Forum Settings
Forums

In general, are anime youtubers good critics?

New
In general, aree anime youtubers good critics?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 12, 2019 1:45 PM

Sep 2018
Frroku said:

He speaks slowly, as if he had not even written a script. His reviews are simple. He always speaks well to every anime, which means that it is mostly but is afraid on getting dislikes lmfao.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am pretty sure he speaks well to every anime because he stops watching the ones he doesn't like and only reviews the ones he likes.
Jan 12, 2019 3:33 PM

Dec 2014
In general, I don't think any critic is good... they are peoples who make a living by watching something and giving their opinions about it. They are really overrated for what they do. I honestly can't say whats the difference between the opinion of some well-known critic and some random dude on the street. Yet peoples use those critics as a reference, which I think is stupid. To make a living giving an opinion, can go wrong in many ways... just look at movie and game critics... the majority are just snobs who have no problem to give a good review for money and benefits, or go with the flow and follow the popular opinion just to not take risks - like how many movies that are despised by the public are highly appreciated by critics, due to political correctness... The anime industry is smaller indeed, but it has the potential to grow... and while anime critics may not give paid reviews, there is definitely snobbism and a sense of superiority due to their exposure. And while I see some who put the work in making interesting content, like Digibro, especially when they don't review a specific anime, but a genre, creator, etc. I remember how similar was gaming industry back in the days, when game journalist made efforts to create quality content, with humour and objective facts... and I know what a shit hole did gaming journalism is today.
Jan 12, 2019 4:02 PM
Jul 2018
ThatRazorGuy said:
@HopefulNihilist You should check out GoatJesus. A lot of his videos are more academic than most of his contemporaries. Barely uploads tho.

I forgot to mention GoatJesus. He, along with Pause and Select, are probably the closest anime youtubers to writing academic analysis's.
Jan 12, 2019 5:37 PM
Feb 2018
In general i would say 'NO'.

There're anime youtubers that make reviews... But most of the time is due to a sponsorship or something that gave them money.

About the criticism that they give is mostly their thoughts about the anime or content that they are refering to, but if you pay attention to the reviews in certain detail they will only refer to the most funny parts or controversial parts from 'X' Anime. Not really about their flaws or bad parts.
Making arguments about it but not why is that good or it had a point.

(DISCLAIMER PLEASE DON'T HATE THIS POST ,is not 100% accurate, just another oppinion like everyone else, also the "()" are for jokes not hate)

(Like Trump's wall, just why ? Dafuc even the refunds where given back 'cuz is failing and making the mexicicians pay , is just ridicuous, check reddit/politics though)

I will take Geoff as an example for this (Not hate towards anyone intended):

He picks a popular topic:
let's take attack on titan on this case and a review in a short version: (Made by me as an example)

: In this show they're titans, guys triyng to kill them, there's some action, there's some melodramatic drama intended, there's an annoying kid screaming at everywhere and shouting 'I'll KILL YOU TITAN' and the other characters are just flying around, etc... Nothing really important happening, if you enjoy the show keep watching it. Also suscribe to bla bla bla..... #Ads.

Then there's another video about 'Pirating anime is bad or 4 seasons of Jojo explained in 1 video and you can skip that parts' (thing that you shouldn't do)

(Also "YES" it is a jojo reference and u should pirate anime)

He's pretty vague to the content he's refering to.

With this i mean: he tells you what it has and parts that they enjoyed ,but they do this for your enjoyment when you watch the show and some others reviewers and for that you might feel it a little bit of anticlimatic.

Example: They said the show was God-Like for parts that he liked , then you go and watch it.... then it was kind of boring or not that great because are their thoughts not yours. Also most of them are shitty thoughts ,filler and garbage like chibi reviews , and i mean AAAAAHHHHHH ,screams and fillers... Stuff like that. Because they don't know what is a real analysis or what is the porpose of the content , wheter is real or fanservice garbage

Most of them makes that for filler and not a great review at all , saving other points on the anime for another ocation , like 'why did he do this ?' or 'Is this show any good?' and still after all that ,they don't really know the entire series or how to make the entire review

("wheter is important,fake or a secret message to join the combat against the furries in tiktok)

welp, here's my point:

If you want a review about any anime for what it is and not only for the parts in a vague form i'll suggest gigguk but for his comedy that he gives , also he reviews the bad parts and good parts of the show in a funny way. Like giving it memes or crap but for make the experience better and a part from his own content.

