Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 15, 2019 3:49 AM

May 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Amazing movie.
Ominous and sinister, yet beautiful. Exactly what I felt watching this movie.
The battle between Saber and Berserker was very well done. That animation when Saber used her noble phantasm(I think) made me really feel how destructive her power is.
H Scene beautifully done with Yuki Kajiura music.
A lot about Sakura was revealed. How I view her changed siginificantly...that end tho :'(

Looking forward to the 3rd movie.

Jan 16, 2019 3:49 AM

Oct 2014
Iylestdettmp said:
I have already read the VN, so i know what happens, but i just wanna know: where does the movie end?

Iylestdettmp said:

not in this movie, so you should add a spoiler tag to that
Jan 16, 2019 10:10 AM
Apr 2018
https://youtu.be/XD9bWNxhTUc

Spoiler in here :) Berseker Vs Saber Alter
Rano_SarminJan 17, 2019 6:23 PM
Jan 16, 2019 5:24 PM

Jul 2010
Just watched it yesterday. Why is Saber Alter(?) so destructively OP? And shadow Sakura beat Gilgamesh even though she died once?

Was such a beautiful movie though.
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Jan 16, 2019 6:03 PM

Jul 2013
ABSOLUTE!

LOVE!

It's an absolute YES from me!

Heaven's Feel is the darkest route, and everyone I love has it so rough, but it's shown so beautifully I can't :(

Kajiurrraaaaaaaaaa, why is your music so perfect?

Ufotabbbllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeee, does that Unlimited Budget Works have no limit? Your animation is even more spectacular, and if you're gonna adapt the third half to this godlike level of quality, I- I can't take it- I actually-

Honestly, watching was such a surreal experience. I consider myself a huge F/SN fan, but the more I watched, the more I realised, I don't actually remember much of this section of the Heaven's Feel route? So there were quite a few pleasant surprises!

Saber Alter was perfection. Her battle with Berserker was beyond perfection. The Gilga scene was done justice (rip golden boi tho... I was actually shook?). And everything with Archer was goddamn PERFECT, all the way to the very end. THE. VERY. END.

And throughout it all, Sakura finally takes centre stage! It genuinely shows that Sudou actually understands the character, and is making a concentrated effort for her to be understood. Having spent years decade of heated arguments, endless debates, and hours of wasted time with other people regarding what sort character she is, the way the movie portrayed her was... well, quite satisfying.

I do have minor nitpicks here and there. Among other things, it would've been nice if they placed more focus on Shirou actually losing his arm. But hey, no salt here! Otherwise I'm not complaining! Maybe it's my bad memory keeping me from nagging too much but right now I'm overwhelmed with a sense of satisfaction and it was a good film and I'm happy and

yes

I'll leave it at that~
CarenPriestessJan 16, 2019 6:10 PM

Jan 16, 2019 6:32 PM
Aug 2017
Sigsig said:
Why is Saber Alter(?) so destructively OP?

Shirou is a pretty weak master. With unlimited Holy Grail mana, Saber finally gets to show off her true power.

Sigsig said:
And shadow Sakura beat Gilgamesh even though she died once?

She didn't die, though she came close. With unlimited Holy Grail mana, Sakura can recover from just about anything if it doesn't destroy her heart or cut off her head.
Jan 17, 2019 10:25 AM

Aug 2010
As someone who loves the UBW route and generally considers the Oath Under Snow movie, a love child of HF that does a few things better IMO than its parent, to be the best Fate adaptation, alongside Zero, and that ufo has done way too much to shake my confidence in them after their UBW adaptation and me not being that awfully impressed by Presage Flower, despite acknowledging it being a step up from the previous attempt at F/SN:

Lost Butterfly may actually be the best-animated thing in the entirety of the Nasuverse, as of this moment.

Oh dear god, I could not believe what I was seeing. Every single aspect was done so unbelievably well, it's hard to believe that this is the same studio that did UBW.

Sudou just freaking gets and adores Heaven's Feel. There's no other way to look at the how and the why for his direction, this time around. He took every single criticism people had of the route and came almost unrealistically close to completely eliminating them with precision while standing firm on direction decisions I can see a LOT of directors deciding to downplay them or flat out not do them at all.

