Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jan 26, 2019 1:44 PM

Jan 2019
I'm glad the anime adaptation is more fast spaced than the manga, also less repetitive dialouges... Now it's promising, i hope they will keep this up and throw out the garbage things on the window.
Merciful lies or painful truth?
Jan 26, 2019 2:02 PM

May 2009
Krone is certainly a special kind of person, she seems like she's kind of a baka compared to the one true mama though.

Mama gets all Tsundere on Krone. "I just requested an assistant, betsuni I requested you specifically dakara ne!" I know she said it nothing that, but I can't help but hear it anyways.

I kind of want to think that the whole spy thing is a red herring, but idk if this series seems like it's willing to throw any red herrings around, it's been pretty straight forward so far. It seems to want to focus more on strategy/action/horror than any sort of mystery. Which I'm honestly fine with so far.

I do have to say that this series makes for a really good group watch because of all the elaborate theories.

Liinah said:
Mama said that she's able to send the kids anytime, then why doesn't she send the ones that found out about the farm already? Or is she waiting for them to be 12 years old? (idk what age they were)

Idk if this was mentioned, avoiding reading cause these topics seem very spoilery..

I assumed it was because of who it was that found out, the top performers on the farm. Norman mentioned his theory about how they save the top performers until they turn 12 because oishii brains or something.

So yea, I think you're right. She's probably just confident that she can just keep them around until they're 12.

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Jan 26, 2019 3:00 PM

Dec 2009
Malware said:
So yea, I think you're right. She's probably just confident that she can just keep them around until they're 12.

That seems to be the case, thank you!
Jan 26, 2019 3:29 PM

Oct 2013
Sister Krone seems to be even bigger threat than Mother. She is not only cunning and very smart, but she is also physically way above Mother (well, we haven't seen Mother's abilities yet, although in my oppinion Krone has better condition anyway). The fact she lost with that game with kids doesn't change the fact she achieved a lot while being only for a short period of time in that kindergarten. Her mind games might be even more dangerous than Mother's.

I really like the theme of our trio (main characters) getting the idea of play hide-and-seek just to master other kids' abilities that will be useful during their escape from the kindergarten. This playtime as a cover for a fast and special training is dedicated literally to all of them (even main characters) and in my oppinion it's gonna be crucial when the time comes. But I share Ray's worries... Unfortunatelly, many of kids won't make it. :( I hope I will be wrong, though, and everyone's gonna be free.

Too bad one of kids is a spy and everything points to that girl with glasses.
Jan 26, 2019 4:59 PM

Feb 2018
God hide and seek nice play norman and ray.
Jan 26, 2019 10:44 PM

May 2015
xZabuzax said:

I just wished I didn't clicked on the spoilers tag about the spy among the children's in a previous post, I accidentally clicked it and now I know who the spy is. Crap, being spoiled sucks.

Me too fml.

It's kinda obvious now thinking about it though.
Jan 27, 2019 3:35 AM

Oct 2018
best comedy of the season

i'm a worm
Jan 27, 2019 5:32 AM

May 2017
Many people are saying that the adaption its not good because they are cutting a lot of parts. I think it's a bad thing also, however i have a lot of friends that are watching it and think its amazing (thtey didnt read the original manga)
anyway, I am kinda liking the promised neverland (the anime) and also i made an amv based on the episode 2, feel free to check it here
Jan 27, 2019 5:59 PM

Apr 2012
As an anime only patron I'd like to say that I'm so far satisfied with how the anime is being done. 7.5/10

To some of the LN and manga readers; forgive me for saying that I don't share any of your malcontent towards this adaptation because I ALWAYS took it upon myself to avoid anything that would form even the slightest preconceived and preconditions that arises when spoiled by source materials. Getting surprised and be put awe when things are revealed as they unfold is what I (and probably others) live for when watching. None of you will ever have that when you watch because you probably all had it when you read about it so the experience wouldn't be as impactful as it would be to us.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jan 28, 2019 2:20 AM

Oct 2013
-Izuma said:
best comedy of the season

Finally somebody said it.
Cracked my ass off when Sister Krone jumpscared with a dubsterp fart.
Jan 28, 2019 7:59 AM

Dec 2009
Flevalt said:
Liinah said:
Mama said that she's able to send the kids anytime, then why doesn't she send the ones that found out about the farm already? Or is she waiting for them to be 12 years old? (idk what age they were)

Idk if this was mentioned, avoiding reading cause these topics seem very spoilery..

