Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 25, 2019 11:54 PM
Jan 2019
/discuss
And i'm not even kidding. This easily blows everything out of the water in my books. Even TateYusha and Mob2 seem weaker.

Well, i mean the picture is low budget, but everything else - characters, story, core conflicts etc - seem right on point like no other show.
Jan 26, 2019 3:44 AM

Nov 2008
Too soon to say, but I definitely think it's up there. I wish more shows that can't afford amazing animation would bank on the color design instead. The darkness and fog work to obscure the lack of detail and what's left there are these heavy reds and blues that are totally doing it for me. And all of that gives the show the strong atmosphere it needs to pull off the slower pace.
That said, it REALLY helps if you find Wakaba and the Rinas cute. I can easily see them driving some viewers up the wall.
Jan 26, 2019 6:51 AM

Feb 2016
Probably, I really love the feeling and story pacing, when the episode ends I wish the next one was already out there!

It's a unique story about discovering the world, and we can feel as clueless about that world as the characters. While some shows you can predict the path of the story from chapter 1, here we come to experience that mysterious feeling instead.

On another note, I don't expect it to have the same success that kemofure 1 had, because it doesn't have a lot animal girls and that is a big bonus for some people.
Jan 26, 2019 9:34 AM

Jun 2013
If Wakaba becomes more bearable, possibly, but he is really the anchor that is weighing this ship down.. I really like the setting and Rin, so we will see.
Feb 2, 2019 2:02 AM

May 2015
I really like it, the atmosphere is really nice for watching late at night. interesting world and concepts, and rina chan is cute, I want one.
Feb 2, 2019 8:15 AM

May 2012
One of the worst in this season. Art, story, characters all look bad and boring

TateYusha and Mob2 weaker ?!! You must be kidding man

Feb 4, 2019 11:17 PM

Mar 2010
The setting is somewhat compelling, but I honestly cannot stand Wakaba. He is so hecking annoying.
Feb 5, 2019 5:51 AM

Oct 2007
it is decent enough show, and some parts were fun to watch. But not really the best for me.

And Wakaba needs to be toned down...
Feb 5, 2019 1:14 PM

Dec 2008
thepath said:
Mob2 weaker ?!! You must be kidding man

He even put TateYusha on the same level as Mob. No standards. Mob is God and should not be taken for granted.
Feb 6, 2019 6:47 AM
Jan 2019
Nyuu3 said:
Too soon to say, but I definitely think it's up there. I wish more shows that can't afford amazing animation would bank on the color design instead. The darkness and fog work to obscure the lack of detail and what's left there are these heavy reds and blues that are totally doing it for me. And all of that gives the show the strong atmosphere it needs to pull off the slower pace.
That said, it REALLY helps if you find Wakaba and the Rinas cute. I can easily see them driving some viewers up the wall.

I definitely find Rinas cute. Wakaba is an interesting point which i'll address below. Your interpretation of impact of color design is IMO completely correct.

Azumi-tei said:
Probably, I really love the feeling and story pacing, when the episode ends I wish the next one was already out there!

It's a unique story about discovering the world, and we can feel as clueless about that world as the characters. While some shows you can predict the path of the story from chapter 1, here we come to experience that mysterious feeling instead.

On another note, I don't expect it to have the same success that kemofure 1 had, because it doesn't have a lot animal girls and that is a big bonus for some people.

I agree that the story does a great job of maintaining the mystery while still providing clear and present goals for the characters.
I kinda missed Kemofure. Will look that up.

@CrimsonTsuki @Arfbarf @Liddo-kun
At this point of the show, Wakaba actually functions like an antagonist. He is the one that is not letting the protagonist just live her life. Viewed from that light, annoying is literally the best thing he can be.

raccoon-child said:
He even put TateYusha on the same level as Mob. No standards. Mob is God and should not be taken for granted.

