3It was OK
20.5%
2Disliked it
7.7%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.2
39 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2019 11:20 PM

Mar 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Dissapointed that these side stories dont really focus on Usa and Ritsu, and barely go into depth about Shiro and Mayumis relationship.
Still nice to see what the gang is doing after the main story though
Jul 1, 2019 3:16 AM

Mar 2019
Sighh these side stories should of just been a further continuation of usa and ritsu's relationship and shiro and mayumis.. Bit disappointing, still never even got a kiss between them.
Mar 31, 2020 2:45 PM
Nov 2017
Still no kiss. But it was nice to see college ritsu doing well. Maybe one day there will be another special that focuses on her and usa and maybe on his underclassmen friends from high school.

This series was amazing from beginning to end. I'd happily read more any day. But I have to wonder if the author didn't feel comfortable focusing on ritsu and USA, or mayumi and shire together because they arent good at depicting a happy functional relationship. This was a romance series and a great humorous character driven series. But the final relationships weren't ever fully depicted in much depth. Just enough for us to see that the characters have grown and are happy. And I do appreciate that and that the specials also showed they all stay in touch and see each other frequently

I'll miss my kawai family. I'll definitely reread this again soon. I hope one day the anime continues. Or maybe sentai will finally dub it and distribute it more. It deserves more attention
Apr 18, 2020 1:33 AM

Nov 2018
If only the chapter wasn't about that Takashi dude, it would've been 100x more enjoyable for me. Gosh that dipshit ruined it all. But on the flip side, it was nice to see Ritsu and Usa being together. Would've loved to see Hayashi instead of that arrogant fuck (Takashi) who thinks he would've been a better choice for Ritsu. Fuck that dude.
Jan 6, 2021 7:56 AM
Jan 2014
I also would've liked more chapters focusing on Ritsu/Usa's relationship after they started dating (during highschool/college), but overall as the whole series, it's still just perfect.
Jan 23, 2022 10:01 AM
Aug 2021
I loved how it ended at chapter 90 (peak Kawai Complex shenanigans with all the embarrassment), but I will say that the bonus chapters didn't really butter my toast. The first and third ones (focusing on Sayaka and Mayumi/Shiro were decent enough), but fuck me did we really need a chapter on Mayumi's friend or that absolute fuckface Takahashi?

If the second one gave us a bit on Sumiko and the last one focused entirely on Usa and Ritsu that would've been just fine. The Mayumi/Shiro couple was pretty much solidified from the moment he picked her up at that mixer with her high school friends. She's an absolute scumbag and doesn't deserve all those men she thinks she does. Shiro accepts her as she is, at her best and at her worst. I don't mine how their story ended because it wasn't so much a "what if" but rather just a matter of time.

The last chapter focusing on that fuckface Takahashi really does sour the mood. I would've loved to see a bit more of a time skip to USA and Ritsu living together, preferably married. Or at least a kiss for fuck's sake! But no, we got fuckface Takahashi. That guy wants to lament over the past now, yet put in almost 0 work in to get closer to Ritsu. He even had both a year headstart on Usa and had the benefit of being in her class, gave up after a single feeble attempt, and now wants to bitch about it. Usa put in the hours to break down Ritsu's shell in a way that was non-aggressive and highly necessary. Now Takahashi wants to take advantage of all Usa's work and swoop in like this is some sort of NTR doujin. He even targeted her while she was vulnerable (drunk and having had an argument with her boyfriend), and still got rejected like the fuckface he is. In case you haven't noticed, I don't like Takahashi.

Now that I think about it, in addition to fixing the bonus chapters to be Sayaka, Sumiko, Mayumi/Shiro and Usa/Ritsu, two more with Hayashi and Kurokawa, and Sakuma and Shiina, would've been HIGHLY appreciated. Imagine seeing Hayashi and Kurokawa as a couple who takes over a shrine but just act like complete chuunis the whole time, and seeing Sakuma and Shiina together would've been great too - I had my suspicions that she never romantically liked Usa, but instead like Sakuma and acted like a tsundere towards him, but there were hints that she may have liked Usa but gave up cos she knew she could never beat Ritsu.

