Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Feb 2, 2019 6:04 AM

Aug 2018
mecegirl said:
Cleckeroo said:

I also think that isn't LAZY WRITING in fact the series itself is quite deep if you ask me. Also there are things that you should confirm in the future episode before you formulate your conclusion about who is the antagonist of the story.

I've read the manga .... I know what happens in the future for a good bit. So my opinions are a bit biased but they are fully formed. It doesn't get much better as far as the three heroes are concerned, trust me. Now there are other antagonists that are worth dealing with. And Naofumi and his relationship with characters yet to be revealed is great. That dosn't change the fact that the three heroes have flat characterizations.

The term antagonist does not equal villain by the way. It's a general term for any character that has goals counter to the protagonists. So at this point in the story the three heroes and the Kingdom are the antagonists. Also, lets say I was new to this story. The story has to hook me and keep me hooked. There has to be enough good parts to keep me interested til I get to the better parts. So saying it gets better later does shit if it looses me now. There are too many animes and mangas out there for me to judge this story as if its the only isekai.

And, we are allowed to judge media. We are allowed to state what characters and concepts work and which ones do not. We can do so while enjoying it overall because our brain's are big enough to process such things. It's a message board for discussing the show after all, what do you expect? Continued declarative statements about how Raphtalia is the best girl?

Okay, yeah. She is the best girl! But also the three heroes are not very engaging as antagonists because of how one note their characters are. The story can be deep in some aspects and shallow in others. Naofumi's relationship with his found family in this world is very deep, could be deeper if the story's plot didn't have to keep snapping back to the waves. The three heroes are not deep to the point of rampant stupidity. Spoilers, but its the kind of stupidity that puts them in harms way again and again. The kind that puts innocent people in harms way again and again. And the kind that makes simple tasks way harder than it should be. And all to prop up their arrogance and narrow world view.

If you go farther from the manga to the LN itself you can see that the 3 heroes has a great character development,
, I wont spoil you further for your sake. And trust me there are antagonists in this series that is more worth mentioning besides the 3 idiots.

This is a series that you shouldn't taking lightly because of plot twists that can change your perspective on that character. You will see that this series is really special when it comes to storytelling character development. In the past I think isekai is one of the best genres out there and it suddenly becomes mainstream and many authors tried to embrace and recreate it by shits, but this one is special.
CleckerooFeb 2, 2019 6:11 AM
Feb 2, 2019 6:44 AM
Jul 2015
Cleckeroo said:
mecegirl said:

I've read the manga .... I know what happens in the future for a good bit. So my opinions are a bit biased but they are fully formed. It doesn't get much better as far as the three heroes are concerned, trust me. Now there are other antagonists that are worth dealing with. And Naofumi and his relationship with characters yet to be revealed is great. That dosn't change the fact that the three heroes have flat characterizations.

The term antagonist does not equal villain by the way. It's a general term for any character that has goals counter to the protagonists. So at this point in the story the three heroes and the Kingdom are the antagonists. Also, lets say I was new to this story. The story has to hook me and keep me hooked. There has to be enough good parts to keep me interested til I get to the better parts. So saying it gets better later does shit if it looses me now. There are too many animes and mangas out there for me to judge this story as if its the only isekai.

And, we are allowed to judge media. We are allowed to state what characters and concepts work and which ones do not. We can do so while enjoying it overall because our brain's are big enough to process such things. It's a message board for discussing the show after all, what do you expect? Continued declarative statements about how Raphtalia is the best girl?

Okay, yeah. She is the best girl! But also the three heroes are not very engaging as antagonists because of how one note their characters are. The story can be deep in some aspects and shallow in others. Naofumi's relationship with his found family in this world is very deep, could be deeper if the story's plot didn't have to keep snapping back to the waves. The three heroes are not deep to the point of rampant stupidity. Spoilers, but its the kind of stupidity that puts them in harms way again and again. The kind that puts innocent people in harms way again and again. And the kind that makes simple tasks way harder than it should be. And all to prop up their arrogance and narrow world view.

If you go farther from the manga to the LN itself you can see that the 3 heroes has a great character development,
, I wont spoil you further for your sake. And trust me there are antagonists in this series that is more worth mentioning besides the 3 idiots.