If you want a review about certains parts of an anime,details or deep meaning behind some part like 'what is a goblin in real writing? (Goblin slayer kind of sucks), i'll suggest : Glass reflection, gajin goomba or NuxTaku. For a full spoiled content that you might enjoy.
( And not waste ur time in 'x' anime)

I suggest to watch a review at full detail with spoilers, pause the video at a certain point if you're half interested , watch it and enjoy it for not what it is or it has , but for how much are you enjoying it or learning.

(but if you aren't just don't watch 'x' anime 'cuz references to x anime too many times is boring , the same jokes all the time is boring and Kind of shitty and definetly not original and i'm talking to you black crover or any copy from Harry potter)

Also a review should contain:
scholarly journal articles, books, government reports, Web sites, etc. The literature review provides a description, summary and evaluation of each source. It is usually presented as a distinct section of a graduate thesis or dissertation.

Or any jokes at all BC it's YT not a place where you can promote gambling to kids cause the other person did it (aka better help sponsor and jake paul)

Well that's my point , if you have any question or want to burn me alive with hate comments mail me to my twitter
@cruzwein69 , i'll happily read them.

thx for reading my Bible.
Jan 12, 2019 6:14 PM

Dec 2012
No, on account that good critic is an oxymoron.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jan 12, 2019 6:25 PM

May 2018
I'd pay to see a half-decent anime youtuber. The one's I've seen are ..questionable.
Jan 12, 2019 6:39 PM

May 2017
Glass reflection is decent.
Gigguk is a great source for anime comedy. His analysis videos are pretty well made.
Digibro sucks. He never researches what he is reviewing on and spouts out false information.
Didn't really watch Under the Scope enough to form an opinion.
Chibi reviews aren't reviews. They are more like reaction videos, without the video feed.
Mother's basement is... okay. Except when talking about "controversial" shows and piracy that just makes me went "What in the flying fuck is he talking about". I haven't watched his channel for so long. Maybe he has changed
TheAnimeMan is... what type of channel it is again? His entire channel is on an identity crisis, not knowing what to do with it. His content is a complete mix bag of first-time reactions, anime challenges, Japanese culture (This one's decent), Twitter replies, occasional news, manga recommendations and Q&As. What is he doing!? Has he not learn anything from Kitchen Nightmares? A menu with a billion dishes doesn't make a good restaurant.

To be honest, I trust the MAL score more than anitubers. Yeah I know you people have been constantly saying the MAL score is shit, popularity based and stuff but. 1 person's opinion <<< 8000+ people's opinion. It's the same thing I trust Steam reviews and user Metacritic scores more than game journalists.
copyrightRingoJan 14, 2019 1:08 PM
「ボクは…確かに現実に絶望している。だけど、自分には絶望していない!! 今がつまらないか…楽しいのか…平凡なのか…決めているのは現実じゃない。決めるのはボクだ!!ボクが望めば不可能はない!!」-桂木桂馬
"True, I've given up on the real world. However, I haven't given up on myself!! The world doesn't get to decide whether my life is boring, fun, or ordinary because that's my decision to make!! As long as I have the will, nothing is impossible!!" -Katsuragi Keima
Jan 12, 2019 7:09 PM

Jan 2016
@copyrightRingo: The best series, that I have found to be unequivocally great, have lain within the realms of 6.00-7.99. I don’t believe that an “agreeable” series nessicarily makes a series good.

I kind of despise the rating system because new fans tire of anime quickly because they think Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Noragami, Code Geass, Your Name, etc... are the best anime has to offerーwhile some gems go unnoticed because a couple of people rated them poorly.

TL;DRーPeer rating systems have their issues.
EggheadLunaJan 12, 2019 7:20 PM
▾ Check Out My Original Series ▾

▾ Check Out My Blog ▾
Jan 13, 2019 3:15 AM

Jun 2017
I watch AniTuber videos but not the review and analysis ones. Gigguk, Digibro and others have pretty much non-critic videos you know
Jan 13, 2019 3:29 AM

May 2018
They actually don't criticize, they just try to attract subscribers. Thus, they make only things the majority wanna see
Nemo_NiemandJan 13, 2019 3:32 AM

Jan 13, 2019 3:38 AM

Feb 2015
-Episode/chapter "reviewers" just hype up everything, e.g. Fornerworld, Chibi, Double4, etc.

