Forum Settings
Forums
Feb 2, 2019 6:31 AM
Whatever

I often don't even watch 6-8 episodes a day. Sometimes none, sometimes 1-3, sometimes 6-12. But every single day?

panshyuu said:
I’m also wasting all my money on buying mangas sjsjsj 😭😭 so I’m broke like 100% of the time
what do you guys think?

I think, I knew people who wasted more money on cigarettes than me on manga. They waste much money on a long term suicide, I read stories and spend money on my hobby at least.

Feb 2, 2019 6:39 AM

yes a nasty one too,It won't take too long till you start knowing what gomenasai,arigato,chotto matte,sayonara etc. means.

Feb 2, 2019 6:42 AM

unfortunately it is too late for you. the hallmark of addiction is when it starts to interfere with other parts of life negatively, and if you spend so much money that you consider yourself broke, then...

Feb 2, 2019 6:42 AM
Watching anime and reading manga and buying manga doesn’t make you a weeaboo, as long as you don’t denounce your own culture and you are fully aware of Japan and it’s economy (being fully aware of its oppressive economy and society and not assuming that Japan is some kind of utopia) than you are fine. Once you start doing that then maybe you need to take a step back and reevaluate yourself.
Modified by Grandassassin, Feb 2, 2019 6:51 AM

Feb 2, 2019 6:44 AM
S'litist Patrish

No, a weeb is someone who worships Japanese culture as superior to other cultures. What you are becoming is an avid consumer of anime and manga, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Feb 2, 2019 6:45 AM

Honestly, what does it matter? As long as you're taking care of yourself and investing time for your physical and mental health, I think there's nothing wrong with watching 8-9 episodes a day. Being insecure about your hobby only shows how big of a deal you want to maintain a image you're entitled with, and waste time to people that don't even matter.

Feb 2, 2019 6:53 PM

Well, it's only the beginning, do this for 5 years and then you're allowed to call yourself a weeb!

Feb 2, 2019 7:51 PM

Nah, you're not even close.

You could very well become one though.

Just balance your life and hobbies, and don't glorify Japan.

Feb 2, 2019 8:00 PM

watching anime and reading/buying manga a ton isn't something that makes you a weeb, just a huge otaku, i mean i'm the same way there. even having a room full of memorabilia is ok. it's when you start using some japanese words you pick up in every sentence and dressing up like characters all the time, trying to sound 'kawaii', buying fake katana's and being one with the 'i have the power of god and anime on my side' kid etc etc that you become a weeb.

Tell me, what is this bright side of life that you speak of?

Anime List|Manga List|My Art|Letterboxd

Feb 2, 2019 8:07 PM

New comers tend to get so hook so easy and tries to consume animanga as possible. So, I think you're becoming an otaku, not a weeb. Unless your glorifying japan at every part while being distasteful to your own culture/country, then you're weeb.

We eat the mango! ... Or are we?
Join the weirdest club on MAL today!

🐶🌻🐱

Feb 2, 2019 8:26 PM

panshyuu said:
for the past 2-3 months, all I’ve been doing is watching anime/reading manga.......whenever I finish an anime, I start another one right away bcs I can’t get enough of it. when I first got into it I used to watch like 2 episodes per day but now I can watch like 6-8 episodes per day, maybe even more when it’s weekend time, and most of the time I watch it all in a row bcs I’m hooked in the story. I’m also wasting all my money on buying mangas sjsjsj 😭😭 so I’m broke like 100% of the time
what do you guys think? am I becoming a weeb forreal...?

ewwwww a weeb, gross GET AWAY FROM MEE
I don't have a cell phone. I used to but I got frustrated and threw it into the sea.

Feb 2, 2019 8:38 PM
Review Moderator
Sorairo Days

Making a MAL account already makes you one. It's okay OP, self-realization is the first step.

Feb 2, 2019 8:56 PM
Baka

You're an anime fan. At a certain point you might become a weeb or an otaku.