This is a series that you shouldn't taking lightly because of plot twists that can change your perspective on that character. You will see that this series is really special when it comes to storytelling character development. In the past I think isekai is one of the best genres out there and it suddenly becomes mainstream and many authors tried to embrace and recreate it by shits, but this one is special.

Like I already said. It has to get me to that point. The story right now has to be engaging enough so that I don't drop it in between episodes or as far as the manga is concerned scanlations. It getting better later isn't always worth slogging through stiff characterizations now. Right now the three of them could die I and wouldn't miss them. A character in the manga has already suggested they should die and I agree! As far as the manga goes, I've already decided to give it a break. I may jump back into it but its on the back burner for me.

No offence but your word isn't worth anything to me. I don't know you. And I don't know your taste in stories. We may have opposite qualifications for good story telling, and books you love could very well be books I hate, and vice versa. So the story has to speak to me for itself. Right now its whatever and I'm watching the anime to see if they improve on what has been portrayed in the manga.
mecegirlFeb 2, 2019 6:51 AM
Feb 2, 2019 7:22 AM

May 2015
Oh god, it was painful to watch. Not because I feel bad for Naofumi but because how exaggerated their attitude towards Shield Hero is. At least someone noticed how fishy everything is, but still, those people are just the worse and it feels so forced.
Feb 2, 2019 7:48 AM
Jan 2015
My thoughts in this episode are same as earlier episode

Die Bitch , Die Bitch , Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch, Die Bitch.

I want her to be actually raped , by goblins .
Feb 2, 2019 8:12 AM

Aug 2018
mecegirl said:
Cleckeroo said:

Like I already said. It has to get me to that point. The story right now has to be engaging enough so that I don't drop it in between episodes or as far as the manga is concerned scanlations. It getting better later isn't always worth slogging through stiff characterizations now. Right now the three of them could die I and wouldn't miss them. A character in the manga has already suggested they should die and I agree! As far as the manga goes, I've already decided to give it a break. I may jump back into it but its on the back burner for me.

No offence but your word isn't worth anything to me. I don't know you. And I don't know your taste in stories. We may have opposite qualifications for good story telling, and books you love could very well be books I hate, and vice versa. So the story has to speak to me for itself. Right now its whatever and I'm watching the anime to see if they improve on what has been portrayed in the manga.

Nah it's okay I agree with the part of we have different perspectives when it comes to story telling. But I don't think they have stiff characteristics. If I can compare them to real people more like an experienced gamer in a forum that boasts their skills before even try the actual game. When I first read the novel (web) I always thought that their are important characters later, well it doesn't make sense that the author have 4 summoned heroes with no character development for each right.

That's my style of reading I always predicting that something interesting will happen involving that character, if my prediction is wrong well I just enjoy the material by not complaining.
CleckerooFeb 2, 2019 8:15 AM
Feb 2, 2019 8:28 AM
Jul 2015
Cleckeroo said:
mecegirl said:

Nah it's okay I agree with the part of we have different perspectives when it comes to story telling. But I don't think they have stiff characteristics, more like an experienced gamer in a forum that boasts their skills before even try the actual game, when I first read the novel (web) I always thought that their are important characters later, well it doesn't make sense that the author have 4 summoned heroes with no character development for each right.

That's my style of reading I always predicting that something interesting will happen involving that character, if my prediction is wrong well I just enjoy the material by not complaining.

The three need better side characters in my opinion. They need proper foils. Without Raphtalia Naofumi would just be a bitter asshole. Granted he has reason to be bitter, but bitterness alone would be boring. Bitterness alone is not a good driver of events. It is through their relationship (and other people Naofumi learns to trust) that we get to see other more redemable qualities within his character. It also gives him a reason to stay/try to save the kingdom that has treated him so badly. Seeing him open up to her gives me hope and ramps up the anticipation for future events.

