Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
#1
Jan 31, 6:38 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 13
There are many scenes in the manga that were cut. It would be difficult to enjoy it for those who don't read the manga.
 
#2
Jan 31, 8:47 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 126
faisalrahmanrisa said:
There are many scenes in the manga that were cut. It would be difficult to enjoy it for those who don't read the manga.


There are a lot scene in the LN that were cut in the manga too though, so even the manga is partially to blame

And yes they will rush it too vol 4 so 1 vol 4ep will be the norm, don't blame the production team though this is the fault of the anime commite board that for some reasons they thought that doing this would be fine.

Well it's not like I don't understand their logic, if they ended it at Charybdis. That would be the lamest thing ever (rimuru fight against some random whale as final battle? What a joke) but too rush so they could reach hinata is pretty ambitious

As manga/LN reader I guess we just need to accept that a lot of detail will be skipped, so judging it by saying

They skipped... Etc

Should not be done, I just hope they keep the fact that it's a fun series to watch and make sure rimuru interaction with the kid still get fleshed out
 
#3
Jan 31, 9:59 PM
Online
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2216
Briandias said:
faisalrahmanrisa said:
There are many scenes in the manga that were cut. It would be difficult to enjoy it for those who don't read the manga.


There are a lot scene in the LN that were cut in the manga too though, so even the manga is partially to blame

And yes they will rush it too vol 4 so 1 vol 4ep will be the norm, don't blame the production team though this is the fault of the anime commite board that for some reasons they thought that doing this would be fine.

Well it's not like I don't understand their logic, if they ended it at Charybdis. That would be the lamest thing ever (rimuru fight against some random whale as final battle? What a joke) but too rush so they could reach hinata is pretty ambitious

As manga/LN reader I guess we just need to accept that a lot of detail will be skipped, so judging it by saying

They skipped... Etc

Should not be done, I just hope they keep the fact that it's a fun series to watch and make sure rimuru interaction with the kid still get fleshed out



They aren't going to reach Hinata
 
#4
Feb 1, 12:09 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 126
Mattinator95 said:
Briandias said:


There are a lot scene in the LN that were cut in the manga too though, so even the manga is partially to blame

And yes they will rush it too vol 4 so 1 vol 4ep will be the norm, don't blame the production team though this is the fault of the anime commite board that for some reasons they thought that doing this would be fine.

Well it's not like I don't understand their logic, if they ended it at Charybdis. That would be the lamest thing ever (rimuru fight against some random whale as final battle? What a joke) but too rush so they could reach hinata is pretty ambitious

As manga/LN reader I guess we just need to accept that a lot of detail will be skipped, so judging it by saying

They skipped... Etc

Should not be done, I just hope they keep the fact that it's a fun series to watch and make sure rimuru interaction with the kid still get fleshed out



They aren't going to reach Hinata


Are you sure, hinata is at the epilogue of vol 4 you know, she also shown to fight rimuru in the first op
 
#5
Feb 1, 3:14 AM
Online
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2216
Briandias said:
Mattinator95 said:



They aren't going to reach Hinata


Are you sure, hinata is at the epilogue of vol 4 you know, she also shown to fight rimuru in the first op



The opening was a lie . And she has no voice actor
 
#6
Feb 1, 3:43 AM
Online
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2216
https://www.reddit.com/r/TenseiSlime/comments/aijvvo/the_official_tensura_twitter_just_shared_an/

The following is by a user wyyyyye who read it and wrote down what it mainly talks about in the interview but I only copied a little bit to read the rest just read the comment section on the Reddit thread


The plan was to orginally do 2 LN Vols for the two cours ( now that's slow ) but the production committee wanted more .

Fuse official announced that the anime is an adaption of the manga and not the LN and it was the production team who tried to add content from the LN.

