Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 23, 2019 3:32 AM

May 2009
Reviews on mal are garbage and system of their rating is even worse. Don't even bother reading them.
Mar 23, 2019 8:15 AM
Jun 2017
TheProblemIsntMe said:
BigBlueBash said:
I get that people have different views on a show but it's that the score is 8.54. Doesn't that mean there are more people who enjoy it. Why are the people who like the show not upvoting ? The reviews are almost equal or worse than that of Charlotte. Is it because of the good score ? Are people treating it worse than they should just because of the score ?
We seriously need some help here.

What do you mean the people who like the show are not upvoting? They rate the show whatever they think it is. If you mean the reviews, it's probably because some of the criticisms the reviews have make sense, and why would anyone defend something that has flaws by ignoring them. Good scores of anime don't influence the reviews people will make. I don't think people are treating the show worse because of the score. It still has a good score, but it just has a lot of flaws which the reviewers pick on.

Except it doesn't, hence the score. What it has is too many details that don't get noticed by frail minded viewers and get treated like flaws. Cinics always manage to come with the dumbest arguments in their paths to smartassness
Mar 23, 2019 8:58 AM

Sep 2018
Aplope said:

Except it doesn't, hence the score. What it has is too many details that don't get noticed by frail minded viewers and get treated like flaws. Cinics always manage to come with the dumbest arguments in their paths to smartassness

Thats understandable.
Mar 23, 2019 9:10 AM

Jul 2012
It's cause MAL elitists share their reviews with each other so they can mark each other's helpful without reading them. I've heard speculations that they suck off the moderators for more exposure as well. This is purely speculation though. No libel.

Damn shame that all the contrarian reviews are at the top instead of the thoughtful reviews that show appreciation for the piece of art.
Mar 24, 2019 9:24 AM

May 2009
Tebls said:
It's cause MAL elitists share their reviews with each other so they can mark each other's helpful without reading them. I've heard speculations that they suck off the moderators for more exposure as well. This is purely speculation though. No libel.

Damn shame that all the contrarian reviews are at the top instead of the thoughtful reviews that show appreciation for the piece of art.

The biggest shame is that there isn't comment system for reviews, so it could be possible to confront those tryhard reviewers and show their bullshit.
Mar 26, 2019 10:44 AM
Sep 2018
I don't know anymore.

MAL reviews are getting worse day by day
Mar 26, 2019 5:17 PM
Aug 2017
The real reason the majority of top reviews for this show are low is due to the fact that anyone caring about the critical side of anime will see the huge flaws in the show. People don’t generally upvote poorly written reviews and the well written reviews come from the people who are able to deconstruct the show.
Mar 27, 2019 1:24 PM
Mar 2019
It's a matter of perspective. And everybody has their likes and dislikes.

Me personally, I hate Pokémon (both the games and anime) but you won't see me flooding it with profanity-coated negative reviews.

As for my thoughts on Bunny Girl Senpai, I liked it. Yeah, it can be a turn-off for some people but I kinda enjoyed it for what it is for the most part. Not to mention that Mai is a more realistic character than any other girl I've seen in romance anime in recent memory. She isn't a completely one-sided archetype, she has her Tsundere moments and she has her Kuudere moments, but she isn't lumped into just one trope all the time.
Mar 29, 2019 4:42 AM

Mar 2018
vocal minority. people who are part of the majority that like the show don't give a fuck about the reviews but people who are part of the minority that dislikes the show will actively search for justifications of their own opinion, thus upvoting the reviews. you can see this happening with every highly rated anime on this site.
Mar 31, 2019 12:27 AM

Jan 2018
bastek66 said:
Tebls said:

The biggest shame is that there isn't comment system for reviews, so it could be possible to confront those tryhard reviewers and show their bullshit.

Yes please, we need something like comment sections to counteract trolls. Even tryhard reviewers probably wouldn't reject that idea.
Apr 1, 2019 11:15 AM

Sep 2017
nerojeko said:
BigBlueBash said:

Lol

You said it yourself, THIS IS A PUBLIC DISCUSSION.

