Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 18, 2019 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Accelerator is back! Finally, more of the characters from science side shows themselves again.

Hell, even Hamazura is back along with Kinuhata Saiai. Pretty much more of a development episode. Accelerator and his group are still following up on their leads and I guess they're trying to stay ahead in their game.

Hamazura and Kinuhata had more chemistry than before the time they were with ITEM heh
Jan 18, 2019 8:00 AM

Mar 2017
I am happy to see Hamazura back. His interactions with Kinuhata might be the highlight of the episode for me though I also how Accelerator claims he's a villain yet acts quite anti-heroic.
Jan 18, 2019 8:51 AM

Jul 2012
That was not that bad if not talking about all the cut-off stuff. Liked the comedy stuff this time, don't remember that School guys just like that calling Musujime shotacon ... That was funny.
Jan 18, 2019 8:58 AM

Nov 2016
How long this arc going to?
Jan 18, 2019 9:18 AM
Dec 2018
Seriously? What kind of direction is the director going for is stupid. Wasting time here for comedy rather than the story, I prefer to see Railgun than this crap.
Jan 18, 2019 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
Again with the DRAGONs,ITEMs and whatnots! *sighs* B-teams,seriously
Jan 18, 2019 9:46 AM
Mar 2015
Got to love Accelerator and his sense of humor before he killed that guy The panty flip was awesome
Jan 18, 2019 10:20 AM

Feb 2013
Accelerator is going to win the Hero of the Year award, soon!
Jan 18, 2019 10:50 AM

Feb 2014
Hanazura and Kinuhata stole the show for me. I know that the plot of this arc is important and all, but the comedy scenes with these two simply kept on making me chuckle a lot. The lucky bastard also got to see her panties twice as well. XD

Accelerator was also doing his job as usual, getting stuff done while saying "I'm a punk-ass villain" a few times. Certainly amusing.

The hospital scene was also full of humour, with Musujime jabbing at the other guys in the room about being lolicons, but Accelerator got back at her by calling her a shotacon. Her reaction, as well as THAT voice-break, was hilarious! =3

While the main plot felt rushed, the comedy was strong in this episode and I really liked it overall.
Jan 18, 2019 11:00 AM

Apr 2010
Oh god another arc that doesn't make any sense.
Really i would like to know what's actually happening and not this rushed shit, this is just like the second arc.
Jan 18, 2019 11:17 AM
Dec 2018
Aversa said:
Really i would like to know what's actually happening and not this rushed shit, this is just like the second arc.
Well for this, it may be worse and this series with comedy and fanservice just ruined it.
Jan 18, 2019 12:19 PM

Nov 2016
Best boy is back, was great to see more of him. He should stop acting so tsundere xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 18, 2019 12:49 PM

Jan 2009
all i understand is that they want to discover what DRAGON is and ye panty shots meh
Jan 18, 2019 1:23 PM

Jan 2008
Stephanie... Gorgeous...palace...? Seriously? I actually got goosebumps from hearing how cringe her name is.
Jan 18, 2019 2:03 PM

Apr 2014
Aversa said:

By now u should have understood, that the producers/director made this season with it in the mind that the watcher is a ln reader. Most people in japan from what i gathered line and through jap friends is that most know the source and that u should consider this as a highlight reel to the ln. All in all the message of index III is read the LN or get fck** 😅
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Jan 18, 2019 2:03 PM
Aug 2018
Ithink it is the first episode where Maika and Motoharu appears on the same screen
Jan 18, 2019 2:14 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm the types of jobs that accelerator does sure is varied. Last order's as merry as ever lol. Ironic in that the team that saved the kids were actually shadows and not really heroes though. So the remaining disparate groups of the city were all combined into one new group then. Despite his attitude its nice that Accel is able to show kindness as well. That scene with that injured pregnant teacher was a nice touch. Hamazura and Kinuhata really can't catch a break huh. But their interactions sure were hillarious. Decent ep that felt a bit more focused than previous ones featuring the team. Curious to see what will happen next.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2019 2:22 PM
Dec 2018
AcceleratorAngel said:
Aversa said:

By now u should have understood, that the producers/director made this season with it in the mind that the watcher is a ln reader. Most people in japan from what i gathered line and through jap friends is that most know the source and that u should consider this as a highlight reel to the ln. All in all the message of index III is read the LN or get fck** 😅
Yeah it makes the light novel look bad, and it's the director's fault with JC Staff.
Jan 18, 2019 2:24 PM

Apr 2015
Back to the science side of things. Gotta love seeing Accelerator back, been a while..
We even get to see Hamazura again as well, still don't know why he's a "main" character and not Accelerator.