The team is also disappointed about the omitted content due to time constraints they ensured if they cut something they cut the whole related scenes / sequence so that these contents are possible to be brought back as standalone pieces or side episodes, if they ever have the chance to do more OVAs.

the aim of this adaptation is to get anime viewers interested to carry on with the manga. The anime won’t overtake the manga and if they enjoy the manga then they can also follow the LN.

They now follow the manga and including less LN contents from now on so it is feasible with some scenes swapping and they are going to carefully select contents that focused on the current anime story of the Jura-Tempest side so anime only viewers won’t notice much missing related to current plotlines, example is shorten the demon lord tea party in ep16 and can include it back as flashbacks in future if there is a 2nd season since demon lords aren’t really related to the Jura-Tempest side apart from Millim. Karion only needs a few lines after the fight anyway as it was in the manga. All the political details and slice of life can come back as OVAs and flashbacks in 2nd season, hopefully.

They also confirmed the town developments are only shown in background and passing scenes of each episode (yes every single episode since ep3 has them) so these will not take up much of the anime contents.


Modified by Mattinator95, Feb 1, 3:57 AM
 
#7
Feb 1, 4:05 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 126
Mattinator95 said:
Briandias said:


Are you sure, hinata is at the epilogue of vol 4 you know, she also shown to fight rimuru in the first op



The opening was a lie . And she has no voice actor


Ah thats a good point
 
#8
Feb 1, 4:05 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 126
Mattinator95 said:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TenseiSlime/comments/aijvvo/the_official_tensura_twitter_just_shared_an/

The following is by a user wyyyyye who read it and wrote down what it mainly talks about in the interview but I only copied a little bit to read the rest just read the comment section on the Reddit thread


The plan was to orginally do 2 LN Vols for the two cours ( now that's slow ) but the production committee wanted more .

Fuse official announced that the anime is an adaption of the manga and not the LN and it was the production team who tried to add content from the LN.

The team is also disappointed about the omitted content due to time constraints they ensured if they cut something they cut the whole related scenes / sequence so that these contents are possible to be brought back as standalone pieces or side episodes, if they ever have the chance to do more OVAs.

the aim of this adaptation is to get anime viewers interested to carry on with the manga. The anime won’t overtake the manga and if they enjoy the manga then they can also follow the LN.

They now follow the manga and including less LN contents from now on so it is feasible with some scenes swapping and they are going to carefully select contents that focused on the current anime story of the Jura-Tempest side so anime only viewers won’t notice much missing related to current plotlines, example is shorten the demon lord tea party in ep16 and can include it back as flashbacks in future if there is a 2nd season since demon lords aren’t really related to the Jura-Tempest side apart from Millim. Karion only needs a few lines after the fight anyway as it was in the manga. All the political details and slice of life can come back as OVAs and flashbacks in 2nd season, hopefully.

They also confirmed the town developments are only shown in background and passing scenes of each episode (yes every single episode since ep3 has them) so these will not take up much of the anime contents.




God bless you kind sir
 
#9
Feb 1, 6:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1935
And it's going to rush even more, they need to cramp 10 episodes of manga in 5 episodes of anime. They already announced that last two episodes would be just a bonus content, which is Velora's diary, i.e. dragon commenting on whatever happened in early episodes. Which means, they will try to to save money, reuse animation, and put a new voice over it. It is obvious they run out of money, or time, and just rushing things by.
 
Feb 1, 6:38 AM
Online
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2216
beast_regards said:
And it's going to rush even more, they need to cramp 10 episodes of manga in 5 episodes of anime. They already announced that last two episodes would be just a bonus content, which is Velora's diary, i.e. dragon commenting on whatever happened in early episodes. Which means, they will try to to save money, reuse animation, and put a new voice over it. It is obvious they run out of money, or time, and just rushing things by.


read my comment above theirs a link to an interview explaining a few things also a few topics someone posted when they read it
 
Feb 1, 1:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1935
Mattinator95 said:
read my comment above theirs a link to an interview explaining a few things also a few topics someone posted when they read it

I've read it, and no, last two episodes were rushed to the point you would notice something is missing even without knowledge of the manga. Jumps in between scenes are too obvious, you can notice there is something missing in between duel with King Gazell, motives for it, and subsequent Federation founding. A whole business with Youm also makes no sense, it's just jumped from one scene with a notable change in Youm personality without any apparent reason. An entire business with Charybdis, implanting a whole thing in Phobio, clowns etc. were also completely left out. Who really ordered that attack is also left in the air.

