Forum Settings
Forums

Will there be a perfect anime that has everything and you don't need to watch anime again?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 14, 2019 1:24 AM

May 2015
Already exists, it's called Cory in the House lol

...Nothing is perfect mate. And if that perfect anime appears, I wish I don't get to watch it. I don't want to stop watching anime.
Jan 14, 2019 1:27 AM

Mar 2017
not a specific show, but hentais have already made me feel like not watching anime anymore
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Jan 14, 2019 1:28 AM

Oct 2018
Have to say I doubt it. I mean, there might be a perfect anime, that has everything, but we'll go on to watch anime again ofc.
Jan 14, 2019 2:11 AM

Apr 2012
That's impossible. Different great things need to be in completely different types of story. I mean, just try imagining an anime which does all the great things done by just Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Now and Then, Here and There, for example.
Jan 14, 2019 2:16 AM

Dec 2014
No. Why would I come across a medium with such good storytelling and then cut myself off before experiencing as much of it as I can before I die?
Jan 14, 2019 6:10 AM

Oct 2017
anime is subjective to every person more than any other medium. The Niche quality of diversity in anime is its downfall all will have problems no matter what.
Jan 14, 2019 6:24 AM

Jan 2019
*cough* monogatari series *cough*
Jan 14, 2019 6:30 AM

Apr 2017
no.
fuckitmalwhy30characters?ImeanifIwanttowrite"no"whyshouldyoustopme?
Jan 14, 2019 7:35 AM

Aug 2009
Honestly I think that seasons 2 and 3 of Ikkitousen kinda fulfill that qualification.

IpreferEcchi said:
LiedElfen said:
Elfen Lied is the greatest anime of all time for me and if it were many seasons maybe i wouldn't watch anything more.

I haven't seen it, but I know it has incest. I need more incest.

Eh... *waves hand in uncertainty* I mean, yeah it's there, but... let's just say that Elfen Lied is a much of a harem as Evangelion is a comedy.

Jan 14, 2019 8:49 AM
Apr 2016
Usually good shows do the opposite, make you all depressed after finishing that you start watching anime nonstop, to find that obscure but good feeling again...
Jan 14, 2019 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
False premise. Being perfect does not imply that it “contains everything”.

Perfection comes in many flavors.
Jan 14, 2019 9:33 AM

Apr 2018
Nothing is perfect, and the term perfect is subjective. My form of perfect might not be the same as yours.

I probably won't stop watching anime, what's gonna happen is the opposite. I will try and find another show to fill that gap of "perfect" anime.
Wake me up for another crusade
Jan 14, 2019 9:36 AM

Apr 2015
That's a stupid question. Why would I stop doing "thing" if I found very good "thing"?
Jan 14, 2019 9:39 AM

Feb 2018
IpreferEcchi said:
xShinigami3125 said:
I have yet to give a single 10/10 to an anime, so I doubt it ll happen.

What does 10/10 content look like for you?

It would be a show that I enjoy in its entirety, without me disliking anything major while watching it.
The only 10/10 I have given on this site was for the opm manga, because I enjoy every single chapter, even when reading it for the 10th time.
Jan 14, 2019 10:46 AM

Mar 2015
Well, I'd certainly be impressed if I ever watched an anime that has everything and does everything perfectly as well, filling me with all the satisfaction I could possibly ever get from anime, thus erasing the need to ever watch anime again.
Jan 14, 2019 10:53 AM

Jul 2015
everyone is forgetting that shoujo ramune does exist
but its not like i will stop

Well...
Jan 14, 2019 11:02 AM

Nov 2013
as everyone said, Hunter x Hunter (2011), you don't need to watch any anime again,
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Jan 14, 2019 1:01 PM

Nov 2017
It was called Ghost in the Shell SAC, or Trigun, or Cowboy Bebop, or Evangelion, or KOR etc etc etc. Unfortunately, budgets have fallen off since then so we don't see the wide ranging spectacles we used to. The last 20 years have seen a lot of ups and downs for anime. However, the greatness of the legends keeps us going.

Studios don't produce spectacles anymore because they take a lot of time, cost a lot of money, and anime has a defined global audience now. So there usually aren't 20+ ep spectacles anymore.

Instead we get 12 episode phenoms which are okay. Basically what used to be done for an entire year is now because of budgets and accepting projects into the future, done over the span of 3-4 years. For instance, Attack on Titan, OPM, Mob Psycho.

Who knows, when AOT is finally finished, we might regard it as one of the greatest animes. In a lot of ways, anime today is now financed like OVAs were back in the day. There are a lot of good OVAs, but are there really great OVAs that were finished over the span of years like Bubblegum Crisis?

Or for instance Hellsing Ultimate (which you can either regard as great or not, I don't care).

