Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 21, 2019 2:51 AM
Jan 2019
Amazing episodee!!!!
Jan 21, 2019 7:03 AM
Jan 2018
sfj4u said:
Jesus-kun strikes again!

after like 7 years people still don't know kitro didn't actually resurrect himself
Jan 21, 2019 2:42 PM
Sep 2018
big hype for next week after seeing this beautiful episode with a great fight scene and overall a pretty good story great to see the girls didnt join kirito just like that and he actually got stabbed in the back pretty hard
Jan 21, 2019 2:45 PM
Sep 2018
Troll12345678966 said:
When will Asuna become relevant again? The ONLY thing she has done that has had any impact on the season thus far is getting Kirito stabbed. Will she enter the "machine"? or whatever it called or will she be sidelined until Kirirto breaks out of the simulation or something?? Although it doesn't seem like he even gives a shit about the outside world anymore. He hasn't even thought about Asuna since his sword grew! You would expect he would want to escape and reunite with everyone else, Asuna especially so. But he hasn't shown any signs of anger or wants to go back to the real world!
tbh i hope she doesnt really get much screen time atm i really like how the series is going atm and i think if they would let her in the simulation at this moment it would ruin a lot of the development of the characters and it looks like kirito actually really enjoys himself in this new world (dont forget he doesnt have a clue on how to get out)
Jan 21, 2019 5:44 PM

Jun 2012
What a rude thing to do, with a cliffhanger like this... Another week bitting fingers
Jan 21, 2019 7:40 PM

Apr 2014
MRNX said:
Troll12345678966 said:
When will Asuna become relevant again? The ONLY thing she has done that has had any impact on the season thus far is getting Kirito stabbed. Will she enter the "machine"? or whatever it called or will she be sidelined until Kirirto breaks out of the simulation or something?? Although it doesn't seem like he even gives a shit about the outside world anymore. He hasn't even thought about Asuna since his sword grew! You would expect he would want to escape and reunite with everyone else, Asuna especially so. But he hasn't shown any signs of anger or wants to go back to the real world!
tbh i hope she doesnt really get much screen time atm i really like how the series is going atm and i think if they would let her in the simulation at this moment it would ruin a lot of the development of the characters and it looks like kirito actually really enjoys himself in this new world (dont forget he doesnt have a clue on how to get out)

Yeah, I can see why Asuna's presence in the main story may effect everything else but I felt like it was a constant tease. Is she gonna go in or is she not? It seems like her only purpose is to be the worrisome girlfriend when we all know she's quite competent as a swordswoman. Though we had 2 anime adaptions with her, I don't see why not to have her in again.

I hope Asuna has a part to play with the weird ALICE program the guy he was running cause it was already sketchy enough that Kirito's location was a mystery until she dug right into finding him. Eventually Kirito would have to leave the program, he doesn't belong there. Perhaps Eugeo's fluctlight will join him in the real world like how Yui can still communicate to her "parents".
Jan 22, 2019 8:03 AM
Sep 2018
moonsensual said:
MRNX said:

Yeah, I can see why Asuna's presence in the main story may effect everything else but I felt like it was a constant tease. Is she gonna go in or is she not? It seems like her only purpose is to be the worrisome girlfriend when we all know she's quite competent as a swordswoman. Though we had 2 anime adaptions with her, I don't see why not to have her in again.

I hope Asuna has a part to play with the weird ALICE program the guy he was running cause it was already sketchy enough that Kirito's location was a mystery until she dug right into finding him. Eventually Kirito would have to leave the program, he doesn't belong there. Perhaps Eugeo's fluctlight will join him in the real world like how Yui can still communicate to her "parents".
I hope eugeo will be a returning character in the show he and kirito have great chemestry i hope they delete yui tho she gave too much plot armor in the first couple of seasons
Jan 22, 2019 11:10 AM
Oct 2012
MRNX said:
moonsensual said:

