Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Mar 31, 2019 9:11 AM
Oct 2018
Huh, well that ending got me stumped, kudos.
Mar 31, 2019 6:11 PM
Jul 2011
The show is getting even better!!! What a plot twist my friends... Maybe I was too naive but I didn't expect Ray to be the traitor! He really trick me! WOW!
Apr 14, 2019 1:15 PM

Mar 2016
They finally told Don and Gilda about everything, of course from how Gilda looks so anxious all this time, it's easy to accuse her of being the traitor. Nice trick but I know that Don, the guy that has always been cheerful is the traitor. And behold, it's proven in this ep. Don was the traitor and Gilda wasn't (I'm impressed by how she's able to overcome the intimidating conversation she had with Krona alone)

Okay, this looks serious! Rey is a traitor?! I know he seemed suspicious in the first 2 eps, but really?! I'm guessing in the next ep Don was actually innocent and Rey was the traitor all along, though I don't know how other characters will react to that.
ShadowkillZApr 14, 2019 1:20 PM
Apr 28, 2019 12:56 AM

May 2013
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, NAHT MAH BB TT^TT

Emma really is too naive. Almost to the point of idiocy smh. I guess we just gotta put up with her idiot heart of gold smh. It's who she is ;/ but still an idealistic dum dum lol
Apr 28, 2019 4:30 PM

May 2017
Wait what Ray was the traitor?! Okay I never saw this coming like wtf
And now I feel dumb for thinking that the asian girl was the spy smh

I swear I can already see a death flag on either of those 3, prob Emma but idk
May 1, 2019 3:54 PM

Feb 2013
Lool, Ray can't be a traitor!!
May 26, 2019 2:29 PM

Oct 2012
Hm. Not bad but I still have the feeling that the anime is just weak copy of the manga.

And they are still going very fast, not letting some facts sink in before moving further.
May 30, 2019 4:47 PM

May 2012
Damn that ending was epic! I first suspected the glassed girl but didn't expect it might have been Ray! Good development I must say!
Jun 15, 2019 9:17 AM

Mar 2015
Sister Krone super creepy!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 29, 2019 9:03 PM

Oct 2016
uninstallthegame said:
a part of me still can't figure out what is all the fuss about this show. just from these 4 episodes alone i don't feel like the show deserves all the praise. i mean, it's atmospheric but that's pretty much it for me. even prison break had more to offer, introducing new characters and plot twist. yet this one is just some one-sided attempts to escape with even Mama knowing about it...

also, a major factor i can't digest this properly is the fact that 11 year olds are acting like genius tacticians, where did all get that experience come from in the first place, being held in a isolated orphanage...

I think not only does it do atmosphere incredibly well, the way the "camera" is handled makes it feel like a you're watching a full-fledged horror film. I can't say I've seen Prison Break though. Might check it out. Honestly this shows had me on the edge of my seat and it's been a while since any horror has done that for me. I am really enjoying it. I agree that it's weird that 11-year-olds are being so intelligent and clever though.

PikslapJul 5, 2019 7:11 PM
Jun 30, 2019 12:26 AM

Oct 2016
ZeroDragon said:
Tell Suspect A about Bait W.
Tell Suspect B about Bait X.
Tell Ally/Suspect C that you told A about Bait Y and D about Bait Z.

Very clever! Yeah didn't think it was Gilda just going by how the directing was trying too hard to make her the prime suspect. Don seemed to have reacted genuinely during their group discussion, so it was a hard pill to swallow regarding the initial conclusion that it was him when the rope was gone, but of course he too was ultimately innocent. But, I'm not so sure Ray being the traitor is as straightforward as it seems... How are we certain that he isn't just attempting to gain Mom's trust or pretending to be a triple agent? Either way, quite the cliffhanger.

I agree, this show has had a lot of clever twists so far. Ray is on the cover of the show. I can only assume that he (A) either still escapes with them (Emma did say she would take the traitor no matter what), (B) was doing it to manipulate Mom, or (C) will be the "friend that betrays his friends and works with the bad guys" of this show.
Either way, this episode was really well set up, and when everything clicked to me after the credits, I was thrilled. I'm watching episodes 5-9 tomorrow. Can't wait to see what happens. This is a solid show so far.

PikslapJul 5, 2019 7:11 PM
Aug 18, 2019 8:21 AM

Jan 2013
Manga readers really need to stop comparing the anime to the manga. It's getting really annoying. It's not only this anime but other anime too. I've never read the manga and I don't have any issue with the pacing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2019 8:36 AM

Oct 2013
The suspense is intense! I knew Gilda had to be a red herring, but the stairs scene had me doubting myself for a hot minute.

My boy Norman pulling through with a classic Tyrion Lannister move right there. I love it, but I was rooting for Ray... hopefully this doesn't turn sour.