Yeah. I don't think I mind saying that this is currently the best-animated thing I've seen of the franchise.
Jan 17, 2019 10:29 AM

Aug 2009
Remirror said:
Sigsig said:
Why is Saber Alter(?) so destructively OP?

Shirou is a pretty weak master. With unlimited Holy Grail mana, Saber finally gets to show off her true power.

Everyone would be OP if they had unlimited mana.
Jan 17, 2019 7:34 PM

Jun 2013
Got my tickets for the 23rd today, so excited :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2019 7:47 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Rano_Sarmin said:
https://youtu.be/XD9bWNxhTUc

Spoiler in here :) Berseker Vs Saber Alter

HOLY FUCK.
Thank you... now I can replay that shit multiple times as I wait endless for the BDs, and still be awed when I see that on BDs.

Found Dr.Gil & Sakura fun moment and something really beautifully done (obviously huge spoilers):

That Alley scene, they are making it even more darker than I ever imagined, and so creepy with the munch. LOVE IT.
PlaycoolJan 17, 2019 8:18 PM
Jan 17, 2019 10:00 PM

May 2015
Gonna be hard not to look at the cam ripped stuff for another month. Godammit...

Jan 17, 2019 10:54 PM

Aug 2014
So this is a really good movie, and they definitely even improved on the VN in some aspects. Of note, the final dream sequence (well, the only one since they omitted the other two, which is a shame since they really added to the horror element in the VN) was really good. The whole "wonderland" thing was unexpected but wonderfully well executed, and the way the scene is directed is strangely magical and ominous all at once, especially if you know what you're watching. Like seeing the dead "stuffed animals" floating downriver at one point. And the detail is on point, what with all the paintings in the background during that one sequence. The cut to Gil arriving and conversing with Sakura and the following scene was excellent on the horror front as well (although I'll admit it did make him look a little incompetent vs the VN version but oh well gil looking dumb what else is new). The shadow going around eating townspeople and fish was also a great scene.

Saber Alter vs Berserker definitely deserves a mention too, ofc, for taking what was a pretty quick and simple fight in the VN (not that that's necessarily bad though) and turning it into the most stunning showpiece battle in the movie. Probably the best thing Ufotable or anyone else has animated for a Fate/ battle sequence. The OST is perfect with it's ominous and more heroic/"epic" tones, with how it switches back and forth between the latter as Herc looks to be pulling through before going back around to ominous as SAlter turns the tide again. The whole Illya shouting BASAKA moment and Herc breaking out of the Shadow was great, ofc, echoing back to UBW in a way, it added an emotional element to the mix of the fight and really showed Hercs prowess as one of the greatest heroes, his loyalty and his and Illyas bond. The choreography and animation was insane and amazing too, better than even Apocryphas Karna and Sieg imo. Really fantastic sequence, I'm wondering what they'll do for the third movie equivalent to this since they had Lancer vs True Assassin as the fight the turned up the action for in the first movie.

Most unexpectedly they also had the sex scene and not only not have it be a joke like the VN, but actually be a fairly emotional moment. Very well handled on Sudous part, the OST, directing and script there was good. It's also nice that they kept in the realta nua mana transfer blood sucking thing so that it was actually a moment of character relationship growth instead of contrived sex for plot. Very good moment in the movie, which is pretty unexpected from anime sex. Pretty cute and touching on the parts of both characters, the handling of their relationship is definitely a highlight of the movie.

Some other things of note include Shirous struggle over abandoning his (or Kiritsugus) dream and ideals for Sakuras sake, and the dream sequence where he imagines seeing Kiritsugu and Archer walk past him, and a future version of him "killing her". That was great visual directing that didn't require a 20 minute long monologue to get the same point across. It's a shame they couldn't quite manage to be so on point with the same stuff they tried in UBW, but that's neither here nor there I suppose. In either case whiile not perfect, this is by far the most faithful adaptation of Shirou ever put to screen and actually manages to capture his character, you can really feel for the guy here. Sakura and Shirous conversation the day after the sex scene was also great in direction. Archer was pretty cool with how he was saving Rin/Shirou/Illya from Assassin and the Shadow, and that Rho Aias bit was a good addition I think. The final cut with Sakura and the grail critters as she's turned into "dark" Sakura after she kills Shinji and Shirou desperately trying to reach the Matou house in time was a pretty great leave off. Sudou also really captures the themes of the route here, and you can see them on display in a lot of the aforementioned scenes, though I imagine that goes without saying.