Mob1 is God.
Mob2 is below TateYusha level so far. Which is fine, TateYusha is pretty great so far and things might reverse in the future, too. Ultimately, TateYusha has a shelf life: you watch until you get tired of Naofumi emo. Mob is more stable in that way, however Mob2 specifically has the issue of all the real interesting stuff having already happened in Mob1. The scene i'm looking forward the most to doesn't even feature Mob (gogo Body Improvement club captain!).
Feb 6, 2019 8:21 AM

Aug 2018
I'm intrigued but I just think it's one of those shows that you can't really rate until it's complete, it can so easily be ruined or be great depending on the progression of the story. I don;t really think the characters are all that great tbh, can be a little annoying but it's early days.
But how can they think the kid was a monster all that time then she just falls in love out of nowhere - that was dumb.
Also - Mob is god, Mob 2 is already shaping up to be a masterpiece. Best shonen since Fullmetal
Can I offer you an egg is this trying time?
Feb 6, 2019 10:55 AM

Jul 2015
So far it receives hate for use of 3D CGI and quite annoying MC.
Like any show who does that.
Kemono Friends also had low score at after first few weeks. I hope it will get better too, clearly deserves it.
PiromyslFeb 6, 2019 11:19 AM

Feb 6, 2019 11:08 AM

Nov 2016
haven't seen it but for it to have a score under 6 in a site where everything is overrated it has to be a piece of Shite.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2019 5:39 PM
Aug 2015
It's one of the more unique shows of the season and I love the mysterious setting and general ambience of the world, but I think it would be a million times better without Wakaba. I'm also hoping the story will start going somewhere soon, because so far it has felt a bit aimless and hasn't really done a lot with the setting beside traverse it. Compare that to a show like Girls' Last Tour which had a similar premise but was packed with poignant philosophical themes that made it so much more than a show about a bunch of girls exploring a ruined world.
Feb 6, 2019 5:45 PM

Jan 2019
It's quite soon to discuss the best of this season, isn't it?
I mean most of the animes haven't even reached half of the series.
Feb 6, 2019 6:29 PM
Apr 2016
What the heck is that artstyle, feels like I'm watching some fan-made YouTube cartoons... Sorry, but I can't watch that.
Feb 7, 2019 2:39 PM
Mar 2017
Well, i wouldn't say best, but it's definitely there inbetween the best with shield hero and mob psycho 2.
It's just the bad cg that drag it down alot, but it kinda fits in a way?
Feb 8, 2019 7:08 AM

Nov 2008
Not best but most interesting TV of the season
Feb 10, 2019 8:53 AM

Dec 2008
malMaxi said:

raccoon-child said:

Mob1 is God.
Mob2 is below TateYusha level so far. Which is fine, TateYusha is pretty great so far and things might reverse in the future, too. Ultimately, TateYusha has a shelf life: you watch until you get tired of Naofumi emo. Mob is more stable in that way, however Mob2 specifically has the issue of all the real interesting stuff having already happened in Mob1. The scene i'm looking forward the most to doesn't even feature Mob (gogo Body Improvement club captain!).

Hmm... nope, completely disagree. Aside from Gratitude 1000% all the best stuff comes AFTER the first big arc (where S1 left off). The emotional growth of Mob, Reigen, and Ekubo is just delightful to observe. My only criticism of the anime adaptation is that it made the Mogami arc less violent and more fast-paced.

But I'll just agree to disagree as it seems you watch/read Mob for different reasons than I do. And I think we just have very different tastes I guess.
Feb 11, 2019 10:07 AM
Aug 2014
Afloo said:
haven't seen it but for it to have a score under 6 in a site where everything is overrated it has to be a piece of Shite.

Houseki no Kuni started at 7. Kemono Friends started at 5,5. This site shits on everything 3D... until it turns out to be amazing.
Feb 11, 2019 10:20 AM

Mar 2008
I'm seeing virtually nothing this season because of lack of interest and backlog, but this must be the more consistent anime this season.

It's sad to see over hyped and clichéd anime with questionable content receive much more attention when the little jewels like this one is left overlooked. Worse, there's a army of dumb people hating this for no reason, making "criticism" that are obvious trolling and giving it 1 scores. I can't understand but... whatever.

