Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2019 1:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The show is back but Ryuuichi....he doesn't look too good with his health. Also, I find his outfit kinda silly. The red cape stands out a lot on him though. I think this more of a prequel for Ryuuichi's character role/story.

There's a love angle story in this too. A bit weird imo for this show but it's still a case.

Jan 19, 2019 1:56 AM

Nov 2007
New OP... it was ... ok.

Main guy is sick and is suspect. The lady, fairly new lawyer, requested to do it herself.

So the one who died is the university student. Because they were boyfriend and ex-boyfriend. A girl is currently with main guy. The person who died has the bottle of medicine that main guy owns, to indicate that main guy is the killer.

Main guy is to optimistic, but he did push him during the argument.

The girl is charming two guys. The girl is describing as if the main guy killed him (pushing not just once, and touching the electrics that cut from the bad weather in result). The lady saw it through that the girl did and made her current boyfriend, main guy, the killer. Because similar case happens to her, where she put poison on a lawyer asking her as someone related to the case when she was young.

She claims that she left and not related.

The case is also the day they met... She gave something to him... it looks like a little bottle that had poison.

Main guy is the one who doesn't believe with that (probably got charmed by her, too, when they met). He ran out, and... ate it!! He fortunately didn't die.

So there's no poison in the bottle.

Oh, ex warmed him not to meet her and told him that she stole the poison. He pushed him because he didn't believe what he said. He left and came back to see her. She originally intended to kill main guy?!

She wanted it to return and get rid of it, but he refused. Even though the girl showed her real self, she still refused to admit it. She put the poison in the bottle that has cold medicines?

She kind of admits? But the way she said and left doesn't feel like the lady won.

Main guy is sad, though, about the girl even though he is clean.

A guy in the hospital, her senpai, seems like related to the girl's case in young?

New ED was pretty. Not sure the clip is this time only or for this cours because it seems like it centers around that lady that already passed away.

Back to regular ep. next, about that cousin girl.

Note: I thought this is Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Season 2 Special (not part of the series / a special ep. separate from the series) because it also says "1 hour special", but it had ep. number, so my post is few minutes late).
http://www.ytv.co.jp/animegyakuten/story/13.html
tsubasaloverJan 19, 2019 2:05 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 19, 2019 7:51 AM

Jun 2013
Episode 13 or that special added?
Jan 19, 2019 11:06 AM
Jul 2015
rodolfoemiliano said:

who knows? The database "mods" just delete things without explanation

Also really weird that people are watching this without having played the game? Poor way to experience the story for the 1st time.

I think this is the 1st time they actually took music and sound from the game. I dont remember hearing any until now. The whole show could have been a solid adaptation if they it was all like this.
YoshiYogurtJan 19, 2019 11:40 AM
Jan 19, 2019 12:03 PM

Jul 2015
Seeing this case animated was really something, man Dahlia sure is a bitch. Phoenix tho, he was way too realistic representing a person experiencing first love.
Jan 19, 2019 12:54 PM

May 2018
What took that ep sooo long?????!!!!!!! So now it's Naruhodo backstory, man was he very annoying bakadere.

I'm thinking that Chinami may have something to do with Chihiro's death , besides she did threaten her.

Oh so that masked prosecutor, Kaminogi Soryu was Chihiro's sempai, so if he was poisoned , then how come he has to wear that mask????
JiangHaoyi1979Jan 19, 2019 1:11 PM
Jan 19, 2019 1:02 PM

Jun 2009
Overall a good presentation of this case.

My only real niggle is something that already stems from something I didn't like about the source material. Namely, I found it jarring how much of a fool university-Phoenix acts during this case compared to his established character during the main series sequence of events, and compared to what the same story attempts to say about his motivation for studying; but it's even more jarring in the anime due to the anime-original arc in Season 1 where they're all kids.

Next episode looks to be another anime-original arc. The Preview didn't exactly make it look interesting, but let's see. I had been hoping that the previous anime-original arc would have linked into the case at the health resort (climate similarities), which felt like it made sense with the timing of the special(s) which pads out the Dahlia backstory. But, it seems that wasn't their plan.
Jan 20, 2019 1:45 AM

Dec 2014
well that was such a good episode...a different side of narahodu
Jan 20, 2019 2:41 AM
Jan 2019
Naruhodo was all lovey dovey. Can't believe he was like this before.
Jan 20, 2019 3:09 AM

May 2018
That was really good! Dahlia Hawthorne was worth the wait.
I can't wait for Bridge to Turnabout!
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Jan 20, 2019 4:48 AM

Sep 2007
Lvx said:
They've done pretty well adapting this case imo, hopefully when they adapt Bridge to the Turnabout it will be even better.

