second, the studio and staffs are nothing but idiots. Third, they are no longer in collab with ufotable. And the most important is, THIS IS SAO

So this is what I'm seeing; you're calling all the fights shit without any evidence, you're calling the staff and animators at A1, that actually put effort into drawing all the animation, idiots and and your reason for that is because its sao?

excuse me, wtf?
Feb 3, 2019 12:11 AM

Nov 2011
Pugleh said:
deathbySNU-SNU said:
absolutely NOT. first, all the fights before were shit. Second, the studio and staffs are nothing but idiots. Third, they are no longer in collab with ufotable. And the most important is, THIS IS SAO

So this is what I'm seeing; you're calling all the fights shit without any evidence, you're calling the staff and animators at A1, that actually put effort into drawing all the animation, idiots and and your reason for that is because its sao?

excuse me, wtf?

Ignore the guy, he's a troll who shit on every episode regardless of the content.

Feb 3, 2019 12:45 AM

Feb 2017
More alice is always great <3
&... eugeo is kind of f*cked
Feb 3, 2019 12:57 AM

Jun 2016
Mariothedog said:
Alice is going to be the best tsundere of 2019!
Oh no, trust me they are already bullying Alice because Alice lost the weekly female anime character
Feb 3, 2019 1:05 AM

Jun 2017
Wew, they're really far up in that cathedral, quite a precarious situation that is. Using swords and rods to climb up the cathedral walls. I have so many questions about those gargoyle things up there in the cathedral, but it's gotta wait until the next episode or so.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Feb 3, 2019 1:29 AM
Oct 2012
Tarotist said:
Hanging on a sword on the wall for that long is bound to get their arms tired...unless stamina isn't a problem in this world...

He's gonna repeat that all the way to the 95th floor? We need macros...

So uhh...what happened to the metal spike that he was just standing on?

I was expecting Alice to be a pretty tough girl...but she's showing a bit of Tsundere here. Well after the encounter with the minions, I think her slaying Kirito will be delayed until she gets her answer...

Now Eugeo has to climb the tower solo. Can he do it?

In the novel it is explained that if you only got Stamina to run for 1 hours, you can still run for 5 hours w'o any problem and your strength ill not be effected at all. but once the 1 hour ended, you will star feeing pain and your life will drop little by little but until ur life don't reach zero you can still run at 100% power lol

same with lifting more than you can handle, reduce your life. the heavier it is the more it reduce it.
btw it might seems too long but it wasn't that long when they were out there. it was already near evening and then it got dark. pretty sure a few hours only passed.

About the Metal Spikes, they are Generated items, they got very small durability and life. they disappear after a few min and can't be reused coz they break. the reason they did not pass the old one and use again is this.
and also the reason the old ones disappear and u can't see a long line of metal rode sticking to wall behind them.
Feb 3, 2019 2:06 AM

Mar 2018
KaiserNazrin said:
Pugleh said:

excuse me, wtf?

Ignore the guy, he's a troll who shit on every episode regardless of the content.

Ye, I just checked his posts and realised that. Thanks anyway :)
Feb 3, 2019 3:07 AM
Jan 2018
Characters do unrealistic stuff ... People complain . Are people forgetting he's in a simulation built on the seed
Feb 3, 2019 4:09 AM

Jul 2014
This episode was not good at all, just watching Kirito climb that shit and him literally havng to carry Alice's ass was exhausting.
Not really feeling this adaptation at all, like its either I grew out of SAO (tho I never really liked this show that much before) or the pace is just too damn slow for me to give a fck anymore.
I swear to God I only watch this now cause it comes after Kaguya-sama on BS11.
Feb 3, 2019 4:15 AM

Mar 2016
Hope Alice doesn't join Kirito's harem.

Wish they paid a little bit more attention to physics in the climbing scene. With Kirito's shoes and the round "wedge shape", he would fall to his death quite easily.

Do we know the character whom Eugeo met at the end? The way he was shown looked like we've already seen him.

Why isn't Eugeo looking out the window to see if he can save his Kirito and Alice? Are the windows not usable?
Feb 3, 2019 4:57 AM

Feb 2017
Oh boi, in the end, SAO is still a harem series. all this story only to make new girl join the harem.

i wonder what reaction people give at the end of the series.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Feb 3, 2019 5:33 AM

Apr 2015
Yay proper screentime for Alice and oh my is she a lot cuter than I expected to be as a Integrity Knight and a Tsundere as well. Time to add her to the Harem!

I have to say, that climbing that wall on such thin pins and being able to stand on it, seems utterly ridiculous. I am not so quick to complain, but this just seemed way off.

Back to real life and they are talking about ships... Yeah, I definitely ship Alice with Kirito! I'm sorry Eugeo...

