Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 1, 2019 4:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Third part of the Imaginator Arc.

It kinda felt like a closure with Orihata understanding much more about humans. I mean, this applied more to just coming into contact with Masaki, much more. In the meantime, she demonstrated a lot of human behavior with her own personality and conversations.
Feb 1, 2019 6:28 AM

Dec 2017
so Orihata is trying to lure out real Boogiepop, eh? also she's really improving as a character, now she cares for the guy and even develops some self-hatred, interesting

btw, what happened in Jin's office? the girls were changed for good or nah? this whole flower buds deal is kinda strange in understanding and if he is a bad guy or not, he changes people's hearts, yet the guy that went for the orientation didn't seem that happy. or was he unaffected by Jin?
uninstallthegameFeb 1, 2019 6:32 AM
Feb 1, 2019 6:46 AM

Sep 2015
Orihata mission is to have sex with as many as possible guys? The author must be a huge fan of the Hentai plots.
Feb 1, 2019 6:47 AM

Jul 2017
Another really great episode. That was really interesting, especially the conversations in the second half.
Feb 1, 2019 7:15 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
And the mystery thickens, it feels as though we’re appraoching the climax of this arc, maybe in a couple of episodes or so I reckon, and what a glorious set up for it!

Suema, the aspiring detective, took most of the screen time this episode but we got a lot more progression of the arc in a different light to which I have no issues whatsoever. Boogiepop’s short screentime was really cool for some reason, maybe it’s just the voice suddenly resonating that got me ecstatic xD. Masaki v the inhuman from Towa Organisation, or whatever it was, was fun to watch but it really lacked some solid action choreography, although I realise this show is not one that focuses too much on the action. I wonder what exactly Orihata’s role is though, is it to find clues regarding Boogiepop? If so, it wouldn’t add up to last week’s episode since the inhuman from the Organisation would’ve surely acted differently imo. On another note, we got to see more Jin-niisan this episode and what on Earth is he up to? Suema mentioned something about ‘Versus Imaginator’ so I’m wondering if that's got something to do here.

Whatever the case, I’m looking forward to seeing the next episode!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 1, 2019 7:35 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode again.

I feel bad for Orihata being controlled by the organization and Spooky E. Looks like she really does like Masaki.

Suema had a lot of focus this episode and she found out about Jin's secret. What exactly is Jin doing? It seems as though he's changing people and he's not doing it forcefully. What's his deal and what are his motives?
Does Suema know that Touko is Boogiepop?

Looking forward to the next episode, everything should fall into place soon.
Feb 1, 2019 7:42 AM
Mar 2018
Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode again.

I feel bad for Orihata being controlled by the organization and Spooky E. Looks like she really does like Masaki.

Suema had a lot of focus this episode and she found out about Jin's secret. What exactly is Jin doing? It seems as though he's changing people and he's not doing it forcefully. What's his deal and what are his motives?

it was pretty clear that suema doesn't know who touka really is, instead the council president knows about her true identity
Feb 1, 2019 7:44 AM

Dec 2014
Alex82829290 said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode again.

it was pretty clear that suema doesn't know who touka really is, instead the council president knows about her true identity

Yeah, that is what it seemed like but when the president said she knew Touka's real identity, Suema seemed shocked in a way that kinda made me think she might know.
Feb 1, 2019 7:45 AM
Mar 2018
shiro_kai said:
Orihata mission is to have sex with as many as possible guys? The author must be a huge fan of the Hentai plots.
her mission isn't that. *SPOILER*

Since she is a synthetic human her mission is to find out if synthetic humans can reproduce with real humans.
Alex82829290Feb 1, 2019 7:48 AM
Feb 1, 2019 7:46 AM

Jan 2019
uninstallthegame said:
so Orihata is trying to lure out real Boogiepop, eh? also she's really improving as a character, now she cares for the guy and even develops some self-hatred, interesting

btw, what happened in Jin's office? the girls were changed for good or nah? this whole flower buds deal is kinda strange in understanding and if he is a bad guy or not, he changes people's hearts, yet the guy that went for the orientation didn't seem that happy. or was he unaffected by Jin?

I think Jin just managed to free Anou from Spooky E's mind control, but maybe not all his memories came back to him yet. So his tears in this episode reflect the feelings he has for Masaki that he can't quite remember yet, although very important to him. Not unlike those tears from the previous episode that signals he was trapped, robbed from his free will by the mind control.