There's something to be said for consistency in story, message, timing and age. That's the complaint I always had about Bubblegum Crisis, is that the story from 1987 changed so much by the early nineties, that we had lost a lot of the threads that kept the show together.

Single cour focused production has reduced the ability to produce perfect animes.

Or we've revolved back to the late 80's/early 90's again and we're seeing studios pertain to single cours out of the artistic and financial freedom that it gives.

A lot of these single cours are a lot like OVAs of old, they allow the most freedom and stability versus the behemoths of ancient times.
Jan 14, 2019 1:03 PM

Dec 2008
Lets say you have watched the greatest and most perfect anime ever. Then what? you rewatch it over and over again forever?
We keep watching anime cause we are always looking for the next amazing thing.

Jan 14, 2019 1:06 PM

Nov 2017
gudakocrossover said:
*cough* monogatari series *cough*

I would agree with you except the basic story line is a harem. Monogatari is a future-Tenchi Muyo with more intricate plotting, long ranting diatribes about modern teenage life, colors, expensive animation, poses, fan service and lolis.

However, I'll personally never turn down a harem, even if I know they're a bit naff.
Jan 14, 2019 1:08 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
that already exists.. yet im still watching anime
Jan 14, 2019 1:23 PM
Feb 2014
No, that's completely impossible, there is no such a thing as a perfect anime for everyone, since everyone has different tastes and preferances.

For example; people rave about Madoka as if it was the best thing since sliced bread but i hated it, everyone seems to be crazy for Gintama but i dropped it after 2 episodes because i hated the humour etc.

Another example; some people hate mecha, others sports so if that "perfect" anime falls into one of those genres i doubt those people would consider it perfect.

That's because everyone does not like or want the same things from an anime, sometimes an anime is instantly appalling because of the artwork like Ping Pong, so those who like pretty art won't watch or think highly of it, so again, it's all subjective and there isn't and never will be a perfect anime that pleases everyone.
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Jan 14, 2019 1:45 PM

Aug 2015
Even if it does/will exist, I won't watch it - I don't want to spoil the fun of watching other anime
Jan 14, 2019 2:09 PM

Nov 2016
There's the One Piece manga but unless they're going to bring out a proper adaptation one day, I'm forced to watch the other crap as well ;(

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 14, 2019 5:20 PM

Sep 2018
Not really. A lot of things I like in an anime all in one wouldn’t be good in my opinion since some contrast with each other badly. Also “Perfect” is subjective.
Jan 14, 2019 5:27 PM

Feb 2015
Always, FMAB. I look at clips at least once a month. Even though, it's been years since I watched it. I don't think there is something called a perfect anime. But FMAB is one of the closest you can get.
Insert Text Here
Jan 14, 2019 7:46 PM

Dec 2018
I hope not...if I won't watch anime ever again cause of this masterpiece then I'll give it a hard pass

"O kawaii koto"
( ´• แด— •` )

I wish i could love myself~

Jan 14, 2019 8:01 PM

Aug 2016
No because they won't see a reason to adapt what I would want and they won't have significant funding to properly animate it.

They can be close to "perfection" such that I can give it a 10 though.

Even if there is a perfect anime, that won't stop me from watching other things in hope I find something better.
Jan 14, 2019 8:09 PM

Nov 2013
Even though there are anime I would consider close to perfect, they just make me want to watch anime more in hopes that I find other stuff just as good.
Jan 14, 2019 8:40 PM

Jun 2016
yep, for me Texhnolyze/Ashita no Joe/Monster I could watch over and over.

angry,disgruntled, man-child main character with Oedipus complex and is a juvenile delinquent who is fed up with adult's voyeurism(Joe, Ichise, Johan).

Main character searches for love/meaning of life in opposition to a plethora of other characters who try to use them for their own selfish desires but also partially fulfilling a role as a surrogate guardian/parent figure. Both patriarch characters (Onishii, Tange Denpei, Franz Bonaparta) and matriarch (Eriko, Yoko, Viera). Ultimately complex inter-dependencies form that can be seen as examination of stockholm syndrome tragically arising from good intentions. Splitting hairs between giving partial love and fulfilling ambition that leads to a dead end.

Main character has alter ego who deals with similar situation but also different, explore phenomena of unity and diversity (Shinji, Rikishii, Tenma).

Main character finds solace in younger child-like characters (Ran, Slum Kids, Orphaned Kids). Main character has to learn to forgive certain people in their lives and reconcile with their circumstances.