That Saiai panties shot was funny, justice served if you try provoking him :P

Jan 18, 2019 3:36 PM

Oct 2018
DAT RUSHED PACE AGAIN
seriously, why the director turn into a total noob when it comes to Academy City / Science Side?!
as an anime-watcher-only, I can't understand a thing..
ryuunosuke_dJan 18, 2019 3:42 PM
Jan 18, 2019 4:23 PM

Dec 2018
When accelerator appears, things seem to improve, although it is still a summary sometimes unintelligible
Jan 18, 2019 6:24 PM

Apr 2013
lol Saiai trying to tease Hamazura but accidentally flashes her panties for real

Guess Hamazura sums this episode up pretty good

Could have shown Accelerator more in action but it was okay i guess
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Jan 18, 2019 8:01 PM

Jan 2011

i enjoyed this arc while still on the chaotic side it flowed better than the BR arc for me though my least favrotie part was the amount of pointless fanservice that mixes in at the beginning

but man that bridge scene around 16:20 boy they missed some frames there
Jan 18, 2019 11:19 PM

Jul 2015
Accelerator is so damn edgy, the cringe is real. I can't stand him.

Jan 19, 2019 11:13 AM

May 2018
Ok so who is that douche guy who has a girl in her underwear tied up and claims that she is his punching bag?
Jan 19, 2019 12:47 PM

Feb 2015
Who the hell are all these people? As much as I like excelorator I'd rather this arc be kept for his own anime spin off. This series is so unfocused.
Jan 19, 2019 2:37 PM

Apr 2014
Crashmatt said:
Who the hell are all these people? As much as I like excelorator I'd rather this arc be kept for his own anime spin off. This series is so unfocused.

Lol u serious, hamazura kinuhata season 2 and rialgun s? 😂😂
Stephanie is understandable cause the anime skipped vol ss2 where she was inteoduced. The other characters from group where all known theoughout season 1 and 2.
-Accelerator-

Jan 19, 2019 2:49 PM

Feb 2015
AcceleratorAngel said:
Crashmatt said:

Stephanie is understandable cause the anime skipped vol ss2 where she was inteoduced. The other characters from group where all known theoughout season 1 and 2.

I recognize a couple of characters like the girl with the red pigtails but it's been that long since I watched Railgun and Index S2. I still maintain the cast of characters is far too large.
Jan 19, 2019 2:52 PM
Dec 2018
Crashmatt said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

I recognize a couple of characters like the girl with the red pigtails but it's been that long since I watched Railgun and Index S2. I still maintain the cast of characters is far too large.
Well do you like this series?
Jan 19, 2019 5:30 PM
Jul 2013
This season feels completely rushed, unorganized and simply low quality.
I literally can't follow all those 1 or 2 episode long stories that suddenly cut back to other stories or mention words or peoples for a single episode.

15 Episodes and so far I haven't enjoy a single one after episode 2 or 3.
I'm reaching a point where I think it would've been better not to get this season as in my honest opinion, it just ruins the whole anime.
Jan 19, 2019 10:09 PM

Nov 2017
I'm an anime only watcher and I'm hecka confused pretty much all the time
I couldn't care less about touma and the magical side, best boy accelerator scenes are the only parts i look forward to and sort of understand in this anime
Jan 19, 2019 10:15 PM

Nov 2009
Why is Hamazura suddenly a main character? He's great, but a main character over Accel who becomes a legit second protagonist in the lns? Absurd.

And yeah, it's always great to see more of GROUP. Accel and Awaki in particular.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jan 19, 2019 11:03 PM

Jan 2016
Thank goodness they didn't fuck this up like the BR arc before.
Accelerator calling Musujime a shotacon is gold.

CG said:
Why is Hamazura suddenly a main character? He's great, but a main character over Accel who becomes a legit second protagonist in the lns? Absurd.

And yeah, it's always great to see more of GROUP. Accel and Awaki in particular.

uhh author actually has been setting up hamazura being the 3rd hero and im surprised you say that assuming you've read the novels. it's like a given by this point of the story
Jan 19, 2019 11:17 PM

Jul 2016
Xenom3e said:
I literally can't follow all those 1 or 2 episode long stories that suddenly cut back to other stories or mention words or peoples for a single episode.

I'm reaching a point where I think it would've been better not to get this season as in my honest opinion, it just ruins the whole anime.

Well it's not your fault to think that way since J.C Staff (And possibly Kadokawa too) wanted to rushed the story by adapts 9 volumes into 26 episodes so they can get an Index NT anime adaptation as soon as possible.
Jan 20, 2019 12:14 AM

Nov 2009
CapitalistGod said:
uhh author actually has been setting up hamazura being the 3rd hero and im surprised you say that assuming you've read the novels. it's like a given by this point of the story
What I mean is Hamazura is "main" while Accel's still listed as just "supporting" is what is absurd. You said it yourself, Hamazura is the 3rd protag, and the one who is the 2nd, that is attained that status before Hamazura, is Accel, not the other way around. That means the possible combinations at this point of story are only the following: a. both are still supporting, b. Accel is main while Hamazura is still supporting, c. both main. What we have now, with Accel being stuck supporting while Hamazura is already main is out of order and absurd.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jan 20, 2019 3:02 AM

Feb 2015
KiLLZONE15JYU said:
Crashmatt said:

In the most part yes but im finding season 3 a tough watch. It just feels rushed and totally confusing.
Jan 20, 2019 6:40 AM
Dec 2018
Crashmatt said:
KiLLZONE15JYU said:

