Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion

Jan 25, 2019 3:59 AM

yooo this is good. might have to start reading the manga once this ends
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)

Jan 25, 2019 1:43 PM

WOW, the op is so catchy, i can't stop listen it <3

Jan 27, 2019 9:08 PM

This was amazing and hilarious. I wonder who will win in the end.

Jan 28, 2019 1:02 PM

This is so over the top but without taking anything seriously, I love it.
Humour is great, there are dozens of visual ideas and voice actors ARE GIVING SO MUCH OF THEMSELVES MY GOD.
I did not expected 25 minutes to feel this short honestly, I'll gladly watch the rest of it.

Chika best girl, no debate.
Modified by James-LastOmnic, Feb 26, 2019 4:40 AM

Jan 30, 2019 6:53 PM

haha here I thought this show will be darker based from manga cover but turned out to be something around masume-revenge and takagi the show but superior than those all the way. Premise still didn't sold me yet but hoping eventually the characters will gradually interest me. Thankfully direction and the animation so far have been outstanding that makes this worth watching alone.

Jan 31, 2019 12:59 AM
This first episode was perfectly ridiculous. I hope the rest of the series keeps us on our toes with the same absurdly hilarious twists and turns. :D

Jan 31, 2019 5:08 PM

• Shokugeki no Fujiwara ~

no amount of sleep in the world could cure the tiredness I feel

Feb 1, 2019 1:40 AM
StrickenDeal said:
This first episode was perfectly ridiculous. I hope the rest of the series keeps us on our toes with the same absurdly hilarious twists and turns. :D

It will be WAY better than now. Trust me on this.

Feb 3, 2019 6:46 PM

Jesus christ this is try harding so hard to be funny, 3rd part was kind of funny i guess.
i might be getting too old for this shit.

Feb 4, 2019 10:58 PM

Kaguya's adorable omggggg <3

The narration reminds me of Hayate no Gotoku hehe C: nostalgia :')

Feb 7, 2019 6:58 PM

The jealousy scenes were so funny. ALSO RELATABLE. I'm glad I picked this up

Feb 11, 2019 9:32 AM

It's certainly got good animation but I've never been interested in purely romantic plotlines. Mostly just watching it to see why it's so popular. Feels like the problem is just the same recycled thing over and over so far (I'll make you confess, no one confesses, Chika does something)

Feb 11, 2019 2:36 PM
Well, I think this first episode was OK.
They started with a introduction telling love is war, and there is a loser and a winner. You can see some mental battles where they look forward to each other confess their love. I found it funny and soft, but not that interesting at all. I'm gonna watch the next eps of course.
Also, Bento girl >>>> kaguya

Feb 14, 2019 4:15 PM

As always, Nadeshiko seiyuu the side-character is the best girl. But so far I like it, I really wonder how this turns out..

Feb 14, 2019 9:19 PM
nightcrawlercyp said:
Sakuzelda said:

They're stupid, prideful and inmature. Really hated the main characters. It was exactly that what I found dissapointing in this anime. They sold it as a very clever war of love, but I get two stupid teenagers with superiority complext that are not even funny.

I still get why people like this (I'm still not really into it), but the hype is way too much. They even call it the rom com of rhe DECADE... wth.
the thrid chick is way smarter than them and more cute than the brunette
Totally agree! She´s a great character. Unfortunately for me it is not worth wasting more than 20 minutes watching episodes I dislike just for one cute girl.

Feb 14, 2019 9:22 PM
marmondesu said:
Sakuzelda said:

They're stupid, prideful and inmature. Really hated the main characters. It was exactly that what I found dissapointing in this anime. They sold it as a very clever war of love, but I get two stupid teenagers with superiority complext that are not even funny.

I still get why people like this (I'm still not really into it), but the hype is way too much. They even call it the rom com of rhe DECADE... wth.

I dont know what you expect, its tagged as comedy, of course some of the characters would be dumb for comedic purpose, try to mention some of comedy anime you actually liked.
and the hype just mean there are many people excited about the show, is there any problem with that?
No, they don´t have to be dumb. One thing is dumb scenarios or that sometimes a character plays or seems dumb for comedic purposes. But saying a character is very smart and then have it do only stupid things does not make sense. Also, Kaguya is a mary sue but ugly and that ruins it for me.

I have no problem with people being hyped for the show. I still think the show is way too overrated for its value and is definitely not the "best romcom ever".

Feb 14, 2019 9:47 PM
Thai777 said:
Sakuzelda said:
Hated it. For the first 8 minutes I was hooked like everyone else, but the rest of the episode was incredibly boring. Too much narrator and innecessary camera movement. The characters are annoying, very dumb and stupid, prideful and inmature. Also very unrealistic and boring to see their internal thoughts. Too much "what if" and 0 action. The total opposite of Chika, I could see myself loving that cute girl.