Alice is just way too adorable! Eugeo has also run into someone, another Integrity Knight, in a bath no less.
Feb 3, 2019 8:18 AM
Jul 2018
This episode is more like some sort of characterization for Alice,so i have no complaints.
Feb 3, 2019 8:42 AM

Feb 2014
For some odd reason, this episode seem to have attracted a couple of cancerous trolls to this episode discussion and predictably left their usual BS behind. Typical, really. Ignore them and they'll go elsewhere to troll. =/

Ontopic now and Alice's constant tsundere expressions was really cute and amusing. Kirito really verbally ripped Alice apart during their argument, with him calling her an idiot eight times in one minute that left her fuming. Cute. =3

But they did come to a truce as they were still hanging on the Cathedral wall and Kirito's plan to climb himself and hoisting Alice up the wall must've been really knackering. On top of that, they had to fight gargoyle-like monster from the Dark Territory that surprised Alice. It's now making her question as to why they would be on the wall of the Cathedral in the first place.

As for Eugeo, he's on his own now and he's encountered his next opponent on the 90th floor who, apart from his smirk, looks to be another tough one. I have a feeling that Eugeo's going to have a hard time, but i hope he'll win though. =)
Feb 3, 2019 10:36 AM

Jan 2016
Wait how come Alicization has a score of 7.97? I've heard nothing but praise for it thus far and I agree with it. SAO has always been this show that does somethings right but a lot of things wrong which equals mediocre to bad, but this season has been fantastic.

It's sad that people will just blatantly hate on it because it's name is Sword Art Online. I didn't even like the first 2 seasons and I agreed with people who were criticizing it but this is nonsense
Feb 3, 2019 11:18 AM

Dec 2014
ok wow so they got to talk atleast
Feb 3, 2019 11:25 AM
Feb 2018
FireFistYK said:
Wait how come Alicization has a score of 7.97? I've heard nothing but praise for it thus far and I agree with it. SAO has always been this show that does somethings right but a lot of things wrong which equals mediocre to bad, but this season has been fantastic.

It's sad that people will just blatantly hate on it because it's name is Sword Art Online. I didn't even like the first 2 seasons and I agreed with people who were criticizing it but this is nonsense
Because all the haters are scoring it with 1s it has more 1s than the 2s 3s and 4s just ignore them and enjoy what you enjoy
Feb 3, 2019 11:38 AM
Jul 2014
FuMomo-kun said:
Hope Alice doesn't join Kirito's harem.

Wish they paid a little bit more attention to physics in the climbing scene. With Kirito's shoes and the round "wedge shape", he would fall to his death quite easily.

Do we know the character whom Eugeo met at the end? The way he was shown looked like we've already seen him.

Why isn't Eugeo looking out the window to see if he can save his Kirito and Alice? Are the windows not usable?

The dude Eugeo met at the end was introduced by Cardinal in EP 13. His name is Bercouli Synthesis One. He's the first integrity knight and the knight commander. He was also in Fanatio's flashback and he's the one Alice refered to as "Uncle" in this episode.
Feb 3, 2019 11:41 AM

May 2018
Kirito and Alice lone time, but I kinda think that for Kirito to hoist Alice up when he is standing on a stake simply violates the laws of physics, since in order for him to hoist Alice he should standing on something that is flat, it also means that he has to have a clear line of space behind him to use his center of gravity.
Feb 3, 2019 3:18 PM

Sep 2014
I was not supporting the "all wahman get useless and weak once they meet alpha male kirito" BS in SAO, but here she literally forgets how to climb. Lmao. Alicization is the best part of SAO? Nice joke.

It was cute though, calling her an idiot 8 times, boi thats not Darkness you know?

The whole episode was sweaty palms material though, and great camera angles.

We saw Asuna again, which is a plus. Minister-san was showcasing his Kancolle skills as well.

It seems to get interesting with them so close to floor 100, but I still wonder how they are going to fill the last 2/3rd of the episodes. I was expecting some adventure after they flew out off the tower, still nothing here.

I dont want to sound to critical, I enjoy the show so far, but with everyone hyping it up before, I dont see its value over SAO or GGO so far
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 3, 2019 4:14 PM
Sep 2018
i love the direction the series is taking with season 3 so far this episode was okay it was one needed for some back story and character relations and stuff like that but it felt a bit like filler im facking hyped up for next week tho big eugeo fight incoming and i feel like the episode setted it up pretty good
Feb 3, 2019 4:19 PM
Sep 2018
Comander-07 said:
I was not supporting the "all wahman get useless and weak once they meet alpha male kirito" BS in SAO, but here she literally forgets how to climb. Lmao. Alicization is the best part of SAO? Nice joke.

It was cute though, calling her an idiot 8 times, boi thats not Darkness you know?

We saw Asuna again, which is a plus. Minister-san was showcasing his Kancolle skills as well.

It seems to get interesting with them so close to floor 100, but I still wonder how they are going to fill the last 2/3rd of the episodes. I was expecting some adventure after they flew out off the tower, still nothing here.

