Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2019 4:25 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Trapped in that cage like rats.

Weird episode but I find it strangely amusing with the amount of absurd humor in it. Mostly, I think this show uses these creative ideas. That host has such a charisma lol
Jan 19, 2019 4:53 PM

Oct 2015
Unfortunately I could only listen to this episode live and not see it because the only free Fuji TV live stream I could ever find is covered by an annoying window. But even while listening to it it sounded interesting.
Jan 19, 2019 7:49 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Well, that ending had me quite shocked and gave me goosebumps.
Jan 20, 2019 3:55 AM

Aug 2016
I love these occasional episodes of social commentary.
Never thought they would do an episode on comedienne joke stealing, guess it's an issue in Japan too.
The main guy definitely get's what he deserves, he chose the spotlight over his family.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Jan 20, 2019 7:32 AM

Sep 2011
I never thought I would agree with Nezumi-Otoko, but that man really only cared about the spotlight, and fame. Kitarou went out of his way not once, but twice to save him; but he couldn't take the shame and mortification of losing like that. He couldn't let go of his past, and gave in the last minute, trading his life for an ephemeral glory.

It was a really good episode, Kitarou is usually an ally of the humans, but that's because they are usually victims. This one once again showed me how fair he is, he protected that youkai's rights, understanding his pain of having his song stolen, and became an intermediary so that no one had to get further hurt. That man really only has himself to blame.
Jan 21, 2019 2:57 AM

Oct 2015
Sara Kozo is such a jerk! If you don't want your song to be "stolen" don't sing it out loud! You're bound to infect people with its catchiness! What does it matter to him that humans sing his song anyway. If it helps him just let him. Sharing is caring!

I once had the opportunity to let someone share something I had made with the internet and I refused. I still regret it. It wouldn't really have impacted me at all and it would've made life easier for her.

I hope more people will listen to my advice and consider sharing more often instead of listening to the toxic message of this episode. This episode is basically glorifying monopolisation, even with using loaded language like "stealing".
Jan 22, 2019 10:28 PM

Oct 2008
wow! for the first time, we got a bad ending?
4/5.

Feb 5, 2019 11:25 AM

Oct 2017
TaiFerret said:
Unfortunately I could only listen to this episode live and not see it because the only free Fuji TV live stream I could ever find is covered by an annoying window. But even while listening to it it sounded interesting.

Just a quick google on "fuji TV live stream":
https://mov3.co/en/fujitv/
http://www.itver.cc/fuji-television/

You might find uBlock, adblock, etc. useful.
Feb 14, 2019 3:25 PM

May 2016
TaiFerret said:
Sara Kozo is such a jerk! If you don't want your song to be "stolen" don't sing it out loud! You're bound to infect people with its catchiness! What does it matter to him that humans sing his song anyway. If it helps him just let him. Sharing is caring!

I once had the opportunity to let someone share something I had made with the internet and I refused. I still regret it. It wouldn't really have impacted me at all and it would've made life easier for her.

I hope more people will listen to my advice and consider sharing more often instead of listening to the toxic message of this episode. This episode is basically glorifying monopolisation, even with using loaded language like "stealing".

Hah? Is his song why he should not sing it. is his right and he was in the liberty to do so. The Youkai didn't do anything wrong this time. The human was at fault this time.
Feb 16, 2019 4:50 PM

Oct 2015
LastLuminescence said:
TaiFerret said:

Hah? Is his song why he should not sing it. is his right and he was in the liberty to do so. The Youkai didn't do anything wrong this time. The human was at fault this time.

Of course he has the right to sing his own song, but he should've considered the risk of singing it in public. When you sing a song in public there is always the risk of being copied and if you're offended by being copied it might be a good idea to keep it private. And there are definitely kinder ways to deal with copiers.
Jun 12, 2019 6:50 PM

Feb 2014
Damn, Rat man took a hard beating off screen from Sara-Kozo there, his face was all beaten.
Jul 28, 2019 6:52 AM
Jul 2019
@TaiFerret Please understand the word "being singed by other" and "being copied by other".
on this case, the man "copied" the song even though the yokai tell him to stop.
If the man tell people like "this is some yokai's song, not mine" or sumthing like that, it's different story.
btw i just watched the episode XD and kinda curious what happened to the man whether he is killed by yokai or not. then looking some discussion on internet haha
saha8a7Jul 28, 2019 6:56 AM
Jul 28, 2019 8:58 AM

Oct 2015
@Punkero
Sure, I'm not saying that what the man did was alright, but he was desperate, and even if he gave credit to the yokai it doesn't seem like his reaction would've been any milder. I just wish the yokai would be more understanding and make some kind of deal. I think in most cases of plagiarism, people usually just settle outside of court and don't continue to make a fuss out of it.

BTW, my guess is the yokai is keeping the man as a slave now and Kitaro ignores it because he feels it's the man's own fault.
Jan 6, 2022 11:22 PM

Jul 2019
Sudden insightfulness from Ratman, huh? Who woulda thunk it?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gegege no Kitarou (2018) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

moodie - Mar 31, 2018

109 by TripleC »»
Oct 23, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Gegege no Kitarou (2018) Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2018

27 by gabrielloki »»
Aug 31, 2023 5:38 PM

Poll: » Gegege no Kitarou (2018) Episode 95 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

7 by Punkero »»
Mar 31, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Gegege no Kitarou (2018) Episode 93 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2020

10 by Punkero »»
Mar 29, 2023 5:35 PM

Poll: » Gegege no Kitarou (2018) Episode 88 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2020

8 by Punkero »»
Mar 8, 2023 5:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.