Spoilerfree answer:

She believes to have everything under control.
Letting the children figure out about the demons is a slip-up that she does not want their superiors to know about. It puts a nasty stain on her clean record as the top of the top mom's among farms.

I see, I thought everything would be solved if she just sent them already before more would found out but.. apparently not an option. Thanks though!
Jan 28, 2019 12:22 PM
Sep 2008
O_O why did he say that "this kid of product wont exist in 2015" ? (reffering to small devices with batteries that wont leave a scar when such devices existed sine the 2000 XD )
Jan 28, 2019 12:37 PM

Feb 2012
Another really good episode. This show is incredible at building the tension as the situation for the kids worsens. The "cat and mouse" situation between them and the caretakers is fantastic. I'm seriously considering just bingeing the manga but I kinda wanna hold off until the anime is over. So from the episode it seems they are heavily hinting that the glasses girl overheard them talking? At least that's what I got from the way she was watching them this episode. When Emma was checking the new kid for a tracking device I think she needed to be more careful what she was saying and when to do that. The game of tag was great too. Norman and Ray winning was satisfying to see and that look Sister Krone's face.
Jan 28, 2019 3:19 PM

Jul 2012
Hmm, I don't think the glasses girl is a red herring. She might end up being sort of a double agent? We see shots of someone spying on the main 3 in the forest, but there was also a shot that looked like someone was spying on Sister Krone in her bedroom. Glasses girl does seem a little too timid to defy the Mom and/or Sister Krone though, so maybe it's two different people spying? Idk, it'll be fun to see who's who as this plays out!

Also, I read that there was a lot of inner monologue that was spoken aloud in the anime, which is a shame. These kids seem a bit too smart to talk about their plans out in the open like this, especially when Emma was talking about the tracking implants right next to glasses girl.
Jan 28, 2019 4:10 PM
Jul 2016
Can people just STFU about the manga, most of us are watching the anime and judging it off that. Not whatever you read way back when with some grandiose imagination of what it could/should have been.

All in all, anime is on a pretty weak path so far.
Jan 28, 2019 6:21 PM

May 2016
anesubt said:
Can people just STFU about the manga, most of us are watching the anime and judging it off that. Not whatever you read way back when with some grandiose imagination of what it could/should have been.

Do you realize this is manga? Not a novel right?

Both are VISUAL media. There’s no imagination. Everything has been drawn.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jan 28, 2019 8:45 PM

Dec 2016
Longing4Abyss said:
How dumb could you possibly be to say this

No dumber than someone whose sole contribution to the forums is to go around calling people dumb. Good lord.
Jan 29, 2019 1:35 AM

Nov 2011
Decent, feels like the Adults are just toying with them at this point cause they know everything, but the kids can take advantage of the rift between the two adults I feel.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 29, 2019 3:30 AM
Jan 2019
I have never read the manga and am just watching thr adaption. I dead ass made this account because I wanted to see genuine postive reactions or ones that capured how me and my brother felt watching this and yet all I see is people saying they didnt feel creeped out.

BRUUUH yall crazy lmao I felt creeep the fuck out and Im grown ass man. The way her face kept lookin like some GET OUT shit had me shook af. This whole episode my heart kept racing.

Absolutely amazing episode. Very excited for EP4

NO SPOILDER BUT HERE MY PREDICTION I KNOW THAT GREEN HAIRED LIL SHORTY WAS EVIL AF

SCREW DAT SNITCH
Jan 29, 2019 3:36 AM
Jan 2019
Janethan23 said:
As an anime only patron I'd like to say that I'm so far satisfied with how the anime is being done. 7.5/10

To some of the LN and manga readers; forgive me for saying that I don't share any of your malcontent towards this adaptation because I ALWAYS took it upon myself to avoid anything that would form even the slightest preconceived and preconditions that arises when spoiled by source materials. Getting surprised and be put awe when things are revealed as they unfold is what I (and probably others) live for when watching. None of you will ever have that when you watch because you probably all had it when you read about it so the experience wouldn't be as impactful as it would be to us.