Was expecting a rom com with "intellect" wars between two elite people... and didn't get either romance, comedy nor smart intellect conflict like in death note (with a romantic flip). Main characters are the worst I've seen in rom com in a long time.

Totally dissapointing. This anime and manga has so many positive reviews that I really want to force myself to like it or find the appeal everyone is talking about. I don't know if I'm watching it with the wrong expectations in mind or what.

Personally that was how I felt when I started the manga, it sold itself off as a battle of war a la death note so that what I expected but really early on the manga I noticed... it really isn't about that. So I put it on hold for a long time, once I came back to it with the mentality that it is a comedy first and foremost and to not expect smart battle I enjoyed it a lot more and it became one of my favorite manga, it's just a matter of expectation really.

There's also an interview with the author where he says that it has become a case of fraud title since it is barely about the battle of mind anymore, he also said that he started focusing more on making the character react after chapter 5... which we went past and beyond already, so the "battle of war and love" really only lasted for 4 chapter at its core. There's still a little of it but it's for sure not the main focus like it might seem to advertise itself as.

In conclusion, if you really want to enjoy this anime, drop all your expectation about battle of mind and just watch it for the comedy and the characters, if you can't do that I'm sad to say that you won't probably enjoy this anime.
Yes I tried to have low expectations on this one when watching episodes 2 to 5 and trying to find the fun things in it.... but even if I tried that I couldn´t enjoy it. Mostly because I think the show isn´t as good as most people say it is. I agree when people say the show is enjoyable and has some nice moments, but it is definitely not a masterpiece.

Main reason for me to drop the show: I only like one character (Fujiwara Chika). I dislike the president and I really dislike almost everything about Kaguya. So that translates to me enjoying only the moments when Chika is on screen and hating everything else (and I don´t get any fun on hating something. I´d rather be sharing all the good things I loved about the show. The idea is to have fun, not end up being irritated during and at the end of the episodes!) .

Thank you anyway for the information you shared with me. At least I know more in depth why, even if I tried, I couldn´t get to enjoy the show.

Feb 16, 2019 5:41 PM

I enjoyed it a fair bit but the show looks desperately limited. Like a brushed up version of Shobitch. Slight relief is that the comedy is above average.

