Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 24, 2019 5:23 PM
Jul 2018
Seriously, why do their faces look like this?

Jan 24, 2019 5:24 PM
Nov 2018
PumpkinSpicePie said:
LiedElfen said:

I do think that this show is worse than the manga, in most cases the source it's better than the adaptation and this case is no different, it is basically impossible for this show to be better than the manga just because of the parts skipped and also because the manga isn't just good, it is truly one of the best manga out there currently ongoing.

I'm not saying that the anime is better, and I'm definitely not saying if it were to be better it would be because of the cuts and parts skipped. I'm saying that the manga and anime should be viewed as their own things, as manga and anime are overall different mediums and will come with their own ups and downs.

Though I wouldn't consider the manga a masterpiece or 'one of the best', I do agree with you when it comes to it's quality and effect on the manga landscape. I just believe that making such a general statement about how most times anime adaptations are inferior to their sources neglects the point of an adaptation to begin with.

Adaptations are meant to be their own things, if it isn't for their own individual characteristics differed from the manga there isn't a point for their to be an adaptation in the first place unless it would be something like action. From what I'm getting from your statement, you just want a cut and copy with a new coating, and if so don't complain and just stick with the old coating.

I don't mean to sound rude or objectively accurate, but to me personally your statement is coming off a bit closed minded.

I think you didn't need to sound rude or at the very least you should have had a better selection of words, calling close minded a statememt of a person that is talking to you in a normal way isn't something that adds anything to a discussion.

The manga is one of the best out there because most people think of it as a great work of art, not everyone considers it a masterpiece but even those that don't like it past the first arc recognize it's greatness, it has a 8.7 score in the site and it was a 9 for me so even better than that.

I did not said that anime needs to be a copy paste of the manga, in fact in a post i said that i do know they are different mediums that work in different ways, the one that made the comparison was you saying that the adaptation isn't worst than the source and i pointed that it indeed is worst so far, the anime has room to be better and what have been shown so far has been great, all that i have said in this discussion. People make comparisons eventhough they clearly know that they are two different mediums but that's how it works. It is a fact that in most cases the source is better than the adaptation and that doesn't negate that the adaptation can have it's own identity.
LiedElfenJan 24, 2019 5:34 PM
Jan 24, 2019 5:25 PM

Jun 2016
ItsNoGoodJr said:
So they didn't just completely remove the idea of killing the adults from the anime. It's just more nuanced.

I know. I just pointed out that i wanted to see the scene animated because norman looked cool on the manga, nothing more than that.
Jan 24, 2019 5:46 PM

Jan 2011
They kinda played the crazy face card a bit much with Krone ,was heavily implied they might need to kill them from Ray when they were doing the dishes.

tension did peak at the end the uncertainty of not knowing what one of the kids you're trying to save is a traitor is awful hey maybe that'd start changing Emma's mind
Jan 24, 2019 5:48 PM

Oct 2015
Damn Krone is such a high spirited person and crazy too. That means if they were escaping for real then Norman and Ray would've survived than the rest.

I'm loving Krone right now, and I also want to know the traitor as well. But glasses over there has been checking out Emma, so she is the obvious candidate.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 24, 2019 5:48 PM

Aug 2012
What an outstanding episode. I absolutely love how the three of them work together. Also it's obvious that girl with the glasses is the traitor.
The best of me.
Jan 24, 2019 5:49 PM

Nov 2018
another amazing episode,
i have a feeling its going to get intense soon enough
Jan 24, 2019 5:50 PM

Aug 2012
Escaethorne said:

LOL I was thinking the same thing. Thankfully the main cast looks nothing like that. I just thought it was funny.
The best of me.
Jan 24, 2019 5:51 PM
Aug 2018
Really like the show but I feel the pacing is 2 fast. I haven't read the manga and I've heard they've left out a lot of stuff, which I'm actually fine with. My problem isn't the content (because I think it's great) but how fast it goes. This episode in particular it felt like I didn't get a chance to breath. Every second: dialogue, dialogue; there was no slow moments where we just look at the charachters faces, or see them just standing around being quiet. It feels like the charachters are being used to just shove as much information in your face as humanly possible given the time frame. I love this show, but I wish they gave the audience and charachters a chance to breath. This could have been so much better done with a bigger episode count to really nail home those lingering moments and feelings of suspense. I think the content they currently have is great, but it just feels rushed.
Jan 24, 2019 5:55 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again even if they're moving quite fast and skipping some stuff.