BUT WAIT HE SAID SOMETHING BAD ABOUT THE REVIEWS I LIKED SO HE OF COURSE ATTACKED THE REVIEWERS

Isn't the difference clear between two people discussing something on a THREAD different than someone MAKING a thread CALLING OUT reviews? Read the reviews.

@BigBlueBash

I respect your decision to not to reply this idiot.

@nerojeko Look man, he never attacked the reviews or the reviewers. He was just asking where are the fans of the show and why aren't they upvoting the reviews they agree to. Why is it that only people who dislike the show give a crap?
And everyone has answered this question. So. Bye.

ボールルームダンサー
Apr 6, 2019 8:48 PM

Mar 2018
fan reviews are being professional?

what a shock!
Apr 15, 2019 10:30 PM

Nov 2018
TsukuyomiREKT said:
There's not that many negative reviews, so anyone that hates the show will just click helpful no matter what. Those users also submitted their reviews as fast as possible in order to gain traction. It's not that surprising.
Hence why I suggest people should avoid reviews and watch the show first, because they might get discouraged and not watch the show/hate it without giving it a chance or having the notion in their head that the show is bad in the first place.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Apr 29, 2019 8:39 AM

Apr 2009
BigBlueBash said:
I get that people have different views on a show but it's that the score is 8.54. Doesn't that mean there are more people who enjoy it. Why are the people who like the show not upvoting ? The reviews are almost equal or worse than that of Charlotte. Is it because of the good score ? Are people treating it worse than they should just because of the score ?
We seriously need some help here.

The answer is that reviews have been broken ever since they removed the "Not helpful" button. Because that is what 1 and 2 out of 10 reviews are. I sometimes rate anime like that as well but I wouldn't consider it to be helpful for others deciding whether they should watch it or not. Only anime like Mars of Destruction deserves legit scores like that. I simply ignore MAL reviews these days.
May 5, 2019 4:38 AM

Nov 2008
lol MAL reviews are usually trash anyway.

try being a fan of ecchi anime and people bitching in their reviews about a ecchi anime having.....boobs, pantsu and fan service in it lol
Jun 5, 2019 2:12 AM

Oct 2014
I'm late to the party and I just recently done watching this anime.

The negative reviews are actually just being honest. This anime is nice, but overrated. Everything is forced. The drama, the plot, and this puberty syndrome is too inconsistent and mysterious. Other people are praising Sakuta for being a great MC but for me, he is just average. He is nothing compared to Hachiman.

I think this would be better if Sakuta and Rio Futaba are the main character. And instead focusing on his harem, the plot centered on how they solve this puberty syndrome more [i]specifically./i] Like a Hyouka style (If you guys watch that anime, watch that anime. its good)

Scoring it 8 or 9/10 is ridiculous. A 6/10 is the most fair score for this series.

Jun 8, 2019 12:26 AM

Jun 2017
Gazz said:
I'm late to the party and I just recently done watching this anime.

The negative reviews are actually just being honest. This anime is nice, but overrated. Everything is forced. The drama, the plot, and this puberty syndrome is too inconsistent and mysterious. Other people are praising Sakuta for being a great MC but for me, he is just average. He is nothing compared to Hachiman.

I think this would be better if Sakuta and Rio Futaba are the main character. And instead focusing on his harem, the plot centered on how they solve this puberty syndrome more [i]specifically./i] Like a Hyouka style (If you guys watch that anime, watch that anime. its good)

Scoring it 8 or 9/10 is ridiculous. A 6/10 is the most fair score for this series.

Well tbh you didn't read what I said and came with just reading the title.

People have opinions. I know that. I know the series had flaws like any other series. But it did have it's fair share of good things for it too right. The series was not at all like the top reviews 2 and 4 out of 10 say it is. Its not bad. I was just asking that if so many people like this show why don't they upvote the good reviews (I got the answer).
Jul 5, 2019 8:21 AM
Apr 2016
Actually, the answer to your question is easy:

There r people who liked this show (uhm..), logged in, put their highscore and went away happily.