The three heroes have been shown to be arrogant, naive, and stupid to varying degrees. The people within their parties are just as bad or not worse.
They obviously just think this is a game. I can tell just from what I've read in the manga,
that the three heroes are going to have to hit rock bottom before they start behaving like they have any sense. It's just that for me I don't have enough attachment to them as characters to wait for their character development to really happen. Like they could die and the story could turn solely into Naofumi
instead and I would love it. I doubt that is all that is going to happen though. He is going to imo waste time on these fuck heads for a few more chapters. And I'd rather just read about him figuring out what's going on with the waves.
mecegirlFeb 2, 2019 8:33 AM
Feb 2, 2019 8:32 AM

Nov 2011
Ten said:
Oh god, it was painful to watch. Not because I feel bad for Naofumi but because how exaggerated their attitude towards Shield Hero is. At least someone noticed how fishy everything is, but still, those people are just the worse and it feels so forced.
It feels forced because it hasn't been revealed yet, why they all treat him like he's Actually Satan. People complaining that it feels forced, has caused the meaning of "forced" to lose its meaning. Like, christ pay attention to the minute details and you'll figure out that it's not forced.
Feb 2, 2019 8:39 AM

Aug 2018
mecegirl said:
Cleckeroo said:

Nah it's okay I agree with the part of we have different perspectives when it comes to story telling. But I don't think they have stiff characteristics, more like an experienced gamer in a forum that boasts their skills before even try the actual game, when I first read the novel (web) I always thought that their are important characters later, well it doesn't make sense that the author have 4 summoned heroes with no character development for each right.

The three need better side characters in my opinion. They need proper foils. Without Raphtalia Naofumi would just be a bitter asshole. Granted he has reason to be bitter, but bitterness alone would be boring. Bitterness alone is not a good driver of events. It is through their relationship (and other people Naofumi learns to trust) that we get to see other more redemable qualities within his character. It also gives him a reason to stay/try to save the kingdom that has treated him so badly. Seeing him open up to her gives me hope and ramps up the anticipation for future events.

The three heroes have been shown to be arrogant, naive, and stupid to varying degrees. The people within their parties are just as bad or not worse.
They obviously just think this is a game. I can tell just from what I've read in the manga[spoilers] The turtle has appeared and Naofumi is trying to catch up to the three heroes before they get killed.[/spoiler] that the three heroes are going to have to hit rock bottom before they start behaving like they have any sense. It's just that for me I don't have enough attachment to them as characters to wait for their character development to really happen. Like the could die and the story could turn solely into Naofumi
instead and I would love it. I doubt that is all that is going to happen though.

Well the story is for Naofumi only they are just side characters but I agree with you with that statement,
In the 3 heroes I like Ren the most because
. But yeah I won't argue with you anymore with the side characters, we all.have different preferences like you said.
Feb 2, 2019 10:51 AM

May 2015
Demyx_IX said:
Ten said:
It feels forced because it hasn't been revealed yet, why they all treat him like he's Actually Satan. People complaining that it feels forced, has caused the meaning of "forced" to lose its meaning. Like, christ pay attention to the minute details and you'll figure out that it's not forced.

It doesn't really matter. I've heard already people saying how everything will make sense later on and that there is the reason to the hate. The problem is with the way the story is told. Whatever is revealed later will be later, right now it feels forced and almost silly. Good storytelling is supposed to be more subtle with these things and not rely on the promises of those who already read the story that all will come together but keep the current events look reasonable as well. Maybe it's the adaptation and the source material handled it better, I don't know. But it doesn't change how over the top the events look at the moment.
Feb 2, 2019 11:20 AM

Nov 2011
Ten said:
Demyx_IX said:

It doesn't really matter. I've heard already people saying how everything will make sense later on and that there is the reason to the hate. The problem is with the way the story is told. Whatever is revealed later will be later, right now it feels forced and almost silly. Good storytelling is supposed to be more subtle with these things and not rely on the promises of those who already read the story that all will come together but keep the current events look reasonable as well. Maybe it's the adaptation and the source material handled it better, I don't know. But it doesn't change how over the top the events look at the moment.
No offense, but the more you write, the more it sounds like you're sayng; "How dare they not explain everything as soon as it comes up. This is lazy writing and forced adversity and it angers me that I have to wait to get my answers."
Feb 2, 2019 11:42 AM
Sep 2015
the episode is great because even though i read the manga, it still triggers me and the way story flows its much better than the LN or manga. i dont understand why some idiots say "lazy writing" or "overusing the victim scene" etc... it sounds idiotic and you make the fool out of yourself in front of other people that have a normally function brain...

its 4th episode.. still 21 to go.. why going too far as saying this anime is lazy etc.. just enjoy it first then after its done, you can try to convict the anime's mistake..

otherwise you're just another idiot who claim this anime is "the Worst anime of the year" because of the slavery, overused victim scene and also lazy writing...
Feb 2, 2019 11:48 AM

May 2015
Demyx_IX said:
Ten said:

No offense, but the more you write, the more it sounds like you're sayng; "How dare they not explain everything as soon as it comes up. This is lazy writing and forced adversity and it angers me that I have to wait to get my answers."