I hope eugeo will be a returning character in the show he and kirito have great chemestry i hope they delete yui tho she gave too much plot armor in the first couple of seasons

tbh Yui is not that much of a plot armor and what she do is all with the help of other things or quite normal.
some ppl misunderstand her sometimes and think she can do A LOT, like ppl mistakenly think that she hacked rath and let asuna come there lol

anyway, a small detail about Yui in the Arc after Alicization :
Jan 22, 2019 11:18 AM
Sep 2018
Pedram said:
MRNX said:

tbh Yui is not that much of a plot armor and what she do is all with the help of other things or quite normal.
some ppl misunderstand her sometimes and think she can do A LOT, like ppl mistakenly think that she hacked rath and let asuna come there lol

true that she cant do anything anymore but i facking hated her when she was revealed to be a AI and when she basically ruined arc 1 because of some bullshit surrounding her and i didnt like her in the movie because she brought facking erveryone instead of just the gang
Jan 22, 2019 11:30 AM
Jul 2017
Sword Art Online? More like Sword Binding Online.

Jan 22, 2019 11:47 AM
Oct 2012
MRNX said:
Pedram said:

true that she cant do anything anymore but i facking hated her when she was revealed to be a AI and when she basically ruined arc 1 because of some bullshit surrounding her and i didnt like her in the movie because she brought facking erveryone instead of just the gang

Yui in the movie was ... eh ... logically possible, but story-wise far fetched.
what she did does not create a plothole/asspull, but I didn't like it and it was the most optimism way you could think of. I kinda agree with you on this.

anyway I enjoyed her in Arc 1, had no problem with it. again i think some ppl misunderstand the scene where she died and kirito saved her, specially if those people watched some hate video online which give wrong info lol
some Video on YT say stuff like, Kirito suddenly became a hacker and saved her lol

what really happened is, a Game Master Console was open there, which was opened by yui and because of that she was going to be deleted.
What Kirito did was very simple, he typed these fast and press enter before the console was closed :

Select Yui-MHCP001
Convert to Object
Move to Local storage

is it really hacking here ? obviously not. but ppl got mislead and think it's BS, and many start hating yui coz of this scene lol
Jan 22, 2019 5:27 PM

Feb 2013
moonsensual said:
MRNX said:

Asuna will be joining Underworld on the third cour like in ep 27.

MRNX said:
Troll12345678966 said:

Kirito is thinking on Asuna all the time. The anime don't show it many times but in the LN he's thinking on her and his situation all the time. Eugeo is very important to him and in a level similar to Asunain importance but she's his lover.
Jan 22, 2019 8:26 PM

Oct 2008
action was great but damn they keep dragging the game objective element on this one...
animation was great no doubt but can't feel the hype anymore compared to all the new shows going-on...
3/5.

Jan 22, 2019 11:10 PM

Dec 2016
Kinda feels like dbz and fate combined at this point in a not so good way. Lots of screaming, whoever can scream the loudest wins. And knock off Jack the Ripper loli twins, umu, and people firing off noble phantasms at will. The combat system is kinda weird and....i really dont like how people (mainly kirito and eugeo) keep getting wounded, sometimes severely, then all of a sudden they are completely fine.

And not really sure how Kirito knew he was going to be poisoned. The girls were suspicious but there was really no sign of poison till she said it was. At first i thought they just got stabbed.

Story is kinda falling apart for me too at this point. Not really understanding where the whole Pontifex and the church thing comes into play when i thought it was the irl humans controlling this world. Wonder why they would let Pontifex have her way with it?

Hopefully it gets better i was enjoying it a lot more at the beginning and in the real life sections with asuna. At least this new ending theme is a banger.
Jan 23, 2019 8:28 AM
Oct 2012
Woodfall said:
Kinda feels like dbz and fate combined at this point in a not so good way. Lots of screaming, whoever can scream the loudest wins. And knock off Jack the Ripper loli twins, umu, and people firing off noble phantasms at will. The combat system is kinda weird and....i really dont like how people (mainly kirito and eugeo) keep getting wounded, sometimes severely, then all of a sudden they are completely fine.

And not really sure how Kirito knew he was going to be poisoned. The girls were suspicious but there was really no sign of poison till she said it was. At first i thought they just got stabbed.