-Glass Reflection and Mother's Basement are sellouts

-Digibro actually produces great content, but he is not a reviewer. He mostly writes opinion pieces on certain topics or essays about the anime industry.

-TheAnimeMan has no fucking idea what he talking about half the time. Which is strange, because he is half-Japanese, living in Japan and apparantly he has connections to the anime industry (?). But he still spouts so much wrong information, like he can't even use Google or Wikipedia. And none of his millions of viewers seem to care.
Jan 13, 2019 5:33 AM

May 2016
ThatRazorGuy said:
@HopefulNihilist You should check out GoatJesus. A lot of his videos are more academic than most of his contemporaries. Barely uploads tho.

I'm reminded on a daily basis that nobody actually reads Dante because if they had they would have the self-respect to not make things like this.
Jan 13, 2019 5:46 AM

Jul 2017
I watch some of them like Gigguk and The Anime Man but I don't really think their opinions make an impact on what I feel about a certain anime. They can be entertaining since they make reviews about Anime more interesting since it is in a Youtube video which is more fun than to read someone else's review written on words. I just like there is a platform where people can express opinion but make it more entertaining.

Once we realize it, everything will fall into place
Our hearts calling to the future with all their might
We'll move forward, holding each other's shaking hands
Jan 13, 2019 6:02 AM
Jul 2018
They are good at getting attention and generate as many clicks as possible to profit. It's difficult to form your own opinion and don't care, if others might like it, or at least, especially for the young audience and so they glance at them to know what they "should" think.
While reviewing is of course absolutely okay for everyone, many titles are just clickbaits and they made it more about their own person and appearance on screen.
What I like are videos like this last one someone posted about Roy and Riza in FMA with an in-depth analysis of things I might had missed on my own.
Jan 13, 2019 6:11 AM

Jul 2012
I never really cared about "the critics". I have to watch for myself to create my own opinion, so.
I think most anitubers don't even care much about if they are good critics or not, youtube is entertainment after all and they need those views haha
I do like some reviews and analysis, especially the ones that try to look other angles and bring something new (that type of video you get that "hey, I learned something" feeling lol), but most of reviews, I think, are too superficial (not exactly a problem, it is probably better to get more views) or they go down the rabbit hole of overproblematization (goblins are the jews, anime is trying to transform the youth of american into nazi mysogynists, anime makes you a rapist, etc)
Overall I think of anitubers as entertainment as I'm not exactly looking for academic criticism in youtube anyway. But, that is me lol

Jan 13, 2019 6:49 AM

Oct 2011
They are only good for influencing other people to watch anime by doing a recommendation in form of a review. For in-depth analysis, there are some channels that do that but it's not the norm among anime Youtubers.
Jan 13, 2019 8:10 AM

May 2014
The only one i like for analysis is Digibro, his recent videos on Log Horizon have been really great.
Jan 13, 2019 8:18 AM

Mar 2015
I dont know I only read the comments.
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Jan 13, 2019 8:20 AM

Feb 2010
I'm sure some are, but I'm also sure they're not gonna be among the more popular ones since youtube is primarily about being entertaining and everything else is secondary.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 13, 2019 11:48 AM

Mar 2018
But i mean what counts as a good critics for you
I mean it's just people giving out their opinion on a particular thing
So there's no such thing is a "good critics" right?
Or are u just some dipshit who call people trash if they don't agree with your opinion [•_•]
吃屁股
Jan 13, 2019 1:34 PM

Aug 2018
People like UTS, Gigguk, and Glass Reflection always come through with their excellent insight and commentary on the shows they're watching. With regards to people such as the anime man, I don't consider him to be a very good critic because he rarely goes beyond surface level critiques of the shows. (Partially bc of his audience)
Jan 13, 2019 2:40 PM

Jan 2016
To me I'm not to sure usually I find which really I guess it's what most people in general do is that they have their own opinion of a series mixed in with what they are doing which I guess is natural but I'm not to sure thinking about it.

(Although I'm very tired at the moment which doesn't help so sorry if this is a big mess, anyways) so the series, manga or even just a tv show they could high praise it or drag it through the mud and you could have the opposite on each point they made and could even have a good argument to break their analysis.

I pretty sure I'm screwing this whole thing up so again sorry I guess at the end of all this I have to go with a weak maybe almost solid no in my opinion.

