Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 16, 2019 11:49 AM

Jun 2015
neonie said:
Tokoya said:

P.S. I hope that all the SJW's and vanilla kids feel real dumb after all that bitching about "Gloryfying slavery" etc

They won't. Are you somehow under the impression any of them actually watch or care about Anime? Just like the SJW's that infected the game industry, who none of them care about games, the only time they give a damn about any of this stuff is if they can come in and force a narrative down peoples throats.

fortunately animes come from Japan and in Japan no one gives a shit about extremist Sjw crying!
Jan 16, 2019 11:56 AM

Dec 2017
"My companion might scream at night, though." lol

2 first episodes was enjoyable, so i would say the show is of to a strong start. Haven't read the source material but the pacing seems like it's not rushed. But i'll keep my expectations lowered for a few more episodes.
Jan 16, 2019 11:57 AM
Oct 2017
Love the OST in the anime! 😍
Jan 16, 2019 11:57 AM
Apr 2016
vipergod said:
neonie said:

They won't. Are you somehow under the impression any of them actually watch or care about Anime? Just like the SJW's that infected the game industry, who none of them care about games, the only time they give a damn about any of this stuff is if they can come in and force a narrative down peoples throats.

fortunately animes come from Japan and in Japan no one gives a shit about extremist Sjw crying!

You mean civilized nations human rights and female dignity. Hooray. Apex of humanity.

A not-so-great opening with two decent moments in the middle and in the end. Sang by another unknown group invited into the industry. Can't say I am too content. Can't say I raged.
Re:formed
Jan 16, 2019 12:02 PM

Dec 2016
That is one awesome opening theme and video, I am a bit worried though but what looks like him going berserk and his power going out of control.

Making medicine is a great skill for him to have, helps the party but can continually give him a source of income.

Fight monsters, sell medicine, upgrade equipment, rinse wash and repeat, slowly but steadily they are making progress.

Naofumi was able to use Raphtalia's past to his advantage there to defeat that dog monster, kinda like using reverse psychology in order to help her overcome her past.

Either way that was an impressive kill, I wonder what LV those 2 were at the time, that dog was LV 15 so now wonder they got a lot of EXP for it, the rope skill also comes in handy, he can use that for many situations.

03 Wave of Catastrophe, that doesn't sound good for our hero. I hope that ore and whatever loot from the dog monster is worth a bit, they will need upgraded equipment very shortly.

Really looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 16, 2019 12:10 PM
Jul 2017
I can see a lot of people getting upset about the controversial slave concept of this show, but you have to know here in the US it's a touchy subject because of the history we have with "slaves." However, overseas in Japan, it's probably not something as contentious. So please watch this anime with an open mind and know the cultural difference between where you're from and where this show originated from.
seraphimxdJan 16, 2019 12:13 PM
Jan 16, 2019 12:13 PM

May 2018
Kyon_at_Best said:
Gerver said:
What the actual fuck, the skipped like 90% of content and rushed Raphtalia arc like it was nothing. I thought DOge fight will be like episode 4 and we will see how they get used to each other, from cold Nao and scared Raphtalia to an actual party. But they pushed it in 20 minutes.
After awesome first episode this is just 0/10, my eyes bleed.
If anyone liked first episode you better read ranobe, this was not an episode, this was a fucking abomination of speedrun industry.

If i havent read ranobe I would be like
"Duh, another trash isekai where girl fall in love in MC in a single fucking episode, total garbage, droped". It pains me for what they did to this episode.

I don't want the anime to cover 100% of everything from the light novel. If they did, what's the point of publishing books? The anime needs to be able to coexist with light novels, not 100% rip from them. If the anime did that, no one would bother buying the light novels and supporting the author. Anime and manga are easily accessible to pirating and streaming online, at the very least light novels aren't as easy and can be taken down through DMCA. If you actually cared about the well-being of the light novel, you wouldn't want a 100% rip of it for animation. You would want it to keep enough for viewers to be interested, yet lacking enough for them to want more of it; hence driving light novel sales. The fact that you're encouraging people to read the light novel proves that the anime is able to coexist with the light novel. If the anime was 100% faithful, would you encourage people to read the light novel? Probably not.