I dont want to sound to critical, I enjoy the show so far, but with everyone hyping it up before, I dont see its value over SAO or GGO so far
tbh the biggest improvement with this season in comparison to the other 2 is that everything is really well written with character backgrounds and good setups for future events the other two were mainly"oh he was the bad guy all allong" and stuff like that with little time to really sympathise with characters that died for example the first girl that died and the commander of the first boss both had little to no character building and they kill them off like it was supposed to be a really heartfelt moment. also i think the fact that kirito actually feels pain and isnt this godlike being also really adds to the series being more on edge when something big happens we see him struggle and not just win because of random shit like with heathcliff
Feb 3, 2019 6:29 PM
Oct 2018
Alice is a god tier tsundere :3
Feb 3, 2019 6:55 PM
Feb 2018
RafaelCLP said:
FireFistYK said:

Com'on, 7.97 (aka 8) is pretty high...

But since you asked...

This is the best season so far. But it's still... SAO. "Strong girl appears; strong girl gets in danger; Kirito-sama saves strong girl; strong girl joins Kirito-sama's harem". Same recipe used over and over again, every season must have one of these (Asuna, Sinon, Alice). It took a while in this season, but it seems like it's going to happen again. I thought I'd finally be able to give a SAO season an 8, but it's moving towards a 7 after this episode.
yet strong girl saves kirito and kicks kiritos ass okay we watched a different episode:/
Feb 3, 2019 8:21 PM

Jun 2017
It is funny how people are complaining that Kirito shouldn't be able to balance over the thin stake inside a simulation, but no one complains about the physics of manoeuver gear in attack on titan that takes place in real world in super high speed.
Feb 3, 2019 10:01 PM

Oct 2018
It's nice how they forced rival characters to interact in a dangerous situation, I love episodes like that. That being said, I can't believe for a second that they were not afraid, I mean, the were having casual conversations while hanging from the world's largest tower like it was nothing, and of course, Kirito saves the day with his godly habilities, that was pretty much bullshit. But it was an okay episode overall
Feb 3, 2019 10:28 PM

Feb 2008
Read in some posts above that ufotable was collaborating with A1 on this, but they are no longer? Anyone know when they stopped collaborating?

Had a hunch that ufotable was doing some coloring too, because the first ten episodes looked very well done, and the mature scene also looked like some scene out of Kara no Kyoukai 5.

Anyways, good episode. An episode with Sabe- Alice in all of it is always good. Not too much to say about the episode, it was just enoyable for a harem guy like me. I still miss OP1 and ED1.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Feb 3, 2019 11:49 PM

May 2016
Very entertaining episode. I never knew how strong Kirito was until now... He literally swung Alice 10ft in the air lol. Looks like Eugeo will face his first real challenge. Can’t wait for next weeks episode
Feb 4, 2019 12:03 AM
Jan 2018
zeroj said:
Read in some posts above that ufotable was collaborating with A1 on this, but they are no longer? Anyone know when they stopped collaborating?

Had a hunch that ufotable was doing some coloring too, because the first ten episodes looked very well done, and the mature scene also looked like some scene out of Kara no Kyoukai 5.

Anyways, good episode. An episode with Sabe- Alice in all of it is always good. Not too much to say about the episode, it was just enoyable for a harem guy like me. I still miss OP1 and ED1.

ufotable are only doing in between animation . As are bunch of other studio's it's most likely depends on the episode though
Feb 4, 2019 12:07 AM
Jan 2018
MRNX said:
Comander-07 said:

tbh the biggest improvement with this season in comparison to the other 2 is that everything is really well written with character backgrounds and good setups for future events the other two were mainly"oh he was the bad guy all allong" and stuff like that with little time to really sympathise with characters that died for example the first girl that died and the commander of the first boss both had little to no character building and they kill them off like it was supposed to be a really heartfelt moment. also i think the fact that kirito actually feels pain and isnt this godlike being also really adds to the series being more on edge when something big happens we see him struggle and not just win because of random shit like with heathcliff

Do people still think kirito resurrected himself ... Lol
Feb 4, 2019 12:35 AM
Sep 2018
Mattinator95 said:
MRNX said:

The season isnt 24 episodes this time the season will be 50 so there is still gonna be a lot of story and character development thats gonna happen
Feb 4, 2019 1:33 AM
Jan 2018
MRNX said:
Mattinator95 said:

The season isnt 24 episodes this time the season will be 50 so there is still gonna be a lot of story and character development thats gonna happen

i know that i was generally asking do people actually still think kirito resurrected himself vs heathcliff when he never did
Feb 4, 2019 2:15 AM
Aug 2013
MRNX said:
Mattinator95 said:

More accurately, the Alicization arc will be 4 cour long (commonly 1 cour = 10-14 episodes), so yes there will be more or less 50 episodes. But...
Alicization will be split into 2 seasons (each season = 2 cour), and this season will be 25 episodes. I already made a thread about this Here
So after 25 episodes, we need to wait for the next 2 cour to be airing some times in the future
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.