It looks like they want to direct this more as a thriller rather than more mind game oriented like the manga. It's definitely working, the thrill is there but I guess some of the tension that arises from trying to predict the others' moves is lost. Not bad though, it'll work.

Loved how they animated the training tag, the tag game with Sister's Krone's and of course the 'I found you' scene which was quite well done, pretty creepy too.

Looking forward to more next week.
Jan 24, 2019 6:08 PM

Nov 2011
They're trying so hard to make Gilda out to be the snitch. There show doesn't have obvious points like that I feel.

It's probably Don or some other useless side character.

I'm more curious in the development then the outcome of this anime. I am enjoying the ride so far.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 24, 2019 6:09 PM
So far the adaptation really doesn't feel up to par with the manga. I'm just not getting that same tense feeling I got when reading the manga. That might be in part due to knowing what will happen, but it's probably mostly due to the rushed pacing. On a side note, Krone is a bit creepier than I remember her being lol
Jan 24, 2019 6:29 PM
Jul 2018
underscore21 said:
Escaethorne said:

LOL I was thinking the same thing. Thankfully the main cast looks nothing like that. I just thought it was funny.

Not quite as bad, but their mouths are pretty high up their faces.
Jan 24, 2019 6:52 PM
Mar 2017
Sister Krone is so creepy, her faces are quite disturbing.
Krone wants to take advantage of Isabella's problem, but her real problem is Emma, ​​Norman and Ray, although Krone suspects them only because they are the 3 with the best score.
I do not like the way Krone looked at Gilda, it worried me, besides Gilda also acted weird when she and Emma were with the babies.
The tag game was great, I liked how Emma, ​​Norman and Ray handled the children and oriented them, but when sister Krone joined the game it was awesome, that woman looked like a bull at full speed and her face did not make things so nice.
They did not waste time in this episode, they revealed that there is an informer among the children and in this episode they showed a lot to Gilda and Don, in addition to other children who had a scene in the tag game.
The last part where the children prepare for dinner was spectacular, the psychological pressure that Emma felt after knowing that one of the children is an informant was very overwhelming.
Jan 24, 2019 7:15 PM

Dec 2016
Gorsch said:
PurpleGirl203 said:
This new babysiter is very scary ^^; but mother Isabela is way more scarrier!

Intense episode! o_o I have a good idea whose kid is the spy, but I'm not so sure... Can't wait to find out who's the traitor!

Who do you think it is? :)

I may be wrong, but my bet goes to the girl with the glasses... Gilda? :)

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 24, 2019 7:36 PM
Jul 2018
Gosh that woman crept the hell out of me.
Jan 24, 2019 7:40 PM
May 2016
Luffyskywa1ker said:
I kinda find Emma annoying, I understand everyone can't be as cool and calm as Norman and ray cause there wouldn't be a show in the first place. Then again they're only 11.

shes naive thats why shes annoying
Jan 24, 2019 7:41 PM
Dec 2018
I am pretty shall sister krone's room has a good sound insulation. I feel they jump to the conclusion "there is a traitor" way too fast, the logic between that conclusion and premise doesn't really convince me.
DemarcationJan 24, 2019 8:36 PM
A little bit of precision for a large amount of clarity
Jan 24, 2019 7:59 PM

Jul 2016
Not as tense as the previous episode but it was still very interesting.

Sister Krone was introduced as the new obstacle the main trio will have to deal with and so far, I don't know whether to find her antics intriguing (her monologue was quite entertaining to hear) or disturbing as shit... well, at least it seems she won't be a boring character in the slightest. And for that reason, I'm more than curious to know more about her and this "obsession" of wanting to become a Mama.
Also, I have the feeling that she will end up being of help for the kids to escape since she doesn't seem to like Mama that much but that's just me.

All in all, it was a good episode and now, I'm looking forward to seeing what Emma and co. will do regarding the mole issue.
Jan 24, 2019 8:00 PM
Jun 2017
tag games depiction is bad af
Jan 24, 2019 8:02 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
They're really rushing this more and more with each episode lol

Either way, it was still pretty great and I'm very happy that they didn't rush the game of tag vs Creepy Ass Krone
Jan 24, 2019 8:04 PM

Jul 2015
DA_Rialdo said:
I like this episode more than the previous one. They managed to potray Sister Krone's madness perfectly. The game of tag scene is also interesting to watch. I'm still hating on how they cut all monologues making the mc looks dumb compared to the manga. I noticed some scenes were cut but I could tolerated it. Btw, is it just me or are they really
. So far, I give this adaptation a 7/10 score, but I do hope I will improve the score in the next and future episodes

As a manga reader

As for the traitor my thoughts are on Gilda... but I do agree with everyone that it feels slightly rushed imo because it feels like we've gone quite far. I got a feeling they cut down the monologue so each episode isn't heavily densed, but I do infact enjoy them when reading it in the manga.

