Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 1, 2019 4:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I find it almost kinda funny how Shido is trying to live his school life like normal after the recent events. It sure didn't take long for the girls (well kids now) to show up at his school.

> Papa
Yup, let the misunderstandings begin. At they still retain their personalities lol. Natsumi is such a brat in her kid form. I think she looks great after her makeover. Curious to see what they'll do with Origami next.
Feb 1, 2019 6:41 AM

Jun 2012
No more cringey "Boom" and "Pow", and no more rainbow stuff, that's nice.

And these Loli scenes were too dangerous more than the DEM are plotting...
Feb 1, 2019 6:49 AM

Dec 2017
ah, his loli harem disbanded too fast. but whatever, since he got a new one in his squad. loli getto daze
anyways, that was a pretty stupid resolution of her arc, but what more can you expect from the harem MC. and now Tobiichi is gonna go against him... again?
Feb 1, 2019 7:26 AM

Nov 2008
Natsumi looks so good after a makeover but Yoshino is still better. All the other spirits as lolis was hilarious as all hell.

I also kinda cringed a little when Natsumi turned Ellen into a loli during her fight against Ellen, I knew that was not going to help matters at all.

Feb 1, 2019 7:48 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Hilarious episode!

All the Spirits in their loli forms were a treat to watch and lol @ the papa jokes. Shidou taking off his wig to convince Natsumi though, xD. Good thing Natsumi’s transformation went well though but will Natsumi admit it is the question. Meanwhile, Ellen Mathers and Westcott are up to something for sure. Origami seems to be winded up in their advancements too, things are surely heading for an interesting heated-battle. Looks like the other party, the armless folks thanks to Westcott, have decided to resort to violence and destruction so I’m looking to seeing how that goes.

So far, this Season has been far better than Season 2 and a little better than Season 1 even, to me anyway, so here’s to hoping it keeps this up!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 1, 2019 8:02 AM

Jul 2017
Decent episode. Bit cringey but atleast there was one or two funny scenes in this.

Natsumi looks good after the makeover!
Feb 1, 2019 8:13 AM

Jan 2008
The lolis were amusing but the fight scene, even if short, was plain awful. Leave it to JC to make an battle scene consisting of still shots and dragging objects.
Feb 1, 2019 9:57 AM
Nov 2017
Paul said:
The lolis were amusing but the fight scene, even if short, was plain awful. Leave it to JC to make an battle scene consisting of still shots and dragging objects.

I liked her fake form more bc she looked like an onee-san type but I’m very disappointed that they have spent four full episodes on one spirit and it still wasn’t technically finished by the end of this episode. Also the tobiichi situation should have already been cleared for the most part from the previous seasons bc she knows the spirit that killed her parents. I wish there was a new villain bc these two DEM idiots are boring and just want to use the same trick as last season but just slightly change the target. Idk what I was expecting but as a harem fan this show just adds so much unnecessary drama.
Feb 1, 2019 10:00 AM

Apr 2013
That was quite enjoyable, kinda wish to see more age regressed DAL girls action, they are so adorable, same goes for Natsumi, her true form is super adorable too, i think i'm not a fan of them making her long curly hair shorter, straight and into twintails though.
Smug loli Origami not skipping a chance to call herself Shido's child in her situtation lol
and Shido carrying all of them at once looked pretty great

Natsumi should have run police sirens once she created "Shido's Personal Zoo" too mess him up and give him even more stress.
Shido takes a lot of pride in Shiori at this point lol, also his affected reaction when he got called a pervert was great.
Damn Ellen not showing any mercy as usual, even when she is turned small catching her off guard, as expected. And now she recruited Origami for DEM. Guess Origami is about to receive a power up from DEM, wonder if they make her go through the same procedure like Mana(wish they'd give Mana more screentime), anyway looking forward to Origami and her new CR Unit from the opening
and i'm even more hyped for the next spirit
DelusionalUzumeFeb 1, 2019 1:01 PM
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Feb 1, 2019 10:12 AM
Nov 2015
L-Mo-Reppin said:
Paul said:

I liked her fake form more bc she looked like an onee-san type but I’m very disappointed that they have spent four full episodes on one spirit and it still wasn’t technically finished by the end of this episode. Also the tobiichi situation should have already been cleared for the most part from the previous seasons bc she knows the spirit that killed her parents. I wish there was a new villain bc these two DEM idiots are boring and just want to use the same trick as last season but just slightly change the target. Idk what I was expecting but as a harem fan this show just adds so much unnecessary drama.