 
Feb 1, 5:19 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 92
beast_regards said:
Mattinator95 said:
read my comment above theirs a link to an interview explaining a few things also a few topics someone posted when they read it

I've read it, and no, last two episodes were rushed to the point you would notice something is missing even without knowledge of the manga. Jumps in between scenes are too obvious, you can notice there is something missing in between duel with King Gazell, motives for it, and subsequent Federation founding. A whole business with Youm also makes no sense, it's just jumped from one scene with a notable change in Youm personality without any apparent reason. An entire business with Charybdis, implanting a whole thing in Phobio, clowns etc. were also completely left out. Who really ordered that attack is also left in the air.



Phobio is next episode, but yeah they're rushing things a LOT. Don't like that, but we'll see what happens.
 
Feb 1, 5:57 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 64
beast_regards said:
Mattinator95 said:
read my comment above theirs a link to an interview explaining a few things also a few topics someone posted when they read it

I've read it, and no, last two episodes were rushed to the point you would notice something is missing even without knowledge of the manga. Jumps in between scenes are too obvious, you can notice there is something missing in between duel with King Gazell, motives for it, and subsequent Federation founding. A whole business with Youm also makes no sense, it's just jumped from one scene with a notable change in Youm personality without any apparent reason. An entire business with Charybdis, implanting a whole thing in Phobio, clowns etc. were also completely left out. Who really ordered that attack is also left in the air.



I'm pretty sure most of the motives for Gazel fighting Rimuru were clear when he said he wanted to test Rimuru. Making the connection that a duel can provide a glimpse into the duelers inner self is not a new trope. With Youmu, I honestly prefer having them kind of skip over it, since there really isn't all that much in the way of substance for the Charybdis Arc. Its not like the pace has changed, its more that the amount of "plot" related content is very small in vol 3. Now Wit Studios is hoping that they will get the chance to expand on the stuff cut out with OVA's and adding flashbacks in a potential season 2. Overall the pace is not all that bad, I feel like people are going too far in trying to compare the anime to the source material, when they should just be judging the work by itself. If we were to go like that then the last two episodes have been kind of slow, and the pace of the entire anime has been at that same slow pace as well. Since Volume 3 is really the wrap up point for the beginning of the series, I have no problems with them skipping scenes and cutting out concepts that aren't really used after the scene they are introduced in. (ex. Fighting spirit really doesn't come up after the Gazel Fight)
 
Feb 2, 1:24 AM
Online
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2216
beast_regards said:
Mattinator95 said:
read my comment above theirs a link to an interview explaining a few things also a few topics someone posted when they read it

I've read it, and no, last two episodes were rushed to the point you would notice something is missing even without knowledge of the manga. Jumps in between scenes are too obvious, you can notice there is something missing in between duel with King Gazell, motives for it, and subsequent Federation founding. A whole business with Youm also makes no sense, it's just jumped from one scene with a notable change in Youm personality without any apparent reason. An entire business with Charybdis, implanting a whole thing in Phobio, clowns etc. were also completely left out. Who really ordered that attack is also left in the air.



Implanting it into phobio with the clowns is next episode.


The only thing missing between the dual was dryed anger at the king and the kings partys recations to rimuru and his party. Apart from that they pretty much said why he wants the dual .


they cut something they cut the whole related scenes / sequence so that these contents are possible to be brought back as standalone pieces. On the likely hood that a 2nd season would happen they most likely add the missing pieces that where missed in a few areas. As flashbacks

Anime committees fault not the author or the people working on it
 
Feb 2, 6:24 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 114
Briandias said:
faisalrahmanrisa said:
There are many scenes in the manga that were cut. It would be difficult to enjoy it for those who don't read the manga.