Just don't say you're an otaku on these forums or you'll get ripped to shreds.

Feb 2, 2019 10:13 PM
Kuro_Neko04 said:
panshyuu said:
when I first got into it I used to watch like 2 episodes per day but now I can watch like 6-8 episodes per day, maybe even more when it’s weekend time

6-8 eps per day..? You.. a weeb..?

What is this heathen that im seeing.....6-8 eps per day.....am i a demon king of weeb then? or maybe a...god? this pure soul doesnt even know what being weeb meant to be....this world is crumbling...haa

Feb 2, 2019 10:26 PM

You are addicted to it, maybe go to rehab

Feb 2, 2019 10:37 PM

Definitely not at this point. You're just new to anime from what it looks like so you are introduced to lots of really good anime to be hyped about. I don't consider myself a weeb because I watch casually, on and off. 6-8 episodes a day isn't crazy though, I remember during summer I would binge Hunter x Hunter (2011) and watch 30+ episodes a day.

Feb 2, 2019 11:49 PM

Honestly, having a MAL account makes you a weeb by default, so it's a matter of what makes you a bigger weeb, and, yeah... I've seen worse.

Feb 3, 2019 12:09 AM

I Don't Think So You Are A Weeb Yet.
When I Was In My Anime Prime I Used To Watch 10-20 Eps On School days And 30-40 On Weekends. Ahh, That Dragon Ball And Naruto Times.
Well, Now I Am In My Final Year Of Highschool So I Have Cut Back On Anime A Bit. :)

Feb 3, 2019 12:14 AM

6-8 eps per day. 37 completed. What weeb are you talking about? You are still newbie normie. Try better :)

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 3, 2019 12:28 AM
panshyuu said:
for the past 2-3 months, all I’ve been doing is watching anime/reading manga.......whenever I finish an anime, I start another one right away bcs I can’t get enough of it. when I first got into it I used to watch like 2 episodes per day but now I can watch like 6-8 episodes per day, maybe even more when it’s weekend time, and most of the time I watch it all in a row bcs I’m hooked in the story. I’m also wasting all my money on buying mangas sjsjsj 😭😭 so I’m broke like 100% of the time
your just an otaku who loves watching and reading manga

Feb 3, 2019 12:46 AM
No you're not the only one, I'm still in high school and my annual exams are near yet still I watch anime for 5-6 hours on weekdays and nearly 12-14 hours on weekends. If I continue this I might even fail so you are not in a bad situation than me(that's what I think, but I might be wrong). Don't worry man anime is only bestowed upon the hand of people like us and that's not really a thing to be proud of.

Feb 3, 2019 1:27 AM

I binge manga comics anime and all kinds of shit from hentai to other shit im basically always on something weeby i guess so does that make me a weeb or just someone whos obsessed or just have nothing else to do to kill boredome

Feb 3, 2019 1:31 AM

i mean, it's like that when you get hooked for the first time. it's all downhill from there. so you're at the peak of being a weeb atm

Feb 3, 2019 2:28 AM
Weeb is a social construct, if you feel and act like a weeb you will be a weeb. The cure is to get a better taste in anime.

Feb 3, 2019 4:35 AM

Yep sorry to say it sounds like you're too far gone. The only cure now is to commit sudoku.

Feb 3, 2019 5:32 AM
Lustful King

nah fam, thats normal. you just love anime and manga and thats all.

Feb 3, 2019 7:35 AM

6-8 episodes a day? When i started getting into anime i watched a show a day
REVIVE MECHA

Feb 3, 2019 7:42 AM

Maybe, maybe not, but if your are just enjoy the ride

Feb 3, 2019 9:29 AM

Weebs can watch at least 12 episodes a day, so you're fine.

