Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2019 3:57 AM

Oct 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A pretty good movie, by no means it was terrible nor excellent, the story was still decent. Would have gave this a lower rating if the ending wasn't well done but I'm satisfied. One issue though, this movie seems to have some pacing issues, if it had been a little longer, it would have turned out much better.

The transition from the SoL moments to the fight scenes were too abrupt and the conflict kinda ended too early, which kinda is a pity.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Jan 25, 2019 9:14 PM
Aug 2017
Is it subbed yet?? Where can i find it??
Jan 26, 2019 3:33 AM

Oct 2012
Unlucky_Otaku said:
Is it subbed yet?? Where can i find it??

No.

In Japan. Where else?
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Jan 28, 2019 5:39 AM
May 2016
Does it have happy ending?
Jan 28, 2019 8:47 AM

Oct 2012
ninka22 said:

Kind of, if you wanna look at it that way....personally I think it is.
Feb 28, 2019 11:26 PM

Mar 2017
I wonder when they'll release the Blu-ray.
Mar 26, 2019 3:14 PM

Nov 2011
Did it air with English subtitles?
Apr 3, 2019 6:19 AM
Dec 2008
Jiharo said:
ninka22 said:

Yeah, pretty much. They just threw that last scene in for people who want that kind of interpretation I guess, which is nice.

Funnily enough I actually watched it in the theater that was featured in the movie itself.. was not expecting that and neither was the audience.
Apr 3, 2019 6:46 AM

Oct 2012
tra- said:
Jiharo said:

Yeah, pretty much. They just threw that last scene in for people who want that kind of interpretation I guess, which is nice.

Funnily enough I actually watched it in the theater that was featured in the movie itself.. was not expecting that and neither was the audience.

Same here! LOL

Was caught out of surprise but it was a nice surprise.

But yea, the last scene was pretty done well.
Apr 19, 2019 2:46 AM

Nov 2007
Minar-kyun said:
I wonder when they'll release the Blu-ray.
July 24, only BD announced.
https://www.shochiku.co.jp/dvd/ashitasekaiga/

tsubasaloverSep 4, 2019 2:22 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 4, 2019 9:42 PM
Oct 2018
I like this show. Usually i don't like 3DCG animation, but this one is different for me. The plot is good. It's sad, yet happy ending.
Aug 13, 2019 11:33 PM

Feb 2018
Good anime... Sad main Heroine was die but unexpectedly she is still alive at the end.
SyureriaJan 25, 2020 2:35 AM
Sep 7, 2019 11:56 PM

Jul 2015
In the movie format it felt a little rushed and it needed a 12 episode series to have the necessary time to shine. Although i understand that when it comes to CG, people would have trashed it in no time.
Anyway, overall it was fine.
Apr 18, 2020 3:17 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
This show must be added Action, Fantasy, and Mecha genres because they

This show shall be great if only they add more touching scenes to the romance and make the movement of the character dont be too rough to seen. I mean look at the hug moment between Kotori and Shin, awful. And for the end, the revival scene must be good to delete, because its no relevant and can be called as an asspull by me. Then, to the Riko and Miko, where they are? Again, no explanations. Hell, so must shit goin on to the story really make me mad. Fortunately, their animations and art for the actions so amazing which is only the strongest part of this whole movie.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 26, 2020 6:40 AM
Aug 2018
finally i watched on kissanime. subs had bad timing with lips.but still watchable. decent plot and everything are alright with this 3DCGI anime
May 4, 2020 10:31 AM
Jul 2013
The animation is so bad i had to drop it just in first 5 minutes i have watched 700+ anime and i guess this was the first one to drop because of bad animation 😑😑
May 4, 2020 12:53 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
I'm surprised this got subbed. I watched it raw because there weren't any back when I watch it.