Story is kinda falling apart for me too at this point. Not really understanding where the whole Pontifex and the church thing comes into play when i thought it was the irl humans controlling this world. Wonder why they would let Pontifex have her way with it?

Hopefully it gets better i was enjoying it a lot more at the beginning and in the real life sections with asuna. At least this new ending theme is a banger.

The reason they get wounded but they are fine is coz in UnderWorld as you get wounded u feel pain, sometimes even worse than real life coz UW have no chemical like Adrenaline to reduce pain. but the wound go away fast as long as you have enough "Life" in your body.

only if the wound is too big that the life is hugely reduced like Eugeo in Goblin fight, u will see the wound staying.

it's still a "game" world after all. you always see this in games... u get hit ! blood splash and ur appearance might get bloody for a bit, but then next moment u turn back into normal, even tho ur hp is a bit lower !

why Kirito knew about this poison is coz of the weapon and the weapon's sheath, they were special items for holding poison weapon. otherwise no one use such a rare item to hold a normal weapon.
Kirito know this for many reason, but one of the many reason is he just saw the same trick in Zakkaria chapter, which sadly was cut from the anime and only show to us in a few sec flashback ... welp

also why the girls were suspecius was coz they were breaking taboo if what they said was correct ! so kirito knew they were telling some lie, but didn't knew if they mean harm or not. so he didn't attack first and just prepared behind eugeo.

Lasty, why the Rath staff don't care it's because it's a Simulation and u normally don't manage a simulation in the middle of it. u let it run the full run.
plus they don't care ! UnderWorld at it's current state is a Failed simulation in their mind. and they are just w8ing for it to end and reach the "stress test phase" which is very soon, and then recreate it using their analyze and result.
They wanted a "rule breaking Fuctlight" like alice so they can compare it to their baby template and then just delete the whole underworld and create it newly with babies that can break rules and act like real humans.
Keep in mind the whole simulation started like a month ago. easily restart-able. the energy in Ocean Turtle is enough for over 6 years of experiment.

these are all explained already by Kikouka or Higa way back. or explained later by Cardinal a few EP ago. but anime skip a lot of it so people don't get bored i guess, they simplified everything hugely

reading novel u can even understand the advantage of a real human like AI and the ability to mass produce war experienced veteran solider and generals in a matter of day ! but not in anime.
Jan 23, 2019 2:03 PM
Nov 2018
Askorti said:
Pknoctis said:
A little confused where that female integrity knight's inferiority complex is suddenly coming from.... isn't this a matriarchal society, with the Pontifex being female? Lol

Both the Dark Knights and other Integrity Knights went easy on her when they knew she was a female.

Yes, which is ridiculous, since this fantasy setting is full of female knights. Female knight apprentices. Even female fencing teachers and the Pontifex. But they needed some motivation for this particular female knight, so they went and made up that men go easy on her.

Of course, in real life they wouldn't have to go easy on her, since she wouldn't be fighting. Women can't swing swords, despite what nerds have seen on TV. The strongest women are on par with the weakest men, and would barely be able to wield a real sword or spear for twenty seconds. Aside from, yes, a handful who do professional weight lifting every day. But in this society they magically have the same strength as men. Or it's the old "you don't need strength to swing a sword and pull a bow string, you just need speed and skill!" that TV shows are so fond of. Well, anything to show pretty girls.
Jan 23, 2019 2:06 PM
Nov 2018
CeddyyBearr said:
ok, I take my words back from last week.. they are not friendly after all. Way to let your guard down guys!

Just give it a day or two and they'll find their place in Kirito's harem.

There's still a girl in that harem I'm trying my darnedest to remember where she comes from. But whatever, pack them in.
Jan 23, 2019 2:12 PM
Jan 2016
Hegar said:
Askorti said:

Both the Dark Knights and other Integrity Knights went easy on her when they knew she was a female.

Yes, which is ridiculous, since this fantasy setting is full of female knights. Female knight apprentices. Even female fencing teachers and the Pontifex. But they needed some motivation for this particular female knight, so they went and made up that men go easy on her.

