Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 20, 2019 7:35 PM
Mar 2017
I know its pretty early but I was just wondering if they are gonna try to adapt more of the manga or if this is just purely promotional
Jan 20, 2019 9:05 PM

Mar 2016
It’s too early to say man. I imagine it would at least partially depend on how well the anime is received too.
Jan 21, 2019 4:55 AM

Apr 2018
I want a season 2 so my nino can shine

And it better have better animation quality
Jan 23, 2019 3:43 PM

May 2009
Not even third episode is out and you are asking about chances for 2nd season? Come on.
Jan 24, 2019 4:20 AM
Jun 2014
Based on what directional decisions were made so far, I'm fairly certain that they are gonna adapt 2 chapters per episode till Episode 4, then 3 chapters per episode onwards. That way the ending will be Chapter 32, an absolute neutral point.

That doesn't exclude the possibility of a second season, but a full adaptation just became questionable.
In a recent interview, the author said that he doesn't know if the manga ends this or next year, but he already knows how many volumes he wants and drew the cover of Volume 7 according to it. He is against dragging things out.

5toubun needs at least 3 cours to adapt the manga fully, but even with 3, the last one would be rushed, assuming it will end somewhere around Chapter 120, based on the information.

S1: Chapter 32
S2: Chapter 68
S3: A rushed adaptation till the end.

But if they are not gonna announce S2 immediately after S1, and if it won't come this Summer or Fall, then it was just a promotional anime since they knew the manga won't be ongoing for much longer.
Jan 24, 2019 5:33 AM

May 2016
Hope it does well with sales.
Jan 27, 2019 10:19 AM
Mar 2017
SogiitaGunha said:
Based on what directional decisions were made so far, I'm fairly certain that they are gonna adapt 2 chapters per episode till Episode 4, then 3 chapters per episode onwards. That way the ending will be Chapter 32, an absolute neutral point.

That doesn't exclude the possibility of a second season, but a full adaptation just became questionable.
In a recent interview, the author said that he doesn't know if the manga ends this or next year, but he already knows how many volumes he wants and drew the cover of Volume 7 according to it. He is against dragging things out.

5toubun needs at least 3 cours to adapt the manga fully, but even with 3, the last one would be rushed, assuming it will end somewhere around Chapter 120, based on the information.

S1: Chapter 32
S2: Chapter 68
S3: A rushed adaptation till the end.

But if they are not gonna announce S2 immediately after S1, and if it won't come this Summer or Fall, then it was just a promotional anime since they knew the manga won't be ongoing for much longer.

Do you have a link to this interview?
Jan 27, 2019 7:50 PM
Jan 2019
I think season 2 will depend on achievement in season 1
Jan 28, 2019 2:11 AM
Jun 2014
pedrobro13 said:

Do you have a link to this interview?

https://youtu.be/mWqO3n-ejhY

>Q. Since when did you decided to become a mangaka?
>A. The first time I have dreamed of it was in elementary school, but I gave up on it, because it would be hard to be successful. When I became a high school student, one of my friends showed a manga drawn by himself. I thought it was good, so I also drew mine. That's when I begun to decide to become a mangaka.

>Q. Since when did you draw manga by computer?
>A. Since when I first drew manga. It was in 2009. I feel nervous when I draw arts by pen.

>Q. How much time does it take when you draw a chapter?
>A. 2 days for meeting with the editor, and five days for drawing. I start drawing after I wake up until I sleep. I feel like I'm doing something wrong when I don't draw, like when I am bathing.

>Q. How can you draw such cute girls?
>A. 10 years ago, my friends said I'm really bad at drawing cute girls. So I tried hard to become better. I viewed human pictures and think about why is it cute, and various definitions of cute in various eras.

>Q. Which character is the hardest to draw?
>A. The problem is usually comes from long hair or items. So it's Nino... and Miku. Miku's headphones is a problem. Sometimes, I regret giving her one. I have to concentrate and change my schedule when I draw a Miku chapter. Ichika? I'm always thankful to her.

>Q. How do you practice drawing?
>A. I can't do that right now, but my editor suggested me to draw from other series that I like. The most important thing is always thinking about how to draw well.

>Q. What's the main point of 5toubun no hanayome in 2019?
>A. We already passed the turning point. I have decided how many volumes are left when I drew the Ichika cover for Volume 7. I depicted the quints' feeling towards Fuutarou until now, but since they will marry in the end, their feelings should become mutual from now on. Focusing on Fuutarou's feelings, I'll draw an ending which as many readers as possible can accept. I think it's impossible to drag things out interestingly. I don't know if it will end in this year or not, but I'll properly deliever what is inside me until it ends.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

301 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 13, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

112 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 9, 6:45 AM

» My review of the 5-toubun no Hanayome

aTi - Apr 4

17 by ElmoBoredAsf »»
Apr 5, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2019

237 by otakuanity »»
Mar 29, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

193 by Tiger_Tank-II »»
Mar 3, 1:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.