Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 14, 2019 4:05 PM

Jun 2011
With the overall score dropping, and the most liked reviews being in the 1-3 range, is Alicization going to suffer once again to the hatebase?

At this point, why even try? Even at it's best, it can't seem to impress anyone outside its core fans it had back in Season 1. It's obvious that Sword Art Online will come down in anime history as the most hated series to have ever been conceived. May as well save face and just pull the plug on the whole project.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 14, 2019 4:36 PM
Oct 2012
Ahegyao said:
With the overall score dropping, and the most liked reviews being in the 1-3 range, is Alicization going to suffer once again to the hatebase?

At this point, why even try? Even at it's best, it can't seem to impress anyone outside its core fans it had back in Season 1. It's obvious that Sword Art Online will come down in anime history as the most hated series to have ever been conceived. May as well save face and just pull the plug on the whole project.

LOL... are you serious ?

did you actually believed that SAO is not doing good ? pull the plug on the project ? pfff

it seems you saw too many hater and their attempt to talk down Sword Art Online and you end up believing them so let me give you some hard fact :

Sword Art Online is one of the most popular and best selling Light novel of japan for a whole decade.

Since SAO got in the Top 10 most liked Light novel of the year Magazine back in 2011 until now, it never went under Rank 5 ! like ever !

Here a link for you : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kono_Light_Novel_ga_Sugoi!

and this is only the Yearly ranking magazine that rank the most liked novel.

there is a very popular monthly ranking magazine named NewType with SAO always dominating it whenever a new season is being aired.

just a picture for best ranking of this last month which was released like 15 day ago i think :

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/495729192684486697/533582612317339648/tumblr_pkys2feTy61rzp45wo2_r1_1280.jpg

out of the Top 5 Female and Top 5 Male characters ranking, SAO got 6 out of 10 ! simply dominating, and on the right side, u see the Series ranking I think, and SAO is Rank 1 !

Okaaay so all these aside about people liking SAO... lets focus on SAO Sale !

Many years since 2011 till now SAO became Rank 1 best selling novel of japan.
I can't remember the old ones, i say the newer one, in 2017, SAO got Rank 1 with sold value over a million.
far surpassing it's competitor.

in 2018 due to the fact that there was no new movie or anime until the end of 2018, SAO sale drop and overlord which had a new anime airing early 2018 got Rank 1. but SAO Light novel + SAO Progressive light novel total got around 800k only about 7k less than Overlord with 807k so it got Rank 2 overall.
but next year in 2019 u can be sure it will be rank 1 again due to the new people who buy novel after watching season 3.

from the anime side of things too, Anime and the movie were all extremely successful !

at this point it's a money printing machine. you can see how much budget this anime is getting as the movie and season 3 animation is so much more costly than Season 1 and 2.
it's becouse of SAO's huge success

ALL these aside, the amount of merchandise such as action figure and covers and mobile case and go on that sell from SAO series is huuuuge !

the SAO Franchise is so successful and huge that they are hiring more author to write spin-off of it just so they got more stuff to release ! because the original author is already writing SAO and SAO Progressive and Accel World and can't write more lol

if Miki Kazuma the Editor and CEO of the right holder of SAO Franchise want to pull the plug on SAO, the whole company will kick him out and call him an idiot lol. let alone he is actually the one who keep telling the author to write more and more ...
Jan 14, 2019 8:06 PM

Jun 2017
Ahegyao said:

Hatred towards SAO is only a thing in non Japanese countries. No one cares about what outsiders think. Who cares about scores in a website and stops a whole project? Not to mention that anything above 7 is pretty great by MAL's standards. So I don't understand why you are talking that the score is low. Spamming 1s and 2s to lower the rating is very common for SAO, and recently many other anime also have it. That is not going to change anything as fake accounts are constantly removed.
Jan 15, 2019 12:51 AM
Jan 2018
Ahegyao said:

Do you think they really they give a shit about what a majoirty group think about the series outside of japan . Highly doubt it the LN are successful and it will stay that way . Its got like 7 video games and 2 mobile games and counting. The series aren't trying to impress anyone . It's simpley for the fanbase that already exist and is still growing
Jan 15, 2019 1:29 AM
Oct 2018
hopefully it isn't because it's finally getting interesting since kirito is finally working his @ss off instead of being that one "overpowered" character. I for one would like to see where this is going.
Jan 15, 2019 2:09 AM
Oct 2012
Citrezz_OtakuAcc said:
hopefully it isn't because it's finally getting interesting since kirito is finally working his @ss off instead of being that one "overpowered" character. I for one would like to see where this is going.