Joe and Ichise are more alike, Johan is more of an outlier, but still, any story that takes these archetypes to even more depth, I would love to experience. I dont know if they exist in literature, but Im surprised I've found them first in anime. Neon Genesis has similar characters from what I've seen too.
metem_psychosisJan 14, 2019 9:00 PM
Jan 14, 2019 8:48 PM

Sep 2016
everything has their own taste to what their "Perfect" anime is but nothing is perfect ;p
Jan 14, 2019 9:14 PM

Apr 2016
There isn't and will never be a perfect anime..
there are good anime but not perfect.

Jan 14, 2019 9:36 PM

Mar 2017
Nope. Art doesn't work that way. It'd be a bit like eating a sandwich so massive you'd never be hungry again.

Even when a story is so good it makes you want to rewatch it, repeatedly, eventually the things that made it interesting lose their novelty. Furthermore, every truly great anime appeals in a slightly different way, and the only way to experience all those wonderful thoughts and feelings it to keep watching different anime.

EDIT: Isolating the first half of the question for a bit...

It depends on what you mean by perfect. If I believe an anime has no flaws that detract from its enjoyment, then for me, that is a perfect anime. Thing is, in art, flaws are debatable. I can look at the same series, or even the same scene as another person and point out what I believe are flaws only for them to express that what I perceive as flaws are either not there or don't matter.
InkSpiderJan 14, 2019 9:40 PM
"Bang." -Spike Spiegal

"Everything... is connected." -Lain Iwakura

"Life is too short to watch bad anime. Long Live the 1st Episode Drop." -InkSpider

"Anime fans make me embarrassed to be an anime fan." -InkSpider
Jan 14, 2019 9:50 PM

Jul 2012
If Bloodborne ever became an anime.
Jan 14, 2019 9:56 PM

Dec 2015
Everything? No. Everything I "need" or like ? No.

Everything sufficient to be well-rounded, have the taste of perfection and make any research for "something more" feel pointless? It already exists since 1995. Luckily enough, I watched it only ~7 years later.
Jan 14, 2019 11:50 PM

Sep 2011
Nah, surely not gonna happen. Aside from "nothing is perfect" phrase, human creatures are greedy too. Once they watched something really good, they'd ask for more.

Jan 15, 2019 12:27 AM
Jan 2019
Maybe if my favorite anime got no ending '-'
Jan 15, 2019 1:46 AM

Dec 2018
Sakura Trick omg that anime is perfect , That s my heaven and paradise love that anime , gau gau
Jan 15, 2019 7:31 AM

Jan 2016
No, I consider Neon Genesis Evangelion & Urusei Yatsura near-perfect, but I will never stop watching anime because every artist can bring a different perspective & energy to the table.
โ–พ Check Out My Original Series โ–พ

โ–พ Check Out My Blog โ–พ
Jan 15, 2019 7:57 AM

Apr 2018
Nah, I'm insatiable like most of the anime fanbase, nothing can ever satisfy me that much.

Jan 15, 2019 8:11 AM

May 2018
I will make my own anime and of course it will be the best and perfect . XD

So,I think there will be a perfect anime for me at least

"๐™น๐šž๐šœ๐š ๐š•๐š’๐š”๐šŽ ๐šŠ ๐š‹๐š˜๐šก ๐š˜๐š ๐™ฒ๐š‘๐š˜๐šŒ๐š˜๐š•๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ๐šœ"
Signature by -Tony-

Jan 15, 2019 4:27 PM
Jan 15, 2019 6:41 PM

Aug 2015
God is not real, therefore nothing is perfect. #realtalk
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way
Jan 15, 2019 7:10 PM
otp haver ๐Ÿคช

Jul 2017
I've always been one to fall so hard for something but end up getting bored if I don't take a break from it. So I could theoretically be addicted to one series for a while but it'd never last.
Jan 15, 2019 7:26 PM

Nov 2017
I still watch anime even though I've already watched what I consider to be the GOAT of the medium
Jan 15, 2019 8:32 PM
Feb 2018
Well I don't think a flawless anime that has everything could exist but even if it did I wouldn't stop watching anime.
Jan 24, 2019 2:26 AM

May 2016
All my scores are shit, so yeah.No matter how much HXH or FMAB are i can say they are both below 7 imo.
Jan 24, 2019 9:22 AM

Jul 2007
No. Anime is like a drug. Even if i watch a 10/10 I will constantly still be seeking greater thrills.
โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
โ˜†โ˜†โ˜†

Jan 24, 2019 9:37 AM
Jul 2018
When I finish watching great anime, it leaves me craving more not less.
Jan 24, 2019 9:46 AM

Nov 2017
No, since once I finish it I'm going to want to watch something else and if its a really long running anime there will be points where I'll likely still watch other anime depending on my current mood and for a change of pace.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9051 by appledude1221 »»
9 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

21 by Super-Sugoi »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

36 by piroriparopirira »»
25 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

65 by Sorachin »»
34 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Apr 15

32 by Soverign »»
34 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.