All in all, I gave it a 9/10, simply because the icing on the cake wasn't icing, it was sour cream. I do however think that these have been some of the most memorable characters I've ever read about, especially Mayumi and Shiro. The female characters were particularly strong, and I think that comes from the author being a woman. Female characters written by men are often just one dimensional Mary-Sues with big tits and personalities as shallow as piss puddles, but Miyahara really brought her characters alive. This is in my top 3 romcoms of all time, as it was a really wild ride. The comedy was some of the best I've seen, and Usa's tsukkomis were legendary. With a better ending, this could've been a 10/10 and rivalled my all time favourite romcom, Boarding School Juliet.
Feb 5, 2022 8:23 PM

Jun 2013
The whole manga was cute and sweet, maybe a little cliché and repeatable at times, but it was an amazing read... until the last few chapters. I don't know what the hell this mangaka was smoking, but after cutting the story abruptly in chapter 90 he gave us hope by announcing 4 bonus chapters, which turned out to be absolutely terrible. Everyone was dying to see more of Ritsu and Usa, and we got some shitty backstories of side characters that no one cares about. Like c'mon, Takahashi and Mayumi's friend, really dude??
I should've stopped reading at the peak, which was the confession, because now this bitter feeling will stay forever. Sad.
Sep 10, 2022 8:39 AM
Jan 2022
ponygobyebye said:
I loved how it ended at chapter 90 (peak Kawai Complex shenanigans with all the embarrassment), but I will say that the bonus chapters didn't really butter my toast. The first and third ones (focusing on Sayaka and Mayumi/Shiro were decent enough), but fuck me did we really need a chapter on Mayumi's friend or that absolute fuckface Takahashi?

If the second one gave us a bit on Sumiko and the last one focused entirely on Usa and Ritsu that would've been just fine. The Mayumi/Shiro couple was pretty much solidified from the moment he picked her up at that mixer with her high school friends. She's an absolute scumbag and doesn't deserve all those men she thinks she does. Shiro accepts her as she is, at her best and at her worst. I don't mine how their story ended because it wasn't so much a "what if" but rather just a matter of time.

The last chapter focusing on that fuckface Takahashi really does sour the mood. I would've loved to see a bit more of a time skip to USA and Ritsu living together, preferably married. Or at least a kiss for fuck's sake! But no, we got fuckface Takahashi. That guy wants to lament over the past now, yet put in almost 0 work in to get closer to Ritsu. He even had both a year headstart on Usa and had the benefit of being in her class, gave up after a single feeble attempt, and now wants to bitch about it. Usa put in the hours to break down Ritsu's shell in a way that was non-aggressive and highly necessary. Now Takahashi wants to take advantage of all Usa's work and swoop in like this is some sort of NTR doujin. He even targeted her while she was vulnerable (drunk and having had an argument with her boyfriend), and still got rejected like the fuckface he is. In case you haven't noticed, I don't like Takahashi.

Now that I think about it, in addition to fixing the bonus chapters to be Sayaka, Sumiko, Mayumi/Shiro and Usa/Ritsu, two more with Hayashi and Kurokawa, and Sakuma and Shiina, would've been HIGHLY appreciated. Imagine seeing Hayashi and Kurokawa as a couple who takes over a shrine but just act like complete chuunis the whole time, and seeing Sakuma and Shiina together would've been great too - I had my suspicions that she never romantically liked Usa, but instead like Sakuma and acted like a tsundere towards him, but there were hints that she may have liked Usa but gave up cos she knew she could never beat Ritsu.

All in all, I gave it a 9/10, simply because the icing on the cake wasn't icing, it was sour cream. I do however think that these have been some of the most memorable characters I've ever read about, especially Mayumi and Shiro. The female characters were particularly strong, and I think that comes from the author being a woman. Female characters written by men are often just one dimensional Mary-Sues with big tits and personalities as shallow as piss puddles, but Miyahara really brought her characters alive. This is in my top 3 romcoms of all time, as it was a really wild ride. The comedy was some of the best I've seen, and Usa's tsukkomis were legendary. With a better ending, this could've been a 10/10 and rivalled my all time favourite romcom, Boarding School Juliet.