I picked this up after watching Hello World so it didn't appeal much.
May 5, 2020 1:52 PM

Jul 2017
ok what in the world was this lol? Have to admit the initial premise that the Kotoko in the other world was responsible for the deaths of Shin's parents and leading to his depression could've created an interesting dynamic, with Shin's conflicting feelings towards Kotako (cause on one hand, the Kotoko in his world is a different one but at the same time she's technically responsible for the death of his parents). But what I didn't expect was Kotoko to literally die lmao, was actually quite surprised. But ofc they had to make her turn out to be a good guy all along and was only being used by the council

The 2nd half was just wtf was even going on, I don't even know anymore. Ending was alright I guess, but how did we end up back with the confession scene?

I also found it funny how the 2 date/gatherings were literally copy-pastes of each other, even both ending with that interrupted confession scene.

Animation wasn't too bad, some of the character animations actually felt pretty natural.

Overall 4/10, could've done bits but ended up being a waste.

Also @Cloudy and co. yall need to fix the VA's for the characters lmao, Jin is not voiced by Kaji Yuuki (instead by Yoshiki Nakajima), other world Kotoko is not voiced by Uchida Maaya (instead by Sayaka Senbongi)

edit: nvr mind that's only for the ONA :P
May 6, 2020 1:39 AM
May 2020
Yeah that ending made no sense and there was no explanation whatsoever. If anyone could explain?
May 6, 2020 7:03 AM

May 2012
I watched this yesterday. The anime is good and entertaining. The only thing I did not like is the CGI
May 7, 2020 12:51 AM

Jul 2017
its good but the cgi is isnt that good compare to hello world. overall good its nice anime but some situations didnt explain well and the romance is bit force...
"Where ever you are in this world. I will always going to find you.."

"Who cares if we can't see any sunshine, I want you more than any Blue Sky.."

"I hope you'll remember me, even just a little bit.."

"Even if the world is destroyed, I still want to see your smile again.."

"I'm the one who lived my life just to meet you, just like cherry blossoms waiting for the spring.."

May 8, 2020 11:55 PM

Jul 2017
Craftar Studio, and this means a fully 3D CGI landscape. Still too fluid to make headwaves though.

And if you'd ask me that this is an alternative version to Soutai Sekai (same world, different settings), I wouldn't even have known but a few tidbits that draw parallels.

The relationship between Shin and Kotori (as much as the cliche OTP) felt very forced, as is their fate that draws down to the parallel world setting, not to mention their protectors from another world...even if it means plot conveniences to suit and match.

And man, I was surprised that Kotori died, because she's a vessel of the alternate world and nothing more (if you wanna call the childhood friend troupe one).

Whiel the 1st half was pretty linear and easy to predict, the 2nd half...was a dissemination of ideas that are "supposed to link and make sense" but in all instances, a mish-mesh of whack that became another Ingress the Animation (from the same studio).

At least it went out with a decent ending.

BOY am I SO glad this was a feature movie, not a TV series, because it would've failed outright (even if there wasn't 3DCG to begin with). It's not good, but pretty average if on a mediocre level. Good watch, but a one-time shot only.

Would've benefitted from a Netflix release (since it likes 3DCG animation THAT much).
KANLen09May 9, 2020 12:02 AM
May 23, 2020 9:47 PM

May 2020
This movie is beyond my expectation. The cover is really trolling me. Idk if this was a robotic story and what I guess is this is drama story and another things about drama and stuff like that. A bit disappointed and feel uncomfortable with art. Story goes anywhere and have no track. Idk the point of this movie. Didn't hate but I just don't like it. The movement look so rough and the boss is easy to beat. Didn't have any intense fight tho. Well I will say this movie can't be enjoyable.

This type of art is remind me about Akiba Strip game, 3D and a bit similar.
Aug 5, 2020 1:11 AM
Oct 2018
Does anyone know the soundtracks which are used in this movie?
Oct 16, 2020 11:18 AM

Apr 2016
I liked the happy ending, but the movie was nothing special, honestly.
Dec 28, 2020 3:28 PM

Jul 2015
I can see some stuff from the ova's has been changed (for the better). Decent movie with an interesting concept but I feel like it suffers in its poor execution (probably due to the movies short length). For example Kotoko suddenly turning out to be on Jin's side, with the next scene the gang hanging out as if the deadly fight two scenes before has already been forgiven and forgotten.