The OST is delightful.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 3, 2020 5:10 PM

Nov 2012
What not Ray :(( It better not be Ray, I hope this is part of bigger scheme to trick and mislead the Mom.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jan 6, 2020 2:24 AM

Jul 2015
Damn didn't expect Ray to be the one, they really got me with Gilda though, seeing as she isn't the one who shoved the note with the rope's location and lying to Krone makes her innocent
UnkrownedJan 6, 2020 2:31 AM

Feb 7, 2020 9:30 PM

Jul 2013
The tension is getting higher and higher. The second conversation between Isabella and Krone. Like the first one Isabella signifies Krone that she's only chess piece and nothing more to her. With Krones temper I had a feeling she would freak out in her room :D

Emma, Ray and Norman still train the other kids, this time they played tag in groups which is what it most likely will look like when they make their big escape. There were a lot of trust issues but Norman was even prepared for that. At first really thought Glinda was the traitor. But she was at Krones room, so who was the one who gave Isabella the hint for the ropes under Normans bed?

Don't tell me Ray really is the traitor. I have a feeling he did this on purpose, but I can be wrong. Let's see what the next episode will look like.
Natsu88Feb 7, 2020 9:40 PM

Apr 21, 2020 6:27 AM
Dec 2018
Oh My god!! I never thought That Ray is the Traitor. Thats a big Twist.
Apr 23, 2020 4:11 PM

Jul 2013
It never occurred to me that Ray may be the spy, damn. It's because he didn't see Conny's corpse, stupid kid.
Apr 27, 2020 3:45 AM

Mar 2020
Thebigofan said:
Manga readers really need to stop comparing the anime to the manga. It's getting really annoying. It's not only this anime but other anime too. I've never read the manga and I don't have any issue with the pacing.

i've read the manga and so far the pacing is fine. these mfs in here want them to adapt every single syllable of every single word of every single inner monologue into 12 episodes somehow.
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jul 3, 2020 11:38 PM
Mar 2020
I kinda getting disappointed with the pacing or something feels off. I wish we spent more time with all the kids. Getting into the character dynamics, for me: Emma = idealist, Norman = realist, ray = pragmatist.

-Norman is really smart kid. I am loving don's and ray's character.
Aug 16, 2020 10:35 PM

Feb 2019
Holy cow Ray was the man all along
Sep 28, 2020 11:51 AM

May 2015
I bet that rope under bed is traitor!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 12, 2020 1:50 PM
Jul 2020
Woah. If Ray is the spy, I did not expect that at all.
Nov 21, 2020 5:09 AM

Jun 2020
I feel so dumb, I actually said out loud to my friend “omg it’s Don” & right after Norman was like IT’S YOU RAY lmaoooooo I was like WTF

I feel so betrayed!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Dec 11, 2020 5:19 PM

Jul 2017
Looks like Ray fell for Norman's trap card at the very end there. He got baited. Good episode as a whole, although I do prefer the first three episodes over this. People overhate on the directing, I find the tension building and the music to work really well overall.
Dec 29, 2020 10:41 PM
Apr 2020
Sister Krone is mad/crazy af!

So the traitor is Ray! He tricked the traitor! Sugoi Norman!

Jan 4, 2021 12:35 AM

Aug 2019
damn that twist at the end got me honestly
Jan 12, 2021 12:48 PM

Apr 2020
So Krone and Mama both had spies.
Gilda chose to protect them and not betray them after all.

Then the one left is Don, but Its actually Ray? If it Ray then Norman never really told Don about the rope but instead, Ray is the only one who knows about it. Thus, he told Mama and now is caught red-handed.

Although I would think that Ray would be smarter than that even if he is the traitor. Damn \, I'm loving these episodes.
--AbiSa--
Jan 26, 2021 3:52 PM

Oct 2019
Norman is extremely smart.. If I understood correctly he placed two (or three) sheet ropes in order to test Gilda, Don and Ray. It appears that he told Gilda about the ceiling rope, then told Ray that he told Don about the bed rope (and Gilda about the ceiling rope) and then either hid a third rope elsewhere to test Don or tested him in a different way. I was quite certain that the traitor was Don after it was revealed that it wasn't Gilda. And Ray evidently did not inform "Mama" about both ropes since if both ropes vanished Norman would instantly realize he was the traitor.

No wait, what if Ray had written about the ceiling rope instead? OK ... I finally got it, the rope test was designed to test Ray and Ray alone. Norman never told Gilda and Don about the ropes. Perhaps he already tested them in some other way. The genius of this test is that it had a juicy bait built-in to blame one of two scapegoats as the traitor. Ray took the bait and chose to blame Don, apparently because he was the most plausible suspect.

