Forum Settings
Forums
Land of the Lustrous
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2019 6:46 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
All this talk about nothingness gives me the chills. And too bad, the celebrations didn't last too long.
Jan 28, 2019 8:20 PM

May 2018
Achmea's tongue! Damn!! I'll have some of that!!!
Fucking a gem has got to be like humping on a life-sized marble sculpture.
Achmea, come at me bro! I'm nice, warm, and fluffy!!

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Jan 28, 2019 10:35 PM
Aug 2017
Houseki is taking forever to get to the damn point. Aechmea/Cairngorm is creepy and I\if it’s mean to depict the Prince sympathetically, for me and a lot of people it’s not working. I still like Houseki but I’m bored and tired. Wake me up when they finally start getting shit done.
Jan 28, 2019 11:47 PM
Nov 2016
I still hate the Prince and Cairngorn thing, but now its getting even creepier
Jan 29, 2019 6:58 AM

May 2018
i guess sex will be "hard"
Jan 29, 2019 9:07 AM
Jul 2018
That was creepy as fuck...
Jan 29, 2019 10:40 AM
Mar 2015
He was willing throw her away after going through the wedding. She just did not understand what the kiss was supposed to be since she had no feeling in her lips The whole other arm thing was kind of creepy
Jan 29, 2019 2:15 PM

Feb 2015
When someone wants to dance with me and I'm like:
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Jan 30, 2019 1:15 AM

Apr 2014
basically this:

i dont even..
Jan 30, 2019 2:19 PM

Jun 2013
i hope they explain why the prince kept cairn's arm also it was so cute when the gems were testing out the beaming macarons haha
Jan 31, 2019 11:43 AM

Nov 2018
Cairn and prince's relationship is getting weird as fucc//
Feb 3, 2019 5:58 AM

Jan 2017
Creepy, really really creepy.
awesome
Mar 3, 2019 10:13 PM
Oct 2017
Bunnybooboo2234 said:
Houseki is taking forever to get to the damn point. Aechmea/Cairngorm is creepy and I\if it’s mean to depict the Prince sympathetically, for me and a lot of people it’s not working. I still like Houseki but I’m bored and tired. Wake me up when they finally start getting shit done.

Same, man. It feels like they have been faffing about on the moon forever. Maybe it’s partly the long wait between chapters, but I have been getting more and more bored as this goes on.
Mar 4, 2019 1:37 AM
Aug 2017
Zesprit15 said:
Bunnybooboo2234 said:

Same, man. It feels like they have been faffing about on the moon forever. Maybe it’s partly the long wait between chapters, but I have been getting more and more bored as this goes on.

She’s just dragging things out at this point. I’m starting to think she doesn’t know how to end it?? I’ve seen other people say it before, but Houseki would have worked better as a short story. We wouldn’t have had as much time with the gems as a result, but it would have been better as short stories seem to be her forte anyway. Houseki is a short story dragged out into manga format. It had a good thing going in the beginning, though it arguably had pacing issues then too, but it wasn’t as apparent. But now it’s just eh and I’m not looking forward to seeing any of this translated into anime form, if the Anime adapts it up to this point.
Aug 26, 2019 11:02 AM

Jul 2013
I had typed up all the things wrong with this relationship but I lost it.

It's like the prince is marrying someone with less awareness of sex (or having a gender at all) than a 4-year-old human. And he knows it. He basically did brain surgery on her a while back, nothing suspicious there, right?

Cairngorm's idea of physical love to this point seems to stop at heatpats and hugs.

And how would sex even work?

What the frack's going on?
towelgirl21Aug 26, 2019 3:52 PM
Jan 25, 2020 8:58 AM
Jul 2019
It has become so boring in the late chapters that i cant read it anymore
May 14, 2020 2:05 PM
May 2018
it’s quite interesting and funny that gems do not understand the traditions of people.
also Cairngorm which I considered boring in the last chapters has become a very interesting character I even began to empathize with her.

she really surprised me!
Flaming__PhoenixJul 29, 2020 4:49 AM
Feb 24, 2022 3:03 PM
Jul 2017
karmashizzle said:
basically this:

i dont even..

Alright that rock pocket p*ssy is taking it too far XD
Sep 25, 2022 9:03 AM
Feb 2017
the misfortune of cairngorm and her relationships, first with Phos who was focused on themself to give any emotional delicacy cairngorm, what they wanted, how they felt,, then to being treated apathetically by the other gems,, to finally feeling recognition and love from someone, but its a demonic ass moon prince (didnt get any prayers for a reason) who probably did more than just remove the crystals from her eyes, praying on her when shes at her most confused and vulnerable.
Sep 25, 2022 9:21 AM
Feb 2017
Bunnybooboo2234 said:
Zesprit15 said:

She’s just dragging things out at this point. I’m starting to think she doesn’t know how to end it?? I’ve seen other people say it before, but Houseki would have worked better as a short story. We wouldn’t have had as much time with the gems as a result, but it would have been better as short stories seem to be her forte anyway. Houseki is a short story dragged out into manga format. It had a good thing going in the beginning, though it arguably had pacing issues then too, but it wasn’t as apparent. But now it’s just eh and I’m not looking forward to seeing any of this translated into anime form, if the Anime adapts it up to this point.

the short story compilation or something like that would work better i think too, like a lot of my issues w the pacing was where chapters would be back to back with Pho's fuckups and it felt like there wasn't much time to breath after having things like that happen, where if they were short stories ig it would be implied that more time passed between events (?)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 108 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kizumi91 - Yesterday

59 by AcidVladislas »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 107 Discussion

Snovia - Mar 24

33 by Mugglus »»
Apr 22, 1:12 AM

» "Land of the Lustrous" (Houseki no Kuni) manga by Haruko Ichikawa will be COMPLETED NEXT MONTH

deg - Mar 19

30 by Atsunome »»
Apr 21, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

4 by CritiCold »»
Apr 2, 11:02 AM

» Theory of Phos being the tower of seven treasures

_YukiNoHana_ - Mar 27

4 by _YukiNoHana_ »»
Mar 29, 7:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.