I do think it's not perfect though, mostly since it did leave a few important things out. Most notably three big character moments. Kireis is probably the most important, since he didn't get much (we did have his convo with Gil, which was good, but its lacking the contextualization of him pondering his past to accompany it), and I really hope Ufo plans to rectify this next movie by adding it to the second such scene that features him. Unless they're thinking they can skip it because its semi similar to his character arc in F/Z, which is a little eeeh, understandable considering runtime problems but not optimal.

Secondly they also skipped the Lorelei scene with Illya (though that jumping onto Shirou at the start was pretty cute) which was a pretty important scene for their relationship where he considers what it would be like if they had lived together as a family, and had Kiritsugu been there with them, and then she later tells him that they can't have that since she won't live long, and neither will he. They also did cut out the bit where she mentions it's good Sakura consumed such a grand soul since it at least means she'll get to keep Archer with her instead, I think, which is odd since it could've just been added to that convo without any runtime issue? Lol. Personally I do think these are some important character moments that lays some groundwork for whats to come, and its a real shame they cut them out, and these, unlike Kireis flashback, are things which can't be added to the third movie now that they're past them.

Lastly and strangely, considering the rest of the movie was consolidated to make it more about Sakura, they also cut out the bit after Shirou struggles with the knife (and I didn't mention this earlier, but that was another good scene-Shirou breaking down and crying in his struggle to decide what to do and as he abandons Kiritsugus dream is a really great moment) where she wakes up and tells Shirou she doesn't mind him killing her and asks him to do it. It was a really emotional moment in the VN, and it's another thing that definitely can't be added now that they've skipped it. I was pretty miffed when Shirou just walked out of the room lol.

These three things are probably the biggest issues with the movie, my other problems are more minor. I feel it's a shame, because it could've benefited from being just 20 minutes longer, and become an actually perfect adaptation of the parts of HF it covers. Or hell, even each movie being 15, 10 minutes longer could've given them that extra time needed to include some of the things they didn't have time for here. I do feel they might have shortened some other things instead to make room for some of these, at the least, like the Shinji confrontation in school or the pole jumping narration, which could've been skimmed over with just Sakuras reaction since that's the only part that's important here that hasn't already been covered in UBW. But alas, it'll have to settle for being almost perfect instead.

By the way, some of you may recall that one joke the producer made about Ufo making HA if UBW sold 100k BDs. Unfortunately, it only sold some 75k between both seasons, but it looks like Heavens Feel may fulfill that goal instead. The first movie alone is now the best selling Fate/ anime of all time, with culminative sales of BDs and DVDs having passed
100,000 (64k BDs, 36k DVDs), beating out Fate/Zero Season 1's 56,000 Sales;

https://twitter.com/Fate_SN_Anime/status/1085834315273891840

So I think an HA anime is looking pretty likely at this point.

Also I hear Aimers "I Beg You" single topped charts in Japan, which is nice. Great song, and really fit the movie, Aimer and Kajiura both did excellent here as far as the music went.
InsertanamehereJan 18, 2019 12:34 AM
Jan 18, 2019 3:07 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
ImbalancedEmblem said:
Gonna be hard not to look at the cam ripped stuff for another month. Godammit...

Not hard for me, since they dont have subs, IMO seeing those teases I just posted, and what the other bro did post, where more than enough to let me feel at ease and just put me in a good mood while we wait for the end of the year.
Jan 18, 2019 4:15 AM

Aug 2009
They animated Impact Loli from FHA....I am done....

Also is the human silhouette left when the th shadow "eats" Shirou at the beginning a reference to Angra?
Jan 18, 2019 4:59 AM
Jul 2015
Insertanamehere said:

By the way, some of you may recall that one joke the producer made about Ufo making HA if UBW sold 100k BDs. Unfortunately, it only sold some 75k between both seasons, but it looks like Heavens Feel may fulfill that goal instead. The first movie alone is now the best selling Fate/ anime of all time, with culminative sales of BDs and DVDs having passed
100,000 (64k BDs, 36k DVDs), beating out Fate/Zero Season 1's 56,000 Sales;

https://twitter.com/Fate_SN_Anime/status/1085834315273891840

So I think an HA anime is looking pretty likely at this point.

