Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Real Girl
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2019 9:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now we're getting more focus on Iroha this week. I think she's a rather understandable person.

Still not a fan of Ayado this season. I just can't feel invested into her character development or personality. That slap by Arisa though lol. I love how she doesn't hold back at all. Not sure how I feel about the focus on the drama in this season so far. Kinda feels more melodramatic compared to the previous one.
Jan 29, 2019 10:49 AM

Jul 2017
Stark700 said:
Kinda feels more melodramatic compared to the previous one.

Really? I feel like the 1st season was way more melodramatic, especially considering how that whole divorce thing was done lmao. S1 Tsutsui couldn't even breathe properly without some sort of conflict lel
Jan 29, 2019 11:23 AM

Jan 2018
All of this because of some dinners

Ayado is a mess of a character plus she avoiding Ito didn't get enough importance so when this happens I don't know what to think about it
Jan 29, 2019 11:58 AM

Sep 2015
Ayado and the pathetic cat ears boy its probably the lamest couple in the anime story. I wonder how the permission to this second season passed. They have nothing.
Jan 29, 2019 12:43 PM

Aug 2015
Wow this series keeps getting worse and worse and I thought S1 was awful but this is just on a another level of horrendous.
This series has stopped being a so bad it's good type of show and it's now more of a case study of how to not write a romcom series.
Jan 29, 2019 2:00 PM

Jul 2017
@shiro_kai - If I had to guess, the first season was originally supposed to be 24~ episodes. That said, it's clear that by the end of S1, the animation team was clearly at their limits. Thus, they took a break.
At the very least, the aesthetic of the show is really appealing.

This arc was fine. Not amazing, but fine. Better than what most of S1 had to offer. It played around with a few interesting concepts.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Jan 29, 2019 2:15 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
To think that Iroha would encounter Hikari's father though. Lol Iroha's facial expressions as she looked at Hikari and the wreckers interactions. Somehow these words of hers sound like a personal experience of hers. On Ayado's front its nice that Ishino managed to break her out of that hole she's been trapped in. The truth of the affair was pretty amusing. If anything Hikari's dad is just way too quiet and responsible to the point where he can easily be misunderstood. The insight into how the parents met though sure was fun. An interesting ep that not only expanded a lot on the parents but also managed to end their little crisis pretty well. At the same time it also provided some interesting lessons for both Hikari and Iroha in terms of relationships. Im glad that Ayado managed to overcome her reluctance and curious to see where she goes from here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2019 7:31 PM

Jul 2017
This was godawful. What the fuck is this show now? It's somehow got worse than season 1.
Jan 29, 2019 8:51 PM

May 2018
Uuu, Igarashi and Ishino are very scary when got mad.

The parents story is okay. I enjoyed seeing Tsuttsun's parent in the past and how their story start, really cute story though (Rub my life that still single, duh). But, we don't need Ayado and Ito in this episode, like really... what's the point putting them here ? Just give them separate episode to conclude their problem.
Jan 29, 2019 9:17 PM

Aug 2018
Not saying it was a great episode, but it definently calmed me down from the bs from last weeks episode...

In this episode u realize that tsuttsuns is a WHOLE LOT like his dad or the latter.
Jan 29, 2019 10:49 PM
Jun 2017
Dinners- the reason why some are having break ups..hahaha

I love this episode, anyways what i can say is that HAVING A TALK WITH SOMEONE can solve all your problems, and its shown in here- after realizing what tsutsui's father mistake is, he talked to his wife and there they have able to understand each other.

The other one is ayado and ito. (Actually im not that sure if ayado's feeling for ito is love already or not since in my personal belief she just came from rejection from tsutsui so she needs someone to talk to and ido is there. You know the one she can cry on).i believe that the 2 of them really needs to have some talk.

Next week for sure they are the feature story so im excited for it...
Jan 30, 2019 12:32 AM

Jul 2013
this episode was such a cringefest, oh my god.

i had the feeling this was gonna be the big revelation since the last episode, tsutsui's father being so awkward he couldn't even deny having an affair.

ayado must be one of the lamest characters ever, any scene involving her automatically becomes a chore to watch.
Jan 30, 2019 12:50 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
am1lls said:
Not saying it was a great episode, but it definently calmed me down from the bs from last weeks episode...

Exactly this.