Of course, in real life they wouldn't have to go easy on her, since she wouldn't be fighting. Women can't swing swords, despite what nerds have seen on TV. The strongest women are on par with the weakest men, and would barely be able to wield a real sword or spear for twenty seconds. Aside from, yes, a handful who do professional weight lifting every day. But in this society they magically have the same strength as men. Or it's the old "you don't need strength to swing a sword and pull a bow string, you just need speed and skill!" that TV shows are so fond of. Well, anything to show pretty girls.

I'm sorry my friend, but what you're saying is total BS. Yes, women are, on average, weaker than men. That's just how our bodies are made. But the strongest women are NOT weaker than the weakest men. Not even close. And yes, women very much can swing around swords and spears, and they do so regularly when they practice HEMA for example. No need for hardcore weightlifting training either. Women are weaker than men, but not by that much, and closing the gap is not as difficult as you say either.
Jan 23, 2019 2:14 PM
Nov 2018
Troll12345678966 said:

Having Asuna around is boring. In general people don't want to see a hero who is already in a relationship. They want to see a hero who is looking for love, interacting with all the hot women who cross his path - or in Japan's case, all the child-like girls who cross his path.

And people don't want to see two people in love fighting together, it makes it too cozy. The writers won't break up Kirito and Asuna, but they can keep her out of the picture for a while. Otherwise the story is just "Kirito's and Asuna's Relationship" on a loop.
Jan 23, 2019 2:23 PM
Nov 2018
Askorti said:
Hegar said:

I'm sorry my friend, but what you're saying is total BS. Yes, women are, on average, weaker than men. That's just how our bodies are made. But the strongest women are NOT weaker than the weakest men. Not even close. And yes, women very much can swing around swords and spears, and they do so regularly when they practice HEMA for example. No need for hardcore weightlifting training either. Women are weaker than men, but not by that much, and closing the gap is not as difficult as you say either.

LOL Think before you write. You say what I write is "total BS" - then admit that women are weaker than men, just like I said. So how is that "total"? But I guess you just needed some word for emphasis without thinking about it too much.

Unlike you I don't rely on wishing and fantasy, but on facts. When I say that the strongest women - except a few exceptions, as mentioned - are on par with the weakest men, that is because I have seen the statistic for this. You haven't. And you will refuse to look them up. You prefer to keep your fantasies.

Laughable to claim that women would be able to swing swords, wield spears and bows the way men do. Even average men have trouble wielding a real sword well. In Sparta, it took a lot of training to thrust a spear well, since holding it up throughout a battle claimed a great deal of energy. A bow, the real kind used in battle, or the kind used in the Olympics, is very difficult to use. Archers were always strong. Those who practice competitive archery have to increase their strength, preferably through weight lifting.

At work we all went to practice archery once, with an instructor, and the competition after the practice was no contest. The men dominated completely. Even though almost none of us had any real experience, and even though these bows were weaker than the real kind. I tried pulling the string on a real bow there, it was really difficult. We also went fencing once, with an instructor and the real equipment, that registers hits on a board. After practicing we had a contest, three matches each, and then semi finals and finals. All the women were blown out of the water immediately. I don't think a single woman won a match against a single man. Okay, I'll grant, it may have happened once. But men completely dominated the fencing - and this even with light swords.

In short, I know about this, you don't. Now go watch some Hollywood show with women defeating men twice their weight. Xena Warrior Princess! She lives!
Jan 23, 2019 5:44 PM
Jan 2019
This shitty show still have some positive review eh? Lmao

whats with that OP? did they just changed it with a title and added some fight scene? so lame, worst OP so far

2 lolis appeared and i smell they will join kirito's harem as well

wow they already at 50th floor and face the vice commander

the vice commander's ultimate is shooting some shit made from sunlight

and the true gender of the vice commander is a woman!