There are a lot scene in the LN that were cut in the manga too though, so even the manga is partially to blame

And yes they will rush it too vol 4 so 1 vol 4ep will be the norm, don't blame the production team though this is the fault of the anime commite board that for some reasons they thought that doing this would be fine.

Well it's not like I don't understand their logic, if they ended it at Charybdis. That would be the lamest thing ever (rimuru fight against some random whale as final battle? What a joke) but too rush so they could reach hinata is pretty ambitious

As manga/LN reader I guess we just need to accept that a lot of detail will be skipped, so judging it by saying

They skipped... Etc

Should not be done, I just hope they keep the fact that it's a fun series to watch and make sure rimuru interaction with the kid still get fleshed out
nop they are gonna finish charybdis in 18-19 episode they will show it in ending of 18 and fight in 19.
 
Feb 2, 2:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1935
jaw201 said:
I'm pretty sure most of the motives for Gazel fighting Rimuru were clear when he said he wanted to test Rimuru. Making the connection that a duel can provide a glimpse into the duelers inner self is not a new trope. With Youmu, I honestly prefer having them kind of skip over it, since there really isn't all that much in the way of substance for the Charybdis Arc. Its not like the pace has changed, its more that the amount of "plot" related content is very small in vol 3. Now Wit Studios is hoping that they will get the chance to expand on the stuff cut out with OVA's and adding flashbacks in a potential season 2. Overall the pace is not all that bad, I feel like people are going too far in trying to compare the anime to the source material, when they should just be judging the work by itself. If we were to go like that then the last two episodes have been kind of slow, and the pace of the entire anime has been at that same slow pace as well. Since Volume 3 is really the wrap up point for the beginning of the series, I have no problems with them skipping scenes and cutting out concepts that aren't really used after the scene they are introduced in. (ex. Fighting spirit really doesn't come up after the Gazel Fight)

"fixing" the narrative retrospectively with OVA's is a bad strategy and should be criticised. By that point, it's already too late, as people either read the manga and doesn't any explanation OVA could provide, or gave up on the show because it stopped making any sense whatsoever.

I agree that Gazel didn't really had complex motives for a duel, but scene still feels to rushed.

Youm, even though he probably isn't that important of the character, is even worse because drastic change of personality he went through, from arrogant idiot to ... well, completely different person, more humble, and likeable. It doesn't make sense from anime perspective. Rimuru choosing him, biggest idiot at hand, instead of three adventurers he already knew, make no sense.

As for Phobio and Charybdis, I am already certain it is going to make no sense.

Mostly because it seems they want to reach queen of spirits, they need to jump through Charybdis act, through entire delegation from Yuurazania, through another visit at dwarven kingdom, through Brumund kingdom (which send that adventurer group in the first place, but we honestly don't know thanks to anime), through teacher arc, then queen of spirits etc. all in less than five episodes. and then still provide some bombastic ending ...

Mattinator95 said:
Anime committees fault not the author or the people working on it

Does't change much on the fact anime itself is rushed.
 
Feb 2, 2:55 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 64
beast_regards said:
jaw201 said:
I'm pretty sure most of the motives for Gazel fighting Rimuru were clear when he said he wanted to test Rimuru. Making the connection that a duel can provide a glimpse into the duelers inner self is not a new trope. With Youmu, I honestly prefer having them kind of skip over it, since there really isn't all that much in the way of substance for the Charybdis Arc. Its not like the pace has changed, its more that the amount of "plot" related content is very small in vol 3. Now Wit Studios is hoping that they will get the chance to expand on the stuff cut out with OVA's and adding flashbacks in a potential season 2. Overall the pace is not all that bad, I feel like people are going too far in trying to compare the anime to the source material, when they should just be judging the work by itself. If we were to go like that then the last two episodes have been kind of slow, and the pace of the entire anime has been at that same slow pace as well. Since Volume 3 is really the wrap up point for the beginning of the series, I have no problems with them skipping scenes and cutting out concepts that aren't really used after the scene they are introduced in. (ex. Fighting spirit really doesn't come up after the Gazel Fight)