Feb 17, 2019 8:23 AM
Ara Ara Ma ma ~~Ara Ara Ma Ma~~~~

Feb 20, 2019 6:08 PM

~~~LOVE IS WAR~~~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 22, 2019 8:11 AM

Really interesting episode, I'm looking forward to watching more of this series!

Mar 5, 2019 10:49 PM
Sometimes you don't need to think with your brain. They should swallow their pride and admit the truth lol, each one thinks the other is oblivious of their feelings for each other, but they're both wrong.

Mar 12, 2019 4:28 PM
BEST! AMAZING! This anime is a freaking blessing from heaven

Mar 24, 2019 10:21 PM
n e k o

Great OP, great humor, great art. I hope they are shown doing more though.

Mar 29, 2019 8:26 PM

GOD, I LOVE THE OP!!! What a difficult decision to pick a favorite between this one, Dororo's, Mob Psycho's and Neverland's. This season sure had a lot of wonderful OPs.

Well, that aside, it was a great first episode, I enjoyed every second of it. Not to mention that I just loved the visual effects they used. The direction as a whole during the episode was just outstanding.

The characters were also nice and entertaining in their own way. Both Kaguya and Miyuki are absurdly hilarious and Chika is such a cutie as well.

That said, I'm excited to watch the rest of the episodes.

Mar 30, 2019 10:50 PM

Ah yes, another one of those "animated manga" adaptations that try so hard to be slavishly faithful to the manga, that they forget (or conveniently ignore) the fact that anime is an audio visual medium. Not once did I even crack a smile, because the characters and the annoying narrator just wouldn't shut up with their constant expositions that pointlessly over-explained everything.

Mar 31, 2019 3:18 AM

Kind of didn't like this. Feels hectic. Male MC looks undead. Female MC is more charming than male though. Maybe I'll start liking it if the charm picks up.

Yeah I don't like too much narration. It's annoying.

Apr 11, 2019 7:01 PM

A story about 2 individuals who clearly has feelings for each other but pride stands in their way. How to solve this problem? Feint it of course haha! I'll be expecting more funny sketches along the way ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

I can already tell just from the opening scene that this would be one hell of an amusing series ~

Apr 13, 2019 2:34 AM
So this show is what happens when a modern tsundeere falls for another modern tsundere.

May 5, 2019 12:48 AM

Perfect and awesome adaptation, this is my most anticipated series for this winter and i really satisfied with just seeing the 1st episode. The directing is really good from the introduction to each sub climax and the climax itself, it was really neat. Prop to VA and the music, the OP was lit(well as expected from Japan's king of love song, Masayuki Suzuki)
I'm really glad this series got adapted, Since i've been reading the manga itself before and tbh i'm so excited for the adaptation, it rarely to see romcom + psychological wrapped in seinen's (i loved the "dark comedy") get adapted to a tv series.

Awesome cuteness + great comedy, The Romance of 3 kingdom vibe on love war LOL XD, Adorabale MiyukiXKaguya + war stormer Chika XD can't wait to see more of this. The narratives were also awesome, the narrator was hilarious XD.
Couldn't stop laughing at octopus wiener XD.
Modified by r16fourarm, May 5, 2019 1:04 AM

May 8, 2019 1:49 PM

Been hearing about how good this anime is for awhile and i can certainly see why. this episode was EXTREMELY good! I am rooting for the guy, looking forward to the rest of the series,and hoping for a 2nd season at some point :)

May 14, 2019 6:13 AM

Love was never this complicated!

May 27, 2019 11:55 PM

Battle of wits albeit in a different format entirely, romance... The intensely complex battle to discretely force the opponent to confess their love first. Whoever confessed their love first loses.
Here I am finally with the time to bask in this show and its qualities and find out just why this show has been really popular lately.

Firstly, the OP, holy. The OP singer's voice so just so nice to hear, and the way the tune plays out just compliments his voice so much. It's one of those OP where you sing along with all your heart, therefore it's needless to say that the OP is simply fantastic! Besides the music itself, the visuals are a perfect blend of that slice-of-life graphics + action-looking graphics. It suits the show's genre well.

First ep, already amazing! I don't usually like narrators, but this one is a good one, it's hilarious when he explains the struggle that Kaguya and Miyuki are having! Other funny bits are whenever Chika is involved. Of course, when geniuses are nearby, a cute airhead should also be together.

Really liking it so far, the high visual quality is apparent from how many dramatic scenes there are, but even the simple scenes are also animated well.

Oo kawaii koto...
OwO

May 29, 2019 9:05 AM
Haven't read the manga, so I'm starting out from the anime.

I liked it, but I can't say I fully enjoyed it.

Their interactions and strategies are awesome. I love how they're trying to manipulate the other side to do what they want and how they seem so prideful and confident even though they're both slaves to love right now lol. Sometimes I feel second-hand embarrassment though for some reason.

Out of the three battles this episode, I liked the third one most. It was just that Kaguya was looking so forward to eating that octopus-shaped sausage so much that it was cute, having grown up in such luxury and all. Shirogane was totally reading her cues wrong the whole time and that made it even worse for Kaguya. Was really sad when Shirogane ran away and ate all his lunch. Wanted Kaguya to at least get a taste. Yay for Chika!

Gotta say Chika is adorable, really cute, and how she just doesn't know what's happening and breaking their plans is funny. She's not even thinking and she's single-handedly destroying their strategies.

The animation was crazy. Halfway through I thought, "Wow, this is a lot of complicated and expensive animation." Animation was top notch, really good.

The OP song really fits too. Gives an oldies vibe that somehow just fits their war analogy.

I'm not really sure about the narration thing honestly, feels like it detracts from the story and sometimes makes me cringe slightly. Maybe I'll get used to it and enjoy it more as I watch.

Also, that ending with Kaguya was so cute!

May 30, 2019 7:37 PM

Ok, ok, I can see why this created such a fuss while airing, this episode was hilarious, I think I'm gonna enjoy this a lot.

Jun 25, 2019 1:42 PM

Pretty weak comedy, also even ecchi harem anime are better in terms of romance. I bet that the whole anime will be the same. I understand that this anime is mostly social advertisement and wants to convince Japanese teens to laugh in the face of fear and insecurity like "just make first move in relations and be happy". But people definitely throwing themselves into escapism not for such educational bullshit. Zero sense, mister author.
Modified by Lawgun, Jun 25, 2019 2:51 PM

Aug 9, 2019 6:57 AM

I was surprised to see this on Netflix so I gave it a go. Goddamn why did I wait so long to watch this. It's hilarious and in some fucked up way, I relate to these two. Having so much pride that it makes you an idiot is not just being proud, it's called "hubris" derived from an ancient greek word, I'd like to thank AC Odyssey for teaching me that word lol

Sep 23, 2019 6:18 PM
So, I finally watched the first episode, and I really don't get where's the hype about this one is coming from. While it got a few chuckles out of me, the plot is really silly and cringy. And the characters are super annoying. I don't know if I should try another episode, or just drop it

Sep 26, 2019 3:13 AM

Lmao this was an awesome start! Kaguya is cute af
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.

Oct 30, 2019 1:28 AM

the fuck is this incel shit I bumbled into lmao

ah, how I hope to share octopus weiners with someone some day too.

Discord: Zadion#0202
RateYourMusic
last.fm

Dec 23, 2019 8:19 PM
A very enjoyable ep

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]