I dunno if it's a good thing or not that Emma is portrayed as not so smart, despite getting full scores as well, it would be nice to see that side of her more often, but I understand that they need to make those three stand out in different ways.

Now I feel like re-reading the first arc again

I think they're rushing it cause they only have 12 episodes to air instead of 24, that's probably why the dialogue is hashed out unfortunately
silverkey26Jan 24, 2019 8:09 PM
Jan 24, 2019 8:08 PM

Jan 2019
My God this is intense

Krone is...creepy
Can mew imyagine an imyaginyary mewnyagerie mewnyager imyagining mewnyaging an imyaginyary mewnyagerie?
Jan 24, 2019 8:09 PM
Jan 2019
Overall it's a good episode imo!

What I like about the manga version though that was not portrayed that much in the anime is how super smart the children, Krone, and Mama really are. Which I think was presented through internal monologues and removed briefing scenes in the manga.

Regarding the Tag here in this episode.
I would have preferred if it, like in the manga, emphasized a bit more how Krone was devastated by Norman even though he's supposed to be frail.

Another bonus note, during the time Ray tapped Krone, it was portrayed as if Ray is sneaking up with murderous intent which shocked Krone. (Which turns out to be Ray is just informing Krone that the time is up)

Norman however shortly concluded that Ray and Norman can sneak up on Krone and thus making her their first target if ever they consider killing the adults. Meanwhile, it was mentioned that Emma purposely tried to run while carrying the two children to check how far she can run while carrying them. Now she's trying to think of a better plan.

I still like watching the anime though and I definitely look forward for the next episode! I'm just pointing out my opinion regarding what would have made the anime better than it is as of now.
I'm just hoping that they'll regain the complex mind game charm of the manga on the later episodes since that what made me really enjoy Promised Neverland's First Arc as a story.

Jan 24, 2019 8:28 PM
Sep 2016
God this anime is trying so hard to look smart it hurts. We're reaching new levels of cringe inducing pretentious. Make it stop!!
The characters also...meh. Wish they could talk like humans rather than plot devices for a second. These are kids right? how believable....that character writing
(I know your supposed to turn your brain off for shounen jump series but at least they could make the characters slightly more believable? but anyways 3 eps in and the internet says this is an unbridled masterpiece so who am I to say it's kinda dumb?)
And knowing the characters are just props you can tell who the miraculously deduced (cause the least sensible option in that situation lol) traitor is just based off of cliches in tese types of stories
(It's obvious who it is nd I guess that's supposed to shock me or something when it's revealed or whatever)
JudoJDJan 24, 2019 8:38 PM
1.1.Six
Jan 24, 2019 8:33 PM

Sep 2017
Krone is an absolute nut. It kinda creeps me about. Feel like she might get on Moms bad side at some point.

So the logic for a kid being a traitor is that Mom has seemed to stop suspecting them, and this only makes sense if she already knew their every move. Since there's no cameras or listening devices it means that it has to be a kid who has been feeding her info? Idk if I buy that logic, tho it's not the first time I've doubted the logic of this show. Mostly because they are keeping this hidden from the rest of the gang, so they are not gonna be talking about this crap when another kid could be around the same way they wouldn't if mom was around. The only possibility I see is when Emma was blabbling to herself like an idiot with the green haired girl like 2 feet away. But it would be too obvious if green haired girl was a traitor at this point so it'd be dumb.
Jan 24, 2019 8:34 PM

Oct 2017
Hot damn that black lady can run
Jan 24, 2019 8:42 PM

Jul 2015
This adaptation is slowly reaching Pierrot level.

I am pretty much dissapointed.

I can't believe they skipped so much stuff.
Arjuna777Jan 24, 2019 8:56 PM

Jan 24, 2019 8:52 PM

Jul 2017
This anime is very promising.
No pun intended.

Once we realize it, everything will fall into place
Our hearts calling to the future with all their might
We'll move forward, holding each other's shaking hands
Jan 24, 2019 9:03 PM
Jul 2015
The thought procces they show in the anime to get to the conclusion of the spy makes no sense. They shoudnt have cutted that. The manga explanation makes so much more sense
Jan 24, 2019 9:05 PM

May 2016
I’m sorry but as a manga reader I’m offended by this episode.

I think it’s becoming clear they are messing up this adaptation.

