Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 2, 2019 8:02 PM

Aug 2017
Fantastic ending for the arc.

So, Aleister wants to kill Hamazura due that he is ruining his plan. Mugino is back and more crazy than ever.

Hype for the 3 protagonists going to Russia!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 6, 2019 9:22 PM

Apr 2014
all i gotta say about this ep is Hamazura is extremely lucky i mean seriously he should have been dead but of course instead of just finishing him off of course he was played with all it would have took was one of those beam shots but lol

glad touma is back next ep
"one step at a time"
May 13, 2019 1:16 AM

Sep 2012
FMmatron said:
Mugino as crazy as ever, maybe even crazier now xD

It's really a shame, this could be so great, but ends up decent at best due to how poorly it's handled.

didn't expect her to go off the rails this much
May 25, 2019 4:03 PM

May 2012
Damn that ending was epic! Really great development and i'm quite looking forwards to see what's next!
Jul 15, 2019 7:32 AM

Jul 2013
Yikes... the only thing Hamazura has going for him is actually getting a girl. I'm bored with this guy already.

And now they're all going to Russia lol

The only thing I liked in this episode is Aiwass.
Mar 10, 2020 2:15 AM
Mar 2012
Funny name assassin has a funny pout after Kinuhata's punch they animated halfway & cutoff the lazy jcstaff way.
Lots of plot reveals, also needed read some excerpts to fully get.
Aleister sees Touma & Accelerator as trivial outliers to his plan, totally ignoring how Touma defended against most magic enemies and #1 killed half the Network.
His fear of Hamazura makes sense in the new Mugino fight lol, maxed out luck stats and he's a more 'tactical' fighter than Touma. kinda apparent Mugino's infatuated with him so she doesn't simply want to kill him. Beautiful ship btw, just bit unfortunate she's the least developed or interesting in Item so far.
Aleister's plan seems quite elaborate, and explained Aiwass. Experiment city aim diffusion was already talked in Railgun 1-2. How it combines Dragon, Fuse Kazakiri, & virused Last Order + Misaka Network is quite something. Sounds like Kazakiri or Aiwass (each got a prism core in their head) needs to die to save Last Order. Aiwass sounds fine for it but Aleister won't let him die.
Apr 11, 2020 4:21 AM

Apr 2019
Now that's what I call being true to your feelings. Good going Hamazura.
Rem is best girl
Sep 30, 2020 2:53 PM

Jun 2017
Wow, Hamazura shot Mugino in the head! (and in the body a few times for good measure) That was honestly extremely badass. As cool as I think her character is, she deserves to die, no doubt about that one.

fullmetalmasify said:
...(and I wonder how it will sound in the dub when they get there).

I'm sure it'll be an embarrassing cringe-fest, probably even more than most.
Sep 30, 2020 3:14 PM

Jun 2017
That kiss was fantastic. In fact, this whole episode was fantastic. There's more character development in this season, for a number of characters, than the entire rest of the series. Lots of interesting stuff addressed, for a non-LN-reader this episode was great.

JiangHaoyi1979 said:
WTF Hamazura is the target, what kind of value does he have?????

Well, he is a level 0 with NO special traits, and he pretty much killed a level 5 Esper outright in combat (even if she "lived" and it was due to her being cocky - she obviously got saved and had to undergo surgery to not be dead. Doesn't change that she was going to kill him and he killed (almost) her.

Then there's the other stuff he's thrown a wrench into this season.

He's basically the antithesis of Touma - and it kinda makes sense. Hamazura has luck on his side - Touma obviously negates his own with his hand. Now they're going to team up in the following episodes - sign me up. This should be pretty fun. Not to mention Accelerator.

This season - I'm actually impressed by it. When I first watched episodes 1 or 2 I wasn't sure exactly what was going on, and I hadn't watched Index for years so I did a re-watch... this is by far the best season (of Index), though I see how it could be confusing for some.
Oct 20, 2020 1:27 PM

Apr 2013
Mugino looked really pathetic losing like that, she went easy on him despite having already lost an eye and an arm to him... horrible writing.
Nov 14, 2020 11:41 AM
May 2020
Well not a bad arc, i understand this arc more than previous one. Also that Accel x Last Order, Hamazura x Takitsubo scene is very wholesome. Pretty nice break from a serious event. Now i can't wait for WW3 arc!
Dec 12, 2020 6:56 AM

Dec 2012
Dat hole.
Stephanie is down, but still looking gorgeous.
Measured Heart.
Kill Shiage?
Aiwass?
Oh shit! Shizuri is alive! Dat eye! Dat arm!
A what?
Fuse Kazakiri?
Right through the stomach.
Shizuri's dead this time?
Dat note.
Shizuri helped them?
Aleister.
Accelerator and Last Order.
OH SHIT! Accelerator going to Russia.
OH SHIT! Dat kiss!
OH SHIT! She said don't ever leave her.
OH SHIT! TOUMAN IS COMING! DAT RIGHT FIST!
Dat ending.