AGREE 100%

ITs like there a certain beauty to watching something with no notions of what it is and then just being in awe when shits starts happening. My brother kept telling me to watch this and we finally did today cause Fornevlerworld & Robb Bank$ cosigned it.

I had no idea what it was about and I did that on purpose so I could fully immerse myself in the anime and Im happy I did. I feel like people who read Manga then watch Anime of course will never be fully satisfied and seeing their negative reactions bugs me for someone who is really enjoying the series

Thank you for your post
Jan 29, 2019 3:41 AM
Jan 2019
TheSteelSamurai said:
Manga readers are kinda ruining this show for me, though they ARE selling me on the manga. I mean, I think the show is actually pretty darn good, but if you say it can be BETTER, then that's a true disappointment.

Im reading these manga user replies and its coming across so just hyper critical.
Jan 29, 2019 4:22 AM
Aug 2018
I wonder if Mom is only letting them attempt their escape so they get smarter, which would make them tastier.
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
Jan 29, 2019 5:02 AM

Dec 2018
It has some little credible details, but it really is a good anime, I do not understand how people are so hater as to say it is worse than mirai nikki, seriously that kind of idiocies I've heard
Jan 29, 2019 11:45 AM

Apr 2012
ShishaHokage said:
...NO SPOILDER BUT HERE MY PREDICTION I KNOW THAT GREEN HAIRED LIL SHORTY WAS EVIL AF

SCREW DAT SNITCH
I suspect that green haired glasses girl (Gilda) but I think she's a red herring. She's too obvious with the way she's being introduced.
Janethan23Jan 29, 2019 11:49 AM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jan 29, 2019 12:54 PM
Jan 2019
Ray and Norman are my favorites so far. Emma... I know she wants to save the kids but the problem is they are small and will be confused. We are dealing with demons and I much rather for them to be "safe" than see them be eaten in the outside world. If there are any survivors out there, then I will make a plan to rescue them. It's all a mind game so maybe Emma has to make a decision to leave them behind. IDK we will see
Jan 29, 2019 1:13 PM
Jan 2019
Ray and Norman are my favorites so far. Emm
HereticHunter said:
I don't remember Krone being so Edgy on the manga xD. Probably the addition of fluent animation and her voice actor.

AyumiVk said:
So they skipped even more things, change others to go with the changes and.. we're already up to chapter 10? Almost 5 chapters in an episode.. dude, if i didnt read the manga i would be enjoying this way more but i just cant go back 2 years now. Inner monologues didnt show up so i guess its safe to assume there will be none until the end.

Also why did they cut this :(

I'm gonna make a campaign to nuke Cloverworks if you want to join... lol

It's sad to see this great manga get such a poor adaptation. Not getting any monologue would be really bad, because most of them had an emotional impact to the reader.

I remember reading this panel last year and I was like "Dayum Norman"
You
HereticHunter said:
I don't remember Krone being so Edgy on the manga xD. Probably the addition of fluent animation and her voice actor.

AyumiVk said:
So they skipped even more things, change others to go with the changes and.. we're already up to chapter 10? Almost 5 chapters in an episode.. dude, if i didnt read the manga i would be enjoying this way more but i just cant go back 2 years now. Inner monologues didnt show up so i guess its safe to assume there will be none until the end.

Also why did they cut this :(

It's sad to see this great manga get such a poor adaptation. Not getting any monologue would be really bad, because most of them had an emotional impact on the reader.

I understand but manga and anime are different. Anime makers don't want to spoil all the content in 3 episodes. I think they are going to add the missing content to make it more cohesive. Mangas like to rush things because they have 40 pages for each chapter but anime has only 20 minutes so they need to extend to make it good.
Jan 29, 2019 3:53 PM

Feb 2016
Kristy_Delile said:
HereticHunter said:

It's sad to see this great manga get such a poor adaptation. Not getting any monologue would be really bad, because most of them had an emotional impact on the reader.

