Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 14, 2019 4:58 AM
Jan 2019
Hey I just wanted to ask for some good/emotional amv recommendation.

Something like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29VGcNS2hF4 I found this a few days ago and i cant stop watching it. I hope you can help me.
Jan 14, 2019 10:10 AM

Feb 2018
I've wanted to make an AMV for Anal Cunt's "I Sold Your Dog to a Chinese Restaurant" set to various anime clips of dogs and other animals being crushed, vaporized or eviscerated. I just can't be bothered.
Jan 14, 2019 11:04 AM

Jun 2014
casual_filth said:
I've wanted to make an AMV for Anal Cunt's "I Sold Your Dog to a Chinese Restaurant" set to various anime clips of dogs and other animals being crushed, vaporized or eviscerated. I just can't be bothered.

Snap
Yep, this one's going into my cringe compilation AMV

Jan 14, 2019 11:24 AM

Feb 2011
AMV's are the epitome of the editor's perception of said anime/s; Good AMV's transmit so much feeling. Back when I used to watch anime on the regular I collected them. I still have the folder. Lemme see if I can find something on your direction.
Quick edit with the best AMV in my opinion.
This was back when people usually slapped a song over a couple of scenes. To this day it's still a reference so warning, it might screw up your expectations for future AMV's.
ZaBiciJan 14, 2019 5:23 PM
Closer.
Jan 14, 2019 11:26 AM

Aug 2009
AMV Hell covers a wide emotional range.

Jan 14, 2019 12:59 PM

Jan 2018
AMVs are getting serious trouble because of the couple right issues and copyright takedown of these videos. AMVs won't fate away, but there might going to be an renaissance in the near future somehow.

Also, some are trying to use Japanese music for AMVs, and the Japan's very strict copyright laws and RIAJ are attempting to take down all of the music through posted by an illegal uploaders who upload songs too. I wonder how long is Japan's government going to relax their copyright laws, their copyright rules are so strict when it comes to put their songs private and not wanting to show their J-Music to all the audience.
Jan 14, 2019 1:00 PM
Jan 2019
ZaBici said:
AMV's are the epitome of the editor's perception of said anime/s; Good anime transmit so much feeling. Back when I used to watch anime on the regular I collected them. I still have the folder. Lemme see if I can find something on your direction.
Quick edit with the best AMV in my opinion.
This was back when people usually slapped a song over a couple of scenes. To this day it's still a reference so warning, it might screw up your expectations for future AMV's.

wow. This is just amazing, im kinda speechless and sad how unapprecited this piece of Art is. Do you have more like. Just imagining the work behind it, is incredible.

Edit: The efford put in reminded me of Steel Fenders
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqtT7egii3Y
Jan 14, 2019 1:13 PM
Jan 2019
hotsushikun said:
AMVs are getting serious trouble because of the couple right issues and copyright takedown of these videos. AMVs won't fate away, but there might going to be an renaissance in the near future somehow.

Also, some are trying to use Japanese music for AMVs, and the Japan's very strict copyright laws and RIAJ are attempting to take down all of the music through posted by an illegal uploaders who upload songs too. I wonder how long is Japan's government going to relax their copyright laws, their copyright rules are so strict when it comes to put their songs private and not wanting to show their J-Music to all the audience.

Yeah the point u mentioned is just in addition to the signs that AMVs are dying, recently I discovered that really amazing AMVs, are not really appreciated. I mean the number of clicks some unbelivable ediited AMVs have is kinda sad, for me at least.
Jan 14, 2019 1:52 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
As someone who used to make AMV and still does at times. It's very very time consuming and though I think getting the software and all the effects to make your AMVs polished is more readily available, it can take months to make one AMV that is 3 minutes in time and that's depending on how much you're doing. Lots of cutting out, making your effects from scratch, have to get raw videos and sometimes you have to convert those over to work in your Sony Vegas. Fucking time sink.

And of course the Copyright. Youtube just sucks that way. That's why Instagram and Twitter are somewhat better alternatives even if the videos are significantly shorter which is why MEP became so much more prominent after the 2010's. Why work on a 3 minute piece yourself when you can collaborate a 10-20 piece yourself to a bigger whole. The appeal is there.

Jan 14, 2019 1:54 PM

Jan 2018
TheDentistofNY said:
hotsushikun said:

Yeah the point u mentioned is just in addition to the signs that AMVs are dying, recently I discovered that really amazing AMVs, are not really appreciated. I mean the number of clicks some unbelivable ediited AMVs have is kinda sad, for me at least.

I do knew that seriously, when the Japanese copyright laws and Japanese records labels give us a change to use their songs for AMVs? It means in shrouded in mystery.
Jan 14, 2019 2:02 PM

Apr 2017

A better MMV is hard to find.
Jan 14, 2019 4:03 PM

Feb 2011
TheDentistofNY said:

Do you have more

You activated my trap card XD. I'll include different genres as well for everyone else but I will underline what I think would fit your initial req. And I will bold what I believe to be top tier irregardless of preference. For ease, search the underlines, I listed them roughly in the order I had them in my folder so, they're not all on top.