LN are also easy to pirate lmao, at least the ones that have an ebook version.
Jan 16, 2019 12:24 PM
Jan 2019
Only_Brad said:
Kyon_at_Best said:

I don't want the anime to cover 100% of everything from the light novel. If they did, what's the point of publishing books? The anime needs to be able to coexist with light novels, not 100% rip from them. If the anime did that, no one would bother buying the light novels and supporting the author. Anime and manga are easily accessible to pirating and streaming online, at the very least light novels aren't as easy and can be taken down through DMCA. If you actually cared about the well-being of the light novel, you wouldn't want a 100% rip of it for animation. You would want it to keep enough for viewers to be interested, yet lacking enough for them to want more of it; hence driving light novel sales. The fact that you're encouraging people to read the light novel proves that the anime is able to coexist with the light novel. If the anime was 100% faithful, would you encourage people to read the light novel? Probably not.

LN are also easy to pirate lmao, at least the ones that have an ebook version.

True but they're not spread as badly as mediums such as anime and manga. Publishers issue DMCA take downs to light novel fan translators all the time. You often see ebooks of a couple or a few volumes, but not the entire series. This is fine to an extent as the first 1 or 2 volumes actually get reader's interest of rather to pursue investing time into continue reading or not. Fan translators certainly have helped light novels become popular; otherwise we would have zero knowledge of the series. But you wouldn't see many series that would have the entire ebooks being pirated, those often than not would get targeted by publishers as quickly as possible. My point is just anime will never be 100% faithful to a light novel. But this doesn't deter the anime from being good. Rather it invites more people that want to explore character development to read the light novels and promote the series as a whole.
Jan 16, 2019 12:29 PM

Jun 2010
Kyon_at_Best said:
You often see ebooks of a couple or a few volumes, but not the entire series.

You are not looking in the right places.
Jan 16, 2019 12:30 PM

Sep 2015
Kyon_at_Best said:
Gerver said:
What the actual fuck, the skipped like 90% of content and rushed Raphtalia arc like it was nothing. I thought DOge fight will be like episode 4 and we will see how they get used to each other, from cold Nao and scared Raphtalia to an actual party. But they pushed it in 20 minutes.
After awesome first episode this is just 0/10, my eyes bleed.
If anyone liked first episode you better read ranobe, this was not an episode, this was a fucking abomination of speedrun industry.

If i havent read ranobe I would be like
"Duh, another trash isekai where girl fall in love in MC in a single fucking episode, total garbage, droped". It pains me for what they did to this episode.

When they show WHOLE DEVELOPMENT OF SECOND MAIN CHARACTER, WHOLE DEVELOPMENT FROM SCARED GIRL TO AN ACTUAL COMPANION in 20 minutes its bullshit. You can introduce character, give him flashback, show what he wants and what he fears. BUT NOT FINISH HIS ARC IN 1 EPISODE.
They had beautiful moments when Raphtalia had panic attack during night and Nao had to fight angry balls until dawn because he could not calm her down, he started to care about her, forced her to drink bitter cure again and again so she get better, and only then she started to open to him and saw him as a hero, not an abusive master who forces her to kill monsters. And much more.

What we see in this episode?
Hey, I choose her. In ranobe Nao had to choose between her and two other cheap slaves, rabbit and lizard, but okay, thats details.
Hey lets go eat.
Hey you want that happy meal, I ll buy it for you even though five minutes ago I was angry betrayed man who doesnt trust anyone.
Hey dont cry I wil hug you.
Random cuts, insert Eye of the Tiger OST.
Hey you are my hero forever and literally my second parent.

Not rushed at all. Damn I hate when people get so offended when you tell them truth.
And yes I am angry because I care and I am a fan. Fanboy will shill and defend any shit connected to the title. But fan cares about quality and details that makes this story different from isekai wrote by an algorithm from Isekai Bingo.
The opinions of people with shit taste, such as yourself, may differ of course.
Jan 16, 2019 12:33 PM

Aug 2015
It was good, but it felt like they skipped a lot of content cause the episode felt a bit rushed.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Jan 16, 2019 12:35 PM

Apr 2009
seraphimxd said:
I can see a lot of people getting upset about the controversial slave concept of this show, but you have to know here in the US it's a touchy subject because of the history we have with "slaves." However, overseas in Japan, it's probably not something as contentious. So please watch this anime with an open mind and know the cultural difference between where you're from and where this show originated from.