Natsumi's arc is twice as long as all the arcs of the Spirits that appeared in the first two seasons. It's in this arc that the difficulty of sealing a Spirit increases so the author has to write more volumes. Tohka and the others only had one volume and now it takes two volumes to finish an arc, in fact, the longest arc in the series is

Also, are you sure you know who killed Origami's parents? Mind telling us?

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenFeb 2, 2019 9:35 AM
Feb 1, 2019 10:17 AM

Jul 2014
You thought it was me, Shiori, but it was me, Shido!

Hilarious episode as always, the lolis part was great and of course Origami was going to take advantage, Chiyogami Itsuka best loli. That personal zoo can be dangerously illegal in many ways...... I would like to see it again with the normal versions of the girls tho ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Not gonna lie, I like more the fake version of Natsumi but as Shido said, her true form also has its charm, besides, it's never bad to have one more loli in the harem.

Looks like something serious's coming... I'm scared for Origami.

L-Mo-Reppin said:
Also the tobiichi situation should have already been cleared for the most part from the previous seasons bc she knows the spirit that killed her parents.

No, we don't know yet. It is true that Efreet caused the fire but there was another spirit behind all that.
SkyLETVFeb 1, 2019 10:46 AM
Feb 1, 2019 10:21 AM

Apr 2014
Sheesh whoever thought someone who followed you to school, and now Natsumi being all bratty as usual. But tried to transform her. XD
Feb 1, 2019 10:26 AM

Jun 2015
Origamis arc gonna be hype,

Meanwhile while Natsumis arc hits the conclusion, I think some people lowkey missed the fact that they plan on dropping 8 satelites out of orbit onto the city. Not sure how science works like that but that will probably be a factor for sure next episode.

DeadlyRavenFeb 2, 2019 9:36 AM
Feb 1, 2019 10:33 AM
Nov 2017
JonasDown said:
L-Mo-Reppin said:

Natsumi's arc is twice as long as all the arcs of the Spirits that appeared in the first two seasons. It's in this arc that the difficulty of sealing a Spirit increases so the author has to write more volumes. Tohka and the others only had one volume and now it takes two volumes to finish an arc, in fact, the longest arc in the series is 4 volumes long which is the latest arc in the novel. The next arc that this season will adapt will be as long as Natsumi's arc.

Remember when the mc and the sister went on there date and origami went after her bc the flame spirit ifrit who took over the sisters body caused the fire who killed her parents. But the mc showed her that there was a shadowy figure controlling her. We don’t know for sure if it was just Ifrit or another spirit, I’m just saying there is no reason for her to attack the mc and his harem again after knowing they had nothing to do with it.
Feb 1, 2019 10:33 AM
Nov 2015
Castawayz said:
I think some people lowkey missed the fact that they plan on dropping 8 satelites out of orbit onto the city. Not sure how science works like that but that will probably be a factor for sure next episode.

Highlight of Natsumi's arc, it's not a spoiler anymore becuase it's mentioned.

L-Mo-Reppin said:
JonasDown said:

Natsumi's arc is twice as long as all the arcs of the Spirits that appeared in the first two seasons. It's in this arc that the difficulty of sealing a Spirit increases so the author has to write more volumes. Tohka and the others only had one volume and now it takes two volumes to finish an arc, in fact, the longest arc in the series is 4 volumes long which is the latest arc in the novel. The next arc that this season will adapt will be as long as Natsumi's arc.

Remember when the mc and the sister went on there date and origami went after her bc the flame spirit ifrit who took over the sisters body caused the fire who killed her parents. But the mc showed her that there was a shadowy figure controlling her. We don’t know for sure if it was just Ifrit or another spirit, I’m just saying there is no reason for her to attack the mc and his harem again after knowing they had nothing to do with it.