"oh crap my helmet is broken! they wont take the fight seriously anymore, shit this is because that man from flashback!"

wtf? even the vice commander has a complex about her gender? shit

AND WHAT HAPPENED WITH THOSE 4 FOUR WHATEVER KNIGHTS? THEY JUST COME TO SWING THEIR SWORD ONCE BUT TOO BAD KIRITO PREFER TO FUCK THE VICE COMMANDER

then the vice commander told them not to interfere, she wants to fuck kirito by herself

i thought those knights will be fighting eugeo, but nope
THEY JUST FUCKING WATCHING DOING NOTHING WITH EUGEO LAYING ON THE FLOOR

and yes, again, the woman got mad and went berserk
she charged to kirito, and had some nice talk?
just like the other episodes, fights in this season is so fucking boring
TOO MUCH TALKING, NOT ENOUGH FIGHTING!

"ThIS SeAsOn iS GoINg tO bE ThE BeST SaO"

tbh i thought this show is going better just like those fanbois said

but the truth said NOPE

once a garbage, still garbage

Jan 23, 2019 6:33 PM

Jun 2017
deathbySNU-SNU said:

whats with that OP? did they just changed it with a title and added some fight scene? so lame, worst OP so far

"oh crap my helmet is broken! they wont take the fight seriously anymore, shit this is because that man from flashback!"

AND WHAT HAPPENED WITH THOSE 4 FOUR WHATEVER KNIGHTS? THEY JUST COME TO SWING THEIR SWORD ONCE BUT TOO BAD KIRITO PREFER TO FUCK THE VICE COMMANDER

then the vice commander told them not to interfere, she wants to fuck kirito by herself

but the truth said NOPE

Why do I get the feeling that this is an alt account of Todabot? I may be wrong though.
Jan 23, 2019 9:43 PM

Feb 2015
Who the fuck was surprised she was a woman, like come on.
Jan 23, 2019 11:23 PM

Dec 2016
Pedram said:
Woodfall said:

The reason they get wounded but they are fine is coz in UnderWorld as you get wounded u feel pain, sometimes even worse than real life coz UW have no chemical like Adrenaline to reduce pain. but the wound go away fast as long as you have enough "Life" in your body.

only if the wound is too big that the life is hugely reduced like Eugeo in Goblin fight, u will see the wound staying.

it's still a "game" world after all. you always see this in games... u get hit ! blood splash and ur appearance might get bloody for a bit, but then next moment u turn back into normal, even tho ur hp is a bit lower !

why Kirito knew about this poison is coz of the weapon and the weapon's sheath, they were special items for holding poison weapon. otherwise no one use such a rare item to hold a normal weapon.
Kirito know this for many reason, but one of the many reason is he just saw the same trick in Zakkaria chapter, which sadly was cut from the anime and only show to us in a few sec flashback ... welp

also why the girls were suspecius was coz they were breaking taboo if what they said was correct ! so kirito knew they were telling some lie, but didn't knew if they mean harm or not. so he didn't attack first and just prepared behind eugeo.

Lasty, why the Rath staff don't care it's because it's a Simulation and u normally don't manage a simulation in the middle of it. u let it run the full run.
plus they don't care ! UnderWorld at it's current state is a Failed simulation in their mind. and they are just w8ing for it to end and reach the "stress test phase" which is very soon, and then recreate it using their analyze and result.
They wanted a "rule breaking Fuctlight" like alice so they can compare it to their baby template and then just delete the whole underworld and create it newly with babies that can break rules and act like real humans.
Keep in mind the whole simulation started like a month ago. easily restart-able. the energy in Ocean Turtle is enough for over 6 years of experiment.

these are all explained already by Kikouka or Higa way back. or explained later by Cardinal a few EP ago. but anime skip a lot of it so people don't get bored i guess, they simplified everything hugely

reading novel u can even understand the advantage of a real human like AI and the ability to mass produce war experienced veteran solider and generals in a matter of day ! but not in anime.

Hmm I see thank you for taking the time to respond so much! So if Kirito saw the trick before its no wonder he knew it was poison. The anime should really do a better job at explaining things I feel like they are skipping over a lot of the small details. Everything feels so rushed.

Yeah i remember all that stuff about them trying to create a human that will break the rules i just didnt think theyd want someone like pontifex controlling their world but if they will just make a new one if this one goes bad, then i guess they wouldnt really care.