Every country had slave's and Japan enslaved people so..

Its not controversial at all if you actually think a little.

Jan 16, 2019 12:37 PM

Jun 2013
This is good. The pacing is actually great for the Novel. There's a lot of stuff there but making it 3 ep would ruined it honestly, it would be too slow and boring. There are a ton of stuff to cover with just 24 ep

squeeze that into 20 min u got to cut a lot of stuff

Jan 16, 2019 12:37 PM
Nov 2018
Good episode.

Kyon_at_Best said:
I suggest buying and reading the light novel and actually supporting the author. Anime is so easily pirated that if they completely 100% ripped from the light novel, the author wouldn't be making much for all the hard work she put in to writing it.
Books are published as epub files, they are much easier to pirate then anime. They are tiny in comparison and format is well supported.

I think author receives one-time licensing payment from US publisher/streamer at best. Volume one has text "English translation rights arranged by One Peace Books under the license from KADOKAWA CORPORATION, Japan." I doubt author gets anything from US sells directly. Do you know if they get royalties from translated versions?
Jan 16, 2019 12:38 PM

Sep 2014
Well, felt a bit rushed but this was probably the best they could do with this part
Jan 16, 2019 12:39 PM

Apr 2009

You do know that characters grow this episode 2 was only like 2 chapters..

Your a fan of the LN/Manga if you dont like this adaptation you can not watch it and give it a rating 1 like a salty cuck.

Its following the LN quite well.
Jan 16, 2019 12:45 PM

Dec 2014
so he ges a slave girl...hmmm damn she was easy to please
Jan 16, 2019 12:48 PM

May 2017
Her arc is rushed. They followed the manga this time instead of the light novel.
Here's a list of things they missed.

• Raphtalia being bullied by kids
  • The fact that Raphtalia gets hungry all the time.
  • The last few pages of the manga in chapter 4.

Here's what can be done in the next episode.
copyrightRingoJan 16, 2019 12:55 PM
「ボクは…確かに現実に絶望している。だけど、自分には絶望していない!! 今がつまらないか…楽しいのか…平凡なのか…決めているのは現実じゃない。決めるのはボクだ!!ボクが望めば不可能はない!!」-桂木桂馬
"True, I've given up on the real world. However, I haven't given up on myself!! The world doesn't get to decide whether my life is boring, fun, or ordinary because that's my decision to make!! As long as I have the will, nothing is impossible!!" -Katsuragi Keima
Jan 16, 2019 12:49 PM

Apr 2009
copyrightRingo said:
Her arc is rushed. They followed the manga this time instead of the light novel.
Here's a list of things they missed.

• Raphtalia being bullied by kids
  • The fact that Raphtalia gets hungry all the time.
  • The last few pages of the manga in chapter 4.

Here's what can be done in the next episode.

I mean she can still get hungry all the time after this episode and where in the manga was she bullied by kids i cant remember that at all.
Jan 16, 2019 12:51 PM
Apr 2016
So much tomato juice coming out of creatures. Juicy.
Jan 16, 2019 12:52 PM
Aug 2016
Better than the first ep but still being a bad show.
Jan 16, 2019 12:54 PM

May 2017
AForgottenSoul said:

I mean she can still get hungry all the time after this episode and where in the manga was she bullied by kids i cant remember that at all.

Light novel. Volume 1. Chapter 12.
「ボクは…確かに現実に絶望している。だけど、自分には絶望していない!! 今がつまらないか…楽しいのか…平凡なのか…決めているのは現実じゃない。決めるのはボクだ!!ボクが望めば不可能はない!!」-桂木桂馬
"True, I've given up on the real world. However, I haven't given up on myself!! The world doesn't get to decide whether my life is boring, fun, or ordinary because that's my decision to make!! As long as I have the will, nothing is impossible!!" -Katsuragi Keima
Jan 16, 2019 12:55 PM
Jan 2019
Gerver said:
Kyon_at_Best said:

When they show WHOLE DEVELOPMENT OF SECOND MAIN CHARACTER, WHOLE DEVELOPMENT FROM SCARED GIRL TO AN ACTUAL COMPANION in 20 minutes its bullshit. You can introduce character, give him flashback, show what he wants and what he fears. BUT NOT FINISH HIS ARC IN 1 EPISODE.
They had beautiful moments when Raphtalia had panic attack during night and Nao had to fight angry balls until dawn because he could not calm her down, he started to care about her, forced her to drink bitter cure again and again so she get better, and only then she started to open to him and saw him as a hero, not an abusive master who forces her to kill monsters. And much more.