Well, you read it wrong because I have no such strong feelings about this anime and I don't want everything explained right away. I don't even hate the premise of everyone hating the MC but I don't like the way it's done here. Some things bother me and I can't take the story as seriously as it takes itself, that's it.
Feb 2, 2019 2:24 PM

Jul 2010
Hatsuyuki said:
So Raphtalia is bent on creating a whole new level of best girl.

Completely agree.

She needs to slap that bitch next time.
Feb 2, 2019 10:02 PM
Aug 2017
This anime should have a psychological tag. DAMN that shit was harsh, bitch Myne pissed me off and that delusional spear fucker. I was ready to see some genocide from Naofumi and then best girl Raphtalia saves the day! Goddamn the feels, he finally reached solace and the other 2 heroes finally believe Naofumi! Its also interesting he only saw her as a kid until that, guess he still had some doubts but I like where the character development is going. Best ep so far.
Feb 2, 2019 10:06 PM

Dec 2016
AForgottenSoul said:
They already think hes guilty based on what he did to that girl but after seeing her dirty tactics in from of them they will start to realise?

Even though they may hate Naofumi they still respect a duel 1 on 1, its not that hard to grasp.

I'm not saying it is hard to grasp, I'm saying that they lack the characterization needed to contextualize their role in the story. They are no more than devices of the plot, which constitutes poor/lazy writing.

AForgottenSoul said:
I disagree based on all that set up they obviously did have a reason to doubt the shield hero, i dont think they are doing what the plot need's them to do..

What setup? They have zero negative interactions with the shield hero. The only thing they might assume is that he is a "noob" because that is supposedly the only type of player that would play a shield. Since none of them chose their class, it makes no sense that they would prejudge him for even that reason.
Feb 2, 2019 10:44 PM

Dec 2016
coolxal said:
Clearly you're new to this world.

White Knights and SJWs are a thing. In fact, they're a sizable majority nowadays (at least in western society).

You must've never seen how quickly fake rape accusations (mattress girl) can quickly destroy someone's reputation.

And that would be perfectly fine, if these two characters had been established as white knights or SJWs.

This is the core of my argument. Not that their actions make no sense in absolute terms, but in absence of any characterization.

You cannot reach a pivotal moment in the plot and have characters suddenly behaving differently than they did before, especially if it is to move the story in a certain direction. Doing so constitutes bad writing.
Feb 3, 2019 12:27 AM

Aug 2015
I'm loving the show so far. And this episode was so good. I'm hoping to see if that curse really turns into anything. Can't wait to see what happens next.
So many boobs in fairy tail, it's crazy.
Feb 3, 2019 2:16 AM

Apr 2016
Raphtalia is too good, too pure for this world. ♡
Feb 3, 2019 2:48 AM

Feb 2017
cool epilogue for first arc

nice to see the fact that full damage dealer cannot do anything without or win against utility, tank, all around build

Buff, debuff, crowd control, resistance, recovery, heal, companion > damage

DO NOT LEWD RACOON GIRL

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Feb 3, 2019 3:07 AM
Jan 2013
haters gonna hate for dumb nitpicky reasons

Its still not the end of everybodys character development.People in the real world do have biases,discrimiate and have their own agendas.Why is it bad writing to show that?

Feb 3, 2019 6:41 AM

Nov 2011
SSL443 said:
AForgottenSoul said:
They already think hes guilty based on what he did to that girl but after seeing her dirty tactics in from of them they will start to realise?

Even though they may hate Naofumi they still respect a duel 1 on 1, its not that hard to grasp.

I'm not saying it is hard to grasp, I'm saying that they lack the characterization needed to contextualize their role in the story. They are no more than devices of the plot, which constitutes poor/lazy writing.

AForgottenSoul said:
I disagree based on all that set up they obviously did have a reason to doubt the shield hero, i dont think they are doing what the plot need's them to do..

