Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 17, 2019 7:21 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Eugh. For some of the animation, they became plain lazy. Like, hair flowing in the wind and such was on an obvious loop-- a really choppy loop at that. No one seems to care though, so hey I guess they got away with it. I already know a lot of people here don't pay attention to the animation as much as they let on. They usually just pay attention to just the art style choice or animation style and decide to critique them as if the animation itself is "bad". Or really, it's usually people not knowing the correct terminology and just saying the animation's bad because they don't know how else to say something like, "I don't like the art style or the animation direction".
But anyway, it's whatever. They cut corners.
The tone of the show is dark and gritty and they're really gonna throw as much gore and violence in as they can it seems. I mean hey.
I would have loved to see more of the magical girls before they died though. Dang. Their designs seemed cool. :C
I'm actually kinda scared of this show. I can't really trust it. I can't really sit easy.;; It's gonna make me stay on my toes. I don't always like that type of thing, but I'll stick with it.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jan 17, 2019 7:42 PM

Jul 2007
This is honestly the hypest show of the season for me. I can't fucking wait for episode 2!
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jan 18, 2019 11:49 AM
Jul 2018
Terrible anime just because it's full of gore it doesn't mean that it's good also it is generic as fuck
Jan 19, 2019 9:16 AM

Jul 2009
Good episode. It does feel a bit generic on the pacing, but I enjoyed it from the end. I think it's the animation which really dampens the experience. There's some derpy moments and some of the characters are too round. Asuka is also much more thicc in this Anime compared to the Manga. I thought she was a loli honestly in the manga.

Honestly, it's still great to see Dark Mahou Shoujo shows. It's an interesting twist and we need more of this and Madoka etc.

I'll give it a go! I'm a sucker for blood and gore and there seems to be little to no censorship(even showed parent's hands of Asuka).

Can't wait!
SomaHeirJan 19, 2019 9:20 AM
Jan 19, 2019 5:46 PM

Oct 2017
Really liked this first episode, shows how much potential can have magical girl animes, now instead of weird aliens, they fight against real world terrorists. I'll have to handle my sickness for excessive blood, though.

The animation is relatively decent, but the proportions of Asuka are extremely amorphous, like she's way too wide.

I don't understand why the rating is 6,67, but this is MAL so nothing missed here.
"What a Player, what a Champion here at Wimbledon, the first man to win 8 Championships."
Andrew Castle on Roger Federer winning his 19th Grand Slam title.
Jan 20, 2019 9:12 PM

Oct 2013
War....War never changes.

Even if the otherwordly enemy has been defeated, even if the aliens from another world have stopped their invasion, war still goes on:

Terrorists, Zealots, Drug Lords, Gun Dealers, Madmen.

Yeah, this is the magical girl setting I asked for.
Jan 25, 2019 10:59 PM

Aug 2017
I like the gore but the plot is over the place. It seems that this will be just Release the Spyce with magical girls, gore and PTSD. I hope I am wrong. The others two girls from the school are very annoying. They must die. Also, the scene with the middle aged smoker was very stupid lmao.

So, they're done fighting magical threats and the show occurs after winning a war, magical girls vs generic villains? Well, we'll see what happens.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 31, 2019 4:44 AM

Jul 2009
Being a magical girl it's never easy...the anime industry its really into the dark side of magical girls since Madoka.

Asuka is very likeable.
Feb 6, 2019 2:55 PM
Apr 2018
I couldn't help but laugh at the introduction scene: what are those Disa monster things? At least there are other enemies, or so it seems.

The op is cool enough. Surprisingly the music played during the battle against the old dude fit well imo.
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

Asuaka's eyes are fucking sexyl
Agreed. Everyone says they are kinda strange but I loved them. Asuka is quite pretty too.
Feb 10, 2019 4:36 PM
Dec 2017
I'm definitely finishing this one. It already seems better than Magical Girl Site. The stuffed animal looking monsters are a bit weird but...that's alright.
Feb 15, 2019 11:57 AM

Apr 2015
I only tried this because this was the only way I could hear Rieri this season; I don't watch mecha(=Revisions) so this was it. It's clearly a bit shit though so I'm not anticipating much.
Mar 4, 2019 7:51 PM

Apr 2012
It seems like the Disas has formed some sort of alliance with some terrorists organizations just like the Spirit Realm's alliance with the UN.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 22, 2019 4:42 AM

Jul 2016
The Disas are like Tediz from Conker's Bad Fur Day (video game).
Apr 9, 2019 6:36 PM

Feb 2013
Seems pretty good! Glad I checked it out so far.
Apr 12, 2019 5:09 PM

Jul 2016
Jeez, the edge in this episode was almost surreal, especially with the parents sudden scene... but it was still way more bearable than Mahou Shoujo Site's first episode... ugh.

Anyways, it was an entertaining first episode. Asuka seems to be an interesting character and her design is quite appealing to the eye as well. I don't know about other people but I really liked her eyes...

It also seems that she might have PTSD due to the war she had to deal with, which honestly, caught my attention and made me wonder how they will handle that topic in the next episodes.

Overall, it was a decent start and now, let's see how much dark this anime can be.

P.S.: The OST used was catchy as hell, by the way. I actually liked it a lot.
Apr 19, 2019 11:42 AM

Jun 2009
Haha, this was hilarious.
Jun 6, 2019 10:02 AM
Jan 2017
So far this was a good tart to this anime, not too cheesy and not too over the top. i cant wait to see more
Apr 11, 2020 2:23 PM

May 2013
Heyyy, I like this C: esp the feet slicing

lol now Bookworm knows what Asuka-chan means by escapism. So sad tho :(
Apr 23, 2020 9:03 PM

Feb 2014
Ok first thing I gotta ask is, how old is Asuka, she can't be older than 17, does that mean she was already fighting monsters at age 14? Well, I guess a typical age when it come to magical girls shows.
And boy, she is already killing people mercilessly at such a young age, that kill on the first dude was fucking rad.
Overall this seems like is gonna be one of those edgy and trashy fanservice shows that are totally my thing, can't wait to see those bikini episodes.
One last thing, Asuka's breasts are gigantic, jesus.
May 15, 2023 7:04 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty good first episode. All that blood and gore surprised me.

I like Asuka's personality and character design. She's very beautiful.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

79 by gilsao157 »»
Apr 15, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2019

59 by 5hadow17 »»
Oct 16, 2023 6:02 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2019

65 by 5hadow17 »»
Oct 16, 2023 5:59 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

39 by Serafos »»
May 19, 2023 2:12 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2019

38 by Serafos »»
May 18, 2023 11:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.