Although it was super predictable, the conclusion of this arc was just about fine(nothing too extraordinary nor godawful, bit just about ‘okay’). Dinners can be a frightful occurrence in this story, I see *face palm*. Lovely backstory between Tsutsun’s parents though, but the ‘talk’ was seriously cheesy. Pretty good soundtrack there, too, to enhance the moment. Buildup to all that though with the coincidental meetings and such were satisfactory, I feel like it could’ve easily been handled better with more consideration, but I’m not gutted over it or anything. Meanwhile, Ayado finally made a damn move! Props to Ishino there, she’s really been the third wheel for all these hopeless lads using her experience as a guideline xD. Dat slam down in the end by Ayado though and the shocking confession, I’m glad this episode just like killed two birds with one stone here. I was sure the Ayado x Ito controversy would last throughout the season, so a pleasant surprise here.

Looking forward to seeing what the next arc has in store for us! Will we be seeing a little bit of drama from Iroha’s familial circumstances this time? Hopefully, we’ll get a bit of Ishino x Takanashi alongside too!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 30, 2019 8:31 AM

Jul 2014
Perhaps slightly convenient how easily this was all concluded, but it worked well enough, particularly in terms of showing how much Hikari and Iroha have developed both as a couple and as characters since the start of the show.
Jan 30, 2019 10:47 AM

May 2018
Oh a backstory of how Tsuttsun's parents came to be, his father was already a nerdy chemist who make glue for an adhesive company while his mom was a hot office girl who isn't doing well in the company.

looks like a relationship between Itou and Ayado were developing full steam. NICE!
Jan 30, 2019 11:31 AM

Oct 2008
okay looks like parents problems is solved...
this time we go to Ayado & itou development...
4/5.

Jan 30, 2019 12:09 PM

Dec 2015
While the end of season 1 got a bit boring with the slow progress (and Ayado trying to "attack" the main) ... second season so far is surprisingly good and got better a bit. I like the background story with the parents and the progress between Ayado and Ito.

Now hopefully we can focus on the 2 main chars again. (I hate if it is prolonged with tons of misunterstandings and stuff like that. I guess Ito/Ayado will still take a bit of screentime though but it is nice. It is between them instead of showing the 2 mains and creating stupid misunderstandings or love triangles.)
Jan 30, 2019 2:20 PM

Mar 2009
What was the point of the previous episode, then? Artificial drama? Miscommunication shenanigans xd
They could've set up the parents' backstory in a better way.

Dumb.
Jan 30, 2019 3:21 PM
Mar 2015
All problems simply by clearing up what happened
Jan 31, 2019 11:10 AM

May 2013
My only problem with this Divorce arc is.....it should be in ONE episode, rush the heck of it and move on.

WASTED A WHOLE episode on that crap misunderstand.

Second Season needs a better director and producer.
Jan 31, 2019 4:29 PM

Jul 2017
So, Tsutsun's father rejected that woman, but she still reminded him of how she used to love his wife back then when they met? Wow, that was some fucked up logic.. This season started so well... damn it.. Still hoping it can get better somehow, otherwise, my hopes will vanish. On to the next episode.
Feb 2, 2019 8:13 AM

Sep 2016
nerdokingoftrash said:
Calling it now: if I have learnt *anything* about forced drama, Hikari's dad didn't even have an actual affair with the other girl, he was just happy to feel desired for once so he indulged her by taking her out a few times or something. He's only going along with this stupid divorce because he's even weaker than our lovely main character and couldn't even imagine contradicting "the wife".

Wow. While I did call the misunderstanding, it's even worse than I could possibly imagine. The girl reminded Hikari's dad of how much he loves his wife, and he only went along with the dinners out of kindness or some shit at first. And he was going along with this stupid divorce because "he hurt the wife, so he basically cheated on her". There must be a special circle in Hell for people this retarded. And I will probably end up in it.
nerdokingoftrashFeb 2, 2019 8:16 AM
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Feb 3, 2019 9:39 AM

Dec 2014
ok wow... mom and dad story was so romantic...pretty nice episode
Feb 4, 2019 4:54 AM

Sep 2016
I lol-ed at the scene where Ayado fell to her knees at the bus stand. Wow talk about overdramatic. She must have stayed in that position for at least 10-20 minutes until that cat eared f*ggot showed up again.
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Feb 5, 2019 1:28 PM

Nov 2016
Wow, this was definitely an overblown misunderstanding, like holy fuck.