There r people who totally disliked the show and wondered why it had such nonsense score; so they logged in to check reviews to see if they missed smthing, ending up agreeing with all those bad reviews for one reason or another (pointing out all the bad aspects, mentioning the tremendous plagiarism etc.).

And finally, there r people who loved this show so much that they had to come here, put 10score and go upvote all good reviews about the show, finding out the sad reality of facts.

Personally I understand that if u dont have a minimal anime knowledge/culture u can fall into deception and actually like this anime. Maybe. I'm not that sure actually, even hiding all the bad aspects it was boring as hell.
Btw. In the end. If u actually want to understand why this anime is very bad, simply watch Monogatari Series, Haruhi Suzumiya and Oregairu. If u dont want to ruin your own opinion of this anime, then, dont do it.
(actually u'd vomit all over this anime after watching the ones from whom this show poorly tried to shamelessly copy)

Also, dont be a butthurt with all those "tbh you didn't read what I said and came with just reading the title": people r responding to your question, if u posted it as a bait it's your fault (or maybe it was intentional?).
You wanted attention. You got attention. I've actually decided to waste 10mins of my life responding to u (just because I've already lost 260mins watching this eyesore, baited by the score, sad. life.); my advice is to watch good anime series like the ones I mentioned i̶̶̶n̶̶̶s̶̶̶t̶̶̶e̶̶̶a̶̶̶d̶̶̶ ̶̶̶o̶̶̶f̶̶̶ ̶̶̶p̶̶̶a̶̶̶s̶̶̶s̶̶̶i̶̶̶n̶̶̶g̶̶̶ ̶̶̶y̶̶̶o̶̶̶u̶̶̶r̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶i̶̶̶m̶̶̶e̶̶̶ ̶̶̶p̶̶̶o̶̶̶s̶̶̶t̶̶̶i̶̶̶n̶̶̶g̶̶̶ ̶̶̶h̶̶̶e̶̶̶r̶̶̶e̶̶̶ ̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶d̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶h̶̶̶e̶̶̶r̶̶̶e̶̶̶ ̶̶̶s̶̶̶e̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶c̶̶̶h̶̶̶i̶̶̶n̶̶̶g̶̶̶ ̶̶̶f̶̶̶o̶̶̶r̶̶̶ ̶̶̶c̶̶̶o̶̶̶n̶̶̶s̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶s̶̶̶u̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶s̶.̶̶̶

((also, consider that the only top positive review is from a guy who didnt watch the mentioned series... he can have a huge amount of watched series, but he lacks some fundamental ones..))
Jul 6, 2019 11:05 PM

Apr 2013
bastek66 said:
Tebls said:

THIS. we need discussion on the reviews.
"As long as you're alive, something happy bound to happens"
-What a Wonderful World
Jul 6, 2019 11:33 PM

Nov 2011
these days i dont even read anime reviews. bunny senpai doesnt seem a series that deserves that much hate, but what do i know. its pretty sad that haters would create an alt account just to reply to this thread.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jul 12, 2019 6:15 AM
Aug 2018
Actually you should't take the votes serious because if you look just next to this anime, you will see Goblin Slayer with 7,80 points. 7,80... So...
Also i'm definitely sure Goblin Slayer watched like 5 times more than Seishun Buta Yarou, so Mal Rating system is basicly meaningless.
Jul 22, 2019 7:16 AM

Aug 2012
Because the main character is such a loser beta male.
Jul 22, 2019 8:22 AM
Jul 2018
BigBlueBash said:
vhagar8 said:
Because almost no one but hater crybabies give enough of a fuck about mal reviews to go upvote them

Right but there is still absolutely no problem for some who like the show to upvote a review.

