Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 3, 2019 3:17 PM
Jul 2018
papsoshea said:
Watching Boogiepop is like watching paint dry in some moments, STILL, 6 episodes in and I couldn't give a damn about any character.

Same. I have no idea why I keep coming back each week. I don't hate it but eh..
Feb 3, 2019 3:30 PM

Dec 2018
Kyuu-oppa said:
anymoore said:
Poor Anou kun, it's sad that he doesn’t know the real reason he was crying foršŸ˜£(though his subconscious knows that something is missing), i thought Boogiepop recovered his memories but why the one about his crush didn't come yet?
Asukai jin released Anou from Spooky E's control, not Boogiepop. Even boogiepop was surprised that he remembered the letter. I suspect Anou was only able to be released from control... not recovering his memory. That's why he still somehow ends up at Shinyou Academy and feels something (his love for Masaki) is missing

I have to rewatch to remember that
Feb 6, 2019 3:29 AM

May 2009
The quality kinda dropped this week, it felt so slow and it had lots of lazy animating here and there. Hope it gets better next week, first 5 episodes were beautiful
Feb 6, 2019 8:32 AM
Jan 2018
this is Vol 2 right
Feb 6, 2019 9:39 AM

Feb 2017
in this case i rather rewatch both season of umaru

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Feb 6, 2019 2:54 PM

Apr 2009
FuMomo-kun said:

I wanted to see more scenes with Anou. I feel bad for him. Well, his crush's older sister goes to the same school. If he becomes friends with her, he might get a chance to meet his crush.

Pretty sure Anou is pretty much gone, he got a lobotomy and he can't even understand what has been done to him. If we go by the Imaginator dude's words, he cant' recover.

Alex82829290 said:
shiro_kai said:
Orihata mission is to have sex with as many as possible guys? The author must be a huge fan of the Hentai plots.
her mission isn't that. *SPOILER*

This is not how you use spoilers, genius.

Feb 9, 2019 3:34 AM

Jan 2019
One thing I have to give to this anime:
The OST and the voice actors are always on point!
I'm kinda losing myself a little on the plot, but hey I'm also a little dull when it comes to stories with a lot of characters.
Feb 9, 2019 4:49 AM
Jul 2007
That whole spiel about "Versus Imaginator" made my brain hurt trying to process what she was trying to say. I could only guess she is referring to how people follow the rules or try to fit a certain mold, but they don't even realize they're just following a system that pre-determined their behavior. When they become self-aware and try to free themselves to find their true purpose, that gives life value. But by doing this, they are fighting against the imaginator. Confusing as heck. They show the Imaginator guy during her speech. I think that Imaginator guy is just making people happy by disconnecting them completely from that "thing" that tells them what they have to be in life, so it essentially nulls the value out of their life and makes it pointless. So Orihata is trying to commit suicide, and Suema sees she needs to start thinking for herself and find something to fight for because to not struggle and fight for anything = suicide. And at the end, Orihata wonders if she should fight Boogiepop, so of course Suema says yeah to that because it gives her a new purpose in life to live for.
eraltergFeb 9, 2019 5:07 AM
Feb 9, 2019 5:17 AM

Mar 2009
shiro_kai said:
Orihata mission is to have sex with as many as possible guys? The author must be a huge fan of the Hentai plots.

Sounds like a typical light novel plot to me, and since Boogiepop started it all... :P
Feb 9, 2019 5:42 AM

Sep 2015
Mormegil said:
shiro_kai said:

Sounds like a typical light novel plot to me, and since Boogiepop started it all... :P

Boogiepop, the mother of all hentais.
Feb 10, 2019 11:02 PM

Jul 2008
Oh dear.....this isn't going to end well for Orihata is it?
Feb 13, 2019 11:18 AM

Dec 2016
I just don't care anymore lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 14, 2019 1:49 AM

Jan 2015
I thought sensei would rape them. xD
Feb 15, 2019 12:30 PM

Nov 2018
I like Suema n the student council president so ye, another enjoyable episode.
Feb 16, 2019 4:55 AM

Nov 2014
Finally suffered through another episode.
I don't mind multiple main characters, but can they make it less confusing by actually telling the story in one go and not jump around? Sure, there're other animes that do this, like Durarara and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, but those two have an interesting cast that keeps the watcher entertained even when they're confused. While for Boogiepop, the only interesting character (at least to me) is Boogiepop (and mayyybe the teacher).
Mar 2, 2019 9:36 PM

Feb 2015
Spooky E was talking with Orihata about her missions (menacingly), Masaki arrived and attacked Spooky E, Masaki got knocked out. Orihata suggested Masaki to be Boogiepop. At the school, Miyashita and Suema were studying, when a girl named Kinukawa arrived, she wants to ask Suema for help cause her cousin Asukai is behaving strangely lately. Later Suema sneaked into Asukai's office, he arrived with two girls and Suema witnessed his powers (not completely understanding). At the entrance, Suema and Miyashita were together, but Miyashita left due to Niitoki's presence, Anou appeared, talked with Niitoki and started to cry. Suema went to the school's rooftop and she encountered Orihata, they started talking about suicide and Orihata's feelings.

Lot of character's interactions happened. And somehow, Suema became this episode's protagonist, maybe she's gonna be a key character to solve this. Imaginator didn't appear this episode.
Atlas77Mar 8, 2019 12:56 PM
Mar 6, 2019 10:28 PM

Jul 2012
yup. i dont understand this anime anymore especially the last convo between glasses girl and weird girl. i dont get it.
Mar 13, 2019 2:21 PM

Aug 2017
A three-way battle? Interesting. Towa Organization vs Boogiepop vs Imaginator w/Jin. They are using Orihata to try and find Boogiepop....Indeed, I think that they created Manticore.

Also, there's a lot of dialogue in this episode. Nice.

Next.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 11, 2019 5:05 PM

Sep 2016
What happened to this episode's animation.
I mean, it has never been good from the start, but this episode makes me feel like I'm watching another Overlord.
Jun 15, 2020 11:19 AM

May 2020
I wanna see this big guy organization collapse. He is took the kids who had no fault to be his puppets. Wanna see BoogiePop fight against it
Jan 9, 2023 1:15 PM
May 2018
nicde epo7swsdee
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

104 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

45 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2019

32 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

43 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 4:51 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2019

42 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 2:14 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.