Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 19, 2019 10:08 PM

Mar 2017
What are some of the weirdest story premises you've come across in manga?
For me it's a tie between Fire Candy and Gon and Palepoli.

Fire Candy is about people that can't reproduce normally anymore so now people have animal genes in addition to their human genes. But that's not even what it is really about since it focuses on these rollerblade delinquents that hate each other. Too bad it was dropped. It was really interesting imo.

Gon is literally about a little dinosaur with a big attitude that beats up bullies and makes friends with other dinos. And without a single word

Palepoli is a four-panel gag manga written by a guy that studied 3D sculpting and didn't know anything about manga. It was horrendous but a couple scenes were funny out of like 120 or so. Here's one
Jan 19, 2019 11:08 PM

Feb 2008
Death Note- you write in a book and somone dies. If you think about it it’s pretty weird.

Trouble Chocolate- technically an anime but just a representation of random and weird

Bobobo-bo bo-bobo- nuf said.

And Gon is a masterpiece of a series.
Jan 19, 2019 11:48 PM

Dec 2016
gantz is pretty damn weird.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Jan 20, 2019 2:24 AM

Feb 2013
Palepoli is great, get out of here.

No one can top Abe Youichi when it comes to weird (but really good) story premises though. Just look at Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko or Sore Wa Tada no Senpai no Chinko.
Jan 24, 2019 10:17 PM
May 2017
Midori no Hibi is about a guy who wakes up with a small girl is place of his hand
https://myanimelist.net/anime/330/Midori_no_Hibi?q=mi
Jan 25, 2019 2:32 PM

Aug 2013
It's funny for you to say that of Palepoli because it was done by a really renowned author lol

I'd say Nijigahara Holograph, Dorohedoro or Freesia, but probably the first out of the three. Palepoli is weird but it doesn't make any sense, so it's a cutesy weird instead of real weird.
Jan 25, 2019 9:40 PM

Mar 2017
Satyr_icon said:
It's funny for you to say that of Palepoli because it was done by a really renowned author lol

I'd say Nijigahara Holograph, Dorohedoro or Freesia, but probably the first out of the three. Palepoli is weird but it doesn't make any sense, so it's a cutesy weird instead of real weird.

I think Palepoli was his first manga too.

I've read those other 3 works you mentioned, and yeah Dorohedoro and Freesia are definitely pretty weird. Dorohedoro had such a flustercluck of a storyline but still was pretty good. Dont remember a single thing about Nijigahara tho lol

More topics from this board

» 8 Manga to Get to Know You

spaceslut - Mar 12, 2023

37 by PlasticRobot »»
5 hours ago

» Do you guys read manga online or physically? ( 1 2 )

LemonXChio - Oct 27, 2023

66 by Oofmastre9000 »»
7 hours ago

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

8 by YeeYeeAss »»
7 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

376 by HapHazrD »»
Today, 4:50 AM

Poll: » Manga or Light Novels: Which do you prefer?

Digibutter64 - Jan 1, 2020

29 by Jutrio »»
Yesterday, 10:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.