Anime is nowhere to close to the feeling when I read the manga.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jan 24, 2019 9:10 PM

May 2016
Bowman145 said:
Good episode. Although they did cut out quite a bit of stuff.

Wasn’t a fan of the Krone doll stuff. She’s wasnt that psychotic in the manga.

And why are the characters not having inner monologues? I mean, Krone didn’t say her plan OUT LOUD in the manga, she had it in an inner monologue.

That was such a horrible and dumb change......

I........
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jan 24, 2019 9:13 PM

Sep 2011
I get that they're repurposing a lot of the inner monologues into dialogue to better suit the medium but did they really have to introduce the weird baby doll for Sister Krone's? Like, it's okay to have an actual inner monologue from time to time.
Jan 24, 2019 9:15 PM
Dec 2018
Regem- said:
The thought procces they show in the anime to get to the conclusion of the spy makes no sense. They shoudnt have cutted that. The manga explanation makes so much more sense

I agree, in the anime it was like "mom is not suspecting us anymore" to "there is a traitor". And i was like "what?". So I read the manga and it makes a lot more sense now.
A little bit of precision for a large amount of clarity
Jan 24, 2019 10:54 PM

Aug 2014
Ryuseishun said:
AyumiVk said:

From what i know i can give my own opinion about an episode.
I've been following the manga since the first arc ended and when i saw the anime announcement some time later i was really looking foward to it. I dont know if you have read the manga, but if you did im sure you would be most likely annoyed that they are cutting so much. The inner monologues are the first arc strongest points and they just chose to remove them completly in the anime.
Readers have the right to be dissapointed.

Details will be cut, regardless. There's no series that has made an exception to that rule. I'm more anime-only, but even if I was into manga and LN, it would be poor judgment for me to try to grade a show based on loyalty to the book sources. It's honestly pointless in most cases to try to judge like that if you're inevitably gonna be disappointed 95% of the time due to a handful of missed things here and there.

I’ve read the manga up the most recent chapter and am loving the anime so far 🤷🏼‍♂️ Some people are just picky I guess
Jan 24, 2019 11:40 PM

Oct 2015
bobbyboiii said:
So this is how it's going to be? Manga readers playing spot the difference and calling the anime trash?

The anime is its own thing, with its own pacing and directorial decisions. They're obviously trying to stand apart from the manga. Just because something was "cut" from this episode, doesn't mean it's going to be left behind. Doubly so for all the "important plot points" that manga readers are crying about.

Trying to judge the quality of this anime by how faithful it is to the pacing and style of its written counterpart is ludicrous. It would be more apt to judge it on it's own merits. What has been shown so far in the anime has been incredible.

Yo thank you so much for this post dude.
Jan 24, 2019 11:56 PM

Jan 2014
Krone is creepy, especially the doll part. dang.. :/

will look forward for more ep to know about the traitor
Visit MyAnimeList | Visit MyProfile | Sig Made by Sacreds
Jan 25, 2019 12:00 AM

Sep 2017
AyumiVk said:
So they skipped even more things, change others to go with the changes and.. we're already up to chapter 10? Almost 5 chapters in an episode.. dude, if i didnt read the manga i would be enjoying this way more but i just cant go back 2 years now. Inner monologues didnt show up so i guess its safe to assume there will be none until the end.

Also why did they cut this :(

when he was talking with ray i got the idea that they're planning to kill her, i think that was better than to directly state it.
Jan 25, 2019 12:10 AM

Nov 2013
Really didn't enjoy this anime as much as the manga..
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Jan 25, 2019 12:43 AM

Mar 2017
glad to know I'm not the only one who felt it was rushed. and that final moments of tag with Krone and Norman were, uhh, idk. weird?
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Jan 25, 2019 12:52 AM

Aug 2018
Longing4Abyss said:
CloverWorks ruins yet another anime. No internal monologues and skipping important information. Good job.

Exactly.
They removed a lot of the analyzing and struggle, training was so fast they made everything seems easier than it actually is. Characters are dumb and make obvious mistakes. Krone is screaming and dancing like a bitch while talking to a doll and surprisingly no one heard her, while in the manga she was talking in her head. Same thing for Emma when she was looking for the tracking device. Smh, anyone who says the anime is better is a wrong-sider. The "death note" element is almost completely removed

Jan 25, 2019 1:15 AM

Nov 2014
Even though this eps adapted 5 chapters while the last one adapted 4, this eps didn't feel as rushed as the last one. Maybe its cuz the action scenes takes up less time.

