Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Which character do you dislike the most?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 4, 2019 3:21 PM

Sep 2016
Killuan said:
loolz said:

So you like something about her character, good for you. Maybe in the future you will get bored with this type of character "Mc saved me, now I must serve him forever because I must"

Is loyalty such a bad quality to have? At least Raphtalia has a legitimate reason for her loyalty. Their relationship is very wholesome. Regardless, Raphtalia is her own character. She is loyal, but she is invaluable to Naofumi in ways beyond her devotion to him. She is his sense of reason(and moral compass?). When Naofumi is making a rash or bad decision she will protest and she has enough weight in their partnership to where he often listens to her. She's also a bad ass in battle and works as his accountant to keep track of his money expenditures. She's strong, loyal, rational, intelligent...those are all such "terrible" qualities.

Needless to say, is Raphtalia's character really more worthy of hate than those three assholes in the poll?

I dont Hate her. I just Dislike her because she has all the generic traits, an otaku would want in his "ideal" waifu, there is no complexity about her at all. Her meeting with the mc just screams "Will of the plot" I mean she happened to be saved by the mc in the most perfect moment, at the most important time for her and the mc suddenly wakes up with the perfect companion next to him, and "Heroine/Hero s home is attacked by monsters and all the people he/she know are gone" Is another overused trope in the fantasy genre, personified here by Raphtalia
Feb 4, 2019 3:40 PM

Apr 2007
loolz said:
Killuan said:

Is loyalty such a bad quality to have? At least Raphtalia has a legitimate reason for her loyalty. Their relationship is very wholesome. Regardless, Raphtalia is her own character. She is loyal, but she is invaluable to Naofumi in ways beyond her devotion to him. She is his sense of reason(and moral compass?). When Naofumi is making a rash or bad decision she will protest and she has enough weight in their partnership to where he often listens to her. She's also a bad ass in battle and works as his accountant to keep track of his money expenditures. She's strong, loyal, rational, intelligent...those are all such "terrible" qualities.

Needless to say, is Raphtalia's character really more worthy of hate than those three assholes in the poll?

I dont Hate her. I just Dislike her because she has all the generic traits, an otaku would want in his "ideal" waifu, there is no complexity about her at all. Her meeting with the mc just screams "Will of the plot" I mean she happened to be saved by the mc in the most perfect moment, at the most important time for her and the mc suddenly wakes up with the perfect companion next to him, and "Heroine/Hero s home is attacked by monsters and all the people he/she know are gone" Is another overused trope in the fantasy genre, personified here by Raphtalia

Fair enough, but little of that really has to do with her character. That's just how they used her backstory to bring her to the slave trader so the MC can bring her under his wing. Yeah she's moe, and yeah they ramped up her tragic elements to compound that moe. She still has a lot to her character beyond that. I think you can dislike the trope without disliking every character that's part of it.
Feb 4, 2019 3:45 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, what a surprise!

Everyone hates her?!?!

No shit... (:
Feb 4, 2019 11:10 PM
Jun 2017
Just see the name of Myne or Malty (as Mal used), click instantly that one. I mean just seeing her in an episode made me piss already. I just hope one day she will be punished..
Feb 5, 2019 12:45 PM

Dec 2016
Gonna say that Myne gets far too much hate. It is hardly her fault that she is surrounded by idiots; what else is she going to do but manipulate them for maximum personal gain? I say more power to her.

loolz said:
So you like something about her character, good for you. Maybe in the future you will get bored with this type of character "Mc saved me, now I must serve him forever because I must"

Definitely agree with this point. Weak writing, generic character.
Feb 5, 2019 12:56 PM

Apr 2007
SSL443 said:
Gonna say that Myne gets far too much hate. It is hardly her fault that she is surrounded by idiots; what else is she going to do but manipulate them for maximum personal gain? I say more power to her.

loolz said:

Definitely agree with this point. Weak writing, generic character.

Atleast you're being honest with yourself now. No point to camouflage being a troll. Just accept yourself for what you are.
Feb 5, 2019 12:57 PM

Dec 2016
Killuan said:
Atleast you're being honest with yourself now. No point to camouflage being a troll. Just accept yourself for what you are.

So now I can't even be edgy without being branded a troll. Nice meme.
Feb 5, 2019 1:00 PM

Apr 2007
SSL443 said:
Killuan said:

So now I can't even be edgy without being branded a troll. Nice meme.

That comment screams "I want attention" -- I guess I did respond, so well played.
Feb 5, 2019 1:02 PM

Dec 2016
Killuan said:
That comment screams "I want attention" -- I guess I did respond, so well played.