I hope Anou gets to confess his feelings at the end of the arc. Poor kids, getting caught in the crossfire between Towa Organization and Boogiepop (apparently)
Feb 1, 2019 8:05 AM

Sep 2015
Alex82829290 said:
shiro_kai said:

Since she is a synthetic human her mission is to find out if synthetic humans can reproduce with real humans.

And they can't, also, do that artificially? They control miracle tecnology but don't know about artificial insemination? If this story doesn't happen before 1700, her mission seems pretty pointless. She doesn't have to fuck anyone to they test that hypothesis.
shiro_kaiFeb 1, 2019 2:15 PM
Feb 1, 2019 9:27 AM

Mar 2016
This episode was confusing. I was having a hard time connecting it to the previous ones. I couldn't properly tell what took place when. After finishing this anime, I think I should rewatch it from the first episode to understand everything better.

I wanted to see more scenes with Anou. I feel bad for him. Well, his crush's older sister goes to the same school. If he becomes friends with her, he might get a chance to meet his crush.

Boogiepop also doesn't have a lot of scenes, even though he's the character from the title.

Nagi's brother is also really good at fighting. It had been mentioned before, but I didn't think he'd be strong enough to fight one of the antagonists. Is the whole family filled with extremely skilled people?
Feb 1, 2019 10:46 AM
Jul 2018
Send help.
So in this Towa vs Boogiepop conflict, what's the teacher's role? He's working with the Imaginator right? Are they a third party? I seriously need a rewatch.
I like how they focus on other characters, but gimme more Boogiepop scenes.
Feb 1, 2019 11:01 AM

Sep 2016
Spooky E is one ugly mofo, jeez
Feb 1, 2019 11:13 AM

Apr 2008
So far it seems like the "Imaginator" has the power to make the people feel fulfilled... Jin sees the roses in people hearts. All of the rose are incomplete. That is because we as humans always feel that something is missing, that we have to find our purpose in life. That struggle is what makes us human. That is what Suema seems to believe. After all, if a human is complete, if they are completely fulfilled, than what is their life? It's a paradox we have to deal with all of our lives. She also said that the author of the painting must hate her. That is because their points of view are complete opposites. Jin is now making the roses complete, but the girls seem to be weird now. That seems to be because to be human is to fight the emptiness in our hearts and they don't have to do it anymore...

On the other hand, I reaaaaally dislike all the "Towa Organization" plotline so far, just like I didn't enjoy the alien plotline in the first arc. The sci-fi part just don't work for me. I'd enjoy this more if it was more psychological and less sci-fi... Still, I'm hoping the disgusting artificial human guy will die a gruesome death.

Feb 1, 2019 12:50 PM
Apr 2016
I really like how deep this goes with psychology, really fascinating and interesting! Great episode.
Feb 1, 2019 12:52 PM

May 2018
So who are those MPLS thing that girl is talking about?
Feb 1, 2019 1:13 PM

Sep 2011
So that organization is using Orihata to try and find Boogiepop, and they are getting close. I liked the focus on Suema, she is a cool character; and I liked how she told Orihata that dying is useless, though I don't know if it was the best thing to say to someone who was about to jump, but it worked? And I also liked how she said that Orihata "can" die after fighting. It's going to be a pity if she really ends up fighting against Boogiepop. She really doesn't seem to be bad, just a chained down pawn or something.

I also got worried about Masaki, thinking that he was going to be "zombified" like Anou was, but it seems that creep just erased his memory about him, and now he seems willing to become Boogiepop for Orihata. And if this is even possible, well, I guess we are going to find out sooner or later.

I felt really bad for Anou though. His first love was ripped from him, and even though he doesn't know what he lost, he knows that it was something precious, and it hurts him. Well, at least he did appear again, but even though, unfortunately, I don't see his feelings being reciprocated, I hope that he will at least remember what he lost.
Feb 1, 2019 1:14 PM
Sep 2016
shiro_kai said:
Alex82829290 said:

And they can't, also, do that artificially? They control miracle tecnology but don't know about artificial insemination? If this story doesn't happen before 1700, her mission seems pretty pointless. She doesn't have to fuck anyone to they test that [i]hypothesis[i].