All the Anime's on my list are all one's I own Personal physical copies of, or have seen in theaters that I plan on buying, series that I've watched on FUNimation or HIDIVE will not be on here unless/until I have already bought it.
Jan 13, 2019 3:05 PM

Jan 2019
I like most of them, but Digibro is just a scumbag
"I'm not afraid to look like an idiot" maybe
-Anthony Bourdain
Jan 13, 2019 3:11 PM

May 2017
They're not good critics but Super Eyepatch Wolf makes great video essays.
Jan 13, 2019 3:21 PM

Aug 2009
I like to hear people's thoughts on the animes i already watched, be negative or positive ones i don't care, i just like to hear them if they are presented well and in a good manner, they never effect my opinions tho.
AzureFlame64Jan 13, 2019 3:30 PM
Jan 13, 2019 3:21 PM

Jun 2009
Tbh, I don't really follow anime YouTubers for their critique; Gigguk, I will watch for the memes, and GR I sometimes check in just to see if he articulates the arguments for or against a show as I do, but I don't put much stock into their assessments. I'm actually probably more likely to heed the advice of Chris Stuckmann, who primarily reviews other mediums and only occasionally dabbles in anime.

Exceptions, however, exist on the animation/sakuga analysis YouTube scene. AnimeAjay, for example, mostly does DB study, but also weighs in on other series and studios sometimes. I place near unwavering faith in his ability both to assess and to argument why a piece of animation is good or not, and I almost always agree with him wholeheartedly. There's not much controversy when it comes to appreciating the frame-by-frame breakdown, other than misconceptions about what good and bad animation is by some viewers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN4MkyfBNac
Jan 13, 2019 3:37 PM
Jul 2018
Oriionx said:
Or are u just some dipshit who call people trash if they don't agree with your opinion [•_•]

A good critic, in my opinion, is somebody who has a set of complex standards on what makes an anime good. A good critic analyzes the nook and cranny of every aspect of an anime, able to break it down through great arguments on why it is good/bad, using direct evidence from the anime itself.
Jan 13, 2019 3:46 PM

Feb 2010
Oriionx said:

Not really.
Criticism is like any other field, people with no knowledge or experience will not be good at it. It takes effort. Studying literary analysis and literary theories. Practice.

Take playing an instrument for example. Sure, everyone can bang drumsticks on objects or breathe air into a bunch of metal tubes, but that's not music, that's just sounds. Just like everyone can give opinions, but that's not criticism or at least certainly not good one. Without some sort of education (be it academical or self-study) in the field it's gonna be hard to be a good critic, exactly because in that case you're just giving opinions on a surface level like anyone else.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 13, 2019 3:52 PM
Sep 2018
honestly, the majority of big anitubers are bland, shallow and prone to pandering towards a certain group (they go after mainstream shows for clout not because they actually enjoy them). there are some that are still good but they don't get any recognition. the main faces of anitube are just disappointing.
owls are cool
Jan 13, 2019 3:59 PM

Apr 2018
yourwaifussucc said:
honestly, the majority of big anitubers are bland, shallow and prone to pandering towards a certain group (they go after mainstream shows for clout not because they actually enjoy them). there are some that are still good but they don't get any recognition. the main faces of anitube are just disappointing.

Damn I gotta be wary, looks like someone here is able to read people's mind
Jan 13, 2019 4:05 PM

Sep 2017
*didn't vote yes/no*
I'm not supposed to give my opinion, am unbiased
I'll define the "good" in "good critics" as "professional"
answer: no
Signature
Jan 13, 2019 5:35 PM
Feb 2017
No, they're quite awful.

I'm not subbed to any anime related content on youtube, but being a fan of anime, youtube likes to shove them down my throat and I sometime fall for them because they ALL use clickbait titles for their videos, the titles are always some kind of a vague statement, you never know what the video is actually about, the title vaguely says that an anime suck only to click on a video to find out that they actually like it, also another common clickbait technique that everyone also uses is (Why You Should (or shouldn't) Watch *insert anime*) it bugs the shit out of me.

And when you eventually watch the video, they analyze the most obvious stuff by pointing out the most pointless shit about the anime while bringing nothing new or insightful to the table, also it's usually over-edited and filled with forced humor and memes and cringe, clearly struggling to stretch a video over the 10 minute mark because they can't fill it with good commentary, which is really hard to listen to because some of them speak with vocal fry or just have an annoying nasally voice.