Apr 30, 2022 2:40 PM
Aug 2015
Nice movie! I still don't understand everything completely, I guess this would have worked better as a 12 ep anime. I like the story idea and the entertainment was good!
I expected a romance movie and was fooled by description and tagged genres but I liked this outcome xD
Personally I would add Action, Mecha and maybe Sci-Fi as genres in mal. But I don't know if that would be too much spoiler
May 7, 2022 4:09 AM
Jul 2019
Uh and an absolutely brilliant movie, I didn't think I'd go back to 3d anime again. However, it seems that after so long I managed to see one again and not be disappointed at all, but how confusing the story is at first that my head hurts. However, how Jin works is beautiful, if I were you I think I would have acted the same way if it was someone from childhood, or maybe I would have taken it into the hands of my other self (((:. But I really did not expect to be It was the world leaders who did this, at first I thought Kotori (Kotoko) was to blame.
Uh and I don't really understand that, but I was thinking that if these two worlds are separated, the two Kotori will come back to life, doesn't that mean that Shin's father and mother are back too? I mean, that would have been normal in my opinion. But ugly that Riko and Miko had to sacrifice themselves and poor Jin was left alone again in that ugly world. ⁇
Jul 30, 2022 12:45 AM

Nov 2020
I'd say it was pretty good. The premise was orginal and the animation looked great during the fights, but it looked like laggy PS3 cutscenes during normal conversations.

The story was a bit fast-paced but I don't mind because I would NOT watch this if it was a 12 episode series with the same story.

7/10 - nice palette cleanser after watching the entirety of Seitokai Yakuindomo (which was great ngl) over 2 and a half months
Apr 5, 2023 6:48 PM
Mar 2016
This was meh. Honestly, I completely stopped caring after Kotori died. Even when they showed her body, and you knew they'd ass-pull a way for her to live, I didn't care.

The girls were cute, and the action was pretty good. The characters felt lacking, and the entire movie suffered from pacing issues.

The cg was fine most of the time. For some reason they really struggled to animate legs. It was more difficult to notice when characters were running and was generally hidden by pants, but I couldn't help but chuckle at Kotori's derpy walk animation. You'd think they'd have put more effort into making it smoother considering how well they did on the arms, faces, battles, and clothes, and how often she was featured walking as the focal point in scenes. It was also pretty funny to see Miko Naruto-run.

They really should have kept the original concept of their alternate selves being enemies. It would have been much more interesting. It also doesn't make sense why her father wasn't a noble.

The science bits made absolutely no sense. How could his father figure out how to sever life links when he didn't even know the parallel world existed or what caused the deaths in the first place? How were they able to fix let alone upgrade such a futuristic robot? If they could do that, why not make mecha armor suits and extra robots? What exactly was Jin planning to accomplish if he couldn't fix it after it was immediately knocked out of commission? How did they build a dimensional transporter so quickly? How exactly did two cyborgs sever the link between dimensions and why did it involve them sacrificing themselves? What were they planning on doing if Riko had been eliminated earlier or if she died in the explosion?

Shin should have confessed to Kotori right away, or she should have confessed to him. She didn't even say anything when she was dying. I know confessions are typically interrupted to keep the drama going, but it really undermined the relationship. I would have much preferred sticking with the romance plot if I had to pick between the two.

5/10. Probably won't watch again. Pretty forgettable, even with hot twin ninja girls.

More topics from this board

» Your expectations?

LazyPanther - Dec 17, 2018

15 by egosumjohn »»
Dec 10, 2023 12:39 AM

» Subtitled?

Betelchan - Nov 22, 2019

2 by Betelchan »»
Jan 9, 2020 10:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.