What we see in this episode?
Hey, I choose her. In ranobe Nao had to choose between her and two other cheap slaves, rabbit and lizard, but okay, thats details.
Hey lets go eat.
Hey you want that happy meal, I ll buy it for you even though five minutes ago I was angry betrayed man who doesnt trust anyone.
Hey dont cry I wil hug you.
Random cuts, insert Eye of the Tiger OST.
Hey you are my hero forever and literally my second parent.

Not rushed at all. Damn I hate when people get so offended when you tell them truth.
And yes I am angry because I care and I am a fan. Fanboy will shill and defend any shit connected to the title. But fan cares about quality and details that makes this story different from isekai wrote by an algorithm from Isekai Bingo.

I never said it wasn't rushed. But not everything NEEDS to be adapted. I agree with you about the medicine and how Naofumi kept making her drink it over and over would be great to see, but that was because he spent a lot of effort to make the medicine; he doesn't care for her until after the banquet when he actually realizes that she doesn't see him in the same light as everyone else. At this point in the story, Naofumi wants to get stronger, he doesn't want to get betrayed. He chose Raphtalia because she was sick and she would be cheaper. He gave her medicine, because if he loses her, he has no means to survive. Same with helping her with panic attacks. From Naofumi's perspective, he'll take care of Raphtalia as long as she's useful to him. Raphtalia, the scenes are meant to show that she sees him differently compared to the townfolk. Naofumi has interactions, but the way he views them is different compared to hers in the beginning. I'm an actual fan. I've purchased all the volumes that came out. Sure it's rushed, but viewers are still able to get the feeling without there needing to be long dialogues or too many added scenes. But this doesn't detract from the overall narrative. And what is with everyone being so oversensitive to the term Isekai? Isekai has been long around before anime. Alice in Wonderland is an isekai. Narnia is an isekai. Kingdom Hearts is an isekai. People will love what they love and hate what they hate. You also can't say her development is only in the second episode. She grows as the story progress, just because a scene didn't show up, or something was cut short, doesn't mean that 1 episode will end her story. It's not one of those anime where 1-3 episodes develop 1 main heroine and then drops her for another. Her role grows throughout the story. For someone who has never seen the series, the pacing is of course great. I've read the light novel, but I can understand why the pacing is what it is. It's not to be 100% adapted. It's to attract people who never knew about the series to watch the anime and maybe even read the light novel. Tate no Yuusha isn't the first anime to do this. Isekai anime isn't the only one to do this, a lot of anime that aren't based on isekai light novels does the same thing. Besides, there's a lot of development for Raphtalia apart from her loli self. How about the banquet? Or the time with the undead dragon? When the pope confronts him? Or when Kiel is introduced? Her arc isn't only limited to the first novel, so you have no worries. A character development is progressive, everything in episode 2 only took a week's time. There's still the first wave, the banquet, and a lot of stuff to look forward to. I know we love Raphtalia, but she has a lot more development in store, saying her only development is in light novel 1 is wrong.
Jan 16, 2019 12:56 PM
Apr 2016
AForgottenSoul said:
seraphimxd said:

Every country had slave's and Japan enslaved people so..

Its not controversial at all if you actually think a little.

I don't think ALL kinds of people degenerated into having humans in possession. We should divide war prisoners who laboured from conventional slaves that existed through an institution of slavery in the said people's society. To be honest I can't say for a 100% I know a nation or people who never ever owned slaves, but I am sure there were better ancestors than I know of.
Jan 16, 2019 12:56 PM

Aug 2012
Ryuseishun said:
"Good medicine tastes bitter."