tbh Kirito always worked his ass off, even more so than right now back in Aincrad, he was OP coz he grind so much in Aincrad. he was fucking level 96 when they were on floor 74 ! lol

the problem was that all those was skipped and we only see him being all powerfull but didn't see him to grind his ass off lol

btw a small reminder that Sword Art Online Start in 2001 and Alicization story start in 2005, it completely ended in 2008 ! so these are all Author's old and early works.

his new work that's SAO related is only SAO Progressive and the recently released Vol21 that was just released 7th December ~40 day ago. he even tweet and said he finally write a new main SAO story after a whole decade lol

tbh SAO Progressive is simply amazing, if it get an anime of it's own, it gonna rock. SAO Progressive is Aincrad story that was time-skipped in the original novel. Chapter 1 was already in anime ( Floor 1 boss battle ) but chapter 2 and go on is not in the anime anymore as only chapter 1 was written by the time anime got adapted.
Jan 15, 2019 2:45 AM
Nov 2015
Let see.
1. The anime didn't do good adaptation so many unnecessary skip.
2. People know how shit the actual story is just recycle same plot same rape same enemy admin and get a girl with robot body humanoid later. And yes it's shit.
3. Kirito is Kirito he never feel struggle instant op boring mc as always.
4. What make SAO good they said. Meh remember when movie out just because Asuna nipple the movie score sky rocket cheap tactic to gain attention. Same as rape plot in every season you can say the story maker is lazy as fuck for quick money.
5. What make sao good ? Asuna here Asuna there. Meh I bet this series is shit if no Asuna around.
redcobraJan 15, 2019 2:50 AM
Jan 15, 2019 5:24 AM
Jan 2018
Ahegyao said:

1.- The people that made positive [and some negative] reviews didn't time their reviews properly (10 episodes watched for 4-cour) and got removed.
2.- Entertainment isn't supposed to be good (though it would be best if it was), it's supposed to make money and be entertaining.
3.- SAO is still one of the most popular series in Japan.
4.- Even if it's the most hated anime in history, that's ok, because it entertained people.
5.- They can't just "pull the plug" on a series that's being made on a TV broadcast.

Yes, this will be the most hated anime of all time: like Twilight is the most hated Vampire-related thing, Transformers is the most hated movie adaptation of a cartoon, Death Note is the most hated movie apatation of an anime, etc. These 4 things suck, but they've already made their money back and a lot more, so you shouldn't worry about it.
We will be seeing Jesus-kun for a long time, so don't worry.
TodAboTJan 15, 2019 5:30 AM
Jan 15, 2019 6:01 AM

Nov 2016
I dunno, it has the best premise of all seasons so far and it showed potential at the beginning, but what we've gotten during the last couple of episodes seemed like the standard fare, not bad, but not great either.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 15, 2019 8:27 AM
Jan 2019
Ahegyao said:

someone post a link of this topic to me in discord for laugh and he wasn't wrong.
had to make a account in MAL just to thanks you, I had a good laugh, Thanks.

while I watch SAO i'm not really a fan but I feel bad looking like a troll just posting a thanks comment and leaving, so i give you some info on how the rating works, hope you can understand them better and have a better overall mindset over the ranking in MAL.

if Anime X is being followed by 1000 person and 10% of them are haters. then Anime X got 10 haters.

now if Anime Y got 100 million person following it and 10% of them are haters, there we go, Anime Y is the most hated anime in history with 10 million haters!

SAO is the same. SAO is extremely popular not only in Japan, but in worldwide as well.
I just went and check it myself even in MAL which is not really a good place for ranking and score. SAO is ranked 3 at popularity.

interestingly enough, the number of people who rate it a score of 1,2 or 3 are only 4.8% of all the scores, you can see it for yourself https://myanimelist.net/anime/11757/Sword_Art_Online/stats

I checked the Top Rating in MAL and there is Gintama at Rank 4, I love Gintama, but it only have 82k person rating it that's versus 1 million people rating SAO.

you can be 100% sure if there was 1 million people rating Gintama, the score would not stay at 9+ because some people who like it still might rate it 6 or 7 or 8 and it would drop to around 7~8 average. which is not higher than SAO. you should know any +7 score is considered a good score.

Neither Gintama nor SAO's score in MAL is not made by the Haters, they are a minority. The score is made by those who enjoy the show but not enough for a 10/10. and gave it a score of 6~10. the score under 5 is just around 10% of the overall.

if you feel you see more haters talking about SAO than there should be, that's because there is some very passionate hater that rate a show 1/10. but still feels like following it and hating on it every day.