I don't know why but their videos always end up ruining the anime they're reviewing for me whether they liked it or not.
Jan 13, 2019 5:57 PM

Jan 2013
AbuOthman96 said:
No, they're quite awful.

I'm not subbed to any anime related content on youtube, but being a fan of anime, youtube likes to shove them down my throat and I sometime fall for them because they ALL use clickbait titles for their videos, the titles are always some kind of a vague statement, you never know what the video is actually about, the title vaguely says that an anime suck only to click on a video to find out that they actually like it, also another common clickbait technique that everyone also uses is (Why You Should (or shouldn't) Watch *insert anime*) it bugs the shit out of me.

And when you eventually watch the video, they analyze the most obvious stuff by pointing out the most pointless shit about the anime while bringing nothing new or insightful to the table, also it's usually over-edited and filled with forced humor and memes and cringe, clearly struggling to stretch a video over the 10 minute mark because they can't fill it with good commentary, which is really hard to listen to because some of them speak with vocal fry or just have an annoying nasally voice.

I don't know why but their videos always end up ruining the anime they're reviewing for me whether they liked it or not.
Never liked the ones with obvious clickbait titles or the ones that title it as if they know the themes/messages behind said show or creator/director.
Do you want to get subscribers fast? Just put SAO in the title (looking at you ThePedanticRomantic).
"B-but that's how the YouTube algorithm works!" Is what they tell you.
Yeah, no thanks.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jan 13, 2019 6:01 PM
Jul 2018
AbuOthman96 said:
which is really hard to listen to because some of them speak with vocal fry or just have an annoying nasally voice.

Yeah, that's a huge problem I have with many anime youtubers: their voice. Chibi, ThatAnimeSnob, The Pedantic Romantic, their voices I can't stand. I don't get why nobody criticizes them for it.

Jan 13, 2019 6:04 PM
Apr 2018
HopefulNihilist said:
I'm talking about people like GR Arcada,

Arcada Is a sheep he doent have an option of his own
It’s why he only reviews main stream titles
Jan 13, 2019 8:51 PM

Oct 2013
They are... For the most part. Problem is that most of them strive to be Z-list yt celebrities so this criticism is often left filtered and unrefined. This is prominent among 'top dogs' of 'anitube' community.
Jan 13, 2019 9:50 PM

Jun 2011
In general no. But some are. Can't make a broad brush generalization.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Jan 13, 2019 9:55 PM

Apr 2011
Oh God, not this again. It wasn't even that long ago.

yhunata said:
Joseph, the Animation Man, I feel does less and less actual anime videos lately. It's more like he does Japan related stuff and the most anime he gets is a seasonal what he will watch. Yes, there are anime videos, but I feel like he's becoming less and less an anituber and more of just an anime-centric Japanese vlogger.

Mother's Basement is good for OP analysis. That's it. He calls himself a "professional shitbag" at the end of his videos in jest, but he really is little more than that. Easily one of the most hypocritical twats I've seen on Youtube.

I haven't been following Glass Reflection, but he seems to be the only one that still actually does reviews. Haven't been following him, so I can't say.

Gigguk is a comedian and for me, he's a hit more than a miss.

Don't follow Digibro. I do wanna add that he can go fuck himself for nitpicking on Sword of the Stranger's animation for "background characters don't have faces sometimes".
Jan 13, 2019 10:08 PM
osmamthus wine

May 2014
There's a reason why Digibro went on a huge rant about this... what was it, a year and a half ago?

For all intents and purposes, no. No, they're not. Then again, neither are most video game, music, movie reviewers, etc. etc. etc. Most of them don't study this stuff, and generally get lost in their own opinion without looking super critically at the actual art.

Granted, a large part of that is because if they did get into the technical aspect of it, they'd probably alienate a decent part of their audience. Like another poster said, Youtubers are entertainers before they are analyzers. Heck, @HopefulNihilist, you yourself have talked about how you don't like Youtubers when they use large vocabulary, because to you, it just seems like they're trying to sounds smarter than they already are (I'm thinking of Pause and Select specifically).

Jan 13, 2019 10:19 PM
Jul 2018
OfDeathandLove said:
There's a reason why Digibro went on a huge rant about this... what was it, a year and a half ago?