I really like the scene with Krone and the doll. It made her seem so creepy and crazy. And when she held the kid afterwards I just couldn't stop imagining her throwing the kid into the ceiling like she did with that baby lol
Jan 25, 2019 1:30 AM
Sep 2016
If anyone dont like anime you can drop anime and read manga every anime why they change why they skip you can just read and drop the anime
Jan 25, 2019 1:51 AM
Apr 2016
Sister Krone is straight up A PSYCHO, literally her face is just... Damn, this anime is sooo intense...
Jan 25, 2019 1:52 AM

Jul 2014
Sister Krone definitely has the scary demeanor about herself. A lot of skipped portions from the manga that would've imo made this even darker.
Jan 25, 2019 2:40 AM

Dec 2018
Ok, this is scary!

I do not know why, but it reminds me a bit of HunterxHunter
Jan 25, 2019 3:27 AM
Sep 2016
I can't even handle a second of this show without feeling like someone is watching everything they do, the intensity 0.0

Didn't read the manga, but I'm really enjoying this. Would definitely read the manga soon
Jan 25, 2019 3:29 AM
Apr 2017
LiedElfen said:
PumpkinSpicePie said:

I'm not saying that the anime is better, and I'm definitely not saying if it were to be better it would be because of the cuts and parts skipped. I'm saying that the manga and anime should be viewed as their own things, as manga and anime are overall different mediums and will come with their own ups and downs.

Though I wouldn't consider the manga a masterpiece or 'one of the best', I do agree with you when it comes to it's quality and effect on the manga landscape. I just believe that making such a general statement about how most times anime adaptations are inferior to their sources neglects the point of an adaptation to begin with.

Adaptations are meant to be their own things, if it isn't for their own individual characteristics differed from the manga there isn't a point for their to be an adaptation in the first place unless it would be something like action. From what I'm getting from your statement, you just want a cut and copy with a new coating, and if so don't complain and just stick with the old coating.

I don't mean to sound rude or objectively accurate, but to me personally your statement is coming off a bit closed minded.

I think you didn't need to sound rude or at the very least you should have had a better selection of words, calling close minded a statememt of a person that is talking to you in a normal way isn't something that adds anything to a discussion.

The manga is one of the best out there because most people think of it as a great work of art, not everyone considers it a masterpiece but even those that don't like it past the first arc recognize it's greatness, it has a 8.7 score in the site and it was a 9 for me so even better than that.

I did not said that anime needs to be a copy paste of the manga, in fact in a post i said that i do know they are different mediums that work in different ways, the one that made the comparison was you saying that the adaptation isn't worst than the source and i pointed that it indeed is worst so far, the anime has room to be better and what have been shown so far has been great, all that i have said in this discussion. People make comparisons even though they clearly know that they are two different mediums but that's how it works. It is a fact that in most cases the source is better than the adaptation and that doesn't negate that the adaptation can have it's own identity.

Oh! I understand now! I'm sorry, I misinterpreted your use of 'worst' with it meaning the show is irredeemable, not simply inferior to the show. I misinterpreted you as one of the haters.

Then so I do agree with you that the show right now isn't as enjoyable as the manga is, yet I also agree that it's still pretty enjoyable.

I'm sorry again for misinterpreting what you were saying.
Jan 25, 2019 4:14 AM
Nov 2018
PumpkinSpicePie said:
LiedElfen said:

I did not said that anime needs to be a copy paste of the manga, in fact in a post i said that i do know they are different mediums that work in different ways, the one that made the comparison was you saying that the adaptation isn't worst than the source and i pointed that it indeed is worst so far, the anime has room to be better and what have been shown so far has been great, all that i have said in this discussion. People make comparisons even though they clearly know that they are two different mediums but that's how it works. It is a fact that in most cases the source is better than the adaptation and that doesn't negate that the adaptation can have it's own identity.

Oh! I understand now! I'm sorry, I misinterpreted your use of 'worst' with it meaning the show is irredeemable, not simply inferior to the show. I misinterpreted you as one of the haters.

Then so I do agree with you that the show right now isn't as enjoyable as the manga is, yet I also agree that it's still pretty enjoyable.

I'm sorry again for misinterpreting what you were saying.

Don't worry as it is understandable to mistaken because there is growing a base of "haters" of the anime so far, those people that only say things like "this adaptation has been poor, they have skipped too much...", the things is that taking the anime as it's own medium it has been an enjoyable show so far with three episodes shown been good and even great. I hope that going forward it becomes so good as to pleasure even the" haters".
Jan 25, 2019 4:23 AM

Dec 2013
Krone running looked hilarious.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

567 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.