I understand but manga and anime are different. Anime makers don't want to spoil all the content in 3 episodes. I think they are going to add the missing content to make it more cohesive. Mangas like to rush things because they have 40 pages for each chapter but anime has only 20 minutes so they need to extend to make it good.

Uh no, I don't think you understand what was being discussed there. If you haven't read the manga you wouldn't understand why the stuff that has been cut is so valuable. Of course, Manga and Anima are different, but we ain't expecting a 100% adaptation. We are just disappointed that there were little details on the manga that made the experience way better that is missing in the Anime. Most of the cut content wouldn't make any sense if they put it later anyway, so there's no way they are going to include it later. (Notice that I said most of it)
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 29, 2019 9:44 PM

Apr 2018
Sister Krone with that devious face scares me xD! I wonder who the traitor is and how they will escape. The mind games are real and Emma with the strategy of training everyone was good!
Jan 29, 2019 11:32 PM

May 2017
DAMN!! Sister Krone so strong,how can they beat him?
Jan 30, 2019 5:15 AM
Oct 2017
Did anyone else notice at like 1:55 into the episode, there was this kid thot got absolutely nailed by a soccer ball 😂😂
Jan 30, 2019 7:39 AM
Jan 2019
HereticHunter said:
Kristy_Delile said:

Uh no, I don't think you understand what was being discussed there. If you haven't read the manga you wouldn't understand why the stuff that has been cut is so valuable. Of course, Manga and Anima are different, but we ain't expecting a 100% adaptation. We are just disappointed that there were little details on the manga that made the experience way better that is missing in the Anime. Most of the cut content wouldn't make any sense if they put it later anyway, so there's no way they are going to include it later. (Notice that I said most of it)
I
HereticHunter said:
Kristy_Delile said:

I've read the 120 chapters of Promised Neverland so far. Look, I understand that they left some little things that make it a little interesting but it doesn't change the fact that this anime is good. Black Clover is missing many things and its still going with 67 episodes and more. What I am saying is anime or even movies can't do a copy cat film just like the manga or books. Those small things does not change the course of the real important thing... Escaping. Its still a good mind changing anime and I will continue to watch it no matter what.
Jan 30, 2019 9:02 AM

Feb 2016
Kristy_Delile said:
HereticHunter said:

I
HereticHunter said:

I've read the 120 chapters of Promised Neverland so far. Look, I understand that they left some little things that make it a little interesting but it doesn't change the fact that this anime is good. Black Clover is missing many things and its still going with 67 episodes and more. What I am saying is anime or even movies can't do a copy cat film just like the manga or books. Those small things does not change the course of the real important thing... Escaping. Its still a good mind changing anime and I will continue to watch it no matter what.

I never said it wasn't good, I said it was disappointing because there were some details that made the experience better on the manga which is missing on the anime. Big difference. Now, don't get me wrong, I do like it, but it could have been handled better, that's all.

(I don't know why you even mention Black Clover, there's no point on mentioning it)
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 30, 2019 9:44 AM
Jul 2016
TeamDalaiLana said:
anesubt said:

Do you realize this is manga? Not a novel right?

Both are VISUAL media. There’s no imagination. Everything has been drawn.

Possible outcomes to video adaptions of manga can vary greatly depending on the Director, Writers, Artists, Producers, Studio etc..
Jan 30, 2019 9:47 AM
Jul 2016
SSL443 said:
Longing4Abyss said:
How dumb could you possibly be to say this

No dumber than someone whose sole contribution to the forums is to go around calling people dumb. Good lord.

x1000000. I don't understand how its dumb to get aggravated at people thinking the correct defence for a Video animation being done poorly or well is because of a book. It justifies absolutely nothing.

Case study - Berserk Anime & Berserk Manga
Jan 30, 2019 9:47 AM

May 2016
Sister Krone feels like she should be in one of those action movies with comedy of course.
Jan 30, 2019 1:54 PM

Oct 2008
Another perfect intense episode!
That adult maid is such a brute!
Nice one Norman & Ray! she didn't catch the two!
so Emma's weakness is naivete! since she's too attached with all other kids... the brute maid is on her side? defeinitely a blatant lie!
Hard to guess who is the traitor, maybe the girl with big megane glasses?
5/5.