In the most part yes but im finding season 3 a tough watch. It just feels rushed and totally confusing.
Well blame JC Staff and the director including Kadokawa for rushing this series.
Jan 20, 2019 6:48 AM

Dec 2014
Well the focus of minor characters in theshow...hmmm next time new opening... I hope
Jan 20, 2019 8:13 AM
Dec 2018
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Xenom3e said:

Well it's not your fault to think that way since J.C Staff (And possibly Kadokawa too) wanted to rushed the story by adapts 9 volumes into 26 episodes so they can get an Index NT anime adaptation as soon as possible.
Well there is mostly positive to mixed reception from fans in Japan so it's not impossible to see NT adapt. The anime committee is their choice
to decide it if they want to continue it. I prefer a remake even if everyone disagrees with me, because it's the studio that doesn't care for the source material and people seriously liked this series for fanservice which destroys the story telling of kamachi's work. If anyone think this series is going to be popular it's never happening. The amount of newcomers in the west and in Japan doesn't like this series for its complex story telling and for that is the directors fault along with JC Staff. It's just not possible with the new studio and it will never happen if they destroy OPM 2 brutally.
Jan 20, 2019 8:18 AM
Dec 2018
ibraheem234 said:
Well the focus of minor characters in theshow...hmmm next time new opening... I hope
Maybe but the director does around episode 17 or 18. So don't expect anything until you see the new opening.
Jan 20, 2019 11:14 AM
Oct 2018
AcceleratorAngel said:
Crashmatt said:

I'm actually more confused that people are confused honestly, everyone here is old and the only new person while didn't get the ss2 scene is still pretty easy to understand what she's doing here(though someone pointed out to me CR's subs fucked up her motivation so maybe thats it).
Jan 20, 2019 11:27 AM

Aug 2013
It's nice to see Accelerator again.

Jan 20, 2019 11:52 AM

May 2015
And why is this happening again?
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 20, 2019 1:08 PM
Oct 2014
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Xenom3e said:

? Second half of OT is what was anticipated by fans. NT is widely considered as mediocre and uninteresting in Japan. Also, Index anime has always been rushed, it's nothing new.
Jan 20, 2019 1:32 PM

Dec 2008
I agree that the producers are cramming too much stuff into to few episodes. It makes it difficult to follow sometimes.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Jan 20, 2019 9:18 PM

Oct 2014
Kinuhata with that ultra short skirt. She is like asking for her pantsu to be seen by anyone.

Its not like I don't want it though. What a naughty 12 years old.
Jan 21, 2019 12:25 AM

Jul 2016
Adome said:
NT is widely considered as mediocre and uninteresting in Japan.

Then explain how comes NT8-10 and Othunis is so popular if Japan fans don't like it? Unless if you talking about the second half of NT since a lot of fans dropped it due to Kamisato's "asspull" power.

Also J.C Staff stated in one of the interview that they originally wanted to adapts NT into anime, but the anime fans will confusing as hell if they did so they make Index III with rushing story plot instead.

[
Adome said:
Also, Index anime has always been rushed, it's nothing new.

I know but most of the anime-only fans doesn't know about this.
Jan 21, 2019 1:50 AM
Dec 2018
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Adome said:
NT is widely considered as mediocre and uninteresting in Japan.

Then explain how comes NT8-10 and Othunis is so popular if Japan fans don't like it? Unless if you talking about the second half of NT since a lot of fans dropped it due to Kamisato's "asspull" power.

Also J.C Staff stated in one of the interview that they originally wanted to adapts NT into anime, but the anime fans will confusing as hell if they did so they make Index III with rushing story plot instead.

[
Adome said:
Also, Index anime has always been rushed, it's nothing new.

I know but most of the anime-only fans doesn't know about this.
The thing I don't want to say is that Japanese people are stupid when comes to the source material with this series because its true and its in twitter.
Jan 21, 2019 2:12 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Aversa said:

This arc and battle royale where the arcs with faster pacing and only one volume also on the LN, yet are giving no proper attention, they shiny in LN format as some of the best volumes of the series, here they are just cannonfolder, in the way of adapting the conclusion of Old Testament in Index S3.
Jan 21, 2019 2:18 AM

Apr 2014
Playcool said:
Aversa said:

This arc and battle royale where the arcs with faster pacing and only one volume also on the LN, yet are giving no proper attention, they shiny in LN format as some of the best volumes of the series, here they are just cannonfolder, in the way of adapting the conclusion of Old Testament in Index S3.

All arcs besides acquas are like this so far, jus look at the british royal arc it got only 5 eps, they really rushed the conclusion of it and cut the most intense action parts while leaving the unimportant terror attack on the plane in with touma getting significantly less badass.
-Accelerator-

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Can you imagine if the Final arc was a 3 part movie Adaptation like the Kizu movies?

BerriesSan - Mar 22

10 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 13, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

354 by bakakisima »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

117 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2019

74 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2019

82 by bakakisima »»
Dec 5, 2023 11:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.