UBW actual sales probably topped 100k for the two seasons,Oricon number usually cover 50-70% of the sales which is why Fate/zero sold 130k when the reported are 98k and HF sold 100k while the reported numbers are 70K.

HA anime thing wasn't serious and they used it as an example in a lecture but i still think they will adapt.
Jan 18, 2019 5:31 AM

Apr 2016
Well that was good, really good ... like Jesus Damn Good. I in particular for some reason liked when at the end Taiga was talking to Sakura about Kiritsugu and how he often leave for his travels outside of Japan, and how Illya overheard that conversation, i really like that, i always smile when i see Illya to know that she was loved beyond imagine.

Another scene i really enjoyed was the candy land, that was one hell of a great thing to see, and all that just in time interrupted by Gill and his great VA, that was something. Well and the finale of Sakura's realization of her being the shadow.

Jan 18, 2019 12:13 PM
Aug 2017
Insertanamehere said:
Secondly they also skipped the Lorelei scene with Illya (though that jumping onto Shirou at the start was pretty cute) which was a pretty important scene for their relationship where he considers what it would be like if they had lived together as a family, and had Kiritsugu been there with them, and then she later tells him that they can't have that since she won't live long, and neither will he.

My guess is that they'll include that scene in the third movie, when Shirou and Illya are walking back from Einzbern Forest.
Jan 18, 2019 12:41 PM

May 2015
Remirror said:
My guess is that they'll include that scene in the third movie, when Shirou and Illya are walking back from Einzbern Forest.

That actually makes a lot sense in context due to the "dying" part Illya mentions. It'd be tragic if Shirou forgot that memory when he comes back home too

Playcool said:
Not hard for me, since they dont have subs, IMO seeing those teases I just posted, and what the other bro did post, where more than enough to let me feel at ease and just put me in a good mood while we wait for the end of the year.

I wish I had the mental fortitude. I don't really care about subs since I remember the character dialogue. I think I just need to get back on my watch list, so I won't have to think about the movie...
EmblemzJan 18, 2019 12:49 PM

Jan 18, 2019 3:46 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
ImbalancedEmblem said:
Remirror said:

That actually makes a lot sense in context due to the "dying" part Illya mentions. It'd be tragic if Shirou forgot that memory when he comes back home too

Playcool said:

I wish I had the mental fortitude. I don't really care about subs since I remember the character dialogue. I think I just need to get back on my watch list, so I won't have to think about the movie...

Bro, I m far from one having alot of fortitude, after all I didnt resist seeing all those cam recorded scenes.

Watch this if you cant wait, it did help for me.
Now you know the outline again, and what to expect.
Jan 18, 2019 4:25 PM

Aug 2014
Dab1za9 said:

HA anime thing wasn't serious and they used it as an example in a lecture but i still think they will adapt.

I'm aware, hence "joke"-still, with the sales that good I think it's pretty likely now.

Remirror said:

While that would be nice i'm not too sure about that. The movie only has 2 hours of runtime after all. And that scene was needed to illustrate
Jan 18, 2019 9:56 PM

Jul 2013
Remirror said:
Insertanamehere said:

Whoa! That would be brilliant if they do that. Was originally miffed the scene was missing, but if they incorporate it into HF 3 that way, that could actually be pretty beautiful. And ofc, set up True End a little more.

Jan 19, 2019 6:27 AM

Oct 2014
BourBon-7so said:
Will the subs be out anytime soon ?

there's only camrips of the movie without subs right now, but the movie will be premiered in L.A. on Feb 23, and coming to US theaters on March 14: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1761937

if you don't live in the US, you have to wait for BDs to come out in 7 months or so from now. after BDs come out, they will be translated by fansubs and you can watch it with subs
Jan 19, 2019 7:42 AM

Feb 2018
Shayon said:
BourBon-7so said:

there's only camrips of the movie without subs right now, but the movie will be premiered in L.A. on Feb 23, and coming to US theaters on March 14: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1761937

if you don't live in the US, you have to wait for BDs to come out in 7 months or so from now. after BDs come out, they will be translated by fansubs and you can watch it with subs

Oh damn that's long , most people who saw it talked about how good it is , I'm super hyped
Jan 19, 2019 9:16 AM
Sep 2016
I keep rewatching it and damn it just keeps getting better...all these small details I overlook lol
1.1.Six
Jan 19, 2019 11:58 PM