"fixing" the narrative retrospectively with OVA's is a bad strategy and should be criticised. By that point, it's already too late, as people either read the manga and doesn't any explanation OVA could provide, or gave up on the show because it stopped making any sense whatsoever.

I agree that Gazel didn't really had complex motives for a duel, but scene still feels to rushed.

Youm, even though he probably isn't that important of the character, is even worse because drastic change of personality he went through, from arrogant idiot to ... well, completely different person, more humble, and likeable. It doesn't make sense from anime perspective. Rimuru choosing him, biggest idiot at hand, instead of three adventurers he already knew, make no sense.

I don't understand what you mean. Youmu wasn't arrogant or an idiot (and certainly not both), he just didn't respect or trust Rimuru because, one, Rimuru is a monster (Which are heavily discriminated by humans, as seen in the initial visit to dwargon), and two, Rimuru is just a slime which are regarded as weak monsters. The reason why he flipped is that he spent an entire day or two in the city, and saw just how much people looked up to Rimuru. This was all shown in the flashes of images shown when he was talking to Rimuru. I think you misunderstood Youmu's character from the start rather than Youmu's character flipping on a dime. Especially since he was leading a large group of personal into a complex battle formation before even entering Tempest. I would also argue that the audience should be relieved that Rimuru didn't pick the three adventurers, especially considering how bad they are on their own.

beast_regards said:

As for Phobio and Charybdis, I am already certain it is going to make no sense.

Mostly because it seems they want to reach queen of spirits, they need to jump through Charybdis act, through entire delegation from Yuurazania, through another visit at dwarven kingdom, through Brumund kingdom (which send that adventurer group in the first place, but we honestly don't know thanks to anime), through teacher arc, then queen of spirits etc. all in less than five episodes. and then still provide some bombastic ending ...


I highly doubt this, especially since they have the author (Fuse) of the series essentially planning and writing/editing the script in order to have it make sense to the average anime watcher and meet where they need to be. And don't expect a bombastic ending. This isn't ending on some big battle scene, its most likely going to be a cliffhanger after a major conflict was resolved. The anime is still moving quite slowly when compared to most LN/Manga Adaptations. There was a recent interview with the production staff and the author of the series, where they were talking about how they had to cut entire sections out completely in order to meet where they needed to be. But, both the producers of the show and Fuse reworked the structure of the plot/story in order to get to where the production committee wants them to be. I would expect the plot to deviate slightly from both the manga and the light novel at this point. They probably aren't going to go to Dwargon, and they will probably only meet with Yuurazania delegation, before diving into the Volume 4 arc.

I would say at this point that you can't really rush something that is going to already be different from the original source materials in pace and plot structure.

And we actually already knew that Blumund Kingdom were the ones to send the original adventurers that checked out Veldora's cave, this was made clear at the start of the show. And was reinforced when Fuze asked those three adventurers for their help again in episode 16/17. I don't see how this wasn't made clear that they were from Blumund to begin with. Maybe if you paid more attention you would remember these things.


Modified by jaw201, Feb 2, 3:05 PM
 
Feb 2, 3:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1935
jaw201 said:
I don't understand what you mean. Youmu wasn't arrogant or an idiot (and certainly not both), ...