stop bothering MAL reviews, just learn japanese and go to anikore to avoid idiot brat that doesn't even want to think about trying to learn japanese language and culture (remember that pop culture is just a fingertip of an entire culture) even if they want to watch JAPANESE SHOW(i don't know about other people, but as half japanese i annoyed a bit by it ).
Jul 22, 2019 8:25 AM
Jul 2018
_TheBoy said:
Ibs said:
Its because Bunny Girl Senpai is one of those animes despite having a lot of flaws is still loved by the majority. This is similar to animes such as Erased and Code Geass which also have many flaws but still loved by a large proportion of viewers.
People who tend to read or make reviews are more critical than the average user, hence there are more negative reviews towards the top.
You need to ask yourself why other highly rated animes like Hunter x Hunter or Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood do not share the same amount of negative reviews, its because they are loved by the majority as well as contain very few flaws.

So next time you see an anime you like with a high-score getting mostly negative reviews at the top you should try and think like this, "Why is this anime getting these negative reviews when other animes with similar scores don't get the same treatment". I find this way of thought much more useful than taking the shallow route of "Muh haters, iTs JUst HaTErs wiTH nO LIVes".

Thats about all, peace out.

hehe you'r right.

but at least this show isn't really that bad.
it was just miss leading.
for me.

i was watching it for the romance.
i got tricked.
i got triggered.
the back story was shiet for me.

there are shows that are popular and over rated, espacially in the romance genere.
that i genuinely hated.

insert here ( 5 centimeters per second).
i so glad that 2 years ago when i watched it it had a score of 8.4.
and now it dropped to like 7.8...

that makes me so happy :'D

bunny girl.
is fine i see why would people score it high.
as i said i actually loved it at first.

but i think the hate for bunny girl is mostly because it was not what it was advertiesed as.
(bunny girl senpai).
she wasn't even a bunny.
that wasn't even about her in the end...

the title came from the arc itself, different arc different title (on light novel). anybody that bitching about it (i don't mean it is you okay, sorry) are people that too lazy to bother about the original source.
Jul 22, 2019 1:52 PM

Dec 2015
shirorinkorin said:
_TheBoy said:

hehe you'r right.

but at least this show isn't really that bad.
it was just miss leading.
for me.

i was watching it for the romance.
i got tricked.
i got triggered.
the back story was shiet for me.

there are shows that are popular and over rated, espacially in the romance genere.
that i genuinely hated.

insert here ( 5 centimeters per second).
i so glad that 2 years ago when i watched it it had a score of 8.4.
and now it dropped to like 7.8...

that makes me so happy :'D

bunny girl.
is fine i see why would people score it high.
as i said i actually loved it at first.

but i think the hate for bunny girl is mostly because it was not what it was advertiesed as.
(bunny girl senpai).
she wasn't even a bunny.
that wasn't even about her in the end...

the title came from the arc itself, different arc different title (on light novel). anybody that bitching about it (i don't mean it is you okay, sorry) are people that too lazy to bother about the original source.

i guess i know why i dislike the show, i dislike everything that trying to hard to be "smart" why miserable failing in it
or creating it own sets of rules that can be changed or flawed in any second just to better fit the current situation
so this is the reason i dont like it.
Sep 28, 2019 2:09 PM

Apr 2018
Ah, never trust reviews. I'm pretty new to MAL(though old acc) and so far my experience with reviews has been the worst. It almost always follows the following sequence.

The most popular review ranges from 3-6. The 2nd most popular ranges from 8-10.
The rest are in a scrambling order. Besides that, I see people critiquing anime's like its some serious or sacred documentary. Rather than simply enjoying it, they scrutinize each and every aspect now matter how insignificant or unnecessary. Like wtf weebs? Just enjoy the shit.

Ratings have almost always been reliable. I like how 6 doesn't mean bad, even 5 refers to average.