Apr 2010
BourBon-7so said:

There's subs for the camrip now.
Jan 20, 2019 10:33 AM
Apr 2018
[Alert ⚠ ]

Archer Vs Assassin ❗❗
https://youtu.be/HQV61aCfIvo
Jan 20, 2019 11:13 AM
Apr 2018
Emiya want to kill sakura???

https://youtu.be/8AyHE0lBQmM
Jan 20, 2019 11:50 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
(Dont click on this unless you have played HF route, or know HUGE spoilers for it)
This is where HF II ends:

I m loving what they did with her appearence there.

antonn said:
BourBon-7so said:

There's subs for the camrip now.

You should change that signature of yours, that a big spoiler...
Jan 21, 2019 7:05 PM
Mar 2014
This was a great movie, much better then the first
Jan 22, 2019 1:42 AM

Mar 2013
Subs by an /a/non are out since yesterday apparently. Definitely gonna watch it with that. It'll be good enough.
Jan 22, 2019 6:50 PM
Nov 2015
It moved scenes over, glossed over things that needed more explanation and removed Die Lorelei. not impressed with Lost Butterfly, thought the first movie was better
Jan 22, 2019 6:56 PM

Nov 2011
Saber Alter was glorious, I wish she wear the dress instead of battle armor though. Maybe she will in the final battle?

Jan 22, 2019 9:17 PM

Jan 2009
that eye of medusa power that can make people turn into stone was like an overpowered ability by Rider

Saber Alter and Berserker fight was awesome and its a long sakuga battle too

Assassin vs Archer was nice too but one sided

Gilgamesh died easily to Dark Sakura there, so when Sakura is in Dark mode she is literally dreaming happy thoughts while in the real world she is killing/destroying things

Shinji finally dead too he is such a hated character

i wonder how they will defeat Dark Sakura without actually killing Sakura since Shirou cannot do it because he loves Sakura (im no visual novel reader but know the few names like Saber Alter and Dark Sakura lol)
Jan 22, 2019 11:52 PM

Oct 2016
I got a question for people who has played the VN, does the Sakura in Wonderland scene also happens there?

Also, I wish they use Another Heaven at some point in the third movie.
Jan 23, 2019 3:54 AM

Aug 2015
TheMoeHater said:
I got a question for people who has played the VN, does the Sakura in Wonderland scene also happens there?

It doesn't happen.
Jan 23, 2019 9:04 AM

Aug 2009
TheMoeHater said:

no, she does feel like she is in a dream but that is all.

But what she did in the dream in the movie actually happens in one of the "walks" she has. She goes out some thugs/rapists/molesters approach her and she kills them.
Jan 23, 2019 9:42 AM

Oct 2016
Heavens_Kairyu said:
TheMoeHater said:

It doesn't happen.

ssjokg said:
TheMoeHater said:

no, she does feel like she is in a dream but that is all.

But what she did in the dream in the movie actually happens in one of the "walks" she has. She goes out some thugs/rapists/molesters approach her and she kills them.

I see, thanks to both of you
Jan 24, 2019 11:41 AM

Mar 2016
i liked the two second reference to mind of steel, also enjoyed the hints that sakura has and treasures rin's old ribbon

loved illya's scene in the rain but ufo could've built up the illya-shirou relationship more in both movies, oh well at least they basically preserved all the important scenes and we need our flashy fight scenes to satisfy that base

and they finally included some important plot details, first that shirou has been nearly killing himself every night when he trains his magic, and second that kiritsugu had been trying to bring illya back in his remaining years alive. wish they could've shown those sooner but at least they've been animated

feel like ufo struck a good balance with the sex and mana transfer scenes, since there are both the drinking blood and fucking but the fucking is because they wanna fuck not necessarily cuz they need to fuck for mana.
Aure0linJan 24, 2019 2:11 PM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Jan 25, 2019 9:24 PM

Dec 2017
did shirou just take all his ideals that he was so stubborn about in UBW and threw them out the window? hopefully fucking not..

and no matter how much i try, i just can't feel much towards sakura

i mean, she's a good girl and all, but it almost feels like they're overdoing it with the "victim" part. like being violated by those bugs wasn't enough? you gotta make her the villain AND opposing her loved one. what a truly "tragic" story
and that's without even mentioning that rape attempt scene from shinji...