Each episode get's me more excited, I have huge expectations about the next episode because of all the theories. I'm suspecting that the Sun may raise during episode six.
Feb 19, 2019 12:25 AM
Jan 2019
Andy_Roo_45 said:
I'm intrigued but I just think it's one of those shows that you can't really rate until it's complete, it can so easily be ruined or be great depending on the progression of the story. I don;t really think the characters are all that great tbh, can be a little annoying but it's early days.
But how can they think the kid was a monster all that time then she just falls in love out of nowhere - that was dumb.
Also - Mob is god, Mob 2 is already shaping up to be a masterpiece. Best shonen since Fullmetal

I'm starting to really dislike Wakaba.
Mob 2 is no masterpiece, sorry. It is too much all over the place and is too reliant on people coming with preexisting love for the manga.
Piromysl said:
So far it receives hate for use of 3D CGI and quite annoying MC.
Like any show who does that.
Kemono Friends also had low score at after first few weeks. I hope it will get better too, clearly deserves it.

I'm kinda liking KF 2. Didn't watch KF1, might go back to it at some point.
Wakaba is indeed getting to be annoying. Previously, i had the excuse of not viewing him as a main character (Rin was that in my mind), but as of the most recent ep that no longer flies.
JJH_ said:
Afloo said:

Houseki no Kuni started at 7. Kemono Friends started at 5,5. This site shits on everything 3D... until it turns out to be amazing.

Let's be honest, Kemurikusa is unlikely to clear MAL's "amazing" threshold :D. The art style is just too gimmicky for that.

rawrXtina said:
It's one of the more unique shows of the season and I love the mysterious setting and general ambience of the world, but I think it would be a million times better without Wakaba. I'm also hoping the story will start going somewhere soon, because so far it has felt a bit aimless and hasn't really done a lot with the setting beside traverse it. Compare that to a show like Girls' Last Tour which had a similar premise but was packed with poignant philosophical themes that made it so much more than a show about a bunch of girls exploring a ruined world.

Last Tour didn't work for me precisely because it didn't have someone like Wakaba. Though i will admit Kemurikusa made the guy a bit too much on the bright and bubbly side.
-Rogue said:
It's quite soon to discuss the best of this season, isn't it?
I mean most of the animes haven't even reached half of the series.

There is an entire school of thought that says you can identify a good show in 3 eps.
I'm pretty certain there won't be any surprise upsets retroactively making all the previously aired epsiodes better in this season.

2ego said:
What the heck is that artstyle, feels like I'm watching some fan-made YouTube cartoons... Sorry, but I can't watch that.

Yeah, i can see how more visual fidelity focused people can be turned away with that art style.

Succesful_Name said:
Well, i wouldn't say best, but it's definitely there inbetween the best with shield hero and mob psycho 2.
It's just the bad cg that drag it down alot, but it kinda fits in a way?

Yeah. There was a comment earlier in the thread about how the vivid reds and blues really work.

Hisomu said:
Not best but most interesting TV of the season

Heh yeah that works too.

raccoon-child said:
Hmm... nope, completely disagree. Aside from Gratitude 1000% all the best stuff comes AFTER the first big arc (where S1 left off). The emotional growth of Mob, Reigen, and Ekubo is just delightful to observe. My only criticism of the anime adaptation is that it made the Mogami arc less violent and more fast-paced.

But I'll just agree to disagree as it seems you watch/read Mob for different reasons than I do. And I think we just have very different tastes I guess.

I don't see how anything in second part eclipses both Gratitude 100% and all the preceeding events (such as the ochimusha scene or the back alley scene with the brothers). The fact that the adaptation is screwing up matters on top of that is not helping matters either.
Mob2 iis not bad, still a solid 7 in my eyes. But it is not a near perfect 10 like Mob1.
Also, i'm not saying all of this from the position of subjective taste. Mob 2 is just making bad choices in how to adapt the source material. The most recent Reigen ark, for example, simply falls flat on its face, despite somewhat working in manga.

PaninaManina said:
I'm seeing virtually nothing this season because of lack of interest and backlog, but this must be the more consistent anime this season.

It's sad to see over hyped and clichéd anime with questionable content receive much more attention when the little jewels like this one is left overlooked. Worse, there's a army of dumb people hating this for no reason, making "criticism" that are obvious trolling and giving it 1 scores. I can't understand but... whatever.

Each episode get's me more excited, I have huge expectations about the next episode because of all the theories. I'm suspecting that the Sun may raise during episode six.