Thoughts?
Jan 17, 2020 7:34 AM
Oct 2018
If MAL has had the same rating system the Reddit has then there wouldn't be negative reviews at the top of the vast majority of titles that aren't too terrible. It is just simple math - if there are 100 reviews and out of them 99 are positive and 1 is negative then if there is no big difference in the quality of the reviews, the negative review will get the most likes just because all haters will vote. Also if someone hates anime then they will have more motivation to like reviews that support their point of view, such people would be eager enough to like all negative reviews. So, in this way likes from people who liked the show split much more than from those who hate it. Exceptions are - when there are very high-quality positive reviews or when all negative reviews are shitty. This is why I personally think that overall rating means much much more than reviews. Overall rating is just a statistical predictor of the reaction of the target audience which is much more objective.
Mar 29, 2020 12:10 AM
Jun 2016
MyOwnGod said:
If MAL has had the same rating system the Reddit has then there wouldn't be negative reviews at the top of the vast majority of titles that aren't too terrible. It is just simple math - if there are 100 reviews and out of them 99 are positive and 1 is negative then if there is no big difference in the quality of the reviews, the negative review will get the most likes just because all haters will vote. Also if someone hates anime then they will have more motivation to like reviews that support their point of view, such people would be eager enough to like all negative reviews. So, in this way likes from people who liked the show split much more than from those who hate it. Exceptions are - when there are very high-quality positive reviews or when all negative reviews are shitty. This is why I personally think that overall rating means much much more than reviews. Overall rating is just a statistical predictor of the reaction of the target audience which is much more objective.

But really, in this anime's case, the 2 most helpful negative reviews can be proved to be unjustifiedly negative, and just filled with some biased rants. At this point, I don't care about pointing out their flawed judgements and points, this show is in such of equilibrium that I just don't want to disturb it. Sakuta is cool, seems bland and reactionless, but he's not, on the contrary he's so mature, bold and emotional when the time demands. Mai is also mature, naughty, whimsical and an overall interesting character. Kouga is so adorable... Adolescent Syndrome is a beautiful metaphor, not a scientific theory. And if you've problem with Kouga's case, it can be explained with observer effect. "When you expect the future to be according to your expectations, you stop the natural flow of time/world line by repeating the same mistakes due to your stubbornness and ignorance, this concept can be explained very well with "karma", which says you get stuck in your mistake and pay for it by not making progress in life(flow of time, in this case, beautiful, right? 😌), (or sometimes if the mistake is too grave, lives are lost, now this thing is what makes people disbelieve in karma, but it's still working, right?). I could just go on, but these 10 IQ people who gave those negative reviews won't listen nor understand what the author tries to convey...😒 Seriously, its a 9/10 from me if I'd have reviewed it...😍😍😍
TheAcefromFutureMar 29, 2020 4:38 AM
Apr 3, 2020 4:17 PM
Mar 2017
I'm glad I dropped the Monogatari series. Saved me quite a lot of time after wasting it on you know what.

I kept it on-hold for too long anyways. Just didn't catch my interest enough to dive deep into another lengthy series. And while those reviews basically just gave me the final push, I kind of don't want to be associated with you know who.

Maybe I should bother writing reviews for once. But in the end, even rating everything is not really time/effort I want to spend... You know why.
Apr 10, 2020 6:17 AM
Dec 2017
because monogatari fanboys can't accept that this anime is much better than monogatari series
Apr 10, 2020 6:24 AM

Aug 2016
It's just a knockoff of Monogatari and Oregairu, then make it normcore af and only takes the worst parts of the shows they copied of (basically copying everything tangible, while forgetting to add the charm from both shows, and writing is corny af.).
People who uses MAL forums are mostly bug people, take their speech with a grain of salt.
Professional Supreme Gentleman - 恋人はあなたが選んだ兄弟です
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimeElitism/ (AnimeElitism Reddit)
https://discord.gg/4kdGsFG (Dead Discord)
2静か先生88#7307
Apr 10, 2020 6:26 AM

Aug 2016
EmBlaze said:
I'm glad I dropped the Monogatari series. Saved me quite a lot of time after wasting it on you know what.