Ok, that was just my 2 cents. I'm back to reddit. I don't frequent MAL so don't expect fast replies from me.
NingFanJan 15, 2019 8:32 AM
Jan 15, 2019 1:02 PM

Jun 2011
NingFan said:
Ahegyao said:

someone post a link of this topic to me in discord for laugh and he wasn't wrong.

while I watch SAO i'm not really a fan but I feel bad looking like a troll just posting a thanks comment and leaving, so i give you some info on how the rating works, hope you can understand them better and have a better overall mindset over the ranking in MAL.

if Anime X is being followed by 1000 person and 10% of them are haters. then Anime X got 10 haters.

now if Anime Y got 100 million person following it and 10% of them are haters, there we go, Anime Y is the most hated anime in history with 10 million haters!

SAO is the same. SAO is extremely popular not only in Japan, but in worldwide as well.
I just went and check it myself even in MAL which is not really a good place for ranking and score. SAO is ranked 3 at popularity.

interestingly enough, the number of people who rate it a score of 1,2 or 3 are only 4.8% of all the scores, you can see it for yourself https://myanimelist.net/anime/11757/Sword_Art_Online/stats

I checked the Top Rating in MAL and there is Gintama at Rank 4, I love Gintama, but it only have 82k person rating it that's versus 1 million people rating SAO.

you can be 100% sure if there was 1 million people rating Gintama, the score would not stay at 9+ because some people who like it still might rate it 6 or 7 or 8 and it would drop to around 7~8 average. which is not higher than SAO. you should know any +7 score is considered a good score.

Neither Gintama nor SAO's score in MAL is not made by the Haters, they are a minority. The score is made by those who enjoy the show but not enough for a 10/10. and gave it a score of 6~10. the score under 5 is just around 10% of the overall.

if you feel you see more haters talking about SAO than there should be, that's because there is some very passionate hater that rate a show 1/10. but still feels like following it and hating on it every day.

Ok, that was just my 2 cents. I'm back to reddit. I don't frequent MAL so don't expect fast replies from me.

All this yet it's not even in the Top 100 list on this website which if you even say you hated any of those, you will be pretty much be an anime pariah.
Jan 15, 2019 1:05 PM
Jan 2018
Ahegyao said:
NingFan said:

All this yet it's not even in the Top 100 list on this website which if you even say you hated any of those, you will be pretty much be an anime pariah.

Like this websites standings on a series actually matters to begin with
Jan 15, 2019 1:09 PM

Jun 2011
Mattinator95 said:
Ahegyao said:

It does when people who don't know any better will use this as a measurement if an anime is good or not.
Jan 15, 2019 1:10 PM

May 2013
Lol, why don't you stay happy with the fact that their "hate" or elitism won't stop putting money into the pockets of the author. All anime scores on this website are worth the collective wet fart of everyone you disagree with (and agree with).

An anime being good or not is upto the individual. I don't consider one piece to be a good anime but it packs a solid 8.54. Does that automatically make it good in my eyes? No. Do I care if One Piece gets a 10? No.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Jan 15, 2019 1:10 PM
Jan 2018
redcobra said:
Let see.
1. The anime didn't do good adaptation so many unnecessary skip.
2. People know how shit the actual story is just recycle same plot same rape same enemy admin and get a girl with robot body humanoid later. And yes it's shit.
3. Kirito is Kirito he never feel struggle instant op boring mc as always.
4. What make SAO good they said. Meh remember when movie out just because Asuna nipple the movie score sky rocket cheap tactic to gain attention. Same as rape plot in every season you can say the story maker is lazy as fuck for quick money.
5. What make sao good ? Asuna here Asuna there. Meh I bet this series is shit if no Asuna around.

Why do you bother to read it still it makes no sense or did you just skim the synopsis and act like you know
Jan 15, 2019 1:31 PM
Oct 2012
Ahegyao said:
Mattinator95 said:

It does when people who don't know any better will use this as a measurement if an anime is good or not.

majority of ppl who gonna watch it still gonna watch it, a minor number of ppl might come here and be put off by it.
MAL is not really that popular between the new anime fans. specially nowadays with Netflix and Hulu streaming SAO Dub with lots of popularity, the new bloods are gonna go there.