I actually sorta disliked the big reveal. Turned out to be not big, not revealing and only served to make Wakaba much more of a focus than he ever needed to be.
Possibly the jump the shark moment in this show for me :(
Feb 19, 2019 5:07 AM
Feb 2019
I think it going to be the top 5 of the season without question
however if we sort it by genre
the top1 of general would likely be Mobs/shield bro,it just have a border viewer spectrum
the best daily life show I think it going to Kaguya sama,the production is tho the roof.
(shield bro and mob2 also very high)

I think those 3 and Kemurikusa would be the top 5 show of the season,each one is top tier in their own genre

now where the genre of kemurikusa belong to is a good question.The way tatsuki made the show is a very basic adventure genre,which the recent anime lacking.
I think a good match up is dororo,both anime is a bit rare in recent year.

Anyway,if Wakaba (the only thing that bring a bit negative value to the show)
character development would become better .If tatsuki could somehow turn the super over curiosity wakaba(less bad now compare to ep1-2) back into the story with some meaning.I think it will shoot up to the top show without a doubt.(like how kaban become much heroine in late eps) I cannot think of a way how to make it.but maybe maybe tatsuki could do it .
Feb 20, 2019 2:17 PM
Mar 2018
I wonder why so many shows fly by under the radar of the majority. It must be either marketing or accessibility (but tbh I guess the first reason only matters)
Feb 20, 2019 8:15 PM
Feb 2019
DonTrumpolino said:
I wonder why so many shows fly by under the radar of the majority. It must be either marketing or accessibility (but tbh I guess the first reason only matters)

there a ton of ppl give a rating of 1-2 star on this one(hence 5.xx now)
from there you know how many dumb people out there.

Just watch ep7 ...god Wakaba starting to shrine!!!
Feb 21, 2019 12:47 AM
Mar 2018
astersteril said:

there a ton of ppl give a rating of 1-2 star on this one(hence 5.xx now)
from there you know how many dumb people out there.

Just watch ep7 ...god Wakaba starting to shrine!!!

Well, I don't want to discredit the lack of intelligence of the majority of viewers, but I think there is more behind it. Like besides the aforementioned marketing that gets banked the kids on stuff like My Hero Romance Academia, it's also fair to say that they are made to believe whatever someone "big" like the youtube-anime-"experts" are saying, even though their opinions are mostly bought, which is leading back to my main issue. People are just not thinking for themselves anymore or even learning, because if you watched anime for more than year now you should know that the best show of the season can be the biggest pile of shit towards it's progression *cough* DarlingInTheFranxx *cough*
Feb 21, 2019 3:35 AM
Feb 2019
OK we going to heavy off topic here.
regarding the online expert trend stuff
I remember there was one famous guy saying something like this:
I totally disagree with you(opinion),but I with defend it with my life for the right of your speak (speak out the opinion that he totally not agree with)
I don't recall the exact phrase and who said it tho.
What we have right now the biggest culprit of all is the LIKE button.
look at all those FB youtube etc....you cannot disagree with somebody and give him a dislike...you can only positive thinking babala and give ppl like
So the game become any hate speech is removed.a person can add up to 10000 like on his homepage /FB etc and seem very much a Mr.Right ,while in fact he could have 20000 dislike if we add the button there.
The overall positive only stuff actually bring harm to people in the longer term,everytime I saw some company clear/remove ppl due to that guy doing some hate speech or bad mouth I feel sorry for them(the company and their user/customer).I think as long as the person in question not spaming/doing 911 attack speech or tell ppl to join ISIS etc we should let them speech whatever bad thing he want,not shut them up.This trend recently is not right.

ok back to anime topic:DITfcuk...I got lured to watch it (everyone on the web said how good ep13 it is lol) It made by trigger and I like KLK and little withc so I think it safe to watch(at first I not watching it coz I think the poster is ugly)
up to ep 13 is really good,with a few fault in between...and here come the ep 14 and 15......I lucky dropped the show at ep15 and watch other ppl screen cap and laugh my ass off.

a good compare is SSSS gindman same trigger made,with half the character and half the eps number.Look how well the story from start to finished and the 4 character did have reasonable development. it should be 8.5/10 IMO.
Another good one is Planet With shame only 7.xx/10 I just checked they have problem passing 7/10 marks early due to CG reason.....