btw, what's even the point of shinji's character? is he just your default bad guy? throughout the whole series i can't find a single redeeming quality of his. just a random dude that's there as a plot tool to be hated

the berserker vs saber alter fight was nice tho, and quite long, too. other than that, this part didn't impress me too much
Jan 26, 2019 1:16 AM

Aug 2009
uninstallthegame said:
did shirou just take all his ideals that he was so stubborn about in UBW and threw them out the window? hopefully fucking not..

i mean, she's a good girl and all, but it almost feels like they're overdoing it with the "victim" part. like being violated by those bugs wasn't enough? you gotta make her the villain AND opposing her loved one. what a truly "tragic" story

btw, what's even the point of shinji's character? is he just your default bad guy? throughout the whole series i can't find a single redeeming quality of his. just a random dude that's there as a plot tool to be hated

the berserker vs saber alter fight was nice tho, and quite long, too. other than that, this part didn't impress me too much

>did shirou just take all his ideals that he was so stubborn about in UBW and threw them out the window?

He did that in UBW as well when Taiga was Caster's hostage.As far as he knows Caster was prepare do sacrifice everyone in Fuyuki.

>you gotta make her the villain AND opposing her loved one.

She isnt the villain and she isnt actually opposing Shirou.

>throughout the whole series i can't find a single redeeming quality of his.

Because FSN Shinji doesnt have one.Lore wise he is there to show how bad magi families can be because of power struggle between relatives.

Jan 26, 2019 8:12 AM

Mar 2016
uninstallthegame said:
shirou never had to deal with this specific problem in ubw. you can already see how hard he tries to avoid dealing with it in hf.

that's a very common complaint and a main reason why lots of people don't like sakura, although she's not the villain in this movie

shinji used to be rather protective of shirou and tried to get shirou to stand up for himself. you can even see this in the first movie where he's asking shirou to clean the archery dojo. that's shinji's responsibility and shirou has things to do in his life so shinji thought it would be easy to refuse but shirou accepts anyways. shinji also carries a lot of resentment for being born in a formerly great mage family yet having no talent for magic and has to watch others, even shirou cast spells. he's meant to be a shitty shitty human but he has his reasons
Aure0linJan 26, 2019 8:27 AM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Jan 26, 2019 8:47 AM

Dec 2017
ssjokg said:

>did shirou just take all his ideals that he was so stubborn about in UBW and threw them out the window?

He did that in UBW as well when Taiga was Caster's hostage.As far as he knows Caster was prepare do sacrifice everyone in Fuyuki.

eh, kind of? shirou had to sacrifice his command spells to save fuji-nee, potentially indirectly sacrificing many lives in return. and we all know that that whole thing just ended up being a stalemate in the church. while here he has the chance to directly kill the threat
ssjokg said:

>you gotta make her the villain AND opposing her loved one.

She isnt the villain and she isnt actually opposing Shirou.

what is she then? she's possessed by the shadow that consumes innocent lives every night. and yeah, she isn't opposing him, more like he is opposing her, but it's the same idea honestly. she is against her loved one
ssjokg said:

>throughout the whole series i can't find a single redeeming quality of his.

Because FSN Shinji doesnt have one.Lore wise he is there to show how bad magi families can be because of power struggle between relatives.

i see, but it's not just the power struggle, he's constantly trying to humiliate shirou and mocks him, then tries to kill him, rape rin and other shit. just one of those characters that's there to be used as an evildoer
Jan 26, 2019 9:04 AM

Aug 2009
@uninstallthegame

>while here he has the chance to directly kill the threat

The point of the UBW scene is to show if he can abandon an innocent one for the lives of others.
In HF he has the same dilemma.The difference is that Sakura is an innocent person that outside powers make her a threat while Taiga is an innocent person that doesnt affect anyone nor is affected by anything(minus the whole hostage situation).

>what is she then? she's possessed by the shadow that consumes innocent lives every night. and yeah, she isn't opposing him, more like he is opposing her, but it's the same idea honestly. she is against her loved one
ssjokg said:

Keyword.And she still isnt the one(or ones) manipulating the rest of the cast.
I cant say much about the consuming thing .If they stay true to the VN then

Shirou is still not against her, at least where we left off.Rin however....