Naofumi, 2019

well, isn't it true? at least when it comes to herbal medicine
Jan 16, 2019 12:59 PM

Feb 2012
Another great episode. I really enjoyed the touching moments between the MC and Raphtalia. They have a great arrangement with Naofumi being the tank and her being the offense. The way Naofumi's shield upgrades and gets new abilities is interesting. I'm wondering how long he's only gonna have defensive capabilities I'm sure later on he's gonna get some offensive abilities with his shield right?
Jan 16, 2019 1:00 PM
Apr 2016
I feel that if I stayed here for too long I'd participate in two crusades and need monkeyspeech amulet to get through them. It is probably safer to retreat...
Jan 16, 2019 1:01 PM

Aug 2013
My expectations were low, but this episode was much better. I'm waiting for more.
Dhyan_manu said:
Mattinator95 said:

She's a dog person not a racoon

She is tanuki girl which means racoon in english.

Not exactly.

As the tanuki, the animal has been significant in Japanese folklore since ancient times. The legendary tanuki is reputed to be mischievous and jolly, a master of disguise and shapeshifting, but somewhat gullible and absentminded. It is also a common theme in Japanese art, especially statuary.

"Tanuki" is often mistakenly translated into English as "badger" or "raccoon" (as used in the US version of the movie Pom Poko and outlined in Tom Robbins' book Villa Incognito), two unrelated types of animals with superficially similar appearances. Traditionally, different areas of Japan had different names for raccoon dogs as animals, which would be used to denote different animals in other parts of the country, including badgers and wild cats; however, the official word in the standard Tokyo dialect is now "tanuki", a term that also carries the folkloric significance.

Translating tanuki as raccoon is a bad idea, especially that this animal in anime is almost always portrayed as a thing of folklore. Including this series of course.
It's like calling Onigiri a jelly donut.
Of course raccoon it's better than monkey - that's for sure.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 16, 2019 1:01 PM

Aug 2012
seraphimxd said:
no, you just guilt yourselves over what your ancestors did. until recently everyone had slaves. And not all slavery was chattel slavery. And if you want to know how horrific slavery can be let's consider black slave owner who ate the slaves they owned once they could not use them anymore or muslim slave owners that castrated their male slaves. Sometimes you could get away with your balls but only if you were not a black slave. All black slaves got castrated by the muslim.
Jan 16, 2019 1:03 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
If Naofumi was actually much harsher on her in the LN...then i think, it was a great move of the team to tone it down.

I can understand why he's doing it and i'm glad that he felt responsible for her actual well being by the end of the episode (felt pretty clear to me that he's already not doing it for the sake of fighting anymore).

Episode 2 and i'm already attached big time to Naofumi and Raphtalia, feels like a parent - daughter relationship as of now. Had to hold back some tears during three points in this episode.

Her ressolve at the end was great, i just wanna see these two succeed and getting happiness in this shitty world.
Jan 16, 2019 1:04 PM

Aug 2012
rsc-pl said:
Dhyan_manu said:

She is tanuki girl which means racoon in english.

Not exactly.

As the tanuki, the animal has been significant in Japanese folklore since ancient times. The legendary tanuki is reputed to be mischievous and jolly, a master of disguise and shapeshifting, but somewhat gullible and absentminded. It is also a common theme in Japanese art, especially statuary.

"Tanuki" is often mistakenly translated into English as "badger" or "raccoon" (as used in the US version of the movie Pom Poko and outlined in Tom Robbins' book Villa Incognito), two unrelated types of animals with superficially similar appearances. Traditionally, different areas of Japan had different names for raccoon dogs as animals, which would be used to denote different animals in other parts of the country, including badgers and wild cats; however, the official word in the standard Tokyo dialect is now "tanuki", a term that also carries the folkloric significance.

Translating tanuki as raccoon is a bad idea, especially that this animal in anime is almost always portrayed as a thing of folklore. Including this series of course.
tanuki means racoon dog and looks like a racoon
Jan 16, 2019 1:05 PM

Aug 2013
nightcrawlercyp said:
rsc-pl said:

Not exactly.

Did you even bother to read my post?
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 16, 2019 1:07 PM
Apr 2016
rsc-pl said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Did you even bother to read my post?

I've seen the guy he does not bother to anything. Must be that notorious freeman from a land far away.
Jan 16, 2019 1:11 PM
Jan 2019
FreezePeach said:
Good episode.

Kyon_at_Best said:
I suggest buying and reading the light novel and actually supporting the author. Anime is so easily pirated that if they completely 100% ripped from the light novel, the author wouldn't be making much for all the hard work she put in to writing it.
Books are published as epub files, they are much easier to pirate then anime. They are tiny in comparison and format is well supported.