I personally define how well a anime is ,was very simple:
How much emotion it gave me. the above 3 show(Ditf ep 13 only) SSSS,and Planet With all have some heart feeling moment which at least worth a 8 in my personal view.I will call my self a rather cold heart blood colded person so making me have some feeling is really good no matter how bad the CG it is or whatever dump reason in the show happen.

and kemono friends S1 (I watching it slowly and drop it and pick it up slowly many time in the first 5 eps).I don't watch a lot of anime forum /reddit at that time so I don't know it was a big hit lol,I just random pick it up since the poster image keep randomly appear when I surfing the web.

And fcuking MIND BLOWED,I did god sake cried a bit and have tears in my eye....how god damn long I don't have a single drop of tears? I almost forgot.how god damn long I ever have tears in my eye when watching entertainment in any sort? almost never(I use almost because I maybe forgot I got some tears in my eye like when I was a baby 5 years old ) as far as i can tell it was the first time lol.
so I gave it a full mark 100/10 coz it unlocked the achievement : me drop tears

I don't know why all those people need to use so much effort to make a decision on how good a show it.As long as it made you emotional for some moment it was good show to me.
Exception:on serious show and you laugh all the time(looking at ditf 14ep and later) that a bad show,except I am wrong ditf was a comedy show lol then it was 9/10 (with so much comedy plus a few seriously moment from a comedy point of view is good lol)

Sorry for text wall bomb
Feb 21, 2019 4:00 AM

May 2014
If Mob and Dororo weren't airing it'd be my best show. For now it's the 3rd best show of the season for me, tied with Neverland.
Feb 21, 2019 10:01 PM

Dec 2008
malMaxi said:
I don't see how anything in second part eclipses both Gratitude 100% and all the preceeding events

Wtf, that's not even what I said. Again, I group Gratitude 1000% along with all the important events after S1 as my favorite moments in MP100. Gratitude 1000% is fucking iconic and super important in the story.

malMaxi said:
The most recent Reigen ark, for example, simply falls flat on its face, despite somewhat working in manga.

See, this is what I'm talking about. I'm sorry, but I can't take you seriously when you say stuff like this, disregarding good writing on the basis that you just don't dig it. Clearly our tastes and the ways we engage with fiction ARE way too different, and that's FINE, I've already said this. You don't need to get annoying about how much you like the earlier chapters better for whatever reasons, I love them too, and they're essential, but it's the stuff happening later that truly completes the story.
I had my worries concerning Reigen's arc since it's central to MP100 and my personal favorite, but they absolutely did it justice. And like I said before they kinda messed up on the suffering part of Mogami's arc, watering it down, but the message itself and how these events tie in with the rest of the series is still the same, so it really is turning out to be a faithful, and beautiful, anime adaptation of a masterfully written coming-of-age tale in spite of a couple of hiccups.

Anyway. This is my last response-looking for your reply through a post full of quotes and having to quote it on top of that, and on mobile, was admittedly an actual waking nightmare, especially for someone who doesn't particularly enjoy interacting on MAL, 1/10 would not recommend. But thank you for your time... I guess? Not that you care about mine but, manners. I tried. (Oh my God, did I try.)
Feb 21, 2019 11:26 PM
Jan 2019
raccoon-child said:
Wtf, that's not even what I said. Again, I group Gratitude 1000% along with all the important events after S1 as my favorite moments in MP100. Gratitude 1000% is fucking iconic and super important in the story.

Jep. And what i'm saying is that nothing much seems to me to be as iconic and super important after that. I'm open to being convinced otherwise, of course.

See, this is what I'm talking about. I'm sorry, but I can't take you seriously when you say stuff like this, disregarding good writing on the basis that you just don't dig it. Clearly our tastes and the ways we engage with fiction ARE way too different, and that's FINE, I've already said this. You don't need to get annoying about how much you like the earlier chapters better for whatever reasons, I love them too, and they're essential, but it's the stuff happening later that truly completes the story.

I had my worries concerning Reigen's arc since it's central to MP100 and my personal favorite, but they absolutely did it justice. And like I said before they kinda messed up on the suffering part of Mogami's arc, watering it down, but the message itself and how these events tie in with the rest of the series is still the same, so it really is turning out to be a faithful, and beautiful, anime adaptation of a masterfully written coming-of-age tale in spite of a couple of hiccups.