Well, it was still a cute episode, mainly for the backstory.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 25, 2019 10:30 PM

Aug 2017
I don't care about the whole stuff between Itou and Ayado. They putting them here for no reason.

In this show, talking doesn't exist.
NurguburuFeb 25, 2019 10:33 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 1, 2019 6:43 AM
Apr 2016
Yay finally his parents managed to make up, pretty weird that they didn't talk this through before... Itou's & Ayado's relationship is developing, their emotions. Good episode.
Mar 25, 2019 8:21 PM

Sep 2016
i really dont know why all the hate on Ayado and Itou lmao, they're pretty fine to me.
Mar 30, 2019 2:09 AM

Jan 2011
We already know that Igarashi's family went through a divorce when she was young and then a remarriage (non-blood-related siblings), so I can see why she was so emotionally invested in this.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 5, 2019 2:12 AM

Aug 2017
Ayado x Ito is trash.

Nice arc with Mom and Dad. If Mom hadn't become a fatty none of the problems would have happened. Of course dad wants more than dinners with the young hot babe, gimme a break. Good for him womanizing a little to keep mom's waistline in check.

Ishino is a winner, always slapping sense into people.
Jun 16, 2019 12:12 AM

Nov 2014
kudos to ishino to keep smashing some sense to indecisive people,
glad the misunderstanding has been cleared ( lol just a dinner)

I just realized Tsuitsui and Iroha relationship just almost similiar toTsuitsui parents. Tsuitsui behaviour almost like he just took over his dad's but with better personality haha.

well i can assume itouxayado pair'll sail,can't wait to see next episode. overall cute and nice episode
Mar 14, 2020 8:08 PM

May 2017
Me : "ayado-chan you cant just jump on a guy and sit on him that fast !"

Looking forward next ep , finaly my favorite crazy girl get some screentime
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Mar 23, 2021 6:12 AM

Jan 2020
Lol Tsutsui's mother sounds like an old hag even in her prime.

Well now that's an awkward cliffhanger.
May 1, 2021 9:52 AM

Feb 2019
I personally think this was a great improvement over S1. This episode alone, that is. Except for the Ayado and Ito parts. I really think they were pretty useless here and they should've been put in a separate episode.

But the story between Hikari's parents was pretty cute, and how angry Iroha was at that girl from Hikari's dad's job was really hilarious lol it was pretty nice seeing Iroha riled up like that. I can see Hikari's future.

Also, we're 4 episodes in and Chika is nowhere. The last two episodes of S1 really were useless, seeing that Chika plays no significant part whatsoever.

But with this episode, I'm cautiously optimistic of the rest of S2.
May 12, 2021 1:03 PM

May 2015
Even on my lazyness days I couldn't imagine a weakest development to that "arc". Thats the main problem with shoujo, once the author finish with the main couple/story he doesn't know where to go with the story. I wish every shoujo was easy and fluid like Bloom Into You. Since I'm not a big fan of the pathetic cat ears boy and Ayado there is anything left to watch in this anime?
May 5, 2022 3:49 AM

Jul 2012
What a nice story..
Again, communication is important on relationship 😭

Mar 8, 2023 12:07 PM

Nov 2009
I'm really grateful to everyone who made this episode possible. Parents don't usually exist in anime at all. Here, however, they do exist and even have their own story. I genuinely appreciate that.
Nov 15, 2023 12:45 AM

Mar 2012
i hated this divorce arc so much since the beginning of it...
first of all, the end of it... this misunderstanding thing went a bit too far for something so small. i'm not one to say this kind of stuff, but it feels like wasted time. i mean, i feel like they are trying to show something about iroha with this, but this is exactly how you don't write anything. ever.
and last episode got on my nerves because it was kind of trying to make tsutsui's mother as the antagonist of their relationship but she was the one that was supposedly cheated on? if that was true, she should have divorced, gone wherever she wanted and had the life she wanted for herself. i hate how marriage is always portrayed in anime. );
everyone who was telling her to give the man a chance and try again... no, i can't even.

More topics from this board

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2019

158 by bakakisima »»
Jan 12, 12:30 PM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2019

53 by bakakisima »»
Jan 12, 11:44 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2019

28 by bakakisima »»
Jan 11, 12:17 PM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2019

45 by bakakisima »»
Jan 11, 9:21 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2019

41 by bakakisima »»
Jan 11, 7:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.