Feb 3, 2019 11:56 AM

You know you're becoming a Weeb when the first thing you do when you wake up has something to do with anime

Feb 3, 2019 12:44 PM
Irish

if you ever need a break from anime, I'll get one of the IRA lads to train you up
Drogheda

Feb 3, 2019 1:11 PM

panshyuu said:

No, you are not. A weeaboo is a huge insult. It means that you try to be Japanese by using Japanese words, wearing a Kimono, ect. Its a bad thing to be a weeb because its disrespectful to actual Japanese people. Being super obsessed with anime (or anything related to Japan for that matter) is not enough to make you a weeaboo. At this point, you're just an anime otaku! And don't let anyone shame you for being who you are!

Feb 3, 2019 1:22 PM

You became a weeb the moment you started watching anime.

Feb 3, 2019 1:25 PM

Enjoying anime and manga doesn't necessarily make you a weeb. If you go around anime posing and saying phrases like 'kawaii desu ne'.. then you've gone too far in and need to be pulled back to the surface.

Feb 3, 2019 2:35 PM

Quickly OP, help yourself by reading and watching western media to escape from this everlasting purgatory that will eventually consume your soul

Feb 3, 2019 2:43 PM
Yuri Connoisseur

Yes, you're in too deep already, there's no turning back.. However, maybe you can remain as a "closet weeb" if no one irl knows about your degenerate hobby.

Feb 3, 2019 3:46 PM

Soon enough you'll be fucking a Dakimarkura ( anime body pillow). I thought that would never be me but now it is.

Feb 3, 2019 5:00 PM

you can save money reading manga online

focus on how to not lose money, not how to gain money, and you'll stop being broke eventually
one focuses on avoiding loss of HP in combat, not how to gain HP

sounds more like a detrimental addiction to me
also no, you're not being a weeb, daijobu!!
Modified by Yamarajos, Feb 3, 2019 5:03 PM
Signature

Feb 3, 2019 5:27 PM

You said you're broke now? That's not a good sign. Except if you're still a student. Then its fine.

Feb 3, 2019 5:52 PM

You created an MAL account, that already should had raise some red flags ;)

I mean weeb is more associated with people disrespecting the japanese culture, if anything you could label yourself as an otaku. But yeah semantics aside welcome to the "broken because of animu" club.

✧A Believing Heart Is Your Magic✧

Feb 3, 2019 8:55 PM

If you have to ask, then no; you're probably good for now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 3, 2019 9:34 PM

I always believed that a Weeaboo was somebody who was obsessed with Japan to the point of delusional glorification of both the country's culture as well as its media, not just somebody with an obsessive disposition towards anime/manga.

However, constantly finding yourself broke because you spend so much of your money on your hobbies is not something I'd consider to be healthy spending habits, and I would encourage you to try to perform some self-introspection as to why this is an issue for you. I risk sounding arrogant by saying that, however, and I apologize if I come off as such.

Feb 3, 2019 11:09 PM

..Those are rookie numbers, kiddo.

Feb 4, 2019 2:10 AM

Nope, for now you're just an 'anime fan.' Just beware of these signs of weebness:
-Un-ironically having a waifu
-Buying more than 2 figmas/nendos and prominently displaying them
-Peppering in random Japanese words into your English in front of people

Feb 4, 2019 10:08 AM
Listen to AJJ
OP is so damn attention seeking it's not even funny.

Feb 4, 2019 10:37 AM

yall still replying to this click bait topic? 😕

Feb 4, 2019 11:17 AM

enjoying a story or spendig your money on japanese comic books doesn't make you a weeb

Feb 5, 2019 3:41 PM

you were a weeb the moment you started watching anime

Feb 5, 2019 3:49 PM

I feel like I'm going through this too, especially ever since I've decided to watch more seasonal shows. Though, this does not make you a weeb, unless you become a mortal being who loves to say the usual weeb words like kawaii, senpai, or any other Japanese word in between your sentence that is instantly classified as S-class weeb talk.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]