I kept it on-hold for too long anyways. Just didn't catch my interest enough to dive deep into another lengthy series. And while those reviews basically just gave me the final push, I kind of don't want to be associated with you know who.

Maybe I should bother writing reviews for once. But in the end, even rating everything is not really time/effort I want to spend... You know why.

Bruh, Imagine thinking Bunny girl senpai is better than Monogatari lmao
People who uses MAL forums are mostly bug people, take their speech with a grain of salt.
2静か先生88#7307
Apr 10, 2020 6:35 AM

Sep 2014
2shizukasensei88 said:
EmBlaze said:

What isn't better than Monogatari Series?
Apr 10, 2020 6:38 AM

Aug 2016
Hrybami said:
2shizukasensei88 said:

Bunny girl senpai

2静か先生88#7307
Apr 10, 2020 6:46 AM

Sep 2014
2shizukasensei88 said:
Hrybami said:

Bunny girl senpai

Too bad. The only correct answer was Death Parade.
Apr 19, 2020 6:37 PM

Jun 2015
Maybe it's because the negative reviews are well constructed and tackle the flaws of the show reasonably while most positive reviews say something along the line of "Show good, must watch".
Apr 25, 2020 6:34 AM
Jun 2013
Different opinions are one thing, trying so hard to sound smart and be different by hating on something most people love is another thing.

It's like the SAO hate train all over again. I mean SAO was "objectively" bad, sure. But you could tell from how some its popular negative reviews were written that the people we're just trying to be edgy.
Apr 25, 2020 8:46 AM

Sep 2018
omgg y are the scores for my fav animu not gud
Apr 25, 2020 8:56 AM

Dec 2018
I mean, other people have different opinions and different tastes. No reason for people to get worked up over reviews or scores, what matters is if you enjoyed it or not.
Apr 25, 2020 6:41 PM
Apr 2020
Honestly, no one really reads the reviews. And people hate this anime because they have a preconceived thought that this anime is an insult to Monogatari series. I'm a fan of both btw. I won't explain why this anime is great. I'll just lay out the facts... In the anikore list(Japanese MAL) this anime is in top 5 best animes of 2018 and it is currently in top 100 (rank 91) in overall anime ratings. The movie was ranked 11 in best animes of 2019 as well. You guys know MAL ratings as well. The LN has also sold more than 1.5 million copies.
The number of people who love this anime is more than the haters. The haters are free to have an opinion and shit on something that they cannot comprehend, happens with many other series. Let them hate while we enjoy this beautiful anime.
May 4, 2020 1:17 PM

Apr 2018
I've read every comment in this thread.

What I'll say is, what does it matter if the top reviews are negative? That doesn't impact how you feel about the show, does it? If you really feel the need to, you could write your own review instead of complaining about the simple fact different people have different opinions. The reviewers aren't trolling, they aren't circle-jerking, they're just stating their opinions.

Oh, and if you're really that confused about the discrepancy between the mean score and the top reviews, the answer is pretty simple. Many of the people using MAL aren't using the full 1-10 scoring system. Many will give any show they like a 10 or a 9, which inflates the scores.
May 4, 2020 1:25 PM
Mar 2019
It's a discount Monogatari. Mai Sakurajima is blatant copy of Hitagi Senjougahara. The puberty syndrome copies off aberrations. But new generation anime watchers will enjoy Bunny Senpai because they've never seen Monogatari.

But, Bunny Senpai by itself is a good show. It has a deep plot and well rounded cast of characters. It's more meaningful than the KAMEHMEHA and action shows with a generic plot and predictable story *Shonen*

Bunny Senpai can be seen as subpar and average when comparing it to Monogatari. However, towards all other anime, it can be seen in a better light.
May 4, 2020 1:52 PM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
2shizukasensei88 said:
It's just a knockoff of Monogatari and Oregairu, then make it normcore af and only takes the worst parts of the shows they copied of (basically copying everything tangible, while forgetting to add the charm from both shows, and writing is corny af.).
Yea, this is lowest common denomenator crap (high ratings) while also being a giant insult to anyone who has developed a palette beyond fast food anime (negative reviews).
May 7, 2020 9:09 AM