What setup? They have zero negative interactions with the shield hero. The only thing they might assume is that he is a "noob" because that is supposedly the only type of player that would play a shield. Since none of them chose their class, it makes no sense that they would prejudge him for even that reason.
Here we go again with the whole lazy/bad writing without offering any advice on how to improve it. With the amount of times you and Kamiyan throw the term around, it has completely lost its meaning.

This is bad/lazy writing, that's bad/lazy writing. Everything that I don't like is bad and lazy writing! You two are literally the Oprah Winfreys of saying that something is bad/lazy writing.
Demyx_IXFeb 3, 2019 6:45 AM
Feb 3, 2019 8:13 AM

Jan 2015
I can't stand the king, Myne and Spear. Poor Naofumi but at least he has Raphtalia.
Very good episode.
Feb 3, 2019 8:35 AM

Apr 2015
I think some things weren't explicitly made clear in the anime as well as it could have been so some people will undoubtedly question stuff like the writing. But that's to be expected from a LN to anime adaption. Like, in the LN it was quite obvious naofumi was heavily impacted by the betrayal and how much the world seemed against him that he could no longer taste food. But in the anime, it mostly came across to me as an 'attitude' where he just didn't want to eat.

Anyways for those with doubts about the 'lazy writing', stuff will be made clear when the time is right.
Feb 3, 2019 8:38 AM

Apr 2007
Araragi said:
I think some things weren't explicitly made clear in the anime as well as it could have been so some people will undoubtedly question stuff like the writing. But that's to be expected from a LN to anime adaption. Like, in the LN it was quite obvious naofumi was heavily impacted by the betrayal and how much the world seemed against him that he could no longer taste food. But in the anime, it mostly came across to me as an 'attitude' where he just didn't want to eat.

Anyways for those with doubts about the 'writing', stuff will be made clear when the time is right.

In episode 2 he did comment "I still don't taste a thing"
Feb 3, 2019 8:39 AM

Apr 2015
Killuan said:

In episode 2 he did comment "I still don't taste a thing"

Ah, must've missed that then. Fair enough.
Feb 3, 2019 8:52 AM

Apr 2015
LOL at the dude who said that the hate for naofumi seems over the top and not handled well when naruto was unfairly hated in a similarly over the top fashion. Nine tailed fox killed many villagers and naofumi is accused of trying to rape a princess despite being a hero. But naruto didnt ask to be a jinchuriki. Naofumi never asked to be summoned as a hero. However, naofumi has to deal with the extra layer of not only being an accused rapist but also for being the shield hero, as well as the king and princess clearly manipulating information about him. As ratphalia clearly said to motoyasu "what do you even know about him?"

Heh I never really compared naofumi and naruto before this post but now that I think about it their situation overlaps a lot. Difference is naruto is an annoying talk no jutsu mc while naofumi is edgy and conniving, which makes him a lot more entertaining to watch.

That said, I'm not particularly defending this. I read the LN and back then I loved shield hero a lot but when I look back at it it's only above average. There's just a lot more world building and characters to see which make it a pretty fun series to follow. And well, it is an isekai, so it's just wish fulfillment at the end of the day (and in this case a lot of edge).
AraragiFeb 3, 2019 9:08 AM
Feb 3, 2019 11:13 AM

Mar 2016
I smell masterpiece ... do you guys smell it too??

Feb 3, 2019 2:23 PM

Jul 2015
Ten said:
Demyx_IX said:

I agree with you on that, for you are only going by what the anime has shown so far and not defaulting to what happens later on in the manga/LN. It's one of the things people should try not to get into too much when using the source material to make up for what the anime has or has not done regardless of what happens later.
Feb 3, 2019 2:31 PM

Apr 2007
terminador_2397 said:
Ten said:

I agree with you on that, for you are only going by what the anime has shown so far and not defaulting to what happens later on in the manga/LN. It's one of the things people should try not to get into too much when using the source material to make up for what the anime has or has not
done regardless of what happens later.

The anime will explain things though, you won't need to read the LN or the manga. It's just that at 4 episodes in there will still be things that don't make sense. Not every plot point is explained the same episode that they're introduced.