Certainly was both, just look at his behaviour, arrogant to the boot acting like he is king of the world, and quite an idiot considering the circumstances. Yes, I understand he might not be afraid of the slime, but even if slime wouldn't kill him, several evolved ogres can, and even failing that, Demon Lord certainly would. So, yes, quite an idiot, especially if rest of the party (guild master, young mage) were actually quite collected and knew what they are facing against.
And everyone in the setting knows who Milim is and how she looks like, everyone except Youm.
And actually, he seems quite incompetent, he couldn't fight the spider, he let others to do the job for him and even his ... adjutant, I guess, young mage in classes ... handled the commanding.
If he faced anyone else than Rimuru, he would be toast.
Yes, the trio of heroes isn't really smarter, but at least they have excuse knowing where they are so they worried more about stuffing their faces.

jaw201 said:
I highly doubt this, especially since they have the author (Fuse) of the series essentially planning and writing/editing the script in order to have it make sense to the average anime watcher and meet where they need to be...

I understand that adaptation needs to leave some part out, or even be rewritten to match the format, but when you reach the point that it is obvious to everyone that something has been left out even without knowing the source material, you are doing a bad job adapting. With or without original writer involved.

Anime adaptation doing a horribly bad job in adapting is quite common, and this isn't first, and certainly not last show that suffered from it.
 
Feb 2, 3:59 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 64
beast_regards said:
jaw201 said:
I don't understand what you mean. Youmu wasn't arrogant or an idiot (and certainly not both), ...

Certainly was both, just look at his behaviour, arrogant to the boot acting like he is king of the world, and quite an idiot considering the circumstances. Yes, I understand he might not be afraid of the slime, but even if slime wouldn't kill him, several evolved ogres can, and even failing that, Demon Lord certainly would. So, yes, quite an idiot, especially if rest of the party (guild master, young mage) were actually quite collected and knew what they are facing against.
And everyone in the setting knows who Milim is and how she looks like, everyone except Youm.
And actually, he seems quite incompetent, he couldn't fight the spider, he let others to do the job for him and even his ... adjutant, I guess, young mage in classes ... handled the commanding.
If he faced anyone else than Rimuru, he would be toast.
Yes, the trio of heroes isn't really smarter, but at least they have excuse knowing where they are so they worried more about stuffing their faces.

jaw201 said:
I highly doubt this, especially since they have the author (Fuse) of the series essentially planning and writing/editing the script in order to have it make sense to the average anime watcher and meet where they need to be...

I understand that adaptation needs to leave some part out, or even be rewritten to match the format, but when you reach the point that it is obvious to everyone that something has been left out even without knowing the source material, you are doing a bad job adapting. With or without original writer involved.

Anime adaptation doing a horribly bad job in adapting is quite common, and this isn't first, and certainly not last show that suffered from it.

I would like to remind you that Youmu is only one of many to underestimate Rimuru, I don't see why this is a problem. Ignorance is not the same as idiocy and you know it. I also love how you write a generalization claiming that everyone knows that it is being rushed. Not a very strong argument. Nothing related to the main plot has been left out. I don't even know what you are trying to claim here. Everything important to the plot has been given proper attention and claiming otherwise just shows that you need to pay more attention. You keep claiming that its rushed but you have yet to define what it means to be rushed, and what exactly is so obvious that has been left out. Because I am certainly not seeing anything left out.
 
Feb 2, 4:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1935
jaw201 said:
I would like to remind you that Youmu is only one of many to underestimate Rimuru, I don't see why this is a problem. Ignorance is not the same as idiocy and you know it. I also love how you write a generalization claiming that everyone knows that it is being rushed. Not a very strong argument. Nothing related to the main plot has been left out. I don't even know what you are trying to claim here. Everything important to the plot has been given proper attention and claiming otherwise just shows that you need to pay more attention. You keep claiming that its rushed but you have yet to define what it means to be rushed, and what exactly is so obvious that has been left out. Because I am certainly not seeing anything left out.

We can certain wait a 5 episodes, we certainly want to see those episodes since we are having this conversion after all, but once it is over, are you sure no one would feel it is rushed with something left out?
 
Top

Preview MangaManga Store