For the record I was being serious about Myne, so you kind of played yourself.
Feb 5, 2019 1:05 PM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
I went from "Myne is kinda cute" to "KILL THAT STUPID B****, SHE DESERVES TO DIE", so... It's not that I like the King or the Spear Hero, but they aren't as bad as her...

But hey, I'd watch this anime if every character was Raphtalia, I don't need anyone else in this. :p

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Feb 5, 2019 1:10 PM

Apr 2007
SSL443 said:
Killuan said:

For the record I was being serious about Myne, so you kind of played yourself.

Doubtful. It doesn't take much thought to understand why she's hated. It doesn't matter if the characters are idiots or not, she's abusing her power to make Naofumi's life a living hell. She only needed to plant her seed into the resident white knight and that was enough to follow through with her plans. She's racist af against demi humans. She's massively hypocritical and she has no conscience. Hate and dislike are an opinion formed based on a persons character, and Malty's character is rotten to the core.

Regardless, even if you think that about Malty or Raphtalia the wording is intentionally intended to instigate a reaction.
Feb 5, 2019 1:16 PM

Oct 2013
The annoying MC, ofc
Feb 5, 2019 1:19 PM

May 2014
Killuan said:
I don't even have to look at the poll results to know this will be the first and the only poll that Malty will dominate.

Yeah I wouldn't be upset if she got murdered
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
Feb 5, 2019 1:46 PM

Dec 2016
Killuan said:
Doubtful. It doesn't take much thought to understand why she's hated. It doesn't matter if the characters are idiots or not, she's abusing her power to make Naofumi's life a living hell. She only needed to plant her seed into the resident white knight and that was enough to follow through with her plans. She's racist af against demi humans. She's massively hypocritical and she has no conscience. Hate and dislike are an opinion formed based on a persons character, and Malty's character is rotten to the core.

Regardless, even if you think that about Malty or Raphtalia the wording is intentionally intended to instigate a reaction.

Can you really fault someone for acting accoring to their nature? I blame her parents, the king is obviously a miscreant and her mother is nowhere to be seen even now. She's had no positive influences in her oppressive, upper-class life and is thus forced to turn to duplicity to feel validated and empowered. When you really think about it, she's as much a victim as Naofumi.
Feb 5, 2019 2:03 PM

Jul 2015
SSL443 said:
Killuan said:

Can you really fault someone for acting accoring to their nature? I blame her parents, the king is obviously a miscreant and her mother is nowhere to be seen even now. She's had no positive influences in her oppressive, upper-class life and is thus forced to turn to duplicity to feel validated and empowered. When you really think about it, she's as much a victim as Naofumi.

She's grown enough to know the difference between right and wrong, it's not like she's some little kid who doesn't know any better.
Feb 5, 2019 2:05 PM

Apr 2007
SSL443 said:
Killuan said:

Yeah bullshit. Adults are accountable for their own actions. She's not a victim. She's at the top echelon of society with enough privilege to feed a whole country of starving children. The king also has a second daughter who is basically the complete opposite of Malty. You can use that same shoddy logic to excuse the heinous actions of anyone.

KilluanFeb 5, 2019 2:09 PM
Feb 5, 2019 2:30 PM

Dec 2016
Killuan said:
Yeah bullshit. Adults are accountable for their own actions. She's not a victim. She's at the top echelon of society with enough privilege to feed a whole country of starving children. The king also has a second daughter who is basically the complete opposite of Malty. You can use that same shoddy logic to excuse the heinous actions of anyone.

Your viewpoint is tainted by 21st century sensibilities. Standards of morals and right and wrong have been different throughout history, and this is a fantasy world on top of that. We already know that their gynocentric society views crime and punishment differently than how we might through a modern lens, so who's to say that Myne is that far outside of what would be considered acceptable? There could be all kinds of societal, cultural, familial, political, and other things ending in "al" that have shaped her character into what we see in this series.

Prejudging her based on our lofty sense of contemporary ethics is a little rich, imo.
Feb 5, 2019 2:32 PM

Apr 2007
SSL443 said:
Killuan said:

Your viewpoint is tainted by 21st century sensibilities. Standards of morals and right and wrong have been different throughout history, and this is a fantasy world on top of that. We already know that their gynocentric society views crime and punishment differently than how we might through a modern lens, so who's to say that Myne is that far outside of what would be considered acceptable? There could be all kinds of societal, cultural, familial, political, and other things ending in "al" that have shaped her character into what we see in this series.

Prejudging her based on our lofty sense of contemporary ethics is a little rich, imo.

We're using 21century logic to discern what character we dislike the most. Malty has every characteristic worthy of scorn. What century are you living in?

In the end you're only trying to justify why she's a terrible person. It doesn't change the fact that she is one, nor does it change the fact that she doesn't have a single likable quality.
Feb 5, 2019 2:38 PM

Dec 2016
Killuan said:
We're using 21century logic to discern what character we dislike the most. Malty has every characteristic worthy of scorn. What century are you living in?