This is my choice for you, hope you like it.
Darthice - Time Note

Starting off with what is I believe a good representative for the height of the AMV craze 2012-2014 ~, a very well polished amv, clean and purposeful effects. It was the standard for very good AMV's.
Disasterpiece by IC Inferno - genre action Hellsing, Blood C, etc. It wasn't on yt, so the link is to amv russia

A story made out of multiple AMV's, main one is Cowboy Bebop, very good editing. Evil Spider - Revenge

Going on a hunch here and hoping you like Trance. A very well edited piece. It's like watching a light show.
Prognosis by RDC

Again, almost flawless editing - Leberate - Shades Of

Onto more great action pieces - Smit - Demigods

Best OP AMV period. My title would be "The show must go on" eh @Luffy_chin_sama mate? ^^
Nothing to Lose by Shinedown

This is, in my opinion, a VERY good translation of the coldness of german language.
Retaliation by Fynjy

One of the best Bleach AMV's if not THE best. Drama i guess ~ Alt_z3 - Emptiness

More trance. If you liked the other one, give it a try. Very disconnect and feel good, by Nostromo.

This one is definitely not for you :)) - Cute girls (no, not ecchi, that's lower)

For the appreciants of the good life - Action; Random road trip - MEP

A bit of a wildcard really, it's one of those overused songs, but if you, reader, somehow still enjoy this song, you might enjoy the AMV, which, make no mistake is of great quality
Memoirs 00 by Tartine

Samurai Champloo, overused effects but very well synced and if you have an affinity to the anime, it's worth watching
Echotrooper - Artistic.Anarchy

To this day I haven't found a good rendition of this song, but this comes close to the feel I would like to see. This guy was a madman anyway to take on such a song.
BNJ - Headstone

Onto one of my favorites. This one I feel is an evolved from of audio-video merge.
The Trance Condition by Padre

Portishead anyone? Abusive fathers? Unrequited love with an absolute asshole? Say no more.
Сruel World by Nightslayer

Something funny? Darkwing Duck to the rescue!

Do you like beats syncing to the queue? Have some more mindless fun.
Reddish by Nicotine

Again considering the first, this might be something you enjoy - it focuses on Romance though
Retrospective prediction - Cingiz

Again, same thing FLCL anime
FLCL - the scientist by Steakslim

Talking about effort put in, I think this one takes the cake even though it's not the best in term of fluidity and what not, but the story makes up for it. If you watched OP ofc.
MindInChaos - He Even Smiled At Death

Just a bit of awesomness.
Vessels by Gorz

And, for the ecchi fans, I haven't forgotten you.

HYOUKA - COCKaine by Centurione

For the ecchi, blood and Marilyn manson fans
Vidok - Sexy

Rosario+Vampire - Out of Control - Kain-x-spirits

Special mentions that I don't think make the cut necessarily but I love them anyway.

Not an AMV but that's the only reason why it's not up there.
Entering The Stronghold | Audio Visual Animation HD!

Pfew, best 2hours I've spent on a forum in a while. I'll save the text and spam you fuckers on any amv thread from now on. Yeehaaa!

LE. A good channel for amv's is "bestamvsofalltime" on yt. Then you should start by looking into AKROSS winners, those are always top tier, but I don't have them all since they're not all my taste. Finally there's a huge gallery of amv's on https://www.animemusicvideos.org which has 70% of amvs ever produced.

Also shameless plug of my first attempt at an amv a while ago, that I never finished but that I am quite proud of
ZaBiciJan 14, 2019 4:21 PM
Closer.
Jan 14, 2019 4:36 PM

Aug 2009
hotsushikun said:
Also, some are trying to use Japanese music for AMVs, and the Japan's very strict copyright laws and RIAJ are attempting to take down all of the music through posted by an illegal uploaders who upload songs too.

All the more reason for why I'd never try to mix a show with Japanese music, as if Sony, Universal and Warner don't raise enough concerns.

That, and mixing the two just seems like the most redundant thing ever; not as bad as the 2000's with everything being mixed with Linkin Park, Nickleback and Creed, using Windows Movie Maker, or the early 2010's with brostep. But more people teaching themselves how to use Premiere and a little bit of After Effects doesn't make the current editing trends any less generic.

R.I.P. lip syncing.

Jan 14, 2019 4:56 PM

Apr 2017
thank god they are
Jan 14, 2019 6:28 PM

Feb 2018
All this talk of copyrights. What ever happened to getting all your AMV's through Kazaa Lite?
Jan 19, 2019 7:34 PM

Aug 2018
Maybe these:

Jan 22, 2019 9:01 PM

Nov 2017
They're not dying. AMV is still a used term, but it's not as frequently utilized as it used to be. Most just title their videos according to lyrics of the song. Te structure of it has evolved over time too. Most editors nowadays stick to one show and go for a more aesthetic presentation. MEPS (multi editor projects) are bigger than ever.

On that note, I think my fave anime edit is this one, though huge spoiler warnings for Zankyou no Terror.

Jan 22, 2019 10:42 PM

Jul 2012
Youtube has basically made it impossible to upload AMVs because the videos always get striked. I made an AMV just recently and within 10 minutes it got taken down. There are a lot of AMVs I would like to make all set to original animation I create myself, however there is no point in putting in all of that work when Youtube is just going to strike them.

Speaking of which, this is probably my favorite AMV. It does not have a lot of views but I think the creator did a very good job.

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7554 by 0arche »»
4 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Yesterday

5 by Zayvex »»
7 hours ago

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - Apr 17

17 by GoddessLove »»
8 hours ago

» AI generated OP/ED themes from imaginary anime that I came up with. (Over 20 songs and counting!)

FFandMMfan - Yesterday

2 by FFandMMfan »»
12 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3379 by SilentAssassin88 »»
Today, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.