necroing because I finished it today. I think showing how much a scumbag Takeshi is kinda the point of the chapter (BUT IT SOURS ME THAT IT'S NOT ABOUT USA AND RITSU SEMPAI ONLY), dude's a fucking sleazebag and even smug enough to tell Usa that he tried to move on his girl. Shit's cringe. I think even the author dislikes this character so much that they wrote a chapter solely show just how much Ritsu doesn't give a fuck about that fuckface.
Sep 24, 2022 2:28 PM
Nov 2018
i cant believe the whole manga went pass us without a SINGLE FUCKING KISS, once the relation between usa and ritsu was establish there wasnt a single chapter between these two where they showed affection to each other without being interrupted by the rest of the residents at kawai complex, it feels like such a waste specially since the bonus chapters were wasted one on manami and other on takahashi, but the latter points out something i really liked: how usa never quits, despite the inital rejection of ritsu and the constant interference of mayumi, he keeps going, he keeps trying, little by little carving a path onto ritsu's heart and that takahashi recognizes that himself wouldnt have tried so hard, that he wouldnt have put in the effort needed in order to open her heart, i think i really helps to elevates usa as a character, it reminds of godai from maison ikkoku but a little less miserable. All in all, a great manga, i really liked.
Dec 8, 2022 2:24 PM

Dec 2015
Usa and Ritsu figuring out that giving her strong drinks will make her less of a problem was hilarious. Oh, so Sayaka officially moved out already. Shiro is still doing this same dance with Mayumi I see. They're going to grow old together doing that aren't they.

Mayumi giving actually good advice. Haven't seen that since she yelled at Usa.

Megumi's stay was shorter than I expected but I'm glad she finally snapped on her boss for a change. Hopefully she can become chief again.

Last special chapter - Crunchyroll has the last chapter as 94 but I'll l just leave my thoughts on this discussion here.

Didn't expect to see something with Takahashi. Shiina and Sakuma or Hayashi and Kurokawa would've been more fun. At least we go to see how Ritsu is in college... the seminar was about Shiro's books. Oh man that's a very conflicting topic. The professor was spot in with Shiro's character though.

Drunk Ritsu is awesome. She still sings the national anthem at karaoke for some reason XD. And she pulled a Mayumi.

And of course he Takahashi was rejected. Maybe now he can work towards another relationship or maybe work out the one that he has dangling by a thread.
hai_X_isDec 8, 2022 2:45 PM
Mar 5, 2023 2:10 PM

Feb 2020
Mann.... This manga has left a sense of emptiness in my heart. Even tho everything is fine but it just doesn't feel right. It shouldn't have ended like this.

Rhaegar0 said:
The whole manga was cute and sweet, maybe a little cliché and repeatable at times, but it was an amazing read... until the last few chapters. I don't know what the hell this mangaka was smoking, but after cutting the story abruptly in chapter 90 he gave us hope by announcing 4 bonus chapters, which turned out to be absolutely terrible. Everyone was dying to see more of Ritsu and Usa, and we got some shitty backstories of side characters that no one cares about. Like c'mon, Takahashi and Mayumi's friend, really dude??
I should've stopped reading at the peak, which was the confession, because now this bitter feeling will stay forever. Sad.

Exactly. The story started with Kawai Complex and its residents and it should've ended with Kawai Complex and its Residents. It feels like there is no Conclusion to this Manga. The Author just abandoned them.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawai-sou Chapter 92 Discussion

hai_X_is - Dec 8, 2022

0 by hai_X_is »»
Dec 8, 2022 2:05 PM

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawai-sou Chapter 91 Discussion

hai_X_is - Dec 8, 2022

0 by hai_X_is »»
Dec 8, 2022 1:35 PM

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawai-sou Chapter 90 Discussion

hai_X_is - Dec 8, 2022

0 by hai_X_is »»
Dec 8, 2022 1:17 PM

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Chapter 89 Discussion

rajin90 - Dec 1, 2017

9 by hai_X_is »»
Dec 8, 2022 12:15 PM

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Chapter 88 Discussion

rajin90 - Oct 30, 2017

6 by hai_X_is »»
Dec 8, 2022 12:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.