What an episode. Aiwass telling Accelerator to go the magic side. Shiage getting himself some nice oppai for all eternity. Rikou was always best girl of the group and it shows. Touman is coming to SoGeBu all who oppose him.

Also, Shiage really just casually shot the glass then the glass fell on the keyboard inputting a command to turn on the thrusters behind Shizuri then he shut the cockpit. That was smoove.
RobDec 13, 2020 9:56 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 14, 2021 12:48 AM

Jan 2017
If Mugino is now freakish like that, I can't imagine the state Kakine is in

Jun 26, 2021 12:13 AM

Aug 2018
Aleister likes some heroes, hm?.. For being different than him, more brave, dedicated, or something.. Well.. Who knows..
Yeah, boy, that's what we've been waiting for!~ ;P Hamazura got his girl.. ;P I hope both Hamazura and Takitsubo will be alright.. I like them as personalities.. ;P
Nov 19, 2021 7:20 PM

Dec 2013
Seems like a slight overkill to send so many people after a level 0 like Hamazura. Although the man is extremely lucky to have survived as long as he has.

The angel looked a bit disturbing with its glow. It's crazy seeing Accelerator getting destroyed like that.

Mugino looks terrifying with her new design. I can't wait to see her next confrontation with Hamazura.

The final scene with Hamazura and Takitsubo had me smiling. Nice to have some actual relationship development in this series for once.
Jan 31, 2022 3:42 PM

Jun 2017
FragmantLemon said:
If Mugino is now freakish like that, I can't imagine the state Kakine is in

Well, in the end Accelerator just pummeled Kakine because the Anti-skill lady who "adopted" him (...Aiho? if memory serves..) stopped him from shooting him - whereas Hamazura gave Mugino a few lead injections ...to the FACE! and body. I don't think Dark Matter is going to require the surgery that someone who has bullet wounds would... or the "modifications" if you can call this that...

Well, unless I'm forgetting something else happening to him. He's probably not missing half his body parts at least, haha... of course, it wouldn't be a surprise for some of the mad scientists in the city, or corrupt politicians, to do it anyway. Hey, just like real life except with super powers!
Alpha-MethylJan 31, 2022 3:55 PM
Aug 28, 2022 1:43 AM
Mar 2021
lsdfssssssssssss
Sep 4, 2022 12:51 PM
Apr 2017
As always, this show is only really good when accelerator is in it
Nov 21, 2022 3:50 AM

Dec 2020
I don't really get that angel thing but Mugino got what she deserves for playing around. Like of you were serious Hamazura would be dead. But his luck is insane. Everything just works out for him
Jun 4, 2023 2:18 AM

May 2020
I would have preferred Mugino to kill Hamazura right there right then but of course she couldn't, as plot armour around our famed "Level-0" is too fucking out of this world.. I mean how they going to explain SHARDS OF GLASSES DROPPING AT THE EXACT KEYPADS TO INITIATE JET??????? What was that? I didn't watch over hundred episodes to witness something like this lol.

We met DRAGON or whatever the name was, but again their conversation with Accelerator flew over my head. Though we do get everything is Aleister's doing.

I like how we started talking about world war the moment Russia's name came up. Anyways everyone off to Russia now.. not sure why Hamazura though.
Jun 10, 2023 11:14 AM

Nov 2010
I see. Stephanie's revenge was just a sideshow. Her actions lured Hamazura out in the open for elimination.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire for Hamazura. It looks like even after all of that, Mugino is still alive in the end. She's one tenacious bitch. I'm curious if she's going to follow him to Russia.

Hamazura is a better level 0 protagonist when it comes to romance. He's dead set on who he wants. Touma should do the same thing.
DRAGON is Angel Aiwass. Is he a different Angel from the one Fiamma is trying to resurrect?
I'd like to know what Aleister's ultimate goal is. Has he revealed it yet? I already forgot.
Nov 28, 2023 1:58 PM

Nov 2023
Accelerator still uses side arms ehh
Dec 5, 2023 11:58 AM

Jun 2017
My Level 0 boi Hamazura killing it .So proud ( ~ ~ )
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Can you imagine if the Final arc was a 3 part movie Adaptation like the Kizu movies?

BerriesSan - Mar 22

10 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 13, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

354 by bakakisima »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

117 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2019

74 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:46 AM

» I like how mistreated those Anime girls are lol

KhoaVN - Dec 2, 2023

8 by KhoaVN »»
Dec 2, 2023 8:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.