That's right, becuase the case remained unsolved (she got nowhere), she was still unsatisfied in the inside but didn't want to cause any more trouble. So when she heard that DEM had information on it from Ellen, her old self came back. Also, you're on the right track about

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenFeb 2, 2019 10:01 AM
Feb 1, 2019 11:04 AM
Jan 2017
Another amazing episode! Natsumi gets some much needed character development and Shido and co. do their best to help her gain some confidence. To be honest, it's surprising to see Shido willing to dress up as Shiori just to help Natsumi. He either has plenty of confidence in his masculinity or he is very dedication to his mission; maybe both.

The action sequence was a major plus for the episode. Working together, the Spirits are able to save Natsumi and escape from Ellen. Seeing Natsumi lose some blood in that fight was shocking as well, but not that much, considering that Date A Live has demonstrated some willingness to show violence and blood. Fortunately, it's nothing that graphic and is able to move the narrative forward, instead of pure shock value.

After Shido and Natsumi, Origami is the most important character in the episode. Westcott has some interest in her, and if the light novels are anything to go by,
I don't read light novels, I must guide myself through the franchise through the anime adaptatioons and plot summaries over the Internet. I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again. Hopefully, Origami's arc will be just as good, if not more so than Natsumi's arc.

Date A Live has consistently proven itself as one of the best shows for this season. Shido and co. are some of my favorite characters of all time and I always look forward to more of their adventures each week. Hopefully, next week's episode will keep up the momentum and deliver another excellent story.

DeadlyRavenFeb 2, 2019 10:13 AM
Feb 1, 2019 11:12 AM

Jul 2014
Good episode for Natsumi's development, but I'm more intrigued by the Origami subplot here. I have to confess that I'm surprised she'd so easily agree to work with Ellen for DEM Industries, but she obviously isn't over her parents' deaths at all, and what happened at the end of season 1 was obviously just delaying that.

Also, yeah, they just kinda casually put in the whole "let's drop 8 satellites on a city thing", didn't they?
Feb 1, 2019 11:13 AM

Feb 2016
The FBI was very close to arresting Shidou this episode. Now, that Natsumi's arc is done. We can get to the Origami arc. I'm not a LN reader. But, I do know that a certain something happens to Origami this arc and I am excited for it.
Feb 1, 2019 11:17 AM
Nov 2015
UtopiaBeyond said:
The FBI was very close to arresting Shidou this episode. Now, that Natsumi's arc is done. We can get to the Origami arc. I'm not a LN reader. But, I do know that a certain something happens to Origami this arc and I am excited for it.

Natsumi's arc isn't done yet. Consider an arc finished in DAL when Shidou seals the Spirit Ratatoskr is after, once that is done, then the arc is finished.
Feb 1, 2019 11:32 AM
Jan 2018
JonasDown said:
L-Mo-Reppin said:

If u have read through LN why are you asking if they know who killed origami's parents
Feb 1, 2019 11:35 AM
Jan 2018
Paul said:

Not sure about that this episode was outsourced to engi and Tama so not sure what JC was supposed to be doing.
Feb 1, 2019 11:42 AM
Nov 2015
Mattinator95 said:
JonasDown said:

If u have read through LN why are you asking if they know who killed origami's parents

Becuase he doesn't know who the killer is. He just had an assumption which made him believe Origami had no further motivation to be an avenger. I just asked him becuase I knew he didn't know the answer, not that I'm bragging about this or anything, it's just that I wanted to tell him he was wrong on that part.
Feb 1, 2019 11:48 AM
Jan 2018
JonasDown said:
Mattinator95 said:

Becuase he doesn't know who the killer is. He just had an assumption which made him believe Origami had no further motivation to be an avenger. I just asked him becuase I knew he didn't know the answer, not that I'm bragging about this or anything, it's just that I wanted to tell him he was wrong on that part.
JonasDown said:
Mattinator95 said:

Ahhh had a feeling that was it
Feb 1, 2019 12:11 PM

Jul 2012
Thought that was okay. Don't know if it was really rushed or not, but felt like it. How they rushed to help Natsumi just seemed came out of nowhere and her mood change also rather strange. Origami agreeing instantly also looks not right unless it's something like her plan. While i really liked 2 previous episodes this one felt in completely different pacing. Some jokes feel so outdated, might've been better to change/"upgrade" a bit.
allenjkeFeb 1, 2019 12:15 PM
Feb 1, 2019 12:31 PM

Dec 2016
There is never a dull moment at school.