As for the injuries disappearing part i understand what is happening now thanks to you but i dont really like that mechanic. Just seems plot convenient idk? I wish the anime did a better job of explaining all these things. Thanks for clarifying i appreciate it!
Jan 24, 2019 12:11 AM
Mar 2018
Wow, new expositions and backstories nobody asked about, amazing
Jan 24, 2019 12:29 AM
Jan 2016
Hegar said:
Askorti said:

LOL Think before you write. You say what I write is "total BS" - then admit that women are weaker than men, just like I said. So how is that "total"? But I guess you just needed some word for emphasis without thinking about it too much.

Unlike you I don't rely on wishing and fantasy, but on facts. When I say that the strongest women - except a few exceptions, as mentioned - are on par with the weakest men, that is because I have seen the statistic for this. You haven't. And you will refuse to look them up. You prefer to keep your fantasies.

Laughable to claim that women would be able to swing swords, wield spears and bows the way men do. Even average men have trouble wielding a real sword well. In Sparta, it took a lot of training to thrust a spear well, since holding it up throughout a battle claimed a great deal of energy. A bow, the real kind used in battle, or the kind used in the Olympics, is very difficult to use. Archers were always strong. Those who practice competitive archery have to increase their strength, preferably through weight lifting.

At work we all went to practice archery once, with an instructor, and the competition after the practice was no contest. The men dominated completely. Even though almost none of us had any real experience, and even though these bows were weaker than the real kind. I tried pulling the string on a real bow there, it was really difficult. We also went fencing once, with an instructor and the real equipment, that registers hits on a board. After practicing we had a contest, three matches each, and then semi finals and finals. All the women were blown out of the water immediately. I don't think a single woman won a match against a single man. Okay, I'll grant, it may have happened once. But men completely dominated the fencing - and this even with light swords.

In short, I know about this, you don't. Now go watch some Hollywood show with women defeating men twice their weight. Xena Warrior Princess! She lives!

Then please, show me those statistics you speak of. When you claim something, the weight of proof is on you. Also, keep that stupid "I know more than you" to yourself, because it just makes you look terribly immature and foolish. If you can't discuss something like an adult, why bother at all? Oh, and the "Total BS" part was about the main driving point of your post, that women can't use weapons at all which, is, indeed, total BS.

I did not say "the way men do" did I? The point I was making is that you claimed that women are completely incapable of using melee weapons. Not compared to men, but at all: "Women can't swing swords, despite what nerds have seen on TV" and "The strongest women are on par with the weakest men, and would barely be able to wield a real sword or spear for twenty seconds". Both of these are completely untrue, because, as I mentioned, there are a lot of HEMA practitioners who are females, and they do "wield a real sword or spear for 20 seconds", or far, far longer. You're greatly overestimating the weight of swords and spears, and underestimating the strength of women.

To reiterate my point and make it clear:
Are women weaker than men? Yes.
Are women so weak that they couldn't use melee weapons as you claimed? No.
Jan 24, 2019 12:34 AM
Jan 2018
Chrome_Falcon said:
deathbySNU-SNU said:

but the truth said NOPE

Why do I get the feeling that this is an alt account of Todabot? I may be wrong though.

It is .. you clearly tell it is
Jan 24, 2019 12:43 AM
Jan 2018
Woodfall said:
Pedram said:

Hmm I see thank you for taking the time to respond so much! So if Kirito saw the trick before its no wonder he knew it was poison. The anime should really do a better job at explaining things I feel like they are skipping over a lot of the small details. Everything feels so rushed.

Yeah i remember all that stuff about them trying to create a human that will break the rules i just didnt think theyd want someone like pontifex controlling their world but if they will just make a new one if this one goes bad, then i guess they wouldnt really care.

As for the injuries disappearing part i understand what is happening now thanks to you but i dont really like that mechanic. Just seems plot convenient idk? I wish the anime did a better job of explaining all these things. Thanks for clarifying i appreciate it!