In the end you're only trying to justify why she's a terrible person. It doesn't change the fact that she is one, nor does it change the fact that she doesn't have a single likable quality.

We can't expect these characters to behave in accordance with 21st century logic, so why would be judge them by that logic? That's hypocrisy.
Feb 5, 2019 2:51 PM

Apr 2007
SSL443 said:
Killuan said:

We can't expect these characters to behave in accordance with 21st century logic, so why would be judge them by that logic? That's hypocrisy.
I don't think you know what hypocrisy means nor do I think you know what this poll is about. I guess Stalin and Hitler are excused for their actions because much of their respective countries supported them,right? You are hurting my brain so I will stop now.
Feb 5, 2019 2:52 PM

Dec 2016
Killuan said:
I don't think you know what hypocrisy means nor do I think you know what this poll is about. I guess Stalin and Hitler are excuses for their actions because much of their respective countries supported them,right? You are hurting my brain so I will stop now.

Aaand he went there. In case you forget, Stalin and Hitler lived in the 20th century and were real people, so they are fair game.
Feb 5, 2019 3:39 PM

Feb 2014
I'm pretty sure the King's name is Trash
Feb 5, 2019 3:45 PM

Dec 2014
what ever happened to the literal human/demi-human trafficker? He's just casually there it feels a bit off
Feb 5, 2019 4:40 PM

Jan 2018
I bet I can guess how Reigen voted on this.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Feb 5, 2019 9:57 PM
Aug 2018
Kerozinn said:
the main character for being a whiny bitch

Wait you talking about Naofumi because he doesn’t bitch at all at least for the first three episodes that I’ve seen
Feb 5, 2019 10:21 PM

May 2013
Definitely Motoyasu. The other two are clearly shitty people, so it's easier to except what they're doing. Motoyasu on the other hand is a misguided, gullible, idiot, but not a bad person. It's infuriating to see him be wrong about literally everything.
Feb 5, 2019 11:18 PM
Dec 2018
I thought no I hate the king the most because there really are politicians like that. Or at least powerful people that can basically do anything because they have enough money and influence that nobody can touch them. And then there’s people that blatantly don’t give a crap about facts and just believe whoever has the biggest pocketbook, or are blatantly favoring someone unfairly.
Feb 6, 2019 2:25 PM

Sep 2018
Killuan said:

In fact, it was confirmed at the beginning of episode 5 that Malty talked the king into doing whatever he can to screw Naofumi over (assuming that was the topic). 21st century logic or not, she's a shitty person regardless.
Apr 29, 2020 6:51 AM

Mar 2016
Malty has absolutely no redeeming or justifiable means going for her. She is simply pure trash and an epitome of scumbaggery.

Spear Hero is trash, too, but at the core he’s simply one big fucking perverted dumbass.

The King is actually VERY slightly justified (which says a lot), because he actually has some traumatic history involving Demi-humans to somewhat defend his motives. Still very shitty logic he has.
May 10, 2020 6:51 PM
May 2016
spear hero, mostly because he's a pedophile. I don't like Malty either, obviously, but she's like a cartoon villain, there's something entertaining about her. I would honestly say that I hate Malty the least of the three, because I hate the king as a close second out of the three, because in this season, they never really elaborated on why he hates the Shield Hero.

It's explained in the Light novel, but if it was cut out, that's a bad adaptation, and if it was saved for later, that's bad writing, because that's something extremely important that was put off too long, and I find it highly unlikely that it wasn't mentioned for so long
May 10, 2020 7:11 PM

Jul 2019
The Spear Hero and the King were the worst. Of course Malty was the start of it but the Spear Hero and the King were a no go
May 11, 2020 1:13 PM
Jul 2018
Where is the Filo button.
Nov 8, 2020 10:52 AM
Sep 2009
all 3 chars are terrible but having read the wn i rate them a bit differently from those that only watched the anime
king redeems himself later in the story
bitch stays as an utter piece of sh....ahem...but at least she is only ever a background player for the most part
the one i hate the most by far is spear turd...he is not only a complete dumbass who is easily fooled by malty and continuously takes dumb actions from beginning of the story til the end but he is by far the creepiest character in the series too(thats saying something with the slave dealer and his brood)
just re reading the wn now and i end up skipping several scenes with him involved because he is just so annoying...
also the other 2 hero's are pretty damn stupid too and get fooled by the bitch too somehow...i guess brain power isnt on the list of essential skills when choosing heroes...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2019

219 by SanessyAdversary »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2019

236 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2019

292 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 23, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

270 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 23, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2019

355 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 22, 9:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.