MALs is mostly for those more hardcore anime fans who care to add anime to their profile or rate anime.

if you check in reddit or other sites with weekly ranking of new anime season, u can see SAO being in the Top 10 every single week.
reddit's karma ranking and for example AnimeTrending Ranking here :
https://www.facebook.com/Anitrendz with 600k follower.

you can see their ranking depend on EP, for example SAO was Ranked 1 for week 4 and week 10 of anime, while the other weeks it was ranked between 2 to 8 mostly.
https://imgur.com/a/4MvDE6o
Jan 15, 2019 3:54 PM
Apr 2018
I agree fully with what you are saying.
Jan 15, 2019 5:02 PM
Dec 2018
The Truth is, SAO is still bad. I am just speaking from an analytical perspective in terms of plot and characters. Being popular doesn't mean it is good, School Days is somewhat popular is it a good show? SAO has good premises (and it got lot of people into watching anime probably remain "special" in many people's heart") for each season but all ended up poorly executed.
A little bit of precision for a large amount of clarity
Jan 15, 2019 5:10 PM

Jun 2011
Demarcation said:
The Truth is, SAO is still bad. I am just speaking from an analytical perspective in terms of plot and characters. Being popular doesn't mean it is good, School Days is somewhat popular is it a good show? SAO has good premises (and it got lot of people into watching anime probably remain "special" in many people's heart") for each season but all ended up poorly executed.

Yet when series of the same caliber like Boku no Hero Academia or Fate is being described from your similar "analytical perspective" then you will be treated like you came straight out of a mental institution.

Face it. Hating on SAO is the cool thing to do on the internet. It's pretty much an unironic meme.
Jan 15, 2019 5:20 PM
Dec 2018
Ahegyao said:
Demarcation said:

Yet when series of the same caliber like Boku no Hero Academia or Fate is being described from your similar "analytical perspective" then you will be treated like you came straight out of a mental institution.

Face it. Hating on SAO is the cool thing to do on the internet. It's pretty much an unironic meme.

Yes It is popular to hate SAO, I donno what others think, But I don't hate SAO because it is "cool", I simply dislike SAO because I felt it is a poorly executed anime. It really pisses me off that fans defend SAO by saying "people hate it only because others hate it" while the fact is a large number of haters really have legitimate reasons to dislike SAO.
Jan 15, 2019 6:04 PM

Jun 2011
Demarcation said:
Ahegyao said:

Yes It is popular to hate SAO, I donno what others think, But I don't hate SAO because it is "cool", I simply dislike SAO because I felt it is a poorly executed anime. It really pisses me off that fans defend SAO by saying "people hate it only because others hate it" while the fact is a large number of haters really have legitimate reasons to dislike SAO.

I'm pretty much neutral to the series, but you might as well call me a fan because I don't have an irrational hate for it. The SAO hatebase like to think of themselves as the more "mature" taste eaters, but all signs of their "intelligence" is lost when they just act like they're the 1%
Jan 15, 2019 7:33 PM
Dec 2018
Ahegyao said:
Demarcation said:

I'm pretty much neutral to the series, but you might as well call me a fan because I don't have an irrational hate for it. The SAO hatebase like to think of themselves as the more "mature" taste eaters, but all signs of their "intelligence" is lost when they just act like they're the 1%

On the other hand I find it really funny that majority of people who defend SAO throw statistics at you to prove how popular its LN is while very very few actually could provide solid analysis of how SAO is good "as an anime". I haven't read LN so can't comment on that but the point is, no matter how popular LN is doesn't change the fact that SAO's anime is a bad adaptation (assuming the LN is good). (And we are talking about SAO the animation in this post right? so funny that some early replies constantly mention how good the LN is.)
Jan 15, 2019 9:45 PM

Jun 2011
Demarcation said:
Ahegyao said:

On the other hand I find it really funny that majority of people who defend SAO throw statistics at you to prove how popular its LN is while very very few actually could provide solid analysis of how SAO is good "as an anime". I haven't read LN so can't comment on that but the point is, no matter how popular LN is doesn't change the fact that SAO's anime is a bad adaptation (assuming the LN is good). (And we are talking about SAO the animation in this post right? so funny that some early replies constantly mention how good the LN is.)

I don't know about them, but I'm referring to the series in general. The hatebase itself doesn't just stop at the anime. They also shit on the source material.
Jan 15, 2019 10:45 PM

Apr 2018
Demarcation said:
Ahegyao said:

i don't think you've actually understood the point of this thread nor did you understand the point that those first posts were trying to make .

They are trying to prove that sao is extremly loved and that the haters are a minority especially in japan where the money come from not that it is good
Which makes op's talk about how they should stop making the anime to be some mindless shit

And for the people saying that they r recycling the plot .No it never did.