This type of criticism should be reserved for the final verdict of a series after it has reached its conclusion. Otherwise you're just looking for flimsy excuses to make the anime look worse than it really is.
KilluanFeb 3, 2019 2:38 PM
Feb 3, 2019 3:37 PM

Nov 2011
terminador_2397 said:
Ten said:

I agree with you on that, for you are only going by what the anime has shown so far and not defaulting to what happens later on in the manga/LN. It's one of the things people should try not to get into too much when using the source material to make up for what the anime has or has not done regardless of what happens later.

You really shouldn't agree with it, because even in the LN they don't reveal what's going on until the 3rd book, which at the current pace should be close to the end of the first cour.
Feb 3, 2019 3:56 PM

Dec 2016
Demyx_IX said:
Here we go again with the whole lazy/bad writing without offering any advice on how to improve it. With the amount of times you and Kamiyan throw the term around, it has completely lost its meaning.

This is bad/lazy writing, that's bad/lazy writing. Everything that I don't like is bad and lazy writing! You two are literally the Oprah Winfreys of saying that something is bad/lazy writing.

Not sure why you're getting so emotional. I've been consistent and focused with what I have called bad writing, and the ways to improve it have been implicit in my criticism. Although I'm not sure why I am under any obligation to do the author's job for them.
Feb 3, 2019 5:20 PM
Jan 2019
Black Clover, Goblin Slayer, and Shield Hero.... all three have better manga than anime.
Feb 3, 2019 5:25 PM
Feb 2019
Well, I just watched this 4 eps (didn't read the manga at all).

Very good anime, but pretty common what it will happens.

The spear guy is way too dumb and will die pretty fast (and sooner).

The shield guy is of course the tough one, and he will be the TRUE hero.

That Cursed thing (after he went into dark mode) will be very interesting to see.

Btw, what an ultra bitch "princess" (my ass), let's all hope she slowly dies raped by goblins.
Feb 3, 2019 7:08 PM

Sep 2018
SSL443 said:
Not sure why you're getting so emotional. I've been consistent and focused with what I have called bad writing, and the ways to improve it have been implicit in my criticism. Although I'm not sure why I am under any obligation to do the author's job for them.

Honestly, your elaboration has been very poor. You make a claim, but you don't give out explicit examples and as a result, your criticisms are nothing more than a word salad. The use of complex vocabulary makes your arguments appear well thought out, but it is nothing more than a thin mask because you never explain beyond that layer. Ultimately, your use of "bad writing" is as buzzworthy as the commonly overused label of "generic".
Feb 3, 2019 7:22 PM

Nov 2011
SSL443 said:
Demyx_IX said:

I have no idea why you think I'm getting "emotional" over it, I mean, I guess I'm getting annoyed that, EVERY. SINGLE. COMPLAINT. YOU. MAKE. STARTS. AND. ENDS. THE. SAME. WAY. No you don't, literally every time you say that there is bad writing, you only complain about how you think it's bad writing, not how you would improve it. And nobody is telling you to do the author's job, but the more you say it's bad writing without offering how you would personally have done it, it loses the value of saying that it's bad writing every time you say it. It's honestly a miracle to see more than one or two posts that you and Kamiyan write to not have 'bad/lazy writing' in it.

I honestly don't know if the author would even take your suggestions seriously, much less be presented them. Seeing as you're a random guy, on a random forum, complaining about something in his series that has made him quite a bit of money through the various mediums that tell the story he has written. So your excuse of not saying how you would have written it is a moot point.

Demyx_IXFeb 3, 2019 7:35 PM
Feb 3, 2019 7:51 PM
Oct 2015
mecegirl said:
The three heroes grow very slowly and if I had to guess(because it isn't explicitly stated in the manga) it's a combination of them being young and unaware of real consequences. They are treating things like a video game. At the point I am in in the manga I think the three are starting to understand that shit's real, but that may just be me hoping that no one is that stupid. lol.
The manga is at the start of the arc that teaches the other heroes reality in the hard way.

