Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 1, 2019 11:56 AM

Dec 2018
for the past 2-3 months, all I’ve been doing is watching anime/reading manga.......whenever I finish an anime, I start another one right away bcs I can’t get enough of it. when I first got into it I used to watch like 2 episodes per day but now I can watch like 6-8 episodes per day, maybe even more when it’s weekend time, and most of the time I watch it all in a row bcs I’m hooked in the story. I’m also wasting all my money on buying mangas sjsjsj 😭😭 so I’m broke like 100% of the time
what do you guys think? am I becoming a weeb forreal...?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 1, 2019 12:04 PM

Aug 2017
You're not becoming a weeb, you've always been
Feb 1, 2019 12:07 PM

Sep 2017
No but sadly these are the early symptoms of what you might become
Are we really gonna make it..?
Feb 1, 2019 12:25 PM

Dec 2015
Watching anime and reading manga is okey I think. But just don't go around in school or work and say things like "This is so kawaii" etc... ^^
Feb 1, 2019 12:33 PM

Apr 2017
I don't think so. It just means that you are enjoying anime, which isn't equal to being a weeb. Although it could potentially lead to it, obviously. But on its own it's insufficient to earn you that label. I used to watch that much anime too for a long time, and sometimes I still do when I'm in a period when I'm very interested in anime, and I have the time. And I'm not a weeb by far, imo.
MrZawaFeb 1, 2019 12:37 PM

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Feb 1, 2019 12:33 PM
Nov 2018
You still can't call yourself a weeb unless you have a 100th fap to ecchi / hentai achievement.

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Feb 1, 2019 12:34 PM

May 2017
Nope...
you are just a boy who loves to watch anime in your free time.

"というわけで。待望の、体 操 服! でっあ~る。祭りであれば、余も着飾ってはいられぬと用意したが……うむ! 心身ともに軽くなったようだ。どうだ? 似合っているであろう、マスター?" - Random Quote From Internet by Saber Nero

Feb 1, 2019 12:36 PM
Dec 2017
Yui_90 said:
Watching anime and reading manga is okay I think. But just don't go around in school or work and say things like "This is so kawaii" etc... ^^

Ha.ha.ha oh shoot..

Well, it just came out subconsciously, nothing I could do in this case.
Feb 1, 2019 12:36 PM

Aug 2018
Nop, being a weeb is being obsessed with the japanesse culture in a disturbing way and without understanding the culture. Enjoying a lot of anime at most would make you an otaku.
Feb 1, 2019 12:37 PM
Dec 2017
panshyuu said:
for the past 2-3 months, all I’ve been doing is watching anime/reading manga.......whenever I finish an anime, I start another one right away bcs I can’t get enough of it. when I first got into it I used to watch like 2 episodes per day but now I can watch like 6-8 episodes per day, maybe even more when it’s weekend time, and most of the time I watch it all in a row bcs I’m hooked in the story. I’m also wasting all my money on buying mangas sjsjsj 😭😭 so I’m broke like 100% of the time

Dont worry, it will burn off after 400 completed entries and watching progress will slowed down due to lack of interest or genuinely ran out of real good anime.
Feb 1, 2019 12:39 PM

Dec 2015
Vysair said:
Yui_90 said:
Watching anime and reading manga is okay I think. But just don't go around in school or work and say things like "This is so kawaii" etc... ^^

Ha.ha.ha oh shoot..

Well, it just came out subconsciously, nothing I could do in this case.

You have nothing to worry about, I remember when I was in high school. All I did was watching anime all day lmao. I think you'll be fine ^^
Oh btw... If you want any anime recomendation you can ask me if you want :D
Feb 1, 2019 12:39 PM

Sep 2015
Not necessarily, but depending on how long this phase will last, you might become a neet.
Feb 1, 2019 12:40 PM

May 2018
No, you're fine. I'm currently on holidays, so I'm doing just the same. I work and attend the university the entire year, in my holidays we have the right to lock ourselves on our rooms and watch animanga all day and night, play VNs and videogames. That's fine to me. Just make sure you sleep, take baths and eat properly, and you'll be fine.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Feb 1, 2019 12:46 PM

Apr 2017
panshyuu said:
when I first got into it I used to watch like 2 episodes per day but now I can watch like 6-8 episodes per day, maybe even more when it’s weekend time

6-8 eps per day..? You.. a weeb..?

Feb 1, 2019 12:50 PM

Apr 2017
Yasuhiro- said:
You still can't call yourself a weeb unless you have a 100th fap to ecchi / hentai achievement.