artificial humans are not human, they have a different DNA, it is possible that a human has a mutation (evolution) that makes possible the reproduction between these two different species, the organization makes experiments and controls the evolution of humans, and in the end they eliminate the evolved humans , they want to prevent artificial humans from reproducing, because the result would be an evolved human, if they discover that even one in a million can reproduce, they reprogram everything to prevent that possibility
Feb 1, 2019 1:23 PM
Sep 2016
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

evolved humans like Boogiepop, Jin, and Immaginator, the ultimate goal is to prevent human evolution that could cause war between the two new species, to do this they study them and then they eliminate them, to kill them they use synthetic humans (which are not human and can not be reproduced with humans) they are weapons with human form, they are created to perform a mission and the whole meaning of their life is that mission
Feb 1, 2019 1:32 PM
Jan 2019
i wouldn't say that the kids are collateral damage to the towa vs bogiepop conflict .. as boogipop pretty much stated that he couldn't care less for spooky E (and probably by extention the towa org) .. it's kinda misfortune it seems but that aside..

this episode was really interesting .. again i'm not a LN reader so this is kinda like an original anime rather than an adaption to me .. and they seem to be taking things slower than the first arc which i really like .. today we got to see suema .. we know suema is pretty close to naigi .. this makes the possibility of naigi getting involved high from both sides .. both her brother which apearently is trying to be boogiepop for the sake of aya and suema which with supernatural phenomenons getting introduced with jin's powers she probably would ask her for help .. maybe once that happens we'll get some background on the fire witch name ..

tbh boogiepop has alot of fights .. and from the show's PV the action seemed top notch (basically Madhouse worthy) and that's why the fight between spooky e and masaki disappointed me .. i hope in the upcmnign battles the fight scenes get better ..

i liked how boogiepop took over touka to clear the scene for jin's cousin to talk to suema too .. that was a nice touch .. and i'm loving how well they are employing the sudden OST cuts ...it's adding alot to the atmosphere..

with how the season proving how strng it is . with such shows that are keeping us on the edge of our seats .. such as promissed neverland and shield hero and even SAO .. i am loving the fact that boogiepop is the one i'm most waiting for .. which kinda also saddens me for how low it's rated and how little people are caring for it

so .. all in all we saw imaginator jin in action but his goals (and the original imaginator as well .. or rather the imaginator as an extistance) ..
a new name poped up as in MPLS .. which i'm looking forward to see what those are..
we got some of the old characters back and learned that jin's cousin goes to the same highschool as our main cast ..
and most importently.. aya seems to be fighting back..

truly can't wait for next week
Feb 1, 2019 2:00 PM

Sep 2017
Alright so the questions I had about timeline have been cleared up. I like the pacing of this arc over the first. Things are getting pretty weird. We know Orihata is connected to the organization and that one of her missions might be finding Boogiepop. Strange, since that evil dude had the encounter with Boogiepop the previous ep, but maybe they are trying to figure out which student is being "possessed."

This is the imaginator arc, but I don't think we've actually had the imaginator appear since the first episode of the arc. And I have no idea what good ole sensei is up to. It was almost like he took away those girls emotions or something since they talked about having no more fear.

Lotta weird stuff going down. Suema might have a central roll in the climax. Tbh I don't remember what she even did in the first arc.
Feb 1, 2019 2:29 PM

Sep 2015
thekillfra said:
shiro_kai said:

And they can't, also, do that artificially? They control miracle tecnology but don't know about artificial insemination? If this story doesn't happen before 1700, her mission seems pretty pointless. She doesn't have to fuck anyone to they test that hypothesis.

artificial humans are not human, they have a different DNA, it is possible that a human has a mutation (evolution) that makes possible the reproduction between these two different species, the organization makes experiments and controls the evolution of humans, and in the end they eliminate the evolved humans , they want to prevent artificial humans from reproducing, because the result would be an evolved human, if they discover that even one in a million can reproduce, they reprogram everything to prevent that possibility

Then still impossible to her (or even 30 more girls like her) to fuck enough guys to make that a valid test and eliminate that possibilitie in a satisfatory way. Even if she was breaking the world record of fucks in a day. That background of her having to fuck guy as mission is just a giant plot hole and make no sense.

Even so, would stil make more sense if they are doing it at a laboratory.

The author probably didn't even though about it, he just wanted to use that edgy teenager character background. So cheap.
Feb 1, 2019 2:41 PM
Sep 2016
shiro_kai said:
thekillfra said:

Then still impossible to her (or even 30 more girls like her) to fuck enough guys to make that a valid test and eliminate that possibilitie in a satisfatory way. Even if she was breaking the world record of fucks in a day. That background of her having to fuck guy as mission is just a giant plot hole and make no sense.