Half the stuff that would have given more insight would have been from that cut epiosde that people where talking about awhile ago before the timeskip
Jan 24, 2019 1:09 AM
Oct 2012
Woodfall said:
Pedram said:

No worry.
Yes, anime rush it quite a lot sadly, Remember season 1 an 2 ? they were also rushed and had stuff cut off.
for example i just find this for someone else yesterday this chapter about Kirito should have been EP 2 of Season 1 but fully got cut : https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/9zzvh0/sword_art_online_alicization_episode_8_discussion/eae0l67/

but even with all the rush in early 2 season, each season was 4 book, and each cours ( 12-13 EP ) was like 2 book.

but Alicization is 10 book, and somehow, they decide to Push 3.5 book in the first cours !
that mean almost doubt the normal amount of 2 book per cours !

hopefully cours 2,3 and 4 will be better coz now there is only 6.5 book left.
Jan 24, 2019 1:39 AM

Jul 2012
Jeez, Fanatio really has a complex with being a woman. Her demeanor completely changed as soon as her helmet was broken.

"ENHANCE ARMAMENT" sounds super cool haha. You know that some crazy stuff is about to happen right after 👀

Man, another cliffhanger. What is Kirito's perfect weapon control art??
Jan 24, 2019 1:56 AM

Sep 2017
Ando said:
Jeez, Fanatio really has a complex with being a woman. Her demeanor completely changed as soon as her helmet was broken.

"ENHANCE ARMAMENT" sounds super cool haha. You know that some crazy stuff is about to happen right after 👀

Man, another cliffhanger. What is Kirito's perfect weapon control art??
if you want to know Kirito's Enhance Armament:
zalapenoJan 24, 2019 2:01 AM
Jan 24, 2019 4:56 AM
Nov 2018
deathbySNU-SNU said:
This shitty show still have some positive review eh?

I don't think it's shitty, but I like this season less than earlier ones. Starting with that it's so confined. A circular world, and the city is in the middle. And the tower is in the middle of that. First, upgrade skills. Then move up the tower, face increasingly stronger enemies - rather than having them all stop you at the bottom. The boss waits at the top. It's like a computer game.

And before anyone says anything about the first season, it wasn't the same feeling at all. There they were fighting for their lives, and the floors may have been circular from the outside, but they were very big and things weren't centered at the middle of the floor.
Jan 24, 2019 7:55 AM

Dec 2009
That fight was amazing! Eugeo's enhance armament skill visuals was also great!
Jan 24, 2019 10:10 AM
Jan 2016
Hegar said:
/cut/

By the way, I looked at people playing around in HEMA vids on YouTube. How amusing. Like the Williams sisters, they are able to lift and swing the tool, yes. And when you are just playing, you can imagine that the swing is comparable to real battle. From the study above:

"When controlling for weight, age, and height, the average female’s grip is 23.3 kg lower than the average males. When you don’t control for these things, the gap is a lot larger, with the average man being able to grip 33.8 kg stronger." Hey, what's that? A gnat trying to bite? Oh, it's someone trying to swing a sword. Be careful, you might dent my leather armor.

Thank you for providing the statistics this time, much appreciated.
You said you watched some HEMA videos, but then called it playing around. But do you realize that HEMA training generally involves swinging swords/spears around for prolonged periods of time, sometimes up to an hour or longer? And guess what, women do that too. You don't get good at HEMA by just swinging a sword around for 5 minutes once in a while, it takes long and rigorous training just like any sport and requires some stamina, especially in the initial period.

I think it bears repeating(again), so you don't misunderstand the point I continually try to make, and which you don't seem keen on actually opposing, that while women are undoubtedly weaker than men, it does not mean they're incapable of using melee weapons like swords or spears. Especially since swinging a sword around, while tiring after a long time, does not actually require that much strength, unless we're talking about the really big, tip-heavy ones. An arming sword generally weighs below 1.5 kilo, while something like a smallsword can go as low as 600 grams. (though that's definitely not a battlefield weapon, but a duel one). What's more, generally a single duel does not last nearly long enough to get you tired. Even among skilled swordsmen it usually ends after a few exchanges, nowhere near as long as your typical Hollywood fight that can go on for 20 minutes or longer. An actual duel very rarely goes for more than a minute, if even that. What's more, an actual duel almost never involves what you see in movies and anime, namely that stupid binding and pushing that relies on nothing but pure brutal strength. That's almost completely a fiction thing.
Oh, and as a side note, the ability to cut well with swords depends more on technique than strength. While you certainly do need it to cut well, your cuts will be rough as hell if your edge alignment is out of whack.
Jan 25, 2019 4:38 AM

Aug 2017
Great ep. Kirito was a total badass in this episode, no wonder his harem is a mile long. He couldn't be fooled by the lolis while chump Eugeo took the bait. How many times would Eugeo be a goner by now without Kirito, like every episode?