Oct 2019
This post has so many people making up reasons to convince themselves that helpful reviews mean fuck all. Trying their hardest to insult reviewers so that they stop feeling deeply hurt about their favourite show having rather popular negative reviews. Cute.
May 7, 2020 11:51 AM
Jul 2015
reviews on mal are always like this, those guys always try to look more intelligent by beeing critical while they train to be authors by doing it, most of the times theres not enough depth in a show but those people are seeing the unseen, at least they think that they do and then they write a fuckton of crap out of boredom, I've never seen a page like that where reviews are that redundant, if you look for some nice reviews go on IMDB, if you want poser and wana-be-coolers fish for mal. By any means mal is a great source of information, but don't invest too much into the reviews and their authors. Theres no commentary or good filter system for them, it's like reviews on Amazon only upvotes count anymore, so whats the point? Upvotes are saved for eternity and downvotes doesn't matter at all? How nice is this. Amazon, MAL and youtube comments have this "feature". The moment they removed the option to downvote option, they took even the illusion away that your opinion mattered somewhere. Just enjoy your animes and learn from this one, opinions of other people doesn't matter, if you have 2-3 friends you'll have a nice life :P
RailenMay 7, 2020 11:57 AM
May 23, 2020 12:02 PM
Mar 2017
"Copyright Infringement" was the top comment for quite a while lol. Now that's some special kind of BS. Love to see the excuses for supporting carp like that.
May 30, 2020 9:33 PM
Feb 2013
As someone who just checked the score before watching the show, I WISH I had read those reviews. This show is just painfully average and I completely agree with them. Protagonist is unlikeable, trying to explain fantasy elements with random buzzwords from science makes the pseudosciency bits just plain annoying to watch, the problems are forced and - due to mysterious nature of this "puberty syndrome" - resolutions are deus ex machinas in a box, going towards whatever makes the plot more convenient to write. Anime tries to tackle hard philosophical and psychological questions and completely fails in anything short of scratching the surface. Next time I'll pay more attention to the reviews I guess.
Jun 2, 2020 4:12 AM

Jun 2016
The mean score is far more outrageous than most of the reviews written for it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2020 12:46 AM

Sep 2018
kids that haven't learned that people have different opinions than them and that it's ok if some one doesn't agree with you yet the thread.
Jun 22, 2020 10:30 PM

Jul 2012
First of all RebelPanda gave the likes of Wotakoi (6/10) and In Another World with My Smartphone (5/10) higher scores, which in my opinion are two of the worst shows I have ever seen in their respective genres. He attacks the dialogue off Sakuta who actually talks like incel high schoolers that exist in real life,(very similar to Ishigami of his top 10 anime Love is War), but scores the mess that is Smartphone an "average".

I personally believe they were more critical of Bunny Senpai due to it's average and "hype" in comparison to much weaker works. They were essentially looking for a reason to hate it. I too am guilty of that with the likes of Attack on Titan, and My Hero, but I digress.

My other issue is people comparing this show to Monogatari. It really shouldn't be. You might as well compare it to Clannad or Kanon as well.

Monogatari focuses on ones inner desires, while Bunny Senpai completely tackles social anxiety and the problems it causes in a high school environment.

I prefer Bunny Senpai way more than Monogatari, (I watched up to Owari) and that preference is mainly due to the fact I think Bunny Senpai tackles societal issues much more accurately than Monogatari does.

That's from personal experience though. I guess I can understand why some people might not enjoy Bunny Senpai, but having watched the "others" (Haruhi, Monogatari, Oregairu) before Bunny Senpai, I preferred Bunny Senpai over all of them, mainly because I felt that it really related to me in comparison to the other works (all of which I have enjoyed).

All in all, people will be critical of solid and popular works, just to be critical of them.
Phoenix_TriteJun 22, 2020 10:36 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

276 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 24, 5:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.