> see, but it's not just the power struggle, he's constantly trying to humiliate shirou and mocks him, then tries to kill him, rape rin and other shit. just one of those characters that's there to be used as an evildoer

Humiliating Shirou is what seems to an onlooker.But if you notice him in part 1, he is disappointed that Shirou actually "obeys" him.They were close friends as Shirou and Taiga show us.Shinji, like Issei and Ayako, worry about Shirou's actions(not smiling, always helping others)but he went to other spectrum on how to deal with it. He wants to see Shirou refusing him and others, he wants to see him doing shit for his own good.
When Shinji comes to him house and slaps Sakura, he wasnt provoking him. He is honestly delighted that Shirou would show such raw emotion.Ofc at that point whatever humanity he had left in him is gone because of the war.

Jan 26, 2019 10:06 AM

Dec 2017
ssjokg said:

>while here he has the chance to directly kill the threat

The point of the UBW scene is to show if he can abandon an innocent one for the lives of others.
In HF he has the same dilemma.The difference is that Sakura is an innocent person that outside powers make her a threat while Taiga is an innocent person that doesnt affect anyone nor is affected by anything(minus the whole hostage situation).

oh, yeah, right. that's exactly what archer and kiritsugu were telling him, that you won't save everyone and by saving one, you're leaving out another one.
imagine how fast this whole route could've ended if he just killed her
i wonder if there's even a route like that in the vn
ssjokg said:

>what is she then? she's possessed by the shadow that consumes innocent lives every night. and yeah, she isn't opposing him, more like he is opposing her, but it's the same idea honestly. she is against her loved one
ssjokg said:

Keyword.And she still isnt the one(or ones) manipulating the rest of the cast.
I cant say much about the consuming thing .If they stay true to the VN then

Shirou is still not against her, at least where we left off.Rin however....

i see, i won't say much further either. i don't know the vn material to be claiming anything. time to wait for 3rd movie to get the answers

ssjokg said:

> see, but it's not just the power struggle, he's constantly trying to humiliate shirou and mocks him, then tries to kill him, rape rin and other shit. just one of those characters that's there to be used as an evildoer

Humiliating Shirou is what seems to an onlooker.But if you notice him in part 1, he is disappointed that Shirou actually "obeys" him.They were close friends as Shirou and Taiga show us.Shinji, like Issei and Ayako, worry about Shirou's actions(not smiling, always helping others)but he went to other spectrum on how to deal with it. He wants to see Shirou refusing him and others, he wants to see him doing shit for his own good.
When Shinji comes to him house and slaps Sakura, he wasnt provoking him. He is honestly delighted that Shirou would show such raw emotion.Ofc at that point whatever humanity he had left in him is gone because of the war.
Aure0lin said:
shinji used to be rather protective of shirou and tried to get shirou to stand up for himself. you can even see this in the first movie where he's asking shirou to clean the archery dojo. that's shinji's responsibility and shirou has things to do in his life so shinji thought it would be easy to refuse but shirou accepts anyways. shinji also carries a lot of resentment for being born in a formerly great mage family yet having no talent for magic and has to watch others, even shirou cast spells. he's meant to be a shitty shitty human but he has his reasons
oh yeah, there were moments like that. welp, at least he tried something, amirite? x)
but yeah, as ssjokg mentioned, he's beyond the point of return
Jan 26, 2019 10:23 AM

Aug 2009
>i wonder if there's even a route like that in the vn

There is.Well actually it is an alternative ending for HF but we are past that.
Ironically or perhaps fittingly this end is titled "Supehero".
https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20310/
It is pretty short.

In the movie they actually reference it with that Archer-like Shirou killing her.
There is also the option

>Shinji

The director of HF did a pretty good job with the extra stuff he did for Shinji of all characters.Unlike Fate or UBW and even HF in the VN, he actually feels like a character now.

Many VN readers were waiting for part 2to see if he will be treated like in part 1, since he wont survive for part 3, and we werent disappointed.

Ofc, seeing him get rekt is satisfying nonetheless.
Jan 26, 2019 12:57 PM

Mar 2016
uninstallthegame said:

oh, yeah, right. that's exactly what archer and kiritsugu were telling him, that you won't save everyone and by saving one, you're leaving out another one.
imagine how fast this whole route could've ended if he just killed her
i wonder if there's even a route like that in the vn
it's called "superhero" or "mind of steel" and it's framed to be one of the worst things shirou could do to himself
hf focuses on the selfish aspects of shirou and his own personal happiness
Aure0linJan 26, 2019 1:03 PM
Jan 27, 2019 2:04 PM

May 2017
Seeenpai, Senpai why... Senpai please.