The author probably didn't even though about it, he just wanted to use that edgy teenager character background. So cheap.

do you know that there is not only this city ?, and that the organization operates all over the world ?, there are probably more people with the same mission .... in the laboratory you can not do it, because you kidnap people (unnecessary risks) or you let them come of their own free will, but only certain people would do it and it would not be a relevant statistical sample ,in the end it's no different than prostituting a person, maybe you should know that our world is not a kind place like in your dreams
Feb 1, 2019 3:00 PM

Sep 2015
thekillfra said:
shiro_kai said:

do you know that there is not only this city ?, and that the organization operates all over the world ?, there are probably more people with the same mission .... in the laboratory you can not do it, because you kidnap people (unnecessary risks) or you let them come of their own free will, but only certain people would do it and it would not be a relevant statistical sample ,in the end it's no different than prostituting a person, maybe you should know that our world is not a kind place like in your dreams

That's why I think they should not use it in such frivolous way.
Do the math dude, either way it will never work. Its just a cheap subterfuge to her background.
shiro_kaiFeb 1, 2019 4:22 PM
Feb 1, 2019 11:05 PM

May 2015
I guess sex is a means to "infect" others, or maybe it's a means to get Boogiepop to appear.

Looks like Imaginator is liberating more souls. I wonder if he will do enough for Boogiepop to tell him to stop manipulating souls...

Suema being a counselor to Orihara. Well let's see if Orihara can cause a situation strong enough for Boogiepop to emerge.
Feb 1, 2019 11:47 PM

Jun 2015
i really love the outlook the characters have in life honestly, it's super real and pretty straight up
Feb 2, 2019 1:59 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm seems Camille also has an agenda of her own. Though it looks like she's not too keen on working for the towas. Its nice that the plot seems to be linking back together after being introduced to so many new characters. Still its nice seeing Suema being so determined to take this case and use her skills to find the truth. Seems Jin has got used to his new powers. Suema's advice though sure was extensive and had quite the depth as well. Hope that Orihata is able to take that advice to heart and learn to live her life freely. An interesting ep that did well in both expanding the plot by introducing new mysteries and expanding upon the character of Suema as well. Its also nice to see the series feature in characters that were already featured in the previous arc.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2019 2:23 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
Could that Towa organisation donate some fitting pants to Spooky E, please?

Otherwise, interesting episode. I enjoy this arc a bit more than the first one.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Feb 2, 2019 3:57 AM
Aug 2018
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

The enemies of the organization she and Spooky E are members.
Feb 2, 2019 4:44 AM

May 2018
Okabe was right. The Organization has to be destroyed!
Feb 2, 2019 5:13 AM

Aug 2013
Nice to Suema getting more focus in this episode. She managed to Orihata from committing suicide.

Feb 2, 2019 5:32 AM
Mar 2018
shiro_kai said:
thekillfra said:

Do the math dude, either way it will never work. Its just a cheap subterfuge to her background.
in fact nobody said she should do it with everyone (idk where did you got that) her mission is just to do it with someone and she is free to choose who. I think masaki is the only sweet boy that would do it if he knew the situation and plus he's her lover so it's not prostituting since she loves him back
Feb 2, 2019 6:24 AM

Jun 2017
This show is strange. It handles exposition really terribly. The scene with Annou standing there crying about losing something was awkward and unbelievable, as was the final scene with Suema and Orihata. It's like the information needed to be presented, so it was done so through contrived conversations. Suema looking at the painting and saying, "I feel like the person who painted this doesn't like people like me"... what does that even mean?

At least the stuff with Imaginator and Spooky E and the shadowy Towa Organization is interesting.
Feb 2, 2019 7:47 AM

Mar 2018
papsoshea said:
Watching Boogiepop is like watching paint dry in some moments, STILL, 6 episodes in and I couldn't give a damn about any character.

I have to agree. Most of the characters seem to be void of any kind of feelings. The only character I found interesting was Nagi but she completely disappeared from the show.
Feb 2, 2019 8:08 AM

Sep 2009
Hey you know what this episode could have used? More dialogue.
Feb 2, 2019 10:17 AM

Dec 2015
I don't really get it. She wanted her boyfriend to be Boogieboop, but she needs to fight Boogieboop? I'm starting to think the only thing interesting about the show is the non-linear story. But the story itself isn't all that great, because of the excessive subplots
Feb 2, 2019 10:30 AM

Mar 2017
So i'm assuming by what Suema was saying to Orihata is that the Imaginator is like an oppressive version of fate... it decides everything for humanity and takes away it's free will and Boogiepop fights to keep humanities free will. At least, that's what i understand but i could be entirely wrong!