You don't have to take me seriously. But when i don't take people seriously i simply don't reply to them, so your behaviour appears to me to be somewhat inconsistent.

It is my opinion that the writing of the Reigen bit is not good. It is also my opinion that the secod part of Mob Story doesn't really "complete the story" or add anything of real value.

We could get more headway in this discussion, but, apparently, you are not in the business of backing your opinions with actual analysis. So i'm not sure why i should make bigger effort on my part.

Anyway. This is my last response-looking for your reply through a post full of quotes and having to quote it on top of that, and on mobile, was admittedly an actual waking nightmare, especially for someone who doesn't particularly enjoy interacting on MAL, 1/10 would not recommend. But thank you for your time... I guess? Not that you care about mine but, manners. I tried. (Oh my God, did I try.)

I'm not sure if you were even paying attention, but there are people other than you in this thread, who also deserve a reply. And not spamming the thread with 100500 individual posts while replying to everyone is also good manners, hence the multiple quotes. If you know of a better way, do tell.

If you are not interested in supplementing your opinion with actual analysis of the show, i don't mind just ending this discussion as well. Shame you chose to take such an adversarial stance on this. Apparently when you say 'it's fine if you have your own opinion", you don't really mean it.

Well, on my end, it truly is fine if you have your own opinion. I just wish you could explain it better.

Since you apparently have some form of circumstance that makes it hard for you to look for quotes on a page, i will go against my usual manners and limit this post just to my answer to you.
malMaxiFeb 21, 2019 11:31 PM
Feb 22, 2019 12:07 AM
Jan 2019
astersteril said:
I think it going to be the top 5 of the season without question
however if we sort it by genre
the top1 of general would likely be Mobs/shield bro,it just have a border viewer spectrum
the best daily life show I think it going to Kaguya sama,the production is tho the roof.
(shield bro and mob2 also very high)

I think those 3 and Kemurikusa would be the top 5 show of the season,each one is top tier in their own genre

Mostly agree, with one exception - Mob isn't really working for me, but instead of Mob i'm really enjoying Dororo :D

now where the genre of kemurikusa belong to is a good question.The way tatsuki made the show is a very basic adventure genre,which the recent anime lacking.
I think a good match up is dororo,both anime is a bit rare in recent year.

Kemurikusa is a subgenre of adventure, often referred to as "road show", where the adventurers are on the road going to a goal. Contrast with Dororo, where the adventurers are not really going anywhere specific, just mostly roaming.

Anyway,if Wakaba (the only thing that bring a bit negative value to the show)
character development would become better .If tatsuki could somehow turn the super over curiosity wakaba(less bad now compare to ep1-2) back into the story with some meaning.I think it will shoot up to the top show without a doubt.(like how kaban become much heroine in late eps) I cannot think of a way how to make it.but maybe maybe tatsuki could do it .

I agree with your assessment of Wakaba. Turning his cursiosity into a tool of consistent worldbuilding is exactly the thing they need to do. In ep.7 it worked pretty well, with him discovering the threat and everything.

fancyjasper said:
If Mob and Dororo weren't airing it'd be my best show. For now it's the 3rd best show of the season for me, tied with Neverland.

Definitely agree on Dororo. Dororo is shaping up to be great.
Mob kinda isn't working for me. Maybe i'm missing something.

---
Regarding the "why people don't watch anime like Kemurikusa more" topic, talked about by @astersteril and @DonTrumpolino
I don't really have much to add, beyoond a simple notion that there is much more media out there than one person can consume, so everyone has to have filters and red flags. If a show triggers a red flag, it is automatically discounted. For some people, it is CG. For others, it is the kind of rough visuals that Kemurikusa has. For others still, it is the screamy kind of protagonist. For others still, it is anything that even remotely resembles Isekai.
Kemurikusa just has bad luck because it gets stuck in too many different filters. Shows like that need to be more than just good to really stand a chance, they need to be talked about and propagated by the people who like them.
Feb 22, 2019 2:24 AM
Feb 2019
a bit sad that i already knew most of the story on Dororo(there some early movie and comic around 2000s and spoiler.)
If I don't know the plot it definitely rate much higher in my list(I think it was about 7/10 for me right now,will finished dororo at season end.)

malMaxi said:

Regarding the "why people don't watch anime like Kemurikusa more" topic, talked about by @astersteril and @DonTrumpolino
I don't really have much to add, beyoond a simple notion that there is much more media out there than one person can consume, so everyone has to have filters and red flags. If a show triggers a red flag, it is automatically discounted. For some people, it is CG. For others, it is the kind of rough visuals that Kemurikusa has. For others still, it is the screamy kind of protagonist. For others still, it is anything that even remotely resembles Isekai.
Kemurikusa just has bad luck because it gets stuck in too many different filters. Shows like that need to be more than just good to really stand a chance, they need to be talked about and propagated by the people who like them.

