Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jan 31, 3:49 PM
I’m a bit confused. The LN and Manga both lack the romance tag but the anime does have it. Are they going to do something with Raphtalia and Naofumi because as far as the manga is concerned, there is no romance. I’m really curious about why they have this tag and what will happen in relation to it.

Jan 31, 3:55 PM

MAL isn't exactly the best with adding accurate tags. After all these seasons, I still wonder why Violet Evergarden has fantasy tag.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Current thought: How many people will spark H. Charlotta just for blue pot?

Jan 31, 4:07 PM

MAL doesn't know what's going to happen in the anime more than anyone else. It does have a bit of a harem feel later in the LN but this 2-cour anime won't get to that point.

Feb 1, 4:19 PM

Hakaminah said:
MAL isn't exactly the best with adding accurate tags. After all these seasons, I still wonder why Violet Evergarden has fantasy tag.

It's low fantasy like Shirayuki-san.

Feb 1, 9:43 PM

trickster2414 said:
I’m a bit confused. The LN and Manga both lack the romance tag but the anime does have it. Are they going to do something with Raphtalia and Naofumi because as far as the manga is concerned, there is no romance. I’m really curious about why they have this tag and what will happen in relation to it.

Raphtalia has an one way love with him... so... maybe that's what they are talking about?

Feb 1, 9:59 PM

Genres are always relative things ... If you really think about about it, most show would have at least 10 genres tagged on it ...

Feb 2, 12:09 AM

I remember when I first joined MAL I would search for anime to watch by using the genre tags. Quickly learned that most of them were incorrect.

Feb 2, 12:20 AM

i cant tell u how much i despise that romance tag.. half the time it aint actual romance and just milks the shit outta it only for a kiss on the cheek or some ecchi bs ... gosh
hard to find proper feel feelz love stories these days

and no they aint.. its more like a father daughter thing with a slight onesided thing with raphi and couple others.... man u know what u rly cant tell anymore... in this day and age everything is like a harem the girls fall left and right for the mc for the sake of falling for the mc

Feb 2, 2:08 AM

What does it take for an anime to be considered romance? Raphtalia has one-sided feelings toward Naofumi but that's it I think.

Feb 2, 5:45 AM
Wait and see, you see spoiler if not obvious Naofumi developed some sort of misogyny so since he's not a flat character it will take some time to develop any feelings

Feb 2, 8:37 AM

There is eventually romance, but that is more towards the end of the story. I don't know how much MAL took into consideration into that as there is no way they can get there in this season.

Feb 3, 11:18 AM
Nemesis2005 said:
There is eventually romance, but that is more towards the end of the story. I don't know how much MAL took into consideration into that as there is no way they can get there in this season.
naofumi really fall for her??? (spoiler pls pls pls)

Feb 3, 11:46 AM

midwiferuler said:
Nemesis2005 said:

These are heavy spoilers so read at your own risk.

Feb 3, 12:38 PM
Killuan said:
midwiferuler said:

These are heavy spoilers so read at your own risk.