Also, Orihata asked Masak to become Boogiepop... does that mean that someone can consciously manifest Boogiepop within themselves? Like, i know that Miyashita doesn't know about Boogiepop but maybe that's just her...
Feb 2, 2019 11:04 AM

May 2013
Show's starting to feel like its trying so hard to seem mysterious but its actually handling with pretty basic, mediocre plot. seems like nothing much happened this episode at all except for only raising a couple question marks that are hard to care for imo, pretty bad episode compared to the couple before. hope this show picks up from next week because its starting to take a bit too long~
Feb 2, 2019 9:30 PM

Apr 2018
I liked the last episode more than this one but this was still a GREAT episode non-the-less!

also:

lol
Feb 3, 2019 12:20 AM

Jun 2016
This episode felt like episode 1 to me. Too much exposition. I did enjoy it up until the last scene but that discussion between Suema and Orihata really soured the whole episode for me.

Interesting notes:

Boogie and Asukai work on unstable hearts in different ways.

Suema is right, to live is to be hated. It's unrealistic and impossible to live life to not be hated. Anou is proof of that, jealousy made him hate her to the point of spying. Perhaps we have to accept that and make sure we live our own life for us and not for others? We'll see.

I think Spooky and Towa lied to Orihata about what Boogie was to make her Orihata's enemy, she doesn't seem like the reaper who kills beauty at its peak like she said Boogie was, and later she seemed to agree with Suema!

Kyouko being presumably alive means this is a prequel to the last arc and I would so wager Towa is the wiped out government branch who took in Echoes.

It had some interesting things and the Asukai / Boogie theme were awesome as always but I wasn’t a fan overall. Maybe each arc will have a exposition heavy confusing episode like this that makes me lose my interest.
Feb 3, 2019 1:11 AM
Feb 2012
this is the kind of series that you completely forget about once it's done airing
Feb 3, 2019 1:33 AM
Apr 2012
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:

Kyouko being presumably alive means this is a prequel to the last arc and I would so wager Towa is the wiped out government branch who took in Echoes.

No Kyouko never died. She is the friend of Suema from the last act and was "saved" by Nagi. This act plays after the first act.
Feb 3, 2019 1:45 AM

Jun 2016
Little_Nai said:
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:

No Kyouko never died. She is the friend of Suema from the last act and was "saved" by Nagi. This act plays after the first act.

Oh rats! I thought it was the girl who first took in Echoes. Ty!!! I should double check these things..
Feb 3, 2019 2:53 AM

Mar 2016
When i watch this show i think i ve taken some kind of drug . A lot of things that doesnt make sense happen and the episode end like that ...

Feb 3, 2019 5:28 AM
Jan 2017
I love how this show keeps putting out more information and plot, but prevents all of the information from getting out.
Feb 3, 2019 9:07 AM

Jan 2015
Not that I don't enjoy all the rhetoric going on here, but it bothers me how unnatural these dialogues sound.
Feb 3, 2019 9:54 AM

Jul 2015
Third part huh
the pacing could ve been faster tho

Well...
Feb 3, 2019 10:22 AM

Sep 2015
Alex82829290 said:
shiro_kai said:

in fact nobody said she should do it with everyone (idk where did you got that) her mission is just to do it with someone and she is free to choose who. I think masaki is the only sweet boy that would do it if he knew the situation and plus he's her lover so it's not prostituting since she loves him back

cause she was already doing it with everyone, thats why the rumours about her
Feb 3, 2019 10:54 AM

Dec 2018
Urgh i always have to come here to understand what's going on, at least Souma's dialogue with Camille made me think about whats our goal in life and how we can persuade it as a result to find a path that we aim to live.

Poor Anou kun, it's sad that he doesn’t know the real reason he was crying for😣(though his subconscious knows that something is missing), i thought Boogiepop recovered his memories but why the one about his crush didn't come yet?
fallingfromskyFeb 3, 2019 10:59 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

104 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

45 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2019

32 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

43 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 4:51 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2019

42 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 2:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.