Dude wtf am I then? Lv. 9000 Weeb Boss?
Feb 1, 2019 12:52 PM

Oct 2010
Nah, you're just bored of doing other things and anime filled that hole. You're a weeb when you see some kikkoman soy sauce at the supermarket and after reading the cover you say: ahh... where are the subtitles?
Feb 1, 2019 1:05 PM

Aug 2009
I'll have you know I watched over 3000 animus in my lifetime and I'm even nearing 1000 total completed mangos. If you have no life with those number I've descended into the 9th circle my friend.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Feb 1, 2019 1:15 PM

Dec 2015
Alot of ppl is using weeb as a excuse to act as a retard both in real life and on the internet.

I got around 1k+ manga volumes and some figurens in my room, but I will never call my self a weeb. It's a disgusting word and why woud u even want to be called a weeb.

Feb 1, 2019 1:17 PM

Sep 2016

Not yet, you will become one once you start buying moe figurines and waifu bedclothes.

This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Feb 1, 2019 1:21 PM

Jun 2015
When I watch 6 - 8 eps a day, it feels like I haven't watched enough anime. You haven't reached a milestone yet, and you (me too) have a lot left to explore. We're still at the tip of the iceberg and haven't fallen to the depths of the abyss.
Short answer, no
They all feel the same adjust to the pain..like tears in the rain..

Feb 1, 2019 1:22 PM

Nov 2018
pictures of waifu pillows or you're not a weeb
Go to japan and tell me if you can read the subtitles yet
Feb 1, 2019 1:30 PM

Aug 2018
would i be a weeb although i have no merch and have intention of learning japanese. sure i would love to have a lot of merch if i could afford it and had my own place. sure i would love to learn japanese over any other language if i could without trying. sure i really want to go on a trip to japan one day.

and yes i watch anime in most of my spare time.

verdicts?
Feb 1, 2019 1:31 PM

Feb 2018
No you are not becoming a weeb, just watching a lot of anime isn't all it takes.
Feb 1, 2019 2:17 PM

Dec 2018
You're enjoying the genre - that's something positive. Not sure what sort of connotation 'weeb' implies.
Feb 1, 2019 2:40 PM

Jul 2014
panshyuu said:

I tend to think that being a weeb means that a) watching anime is detrimentally affecting your life and interfering with your ability to carry out whatever responsibilities you have and b) you've started perceiving the Japanese culture as a culture that is superior to all others because of the Japanese media you have consumed thus far and, as such, want to become Japanese.

Also, 6-8 episodes per day? I don't think you've achieved the status of weeb, yet. Not that being a weeb is a particularly good thing.
Feb 1, 2019 2:41 PM

Sep 2016
If you have a account on this site then yes you are <o/ XD
Feb 1, 2019 2:43 PM

Apr 2013
Early signs but not fully a weeb yet, to fully become a weeb you must only listen to Anime music, waste your money on figures and anime merch, and also say that Japanese is your fave language and Japan is the main place you want to travel to cause "Anime desu"
Aidoru-OjisanFeb 1, 2019 9:28 PM

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Feb 1, 2019 2:47 PM

Dec 2015
As long as you don't have an unhealthy obsession with Japanese culture and wish you were Japanese you'll be okay.

If you do......then congratulations you'll be taking your body pillows to maid cafe's in no time.

Feb 1, 2019 2:53 PM
Sep 2017
A weeb is a person that try to be japanese, like knowing his culture, eating japanese food, dreassing like japanese, talking japanese. So, no, you just like anime.
Feb 1, 2019 2:57 PM

Jan 2014
u wont be a weeb as long as youre not me
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Feb 1, 2019 6:35 PM

Jun 2015
One. Of. Us.

You're on MAL, you're already a weeb.
Feb 1, 2019 7:13 PM

Oct 2015
The question really is;

Whether you are a weeb or not, judging from your words, you enjoy it, yeah? I think that's all what matters for the time being. Any proceeding problem, ask us again. :hug:

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Feb 1, 2019 7:27 PM
Aug 2016
your a low level weeb, you must watch more to lv up
Feb 1, 2019 9:06 PM

Aug 2015
6-8 episodes a day is enough to qualify as a weeb these days? Fuck no wonder everyone's calling themselves a weeb these days. The bar is set way too low.

Fucking casuals.
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way
Feb 1, 2019 9:09 PM

Feb 2017
Have you check your own status bar on menu? Right above your head, that way you'll figure out how weeb you are
Feb 1, 2019 9:10 PM

May 2013
panshyuu said:

A smart weeb knows how to spend his money wisely.