I think author receives one-time licensing payment from US publisher/streamer at best. Volume one has text "English translation rights arranged by One Peace Books under the license from KADOKAWA CORPORATION, Japan." I doubt author gets anything from US sells directly. Do you know if they get royalties from translated versions?

They should get royalties since the work is by them. That text only means that One Peace Books has the rights to translate and distrubute them here in the US, by no means does that mean they OWN the franchise. That text is so that you don't have some other publisher selling that author's work. The text is for licensing rights. The author still gets royalties, but the translators and distributers get a cut of it as well I think.
Jan 16, 2019 1:12 PM

Feb 2008
THis was way more intense than I remember reading. Also he was way harsher than I remember. Then again, hes starting point was rather crappy.
Jan 16, 2019 1:27 PM
Nov 2018
Kyon_at_Best said:
They should get royalties since the work is by them. That text only means that One Peace Books has the rights to translate and distrubute them here in the US, by no means does that mean they OWN the franchise. That text is so that you don't have some other publisher selling that author's work. The text is for licensing rights. The author still gets royalties, but the translators and distributers get a cut of it as well I think.
So, your guess is as good as mine then. What "should" happen and what is written in contracts is not related in any way. It is possible that author sold all or partial foreign publication rights to Kadokawa and gets royalties for sells in Japan. Anyway, as we both obviously can only guess, there is nothing to discuss further.
Jan 16, 2019 1:33 PM

Sep 2018
Faster paced than the manga, but the episode included the most important parts of this arc. The ED perfectly fits this episode thematically.

And now, we wait another week...
Jan 16, 2019 1:34 PM
Mar 2016
Naofumi is good tank lul

next eps is Wave
look like we will see a 3 bastard heroes doing nothing but act high like shit
Jan 16, 2019 1:35 PM

Aug 2008
so i went back to reread the manga to see why so many people are offended at the pace of the anime, and honestly speaking it wasn't all too different from the manga. it was chapters 3 to 4, and once you go to chapter 5 there's a seemingly huge time jump (even though it's only 2 weeks in story time).

also, very confused about the whole feeding raph's hair to the shield. i know it's depicted in the anime and the LN, but it wasn't anywhere in the manga (or at least chap 1-5 where loli raph would appear), so what's up with that? what does feeding the hair to the shield do? does he morph his shield to raph, cuz that sure as hell ain't gonna happen.
Jan 16, 2019 1:35 PM

Apr 2009
copyrightRingo said:
AForgottenSoul said:

Ok ignore me it seems im reading the manga not done the LN yet .

Still people saying its fast.. its like 4 Manga chapters in 2 episodes one which was 40mins and another which was 20mins so 60mins between 4 chapter's.

AForgottenSoulJan 16, 2019 1:41 PM
Jan 16, 2019 1:37 PM

Apr 2007
Tragic raccoon lolis make me happy.
Jan 16, 2019 1:38 PM

Mar 2017
This might already be my fav anime of the season! It's so great that it's not the average isekai anime and that the main character isn't a perfectly heroic protagonist. I wish every episode was 40 mins like last week 😔
Jan 16, 2019 1:40 PM
Jan 2019
Oniikami said:
so i went back to reread the manga to see why so many people are offended at the pace of the anime, and honestly speaking it wasn't all too different from the manga. it was chapters 3 to 4, and once you go to chapter 5 there's a seemingly huge time jump (even though it's only 2 weeks in story time).

also, very confused about the whole feeding raph's hair to the shield. i know it's depicted in the anime and the LN, but it wasn't anywhere in the manga (or at least chap 1-5 where loli raph would appear), so what's up with that? what does feeding the hair to the shield do? does he morph his shield to raph, cuz that sure as hell ain't gonna happen.

From what I've seen it's only been like 3 people who were offended by the pace who actually posted in the forum. A majority of people loved the episode judging from the poll; myself included ;). They seem to be upset that a couple scenes were skipped from the light novel, or some scenes should have been longer. Just very opinionated complaints, nothing really terrible, but to each his or her own I guess?
Jan 16, 2019 1:44 PM

Jul 2015
raphtalia .... cute ;3
we learn some about her past
naofumi doin his shield stuff
good episode tho

Well...
Jan 16, 2019 1:49 PM
Jan 2019
AForgottenSoul said:
copyrightRingo said:

Still people saying its fast.. its like 4 Manga chapters in 2 episodes one which was 40mins and another which was 20mins so 60mins between 4 chapter's.