Add the lolis and purple knight to the harem, they want it. Also Liena senpai and the Cardinal.
Jan 25, 2019 8:16 AM

Feb 2017
wow, an actual good action scene.
but still, there are some stupid scene that should not be there

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Jan 25, 2019 9:48 AM
Jul 2008
Lelouch0202 said:
I'm a little lost on how Kirito deduced that the loli's were gonna use some sort of poison/paralysis . It isn't hard to detect that they were upto something but I'm not sure how he knew from seemingly their scabbards that they were gonna use a paralysis attack.

Anyway, it was a good episode. The fight was super cool and the early animation with Kirito charging towards the knight and then jumping off the pillar was really cool.

Eugeo using his weapon arts was awesome too. Is Kirito using his next? Wonder what it is.

He literally explains how he knew something was up after he cut them. Were you not paying attention?
Jan 26, 2019 2:39 AM

Jan 2015
Tough episode. These girls got rekt from Kirito.
Jan 26, 2019 6:59 AM

Feb 2018
love the animation so far :D
Jan 27, 2019 7:54 AM

Jun 2017
Never imagined lolis could be this dangerous. Sasuga. Eugeo got stabbed in the gut by one of the danger lolis. I guess these are the kind of lolis that lolicons got to be wary of. This is also one of the most intense battles with the Integrity Knights, I expect that the other Knights will be more dangerous and pose more of a challenge.
EmperorAlfredJan 27, 2019 7:57 AM
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jan 29, 2019 11:58 AM

May 2010
Could it get more predictable than killing lolis xD

And of course the knight is female, hating on her own sex. Like, nearby there is one of the best knights who is also another, younger girl, where the heck did it come from xD
Jan 31, 2019 4:27 AM

Jul 2009
I was sure the girls would do something, Kirito was damn smart.
Fanatio was so great!!!
Jan 31, 2019 10:43 PM

May 2015
So Kirito's enhance armament makes the episode end. That's so cool.
Feb 11, 2019 7:16 PM

Mar 2014
That moment when Eugeo gets stabbed: "OH SHIT"
Mar 17, 2019 2:29 AM

Jun 2012
Nice fight scenes as always, I love the animation.

Using Eugeo as bait lol

and the perceived discrimination (sexism) lol

Apr 20, 2019 5:21 AM

Jan 2014
I'm here just to say how smooth that transition to the ending song was.

Sasuga, A-1.
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Apr 27, 2019 6:50 PM

Nov 2016
hahahha I got completely fooled by the kids. Anyways, seems like there aren't as many Integrity Knights as I thought considering they are in the 50th floor. I am really liking the fights, and I wonder who was that man that looked that way at Fanatio, it seemed like the dark world... I wonder who it is, it may be an antagonist. The man she seems to care about seems to be Bercouli. Well good episode overall.
May 6, 2019 6:40 AM

Jan 2013
Knew there had to be something up with those kids, such a common trope in anime by now ^^
Awesome fight with the Knight!
Jun 23, 2019 5:24 PM

Apr 2014
-Great fight scene. About time we had a legit fight with the Integrity Knights.

-If children suddenly get in your way like that, something is definitely up and of course Kirito didn't fall for it.

-Quite a backstory for #28 and #29 O_o

-The Blue Rose Sword has a pretty sweet power. Now let's see what Kirito's has.
Aug 19, 2019 1:53 PM
Apr 2016
Pretty comical how Kirito magically deduced that the little ladies will use poison rather than something else. Nonetheless, the fight was intense and well animated.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.