Minor Spoiler

mecegirl said:
The characters that will facilitate the growth of those three have all been introduced in the manga. It's just that they are still on the way to play that role.

mecegirl said:
I can tell just from what I've read in the manga, that the three heroes are going to have to hit rock bottom before they start behaving like they have any sense.
But the very same thing can be said about Naofumi. The only difference is Naofumi hit that lowest point very early, close to the start even. He was not that much different from Ren before that point.
Feb 3, 2019 8:00 PM
Jul 2015
Ryuutobi said:
mecegirl said:
The three heroes grow very slowly and if I had to guess(because it isn't explicitly stated in the manga) it's a combination of them being young and unaware of real consequences. They are treating things like a video game. At the point I am in in the manga I think the three are starting to understand that shit's real, but that may just be me hoping that no one is that stupid. lol.
The manga is at the start of the arc that teaches the other heroes reality in the hard way.

Minor Spoiler

mecegirl said:
The characters that will facilitate the growth of those three have all been introduced in the manga. It's just that they are still on the way to play that role.

mecegirl said:
I can tell just from what I've read in the manga, that the three heroes are going to have to hit rock bottom before they start behaving like they have any sense.
But the very same thing can be said about Naofumi. The only difference is Naofumi hit that lowest point very early, close to the start even. He was not that much different from Ren before that point.

And like I keep saying, it has to keep me interested. The manga has lost my interest, I may come back to it if I have nothing else to read but as of now I've read 50 chapters of the manga...50 fucking chapters!! You really expect me to wait even more for the three of them to grow on me? As for Naofumi I didn't have to deal with him being stupid for like ever before he was broken down. It happend at the start and it didn't take long for Raphtalia to become his moral center.

It's okay for us to have different tastes in stories. This one just fizzed out for me. I've said this before but I'm just intersted in seeing if the anime does anything better/different than the manga.
mecegirlFeb 3, 2019 8:07 PM
Feb 3, 2019 9:06 PM

Apr 2009
SSL443 said:
AForgottenSoul said:

AForgottenSoul said:

They have no negative interactions but they believe the rape stuff and he get's a slave etc.. it does not improve their image of him.
Feb 3, 2019 11:54 PM

Nov 2018
I was so mad all those disgusting characters but Raphtalia cured that all
My favorite in this show, glad Naofumi finally got someone he deserves
Also Bow and Sword thought for once
Feb 4, 2019 12:08 AM
Dec 2016
When you've read the manga and know that every lash Naofumi has been taking will be refunded 10 fold.
Feb 4, 2019 12:39 AM
Dec 2018
BestJo said:
iliyanski89 said:
Cliches, after cliches etc. Sounds like a broken record. Am i suppose to feel something after watching this? Jesus Christ!!!! Is there a show that don't run only on overly used, repeated a thousand times scenes which are supposed to make me feel better or to think like, oh the world is such a hideous place but through the power or friendship and blah blah blah we can overcome this. Bullshit. Its all bullshit!!! High expectations blown out!!! And i thought this show was different. Yet again i assure myself to not have big expectations. Nothing personal though. Just some thoughts.

there are literally 4 episodes of story building focused on his experiences with the world and mostly corrupted/selfish people and you still say "oh the world is a hideous place power of friendship and blah blah blah"?
in only 4 episodes this anime did a better job than fairy tail did in 200 episodes.
that s how you build a fucking story.

It's horrible writing just to interject some lame pseudo perseverance for the MC to overcome.
Feb 4, 2019 1:07 AM

Dec 2016
VeryLTTP said:
Honestly, your elaboration has been very poor. You make a claim, but you don't give out explicit examples and as a result, your criticisms are nothing more than a word salad. The use of complex vocabulary makes your arguments appear well thought out, but it is nothing more than a thin mask because you never explain beyond that layer. Ultimately, your use of "bad writing" is as buzzworthy as the commonly overused label of "generic".

I have given specific examples of relevant situations, even citing specific dialog, and I have explained WHY the writing is bad (lack of characterization, etc). It's all there in my posts to be read. Unfortunately it seems like some people don't want to acknowledge that there might be any such flaws in this show, so they ignore the salient details.

Demyx_IX said:
I have no idea why you think I'm getting "emotional" over it, I mean, I guess I'm getting annoyed that, EVERY. SINGLE. COMPLAINT. YOU. MAKE. STARTS. AND. ENDS. THE. SAME. WAY. No you don't, literally every time you say that there is bad writing, you only complain about how you think it's bad writing, not how you would improve it. And nobody is telling you to do the author's job, but the more you say it's bad writing without offering how you would personally have done it, it loses the value of saying that it's bad writing every time you say it. It's honestly a miracle to see more than one or two posts that you and Kamiyan write to not have 'bad/lazy writing' in it.