Jan 30, 2019 6:44 PM
Jul 2018
Even freaking BKA show gives huge importance not to miss those inner monologues and that impacts alot with the plot twists especially with this story. Now most of the twists feeling quite plain and at this rate its hamper the manga's brilliance at the very later part (especially if ever 2nd season comes). Anyway its still being enjoyable nevertheless.
Jan 30, 2019 8:00 PM

Sep 2015
Glasses Girl is an obvious falseflag.
Besides, no other kids got any development except for the main trio. Emma cant be traitor, she is the protag, Norman is a crazy yandere judging from what he said and how he looked in 2nd episode.
My bet on bookworm guy, since he has realistic view on their situation. Its better to survive alone than die wiith everyone, thats how survival instinct works.
The opinions of people with shit taste, such as yourself, may differ of course.
Jan 31, 2019 4:28 AM

May 2016
Sister Krone looks less monstrous throughout the episode except for that horrifying shot when she found Emma. Aside from that one scene, she has a pretty comical and possibly even sisterly nature in here compared to the manga.

They have the escape ropes ready, are training the kids to escape undetected, and found where the tracking devices are located. All that's left is to find out how to remove them, how to bypass both Krone and Isabella, and to find out how to bring the orphanage infants along with them up the ropes.

Jan 31, 2019 7:30 AM
Jan 2019
I love it its something new you made a great worknow
Jan 31, 2019 9:00 AM
Jan 2019
HereticHunter said:
Kristy_Delile said:
I

I never said it wasn't good, I said it was disappointing because there were some details that made the experience better on the manga which is missing on the anime. Big difference. Now, don't get me wrong, I do like it, but it could have been handled better, that's all.

(I don't know why you even mention Black Clover, there's no point on mentioning it)
HereticHunter said:
Kristy_Delile said:
I

Well Black Clover is a good example of
HereticHunter said:
Kristy_Delile said:
I

HereticHunter said:
Kristy_Delile said:
I

Well, Black Clover is a good example of an anime that has many flaws but is still good. People did not like Black Clover because of the animationa and/or Asta but it is going based on the Manga. I'm just trying to compare that anime can be good without little things that are missing.
Jan 31, 2019 11:51 AM

Aug 2013
Sister Krone sure is creepy.

That tag game was quite intense.

Jan 31, 2019 1:12 PM

Mar 2017
Sister Krone is so goddamn creepy.
Feb 1, 2019 1:41 AM

Jan 2011
I love how hammy Krone is.
Feb 1, 2019 10:00 AM

Jun 2015
That woman is totally whack. She is bad news.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Feb 1, 2019 2:44 PM
Dec 2018
An other great chapter!! Norman and Gray are brilliant, always thinking in all the posible things. And the enormous hearth ad Emma is adorable😍😍, I hope she will be like this.
And Krone scared me, more when she said to Emma that she know all, I hate she.
Feb 1, 2019 2:48 PM
Dec 2018
Skana said:
Sister Krone is certainly disturbing, I'm curious to see what she will do. Episode very fast, maybe it cut a bit 'too much from the manga but not having read it is just a personal thought. Ah, I suspect the girl with glasses, but we'll see.

I don't read the manga, but I think so.
And the girl with glasses, now we are two. Jaja
Feb 1, 2019 2:54 PM
Dec 2018
[quote=Skana][quote=Mavis_Archeman]
Skana said:

This series is unpredictable at best. Is really hard to know who is who and if is a good person// or no. Goddammn manga readers :(

Yes, no? It seem like this, we already see that with the time.
Feb 3, 2019 8:43 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Very nice writing when you can introduce the mature concept of a traitor into a children's environment. Totally taken with this anime so far.
Feb 3, 2019 9:04 PM
Aug 2017
The way Norman looked down on her,damn badass. They scored an epic victory royale on that sister.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

567 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.