Natsumi doesn't know how dangerous Wescott & Ellen actually are, no wonder she was rattled by her power.

They may be children but they are still spirit and have the power to fight.

Hopefully Natsumi feels a little better and will start to like everyone after that treament.

I am very interested to know why they want Origami on their side, guess I will just have to wait for the future episode to learn more.
Feb 1, 2019 12:43 PM

Jan 2013
and i thought Miku in her arc was annoying. latter half of the episode was funny tho. still missing Kurumi tho
Feb 1, 2019 12:57 PM

May 2018
Oh so Natsumi has an inferiority complex cu'z of what she truly looks like, a loli....So Origami is now with Dem Industries, so does that make her Shidou's enemy now????
Feb 1, 2019 1:22 PM

Sep 2018
Natsumi looks better with her long hair, why did they have to cut it down and also why doesn't she have confidence i herself, she's cute in her loli form
Feb 1, 2019 2:17 PM

Apr 2015
Loli's, Loli's everywhere!

I have to say they were really adorable, but glad to see everyone back to what they are meant to be like.

Natsumi is actually quite adorable in her true form, but the transformation was quite nice.

So Origami is going to pose a threat now to Shido and his spirit harem!
Feb 1, 2019 3:32 PM

Jun 2017
Dem loli harem is gone, it was amazing until it lasted. I think Natsumi's real form looks adorable as well, she should be more confident as it was pointed out.

I knew Origami's case wasn't really solved in the previous seasons but the way she jumped from "I won't work for an organization that brings danger to Shido" to "k." was pretty absurd lol.
Feb 1, 2019 3:33 PM
Aug 2018
These 4 ep have been so slow lol
Feb 1, 2019 3:36 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I loled hard when I saw all them lolies trapped in a cage, in bunny suits, and a sign saying Shido personal zoo!

CeddyyBearr said:
Loli's, Loli's everywhere!

I have to say they were really adorable, but glad to see everyone back to what they are meant to be like.

Natsumi is actually quite adorable in her true form, but the transformation was quite nice.

So Origami is going to pose a threat now to Shido and his spirit harem!

Origami will be the focus of the last 6 episodes, and this is just the prologue for the ride that them will be.

The LN neither lost too much time on that either, but there were a few more details and funny scenes there.

Natsumi is much cute in the LN though, the studios could have improved her art design a bit more, but whatever, still she
Hoppy said:
Natsumi looks so good after a makeover but Yoshino is still better. All the other spirits as lolis was hilarious as all hell.

she is still more cute than Yoshino!

Later volumes really consolidate her charm also, the way she tries her hardest is so adorable~~
Feb 1, 2019 4:16 PM
Jan 2019
So how many episodes should we expect for the origami arc in average? I'm still surprised that we are going to see one more girl
as the opening showed us
Feb 1, 2019 4:26 PM

Apr 2018
Yandere-Dragon said:
After the loss of my feelings for the series on season 2, it feels like Date A Live has finally regained its original charm that made me enjoy season 1 so much. I'm so glad.
I actually liked season 1&2, but dislike this season so far.

Is it just me or someone else prefers natsumis adult form over the loli too. Like don't get me wrong as a loli she is super cute and all, but damn she's hot af in the other one.

DeadlyRavenFeb 2, 2019 10:18 AM
Feb 1, 2019 6:43 PM

Oct 2012
Needs more loli Tooka
Feb 1, 2019 8:35 PM

Sep 2010
zerotwosdarling said:
Is it just me or someone else prefers natsumis adult form over the loli too. Like don't get me wrong as a loli she is super cute and all, but damn she's hot af in the other one.
It's not just you. I also thought her hair was better before they cut, braided, curled and tied it. I think hair looks better when it's left to flow.

MomoSinX said:
Dem loli harem is gone, it was amazing until it lasted. I think Natsumi's real form looks adorable as well, she should be more confident as it was pointed out.