Anw s1 and 2 >this season so far
Jan 15, 2019 11:46 PM
Oct 2012
Demarcation said:
Ahegyao said:

On the other hand I find it really funny that you just made this account like 1 month ago, then proceed to rate every single original SAO's 25 EP one by one a rating of 1 and then rate the 2nd season and 3rd season 1 and 2 as well :D

but that aside, I defend the light novel and the author coz just as @Ahegyao said, the haters normally hate on the whole series as a whole including the author.

plus it's a fact that no light novel based anime can ever compare to the long running anime that are created from the manga or original anime that are created specially for the anime media.

because the light novel based anime are mainly just a advertisement for the novel. they normally don't care if they are skipping detail or content coz it will just motivate the fans to buy the novels.

all these aside, SAO anime is still very popular and have great sales as you can see the ranking for anime in japan also include the SAO anime, the picture of Newtype magazine i gave above is for current anime and you see it on Rank 1.

these aside, if you wanna read on why many SAO fan defend the novel to the haters and why most of the haters ( whatever they are resonable or not ) are taken as unreasonable and wrong, read this spoiler bellow, but since this is going off-topic i put it in a spoiler :

Jan 16, 2019 5:03 AM
Dec 2018
Pedram said:
Demarcation said:

On the other hand I find it really funny that you just made this account like 1 month ago, then proceed to rate every single original SAO's 25 EP one by one a rating of 1 and then rate the 2nd season and 3rd season 1 and 2 as well :D

but that aside, I defend the light novel and the author coz just as @Ahegyao said, the haters normally hate on the whole series as a whole including the author.

plus it's a fact that no light novel based anime can ever compare to the long running anime that are created from the manga or original anime that are created specially for the anime media.

because the light novel based anime are mainly just a advertisement for the novel. they normally don't care if they are skipping detail or content coz it will just motivate the fans to buy the novels.

all these aside, SAO anime is still very popular and have great sales as you can see the ranking for anime in japan also include the SAO anime, the picture of Newtype magazine i gave above is for current anime and you see it on Rank 1.

these aside, if you wanna read on why many SAO fan defend the novel to the haters and why most of the haters ( whatever they are resonable or not ) are taken as unreasonable and wrong, read this spoiler bellow, but since this is going off-topic i put it in a spoiler :

Because I just recently know this website (I am asian so I was using other websites for anime earlier, I did not create this account just to lower SAO's rating or anything). The main reason why I had 1 for these two seasons is because I feel offended by the fact that they made every other gamer seems dumb except kirito. Also with its kinda discriminatory approach with constant rape scenes. It;s not a bad anime in terms of production quality, but I felt offended watching SAO, the main reason I give it a 1.
I don;t listen to mother's basement. But I actually found digibro's analysis on first season pretty valid mostly, you see I don't hate SAO unconditionally, if you could justify it's mistakes I would appreciate it. In fact I did enjoy the first few episodes of SAO:A until they pretty much did everything wrong with first two season again (dull cafe setting, rape scene(I really wonder why they have to have it in every season), time skip, overpowering protagonist,etc).
Besides I don't shit on LN and I know it is popular, so I assume that the source material is real good, but I still feel SAO anime is just bad. I really wanna know why so many people give first and second season 8,9 or 10, like not sarcastically want to know, just seriously wondering.
DemarcationJan 16, 2019 11:19 AM
Jan 16, 2019 6:05 AM

Nov 2016
Ahegyao said:

Seriously man let's just say for second that the MAL score for a show basically 100% dictate how well that show will do or how future members will see it even if that was the case 7/10 isn't a bad score. The lowest SAO has done here on mal if you take out filler ovas is a 7.16 for S02, both the movie and the current season have scores of 8/10, in which word is that considered bad or are you trying to argue that SAO should be amongs the FMAs and monogataris with 8.5 to 9 in that case I really don't know what to say to you. Yes if some newbies decide to get into anime today they might try to avoid SAO because of the vocal haters but that would have nothing to do with its MAL score because by MAL standards it's considered a good show. And on the other hand we can also argue that the SAO haters are actually diminishing because most people are finally realizing that some people hating on it have some good points but that most of them are trying to be cool or making money out of it if you count the youtubers. Back in 2015 all the anitubers and their mothers were making videos hating on SAO. Whereas even today these f**kers digibro and mother basement have realized that no one is going to take their bullsh*t anymore.
Jan 16, 2019 1:40 PM

Jun 2011
Demarcation said:
Pedram said:

Because I just recently know this website (I am asian so I was using other websites for anime earlier, I did not create this account just to lower SAO's rating or anything). The main reason why I had 1 for these two seasons is because I feel offended by the fact that they made every other gamer seems dumb except kirito. Also with its kinda discriminatory approach with constant rape scenes. It;s not a bad anime in terms of production quality, but I felt offended watching SAO, the main reason I give it a 1.
I don;t listen to mother's basement. But I actually found digibro's analysis on first season pretty valid mostly, you see I don't hate SAO unconditionally, if you could justify it's mistakes I would appreciate it. In fact I did enjoy the first few episodes of SAO:A until they pretty much did everything wrong with first two season again (dull cafe setting, rape scene(I really wonder why they have to have it in every season), time skip, overpowering protagonist,etc).
Besides I don't shit on LN and I know it is popular, so I assume that the source material is real good, but I still feel SAO anime is just bad. I really wanna know why so many people give first and second season 8,9 or 10, like not sarcastically want to know, just seriously wondering.

And I seriously wonder why you gave it a 1 because your reasons do not justify that low a score.

JoyBoy_316 said:
Ahegyao said:

Seriously man let's just say for second that the MAL score for a show basically 100% dictate how well that show will do or how future members will see it even if that was the case 7/10 isn't a bad score. The lowest SAO has done here on mal if you take out filler ovas is a 7.16 for S02, both the movie and the current season have scores of 8/10, in which word is that considered bad or are you trying to argue that SAO should be amongs the FMAs and monogataris with 8.5 to 9 in that case I really don't know what to say to you. Yes if some newbies decide to get into anime today they might try to avoid SAO because of the vocal haters but that would have nothing to do with its MAL score because by MAL standards it's considered a good show. And on the other hand we can also argue that the SAO haters are actually diminishing because most people are finally realizing that some people hating on it have some good points but that most of them are trying to be cool or making money out of it if you count the youtubers. Back in 2015 all the anitubers and their mothers were making videos hating on SAO. Whereas even today these f**kers digibro and mother basement have realized that no one is going to take their bullsh*t anymore.

Like I said before, there are anime on the top list that are of the same quality (Academia, Bunny Girl etc.) yet have higher genuine scores.

And anime youtubers are losing viewership for more than just their dumb opinions. Most would rather just listen to virtual youtubers like Kizuna Ai instead of some nasal voiced nerd with his deviantart superimposed on footage.
AhegyaoJan 16, 2019 1:51 PM
Jan 16, 2019 2:34 PM

Nov 2016
Ahegyao said:

JoyBoy_316 said:

Like I said before, there are anime on the top list that are of the same quality (Academia, Bunny Girl etc.) yet have higher genuine scores.

And anime youtubers are losing viewership for more than just their dumb opinions. Most would rather just listen to virtual youtubers like Kizuna Ai instead of some nasal voiced nerd with his deviantart superimposed on footage.

Yes I agree that both of these shows are really overrated but I doubt heroAca is on the same level as SAO. But I doubt if either of them will stay that high actually, bunny girl just finished airing not even a month ago most of the people who watched it were influenced by the hype surrending it. And heroAca is basically the new naruto/dragon ball it's a gateway anime with so many newbies believing it's the best thing ever of course its score would be high but it too will start to gradually go down at a much slower pace but look at where naruto is at today. And both also actually have quite some vocal haters too, I mean look at the review score drama we have had not so long ago or the crunchyroll award debacle.
When it comes to the MAL top 100 everybody is going to have different opignons you don't understand why these two are there when SAO isn't while they seems to be of the same quality to you, and I don't understand why they are there when eva, parasyte, shirobako and perfect blue aren't there when I believe they are of a much better quality
Jan 16, 2019 3:04 PM
Feb 2015
Tbh i don't care about haters. SAO was, is and will be one of my better ones animes. Want to go hate SAO because of Asuna? Because of his "overpower"? So leave anime and go read LN. You don't like LN also? SO DON'T GIVE A SHI* AND LEAVE THIS TITLE. Really, i can't understand sometimes people. You like it - you're watching, you don't - you're not watching. Jesus....
Jan 16, 2019 6:57 PM

Jul 2016
Demarcation said:
Pedram said:

wanna know why have you a shit taste. And the anime is good. And you are dumb judging it for rape being op.

Jan 16, 2019 7:45 PM
Dec 2018
chriskor022 said:
Demarcation said:

wanna know why have you a shit taste. And the anime is good. And you are dumb judging it for rape being op.