Ray is a fool if he believed whatever "Mama" promised him. She is clearly a former "product" as well (it appears that both she and that psycho Krone have serial numbers on the left side of their necks but their tight collars hide them) and a current servant to / slave of the "Demons" (I think they are actually aliens) so there is no way in hell that she has the power to protect him from being killed and eaten. It's a false promise but Ray is not smart enough to see through it; if he had seen first hand the "Demons" and how subservient "Mama" was to them perhaps he would have understood that she lacks the power to protect him..

Brilliant show, I can't wait to watch the rest of the season and then start the second season!
Jan 28, 2021 6:31 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Suggestions accomplished.

Thats what happened here in general. Oh! Forgot to mention that those world had a world map like here? Reality? Not in some kind of fantasy world? Damn that was something unexpected for me, and i really wonder where they were exactly placing? I mean, which country? Lol.

Anyway, Mama Isabella had nothing to hide. She straight struck Krone right in her face about her just being Isabella's pawn. Yeah, no hesitate for her, because she had a fuckin spy. Lol at those huge sister reaction later on, pure of madness.

Also, they were exactly do the tag groups, by separating each into an exact different groups, and started out to share the situations to Don and Gilda. Well, Gilda. I knew she was pure. But Don, and the later scene purely caught off my guard. Because i don't really trusted Don. He had a motives to be the spy, related to Conny departure. But well, they decided to straight pointing out the real shit culprit without any suspense and hesitations. Lmao.

Ray. Why? Lets see next.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 5, 2021 2:32 PM
Jan 2021
The episode was pretty good, and that ending had me shook lol
Mar 26, 2021 11:12 AM

Aug 2020
What's happening with best boy Ray?? Cliffhangers are annoying :/
Mar 27, 2021 3:47 PM

Feb 2014
Well, Minerva's hideout didn´t last much as I can see xD
Aug 12, 2021 12:45 PM

Aug 2018
Damn these episodes always like to end on surprises that makes you want to watch next one instantly, that really was quite a surprise that Ray got called a traitor face to face.
Oct 23, 2021 10:41 AM

Jun 2016
She hasn't been there long, but already Krone is getting caught in Isabella's web. There is some tension between the pair, especially since Krone is trying to inherit Isabella's "Mom" position from under her. Isabella is clearly aware of this, going as far as to verbally threaten her.

Don and Gilda are aware of the plan to escape now, with the gang suspecting one of them is the "traitor". An odd cliffhanger ending to the episode, but hopefully it pays off in the next one.

I loved the three-odd uses of the POV shot. Great use of space and creation of tension.

Nov 5, 2021 5:39 AM

Jun 2020
Looks like they're still preparing some things on the way just to be sure and not hasting it, I swear Krone's impatientness is entertainment it's amusing to say

That weird change of POV is creeping me out but it keeps the immersive experience nonetheless, and they've told Don and Gilda about the truth now I'm sure it's going to get involved with spies

So Gilda is the spy huh I'm not even surprised although Emma got it wrong, Even though they've checked it someone's framing Don, and oh what's this Ray is suspected to be another spy can't be too comfortable now.
Mar 5, 2022 2:07 AM

Nov 2014
It was Ray?! Oh god...
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Apr 19, 2022 2:12 AM
Jul 2016
How did Isabella know Krone was conspiring against her?

Simply by her actions? Re: too closely observing the kids and playing tag with them to gage their skills or did she overhear her ramblings? Thing is many characters talk way too much about sensitive matters while likely being within earshot of someone else. Except for when it's obvious there's a third party watching like Gila in the forest, I though they were doing it for narrative purposes. But it seems certain covnos are being overheard without knowing which ones. If so it's a slight flaw to an otherwise good show and makes Krone's character seem dumb(or is she intended to be that crazy/unstable?).
Oct 7, 2022 10:18 AM

Jan 2021
Emo boy is bad? Who'dve guessed
Oct 9, 2022 1:04 PM
Dec 2021
that plot twist at the end... what the fuck
Feb 8, 2023 7:57 AM

Jan 2013
When Norman was talking about taking the spy with them I thought maybe Norman wanted approval for his actions and still escape.
But I guess in this case he was talking about Ray and still accepting him despite his betrayal.
That said, they can easily take advantage of Ray being a mole though, the mole doing the mole work for the kids ^^

Love how smart these kids are though.

PrOxAntoFeb 8, 2023 8:00 AM
Apr 27, 2023 12:03 AM

Mar 2019
CALLED IT ON THE TRAITOR PLOT TWIST. now i am upset though.
Aug 17, 2023 3:43 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Jan 1, 1:47 PM

Dec 2022
Knew it was too easy to assume it was Gilda, but Norman seems to think Rey is the spy, which is not something you often see from main characters.

Shaded Horizon

Jan 24, 10:40 AM

Jul 2016
I suspected Gilda for so long that I never considred the possibility of a traitor among the original trio. RIP to all their plans so far if it really is Ray.
Feb 22, 7:35 PM
Sep 2019
tooooo realistic
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

567 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2019

280 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 12, 6:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.