I knew Origami's case wasn't really solved in the previous seasons but the way she jumped from "I won't work for an organization that brings danger to Shido" to "k." was pretty absurd lol.
I thought the "personal zoo" was a good way to end that mini-arc. xD

As for Origami accepting Ellen's offer... it makes sense. It's an opportunity to find out if there's any truth to Shido's claim that while Kotori caused the fire, someone else killed Origami's parents. She doesn't like DEM for attempting to capture Shido in the battle over Tenguu square, but the opportunity Ellen is offering is too valuable for Origami to turn down.
I guess Origami's CR unit/wiring suit in the opening being the same style as Ellen's makes sense now.
TakataFeb 2, 2019 1:50 AM
Feb 1, 2019 8:54 PM
Feb 2019
well we all know were already gonna go to jail for this episode

i really want to see

DeadlyRavenFeb 2, 2019 10:19 AM
Feb 2, 2019 2:08 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
My nether regions enjoyed this episode
Feb 2, 2019 4:31 AM

May 2018
lol Shiori revealing that "he's a man!" and Natsumis reaction hahahaha
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Feb 2, 2019 6:18 AM

Jun 2016
It turned into Date A Loli... XD
Feb 2, 2019 7:17 AM

Sep 2016
Holy shit, this might be the first unironically great arc in DAL. The author and the animation studio really took their time with Natsumi and made her feel more of a threat than the previous "girls of the week", which is super nice.
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Feb 2, 2019 10:25 AM

May 2009
Thread Cleaned
Please try to keep the discussion around the episode.
Be sure to use spoiler tags if you mention future episodes or the source material.
Feb 2, 2019 5:54 PM

Aug 2014
anyone knows the name of the OST at the end when elen was talking on the phone?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Feb 2, 2019 6:49 PM

Jul 2017
It's loli Natsumi makeover time! ^^ She's really cute in loli mode, but her grown-up mode is sexier, still, i like both.

And in the ending parts, we also got a glimpse of the possible introduction of Origami Arc, a sign that it's getting close, really looking forward to that one for sure.
Feb 2, 2019 11:05 PM

Feb 2014
Origami never skips a tease~
Now she's scouted by the bad guys?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 3, 2019 2:54 AM

Jun 2017
Natsumi makeover in this episode, and Origmai joining hands with DEM, I'm curious on what happens next.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Feb 3, 2019 4:36 AM

Sep 2010
Mezo-RPWPA said:
anyone knows the name of the OST at the end when elen was talking on the phone?
"Identical Winds", from the season 2 OST.

I really thought Natsumi would react better to Shiori's reveal. Perhaps Shido got the punchline wrong. xD

Yandere-Dragon said:
zerotwosdarling said:
I actually liked season 1&2, but dislike this season so far.

In fairness, I watched season 2 when it aired (not sure when you watched), the tv air had some content cuts.
Pretty sure the BDs for season 2 have more than an episode's worth of extra runtime added in various places.
Feb 3, 2019 7:59 AM
Nov 2017
JonasDown said:
Castawayz said:
I think some people lowkey missed the fact that they plan on dropping 8 satelites out of orbit onto the city. Not sure how science works like that but that will probably be a factor for sure next episode.

Highlight of Natsumi's arc, it's not a spoiler anymore becuase it's mentioned.

L-Mo-Reppin said:

That's right, becuase the case remained unsolved (she got nowhere), she was still unsatisfied in the inside but didn't want to cause any more trouble. So when she heard that DEM had information on it from Ellen, her old self came back. Also, you're on the right track about

I bet but I’m tired of DEM and it’s not like this show will make a lot more seasons so I wish they would go ahead and show what the mc really is and get to the end of that at least and stop adding in all the extra unneeded drama. I also wish he had a little more balls to do something with his harem and stop acting like he doesn’t notice.
Feb 3, 2019 8:36 AM

May 2015
Loli Zoo is best zoo!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

118 by -DxP- »»
Apr 6, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

136 by -DxP- »»
Apr 3, 1:27 PM

» who

Remoerus - Oct 29, 2021

16 by Youre_boyIruma »»
Feb 28, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

166 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 8:04 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2019

77 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 8:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.