For all intents and purposes, no. No, they're not. Then again, neither are most video game, music, movie reviewers, etc. etc. etc. Most of them don't study this stuff, and generally get lost in their own opinion without looking super critically at the actual art.

Granted, a large part of that is because if they did get into the technical aspect of it, they'd probably alienate a decent part of their audience. Like another poster said, Youtubers are entertainers before they are analyzers. Heck, @HopefulNihilist, you yourself have talked about how you don't like Youtubers when they use large vocabulary, because to you, it just seems like they're trying to sounds smarter than they already are (I'm thinking of Pause and Select specifically).

I did say that. But I believe it's very possible to academically intelligent without using vocabulary that is too advanced. In high school, when we were reading and writing analytical papers, there was no advanced vocabulary.

EDIT: I think a huge problem is that anime Youtubers aren't properly criticized. Every time I criticize an anime Youtuber, they react condescendingly. They always seem to completely ignore any criticism aimed towards them.
Jan 14, 2019 12:21 AM

Jan 2013
OfDeathandLove said:

I live for the technical stuff.
At least when it comes to traditional cel animation, before it all went digital.
Special effects done on programs just can't compete against real lightboxes.

Would be great if folks got more into the technical process.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jan 14, 2019 12:49 AM

Apr 2016
they're interesting enough to make me watch them unlike the plethora of boring tldr reviews in here.
Jan 14, 2019 12:58 AM

May 2015
The only anime YouTuber I take seriously is Gigguk. I still watch others, but it's more of entertainment than serious talk.
Jan 14, 2019 1:21 AM

Jan 2017
Half the time I get the impression they want clicks more than honest reviews so they're always trying to give controversial opinions or just being trolls. Anyway, streaming costs one monthly fee so I don't have to pay any more money for shows I don't want to watch anymore...

I've also found that I like shows others don't and I hate shows everyone likes--I can't stand some of the 5-star CR shows, for example.
Jan 14, 2019 1:29 AM
Jul 2018
Youtubers aren't meant to give intelligent and accurate analysis.

Youtubers are meant to entertain, and I only ever enjoy them in that aspect.

tbh I don't really watch much of it..
There's like.. one anime review I like by this guy named Dave.

And one game review I like by.. The RPG Fanatic Videogame Review Show??? lol whatever

But it's mostly because I can relate to most of what they're saying.
I'm like YESS it's truth, justice!

It's not necessarily meant to appeal to the masses...which is what most of the famous youtubers are forced to do to keep their viewers.
Jan 14, 2019 1:31 AM

Oct 2018
I really don't think it matters what they say. I mean, you'll agree with some of them and disagree with others. What you think about an Anime is all that matters. Doesn't matter what other people think or say. Watching Anime should be a form of leisure, and it's your say if said show exempted said leisure.

i'm a worm
Jan 14, 2019 6:54 AM
Jul 2018
the only one i ever considered watching was chibi reviews because he mostly stays objective and can explain a lot of stuff that was left out because he reads the source.
The others are mostly biased and are just an echo chamber for stuff everyone already knows
Jan 14, 2019 7:28 AM
Jul 2018
Gigguk is mainly entertainment but when he tries to get deep it comes off gay and annoying causing me to roll my eyes at it resulting in me clicking out of the video.

He's like the ''RISE AND GRIND GAMERS!!!!!'' but unironically and instead of games it's about anime.

I already have my criticisms about certain anime. I don't need some dude to reinforce something i already think.
Jan 14, 2019 7:40 AM

Oct 2015
I dislike a lot of their approach to reviewing. They always take it on themselves to critique every element of the show rather than focusing on a few aspects of the show that they resonated with and feel strongly about. I don't want to listen to what an anime youtuber has to say about soundtrack or animation if they're doing it just for formality sake. I want to hear what they really care about, so please spare me the rubbish that's basically a reiteration of everyone else. So far I've been able to find very few anime reviewers that get it right. Namely Hiding in Public, Under the Scope and Beyond Ghibli.
Jan 14, 2019 7:58 AM

Aug 2009
So... Is Gigguka good critic?

I mean...

He's not wrong.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

34 by Zimmu »»
2 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

93 by Zarutaku »»
27 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 1 hour ago

16 by Coaghim »»
28 minutes ago

» How is anime doing in the UK these days?

VeryRedBags - 3 hours ago

4 by TsutanaiFuun »»
37 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

124 by Matt_MurD0CK »»
42 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.