Exactly my thoughts! and the ending of the episode hit me hard. Plus, I liked the new opening ~
Jan 20, 2019 6:53 AM
Jul 2014
At the beginning they said Naruhodo was an Art student and at the end he says "I'm actually studying law", uh ?
Jan 20, 2019 8:43 AM

Nov 2007
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
What took that ep sooo long?????!!!!!!!
2 1-hour special eps. of Detective Conan were aired on this time slot, so this ep. just aired few days ago.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 20, 2019 8:43 AM

Sep 2016
After all this filler, we finally get the promised episode and they delivered. Not only that, the animation was decent. I loved the extra details at the end with Diego Armando.

Jan 23, 2019 6:23 AM

Aug 2011
Wait what?
Was that prisoner in this case of the game? I thought he was here in this case too.
I forgot the since I played years ago.

Edit: Oh I should've paid attention to the anime. He can't appear in this case lol.
bxyhxyhJan 23, 2019 6:34 AM
Sorry for my bad English.
Jan 24, 2019 7:59 PM

Aug 2011
Wait, was it Naruhodo ex-girlfriend Chinami may have something to do with Chihiro's death? But still, they made Naruhodo into such a wimp.
Jan 24, 2019 11:03 PM

Jul 2009
Oh man this was so good. Can't wait for the final 2 cases.
Jan 26, 2019 8:52 PM

Aug 2018
ahh that was good! all the feelings are surging back, my fav case :") can't wait for bridge to turnabout now!
Jan 26, 2019 8:55 PM

Aug 2018
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
What took that ep sooo long?????!!!!!!! So now it's Naruhodo backstory, man was he very annoying bakadere.

I'm thinking that Chinami may have something to do with Chihiro's death , besides she did threaten her.

Oh so that masked prosecutor, Kaminogi Soryu was Chihiro's sempai, so if he was poisoned , then how come he has to wear that mask????

hayka said:
Wait, was it Naruhodo ex-girlfriend Chinami may have something to do with Chihiro's death? But still, they made Naruhodo into such a wimp.

watch season 1, if you have forgotten! or play the game because the game is really good
Jan 28, 2019 12:12 AM

Mar 2009
YoshiYogurt said:
rodolfoemiliano said:

Also really weird that people are watching this without having played the game? Poor way to experience the story for the 1st time.

I think this is the 1st time they actually took music and sound from the game. I dont remember hearing any until now. The whole show could have been a solid adaptation if they it was all like this.

Seriously. It's a damn shame the rest of this adaptation can't be more like this episode. Actually kept true to the spirit of the game. Maybe more episodes should be double length.

And yeah, I'd feel bad for anyone experiencing the Ace Attorney series for the first time through the anime only.
Jan 28, 2019 12:14 AM
Jul 2015
Mormegil said:
YoshiYogurt said:

Seriously. It's a damn shame the rest of this adaptation can't be more like this episode. Actually kept true to the spirit of the game. Maybe more episodes should be double length.

And yeah, I'd feel bad for anyone experiencing the Ace Attorney series for the first time through the anime only.

I do like some of the anime original episodes aside from the awful train episodes we just endured. The ones of edgeworth's childhood were really good, and episode 14 of this season with pearls was pretty good too.
Mar 11, 2019 4:13 AM

Oct 2017
I've been surprised to see it was a 47-minute episode, that's unusual but it was a good decision, that was fascinating.

I played AA3 on DS last decade ago so I forgot this case apart from Dalia being guilty so it made it a good reminder :)

Phoenix eating the pendant is..hum..not very credible but hey lol.
Feb 4, 2021 10:40 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This is pretty good for the adaptation of Phoenix's trial with Mia... and damn Dahlia is really going to be something

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Season 2 Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2019

10 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 23, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Season 2 Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2019

12 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 22, 5:18 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Season 2 Episode 14 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 26, 2019

9 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 17, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 10, 2018

17 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 16, 7:48 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Season 2 Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

28 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 14, 8:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.