Come to think of it I have some red flag on Moe show and harem stuff(damn I miss my young looking for every harem show).
If not the Super good special ED of Kaguya-sama catch my attention I will skip that show.
Hopefully Kemurikusa will become great success,and change more people view on "bad"anime(let them get used to wired CG haha).it will help more genre coming out in the future time.
I recall kemono friend is really low budget.If a few of those low budget show made a hit.Hopefully more hidden talented people will come out,and investor become more willing to gamble on those cheap title.
astersterilFeb 22, 2019 2:33 AM
Feb 26, 2019 3:11 AM
Jan 2019
astersteril said:
Come to think of it I have some red flag on Moe show and harem stuff(damn I miss my young looking for every harem show).
If not the Super good special ED of Kaguya-sama catch my attention I will skip that show.

Yeah that dance was amazing.

Hopefully Kemurikusa will become great success,and change more people view on "bad"anime(let them get used to wired CG haha).it will help more genre coming out in the future time.
I recall kemono friend is really low budget.If a few of those low budget show made a hit.Hopefully more hidden talented people will come out,and investor become more willing to gamble on those cheap title.

I wonder how much cheaper that kind of anime is, compared to mainstream quality. If it is cheap enough to be profitable from small scale niche communities, then we can expect to see more of such anime.
Feb 27, 2019 12:26 PM

Jul 2015
I wouldn't say the best this season's but still criminally underrated.

Feb 27, 2019 8:14 PM

Mar 2008
One of the best probably along with Boogiepop etc
Mar 4, 2019 4:12 AM
Jan 2019
Digibro weighted in, he agrees Kemurikusa is awesome :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4l14sZlpA0
Mar 4, 2019 4:09 PM

Jul 2015
Perfect example sample, that MAL mean scores should hold no authority.

Just because CGI is lacking is not a reason to it such a low score.

Mar 8, 2019 8:21 AM

Jan 2013
more like worst aots.
Mar 10, 2019 11:16 PM
Oct 2016
Best? Far from it.
Mar 13, 2019 6:06 AM

Apr 2016
I wouldn't say best but this actually became one of the better shows this season. Plot may be lacking but the show shines through the character interactions and the great world building.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2019 6:38 PM

May 2010
Definitely my favorite show of the season, can't say it's the best show of the season because I've shyiitee tastes.
Mar 14, 2019 12:08 AM
Jan 2019
WeedCatx said:
I wouldn't say best but this actually became one of the better shows this season. Plot may be lacking but the show shines through the character interactions and the great world building.

Agree. Best atm is probably Dororo. Kemurikusa is shaping up to be like 3rd to 5th, which is still awesome for a show like that.
Mar 14, 2019 7:01 PM
Feb 2019
I think this going to be the best 3 of the season,since Wakaba becoming a man!they did fix the annoying of Wakaba!and every damn eps from eps6 end with a bigger cliff hanger...
We should hand out the best cliff hanger of the seasons award lol.

EDIT:OK SHTF,after ep11 wakaba is the real man ,best show of the season!
astersterilMar 21, 2019 7:51 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 3 Discussion

Liddo-kun - Jan 23, 2019

22 by tam_fortress »»
May 11, 2022 1:00 AM

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 11 Discussion

Liddo-kun - Mar 20, 2019

34 by PokefanPT »»
Oct 27, 2021 3:08 PM

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 12 Discussion

Mkim - Mar 27, 2019

45 by little_raven »»
Oct 18, 2021 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 9 Discussion

Gildesh - Mar 6, 2019

11 by little_raven »»
Oct 15, 2021 10:17 AM

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VanishingKira - Jan 9, 2019

73 by koley »»
May 6, 2021 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.