Never said I dislike SAO simply because it has rape scenes, there are numerous problems in terms of pacing, characters, etc. But let's just leave it like that, I don't like it and you like it, it's OK, I respect your preference. I wouldn't say you have shit taste like you just did. I don't want argue too much over a show I don't like.
Jan 16, 2019 7:48 PM

Jan 2009
this franchise is still so much popular, and high popularity means more potential customers
Jan 16, 2019 7:58 PM

Jul 2016
Demarcation said:
chriskor022 said:

Never said I dislike SAO simply because it has rape scenes, there are numerous problems in terms of pacing, characters, etc. But let's just leave it like that, I don't like it and you like it, it's OK, I respect your preference. I wouldn't say you have shit taste like you just did. I don't want argue too much over a show I don't like.
ok. But your post in this thread seems suspicious. Respect opinions not spread the hate.

Jan 16, 2019 10:18 PM
Sep 2016
Used to like SAO when I got into anime but over time you come to realize how bad it really is
1.1.Six
Jan 17, 2019 1:13 AM

Jun 2017
JudoJD said:
Used to like SAO when I got into anime but over time you come to realize how bad it really is

"Realised?" Congratulations! You got brainwashed!
Jan 17, 2019 6:56 AM
Sep 2016
Chrome_Falcon said:
JudoJD said:

"Brainwashed"? ... I had to refresh my browser when I read that just to be sure...
You're joking right? XD

JudoJDJan 18, 2019 11:32 AM
1.1.Six
Jan 17, 2019 4:33 PM

Feb 2013
That thread is completely bizarre. SAO Light Novels still the biggest on the market and the anime continues to be a success in Japan. Outside of it, there's many SAO fans as well in anime and LN material, much like in games and merchandise.

No one is going to stop the adaptations. Aniplex, Bandai Namco and Kadokawa are making money with it's different products and the series is very popular so of course we'll continue to see new products from it and of course, new adaptations of the Light Novels.
Jan 18, 2019 12:16 AM

Jun 2011
caio_brb said:
That thread is completely bizarre. SAO Light Novels still the biggest on the market and the anime continues to be a success in Japan. Outside of it, there's many SAO fans as well in anime and LN material, much like in games and merchandise.

No one is going to stop the adaptations. Aniplex, Bandai Namco and Kadokawa are making money with it's different products and the series is very popular so of course we'll continue to see new products from it and of course, new adaptations of the Light Novels.

But everyone "with taste" keeps shitting on it. Wouldn't the industry want to cater them instead?
Jan 18, 2019 2:50 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Demarcation said:
Ahegyao said:

This last season has been the one better executed so far.
If you have legit reasons to dislike SAO, you and all those people should just stop watching it.
In regards to SAO, I feel that people turn into really dumb and pitiful persons while seeing it.
Stop wasting time of your life in something you are not enjoying, bunch of Masochists.

Ahegyao said:
caio_brb said:

But everyone "with taste" keeps shitting on it. Wouldn't the industry want to cater them instead?

And here is what is wrong with you, to assume that.
Everyone with taste? I could to all of those users lists and rant of their preferences as easily as they could go on mine and do the same, this applies to anyone.
Learn this, aside yourself, everyone else has shit taste.
What others like doesnt matter, it is what you like that does (you probably have shit taste too, good for you).
PlaycoolJan 18, 2019 2:54 AM
Jan 18, 2019 3:07 AM

Nov 2011
It doesn't matter what the haters says, as long as the fans keep buying the novel and BDs. The series won't die. The more popular the series is, the more haters it have. It's nothing special.

I personally can't stand people who still use the same criticism toward SAO years ago now, the series have evolved further. You only make it obvious how ignorant you are.
Kaiser-chanJan 18, 2019 3:11 AM

Jan 18, 2019 3:24 AM
Mar 2018
Just ignore the haters, unless they significantly insult you out of nowhere(which I experienced once). For now, 8/10 is good based on MAL standard, but it's understandable if you find it a bit underrated.

Jan 18, 2019 3:32 AM
Mar 2018
Ahegyao said:
Demarcation said:

More like died meme. I still wonder how the haters live without ever talking about SAO, considering what the internet has become after 6 years since the first season.

Also, @Demarcation, about SAO fans, as one of them has stated before: "I would rather enjoy or at least trying to enjoy it than pointing out its flaws meaninglessly. Same go with every other anime".
Jan 18, 2019 5:16 AM
Dec 2018
Playcool said:
Demarcation said:

If you have legit reasons to dislike SAO, you and all those people should just stop watching it.
In regards to SAO, I feel that people turn into really dumb and pitiful persons while seeing it.
Stop wasting time of your life in something you are not enjoying, bunch of Masochists.