Damn I was seriously annoyed by Sakura in this movie. She's undoubtedly the most tragic character in the fate universe. And I actually liked her in the first movie, but her acting in this movie just started to annoy me. I wish her affection for Shirou wouldn't have been so extreme. The perverted scenes were unnecessary. She cried so fucking much and she always needed Shirou to come and comfort her. Like someone else mentioned in this discussion, the victim role is just too much. I can't feel much for her. In Zero she was this traumatized cold little girl and now she's this victimized whiney girl that is secretly a fucking maniac and apparently the shadow thingy.

The scene where we were shown the illusions she had while eating someone was pretty weird. I just sat in the theater and wondered what I was watching.

Atleast I had more love for other characters like Illyasviel. I loved the interactions between her and Shirou. I'm happy that they talked about Kiritsugu, but I was hoping that she would reveal who he really is for her. Illya head patting Shirou was so adorable. Fujimura told telling Sakura that Kiritsugu often times went out and visited other countries. So Kiritsugu tried to get in contact with Illya all this time. Kind of sad to think that he died without ever meeting his daughter again. Illya also overheard this conversation.

Alter Saber vs Berserker was probably the sickest fight I have ever seen in my entire life. That was an absolut pleasure to watch in the theaters. I have never seen such beautiful effects animation in my life. Illya screaming Baasaka and him going all out is the best thing ever. Alter Sabers excalibur was breathtaking. I can't describe it any other way.

Archer vs Assassin and the Shadow was pretty fucking epic too. I am the bone of my sword. God damn Archer. You badass motherfucker.

The animation in general in this movie was literally perfect. Ufotable somehow always manages to step it up. Insane character acting, beautiful high frame slowmo shots, and the most beautiful effects work I have ever seen. It was also a little unsual to see background animation from ufotable. I can't remember seeing background animation in zero or ubw

Btw don't tell me they really did my guy gilgamesh like that? That would be a disappointing end for him.

And Zouken implanted a fragment of the Holy Grail into Sakura? That's why she became the shadow, the contents and the will of the grail. Correct me if I'm wrong on this. And I'm guessing at the end of the movie the grail/shadow fully consumed her.

Kind of a shame that the focus is so heavy on Sakura. It definitely diminished my enjoyment for part2. But still this movie was pretty dope. There's nothing so far from ufotable's fate series that I didn't enjoy. The fights really carried part 2 for me.

8/10
Jan 28, 2019 3:29 AM

Oct 2014
shayed__ said:
Btw don't tell me they really did my guy gilgamesh like that? That would be a disappointing end for him.

yes they did, the king of jobbers isn't returning.
Jan 28, 2019 4:07 AM

May 2017
Shayon said:
shayed__ said:

yes they did, the king of jobbers isn't returning.

fucked up shit. He's my second favorite character from fate.
Jan 28, 2019 4:12 AM

Aug 2009
@shayed__
>, but her acting in this movie just started to annoy me. I wish her affection for Shirou wouldn't have been so extreme. The perverted scenes were unnecessary. She cried so fucking much and she always needed Shirou to come and comfort her.

Shouldnt she act like that if she is being possessed by a vast amount of curses?

Also "always" is an exaggeration since that happened like twice.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anyone find Sakura Matou annoying or It just me? [Spoilers] ( 1 2 3 4 )

PrideRoyalIvy - May 21, 2019

187 by Adatius »»
Mar 15, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Why do so less people like Sakura in comparison to Saber and Tohsaka? Which do you like?

Shizokami2 - Apr 8, 2020

49 by _PEAK »»
Mar 15, 3:32 AM

» If I hear "senpai" one more time....

ColCasey - Sep 20, 2023

18 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
Sep 23, 2023 6:57 PM

» About this trilogy so far, it's kinda meh to me.

Huyen_Thanh_27 - Jun 27, 2020

18 by dk107_ »»
Sep 7, 2023 11:28 PM

» Help

Ginsoka - Aug 4, 2021

1 by TheDeadmanII »»
Aug 4, 2021 10:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.