Feb 1, 2019 9:45 PM

Oct 2014
You're not a weeb until you watch a 2-cour series in a single day. Not that I've done that of course, but you know... for those that have.
Feb 1, 2019 10:06 PM

Jan 2016
6-8 episodes per day? Smh, what a weeb you're.
Feb 1, 2019 10:20 PM

May 2014
panshyuu said:

-All you do is watch anime/read manga
-6 to 8 episodes of anime per day
-spending all your money on manga

Thread should be titled "Fact: I am a full blown weeb"
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
Feb 1, 2019 10:35 PM

Jun 2017
Does it matter? maybe you'll be watching anime all your life. Maybe you'll give it up and take up another hobby. Whether you are a weeb or not, doesn't matter, as long as you enjoy doing what you decide to do.

Feb 1, 2019 10:41 PM
Jul 2017
*In my opinion*

Enjoy watching anime and reading manga on spare times
( just an otaku, you're fine)

Anime and manga is the only thing you do and neglecting every commitment in your life
(you're becoming a neet, you're not fine)

Starting to wear a shirt with your favorite waifu printed on public while carrying your dakimakura
(now that's a weeb )

(Bonus)
For me, buying merchandise, figurines, manga, learning Japanese culture is alright for me as long you don't shove it in someone's ass. Just keep it for yourselves. Excluding dakimakura.

I experience this second-handed from my friend who is a weeb and living in a self-indulged way. Nonetheless, all of this is my opinion only and excuse me for my bad English.
Feb 1, 2019 10:48 PM
May 2016
well nowadays weeb is used for anyone who has watched a single second of anime in their entire life, even if it was like some ghibli movie they unwillingly watched at the age of four, so yes, sadly i must diagnose you with the weeb
Feb 1, 2019 10:51 PM
Sep 2018
6 - 8 episodes such weeb XD LUL LUL LUL LUL LUL
Feb 1, 2019 11:33 PM

Jan 2016
Shiroanon said:
well nowadays weeb is used for anyone who has watched a single second of anime in their entire life, even if it was like some ghibli movie they unwillingly watched at the age of four, so yes, sadly i must diagnose you with the weeb

The original definition of weeb (Someone who obsessed about Japan but end up disrespecting it) lost its power since the memes in 2014/2015 where people call themselves and each other "Fucking Weeb" just for talking about anime and nowadays it's just a colloquialism instead of being straight up offensive when someone call you a weeb just for consuming anime things.

So from the original definition, OP is not actually a weeb. But let's just say that OP is a weeb for now.
ShinsekainoeruFeb 1, 2019 11:41 PM
Feb 1, 2019 11:37 PM

Feb 2010
Idk, do you irrationally glorify japanese culture in all its facets while looking down on everything western?

If not, then you're not a weeb. You're just a new anime fan. Weeb is an insult for people with specific delusions about japanese culture. If you want a nerdy term for anime fan, there's always Otaku. You don't want to be a weeb and you aren't, trust me.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 1, 2019 11:52 PM

Mar 2018
You're just a binge watcher/reader. Not a weeb.
Feb 2, 2019 12:13 AM

Jul 2015
Eww, you watch anime? What a fucking weeb

Feb 2, 2019 1:49 AM

Sep 2017
6-8 episodes? LUL That's nothing.
The part of "I’m also wasting all my money on buying mangas [...] so I’m broke like 100% of the time" probably makes you an otaku.

Feb 2, 2019 1:52 AM

Jan 2019
It doesn't matter, mate, do what you like, but come on...be responsible. Don't spend ALL of your money on one hobby.

Making a life takes coin, mate :)
Feb 2, 2019 6:31 AM
Jul 2018
I often don't even watch 6-8 episodes a day. Sometimes none, sometimes 1-3, sometimes 6-12. But every single day?

panshyuu said:
I’m also wasting all my money on buying mangas sjsjsj 😭😭 so I’m broke like 100% of the time
what do you guys think?

I think, I knew people who wasted more money on cigarettes than me on manga. They waste much money on a long term suicide, I read stories and spend money on my hobby at least.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - 22 minutes ago

7 by TheMechaManiac »»
2 seconds ago

» Can someone help me find this anime's name?

Angelblue1852 - 45 minutes ago

1 by TheGoProGamer »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Yesterday

30 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
3 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men?

Alpha_1_Zero - 7 hours ago

40 by deg »»
6 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9064 by Caplix »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.