This is the type of argument that I find quite interesting, how do I know I don't like it if I don't try? As you pointed out yourself, this season has been better executed so far and I agree, I had 8 out of 10 for this season for first few episodes (tho It went downhill afterwards) so why can't I try this new season. Or are you making an argument that if the previous seasons are bad the following season is automatically bad? not necessarily true.
And as a fact i did drop the season after episode 12...So it's not like I am a masochist or anything
DemarcationJan 18, 2019 5:35 AM
Jan 18, 2019 11:34 AM
Sep 2016
Chrome_Falcon said:
JudoJD said:

Again....lol I can't belive someone actually typed that I had to come back and check

"Brainwashed"

See, I can't believe I was part of a fanbase this stupid ohmigod what...SAO fans are on another level of special XD
1.1.Six
Jan 18, 2019 12:25 PM

Feb 2013
Ahegyao said:
caio_brb said:

The industry cares about money, not what people like or not. If there's people paying for SAO which there's many and many in Japan and outside, they'll continue.
Jan 18, 2019 3:35 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Demarcation said:
Playcool said:

This is the type of argument that I find quite interesting, how do I know I don't like it if I don't try? As you pointed out yourself, this season has been better executed so far and I agree, I had 8 out of 10 for this season for first few episodes (tho It went downhill afterwards) so why can't I try this new season. Or are you making an argument that if the previous seasons are bad the following season is automatically bad? not necessarily true.
And as a fact i did drop the season after episode 12...So it's not like I am a masochist or anything

My point is that people keep trying it over and over, IF you didnt like S1, does that mean you finished it till the end, then forced yourself doing the same with S2, and now you are forcing yourself again with S3? Sooner or later people would realize the core of the series right, the core doesnt change, if you dont dig what the series is about, you will probably never like it at all, so just drop it already.

I have only seen till ep11, so I dunno the reasons some people are saying it is getting worst again. from what I saw, I liked it, and the best is yet to come.
Since you have watched this far, you could try to watch a little more, since like I said, the best parts are yet to come.
My reccomendation is stop caring about this for now, let more episodes come up, then watch them together.
Waiting for each new episode week after week never worked out for me, binging it a bit fares better for me in terms of enjoyment.
Jan 18, 2019 3:55 PM

Dec 2016
Lmao @ the creators having to "save face." SAO is one of the most popular anime/LN series out there, and an anti-SAO circlejerk among Westerners isn't going to have any affect on that. They would have never even gave Alicization the green light if SAO was really as unpopular as you think.

What's the difference?
Jan 18, 2019 8:24 PM

Jun 2017
JudoJD said:
Chrome_Falcon said:

Again....lol I can't belive someone actually typed that I had to come back and check

"Brainwashed"

See, I can't believe I was part of a fanbase this stupid ohmigod what...SAO fans are on another level of special XD

I think I made myself clear. If you enjoyed it when you watched it for the first time, that means the anime did perfectly what it intended to do - Entertainment. The purpose of SAO is to provide entertainment, not to explain the meaning of existence or to dissect the characters and to see what would happen. So it should be seen that way while watching it. I have nothing against people who couldn't enjoy SAO when they watch it for the first time. But you clearly liked it on your first watch, and then changed your opinion based on others statements about "how bad SAO is"
Jan 19, 2019 3:13 AM
Sep 2016
Chrome_Falcon said:
JudoJD said:

"Brainwashed"

I think I made myself clear. If you enjoyed it when you watched it for the first time, that means the anime did perfectly what it intended to do - Entertainment. The purpose of SAO is to provide entertainment, not to explain the meaning of existence or to dissect the characters and to see what would happen. So it should be seen that way while watching it. I have nothing against people who couldn't enjoy SAO when they watch it for the first time. But you clearly liked it on your first watch, and then changed your opinion based on others statements about "how bad SAO is"

Oh you definitely made how much of an idiot you are very clear. "Brainwashed" XD. Not an insult. Just an observation. I love SAO fans XD

You're entire paragraph is you saying " I don't understand the concept of people learning, gaining perspectives and changing opinions over time. How on earth could someone stop liking something?"

I'll say it again. I realised how bad SAO was (is...so bad) just the same way I realised how good other things I didn't initially think were are. You won't understand this now but you will some day don't worry. Don't hurt your brain over it

"others" lol ... I am the "others". Sorry if the taste of garbage disgusts me now and sorry it's too hard for you to understand how that would be possible. God forbid you now see a story you were told as a kid is hella stupid now... That's called brainwashing lol
I'm really sorry I can see SAO's horrible writing and it no longer entertains me. Really sorry for the brain freeze I just gave you there.
Sword art online fans oh my my... A wonderful bunch indeed.
"Brainwashed" XD XD
JudoJDJan 19, 2019 3:37 AM
1.1.Six
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.