I think you're ok. The slave dealer already explained that demi-humans aren't treated well in Melromarc. So the bullying part wasn't necessarily needed. It's why I think even though it's animated based on the manga, the manga has already done a good job of illustrating the most important parts of the light novel. Of course if you love interactions between characters, or more character development, the light novel is a good read. But people need to realize how costly it takes to produce an anime. Not everything you love will get animated, but the important story elements usually are. It's not like the anime has the production cost of say Naruto or One Piece. I'm all for comparisons, but to judge a episode based on missing elements rather than how an episode did in conveying and progressing the story withint a production budget for first time viewers is a bit sad.
Jan 16, 2019 1:51 PM

Apr 2009
Kyon_at_Best said:
AForgottenSoul said:

I think you're ok. The slave dealer already explained that demi-humans aren't treated well in Melromarc. So the bullying part wasn't necessarily needed. It's why I think even though it's animated based on the manga, the manga has already done a good job of illustrating the most important parts of the light novel. Of course if you love interactions between characters, or more character development, the light novel is a good read. But people need to realize how costly it takes to produce an anime. Not everything you love will get animated, but the important story elements usually are. It's not like the anime has the production cost of say Naruto or One Piece. I'm all for comparisons, but to judge a episode based on missing elements rather than how an episode did in conveying and progressing the story withint a production budget for first time viewers is a bit sad.

Yeah this is why i get quite annoyed with Manga readers or Book readers when they have to compare everything and complain over everything , if your not biased you would know the anime cant adapt it all. I think it got the emotion conveyed quite well.
Jan 16, 2019 1:56 PM
Mar 2016
"critics, disappoint, trashtalk, manga did that, ln did that, grading lowest as you can"
look like you guys really cant enjoy your life
i asking how many time you disappointed with adapted anime?
and you still put highest bar expectation?
are you guys masochist? or just ppl really like to be disappointed?

Tateyuu is one of the best isekai, great concept
and i think until eps 2, anime producer doing great job
rushed? didnt meet you expectation?
because you didnt enjoy this anime, you choose comparing with manga and ln instead enjoying
if you say "this should chapter 4 in manga"
do you want Tateyuu anime become Monthly Anime? just like manga?
even if tateyuu become mountly anime there is must be a single ppl say "why update took so long"
human always greedy
that why Naofumi didnt believe a Humans

Naofumi really a good tank
well first time i read manga i still disappoint he didnt has skilll like Ragnarok Online's Paladin
but well still okey
Jan 16, 2019 1:57 PM

Apr 2018
Great episode and Raphtalia is cute AF

Can't wait for the next
Jan 16, 2019 2:06 PM

Sep 2018
NdanHM said:
"critics, disappoint, trashtalk, manga did that, ln did that, grading lowest as you can"
look like you guys really cant enjoy your life
i asking how many time you disappointed with adapted anime?
and you still put highest bar expectation?
are you guys masochist? or just ppl really like to be disappointed?

Tateyuu is one of the best isekai, great concept
and i think until eps 2, anime producer doing great job
rushed? didnt meet you expectation?
because you didnt enjoy this anime, you choose comparing with manga and ln instead enjoying
if you say "this should chapter 4 in manga"
do you want Tateyuu anime become Monthly Anime? just like manga?
even if tateyuu become mountly anime there is must be a single ppl say "why update took so long"
human always greedy
that why Naofumi didnt believe a Humans

Naofumi really a good tank
well first time i read manga i still disappoint he didnt has skilll like Ragnarok Online's Paladin
but well still okey

Eh, just ignore them. Not to mention, the average was an 8.46 prior to the airing of Ep. 2 and then, went up by 0.02. Average scores are largely meaningless, imo. How the average shifts throughout the season matters more. So far, we can say that the second episode left a general positive reception for the audience.
Jan 16, 2019 2:06 PM

Jan 2013
How to create a misunderstanding in 1 short step
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

270 by SanessyAdversary »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2019

355 by SanessyAdversary »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2019

190 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2019

300 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2019

288 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 4:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.