My criticisms begin and end the same way because I keep having to repeat the same point. As I said in my reply above, I always accompany my criticism with detail about why the writing is bad; I have not, at any point, complained that the writing is bad without any further elaboration. I haven't edited any of my posts so you're free to go back and show me when you think that happened.
Feb 4, 2019 1:23 AM

Nov 2011
SSL443 said:
VeryLTTP said:

I have given specific examples of relevant situations, even citing specific dialog, and I have explained WHY the writing is bad (lack of characterization, etc). It's all there in my posts to be read. Unfortunately it seems like some people don't want to acknowledge that there might be any such flaws in this show, so they ignore the salient details.

Demyx_IX said:

My criticisms begin and end the same way because I keep having to repeat the same point. As I said in my reply above, I always accompany my criticism with detail about why the writing is bad; I have not, at any point, complained that the writing is bad without any further elaboration. I haven't edited any of my posts so you're free to go back and show me when you think that happened.
Do you know what the definition of insanity is? Its doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result each time. You keep repeating yourself over and over, because you think that doing so will eventually change the minds of the people that you're arguing with. And ignore or even claim what they write proves your point.
Feb 4, 2019 1:29 AM

Dec 2016
Demyx_IX said:
Do you know what the definition of insanity is? Its doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result each time. You keep repeating yourself over and over, because you think that doing so will eventually change the minds of the people that you're arguing with. And ignore or even claim what they write proves your point.

You're telling me? If you don't want to actually engage my argument, and instead argue about HOW I'm arguing... I don't know what else to say.
Feb 4, 2019 6:51 AM

Apr 2007
SSL443 said:
Demyx_IX said:

You're telling me? If you don't want to actually engage my argument, and instead argue about HOW I'm arguing... I don't know what else to say.

I mean, the only anime you're liking this season is Kaguya-sama...have you ever stopped to consider that you're just really freakin picky and your taste limits your ability to watch most anime without a subjective bias against them? A lot of what you've been saying sounds more cynical than anything else. I don't need to try and search for plot-holes or character inconsistencies 4 episodes into a series in an attempt to discredit the series from being an enjoyable watch. You're trying to be a critic and not an anime fan, and that's just a terrible way to view anime.
KilluanFeb 4, 2019 7:46 AM
Feb 4, 2019 7:25 AM
Jul 2015
owen4402 said:
When you've read the manga and know that every lash Naofumi has been taking will be refunded 10 fold.

Based on the manga? Not really. The light novel maybe, just based on what spoilers are floating around. But the manga...nah. What happens is not nearly enough in my estimation.

Feb 4, 2019 7:25 AM

Sep 2018
SSL443 said:

However, just saying "lack of characterization" isn't really an argument. That, in of itself, is a claim in which you need to explain how there is a lack of it. In addition, to make a claim such as that, it would behoove you if you were to define characterization beforehand so readers can gauge your spectrum between "lack of characterization" to "plenty of characterization" since that involves subjectivity, as well.

Demyx_IX said:

In short, this is what we also call an ad nauseaum fallacy.
VeryLTTPFeb 4, 2019 7:38 AM
Feb 4, 2019 8:05 AM
Jan 2010
Well this show is really predictable, the characters are too basic and easy to read. I don't think it's a show worthy of a 7+ score.

...still they got me angry in this episode lol
Feb 4, 2019 8:06 AM
Jan 2010
GrimorumInvoke said:
I never read manga and I do not know what will happen in this anime, but I speculate the shield has some sort of curse on it. Someone is purposely victimizing the shield hero to activate the curse. There must be some sort of twist and the puppet master is somehow manipulating the King. If I am right, don't tell me because that would be a spoiler.

That's what I think as well
Feb 4, 2019 8:26 AM

Nov 2011
SSL443 said:
Demyx_IX said:

I tried to do that, and that's literally what happened. You kept repeating yourself and ignored the points that I brought up or claimed that I proved your point. And as I said before, insanity is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result.
Pages (14) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2019

298 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 17, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2019

236 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 17, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2019

379 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 17, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2019

418 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 16, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2019

440 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 16, 10:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.