Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 12, 2019 8:35 AM
Jun 2015
Why wasn't Giorno from Jojo's a nominee for best boy and why on earth wasn't Jojo's nominated for best animation
Jan 12, 2019 8:41 AM

Aug 2018
Remember, people, you have the power not to let this turn into a joke.

Anime of the Year, Best Girl, Best Director and Best Character Design are stacked with good options. Don't let the "normies" give six fucking trophies to Hero Aca. It doesn't deserve them.

Don't let Deku win Best Boy when we have several decent options just ready to shine through. Don't let Two Heroes steal Best Movie, that would be a crime.

Share on social media. Try to do what you can. This year is better than the last, and if we can minimize Hero Aca stealing trophies and even DARLING in the FRANXX stealing Best Opening and Best VA Performance, it will be a great time for everyone.

This doesn't have to turn into a shit fest again.

My votes:
Best Protagonist - Retsuko
Best Antagonist - Momonga
Best Boy - Honda-san
Best Girl - Asirpa
Best Opening Sequence - Pop Team Epic
Best Ending Sequence - After the Rain
Best VA Performance (JP) - Nao Toyama
Best VA Performance (EN) - Kari Wahlgren
Best Director - Hiroko Utsumi
Best Animation - Devilman Crybaby
Best Film - The Night is Short, Walk On Girl
Best Character Design - JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind
Anime of the Year - Hinamatsuri
Best Fight Scene - Yami vs Licht
Best Continuing Series - March comes in like a lion

My predictions:
Best Protagonist - Rimuru Tempest
Best Antagonist - All For One
Best Boy - Izuku Midoriya
Best Girl - Mai Sakurajima
Best Opening Sequence - DARLING in the FRANXX
Best Ending Sequence - Attack on Titan Season 3
Best VA Performance (JP) - Mamoru Miyano
Best VA Performance (EN) - Tia Ballard (could end up going to Christopher Sabat)
Best Director - Taichi Ishidate
Best Animation - My Hero Academia Season 3 (could end up going to Violet Evergarden)
Best Film - My Hero Academia: Two Heroes
Best Character Design - Violet Evergarden
Anime of the Year - Violet Evergarden
Best Fight Scene - All for One vs All Might
Best Continuing Series - Dragon Ball Super (could end up going to Boruto)
Flesh_the_PikeJan 12, 2019 9:13 AM
Jan 12, 2019 8:58 AM

Dec 2018
MY VOTES:

Best Protagonist: Yumeko Jabami
Best Antagonist: Momonga
Best Boy: Sakuta Azusagawa
Best Girl: Mai Sakurajima
Best Opening: Deal With The Devil (Kakegurui)
Best Ending: Daybreak Requiem (Attack on Titan Season 3)
Best VA Performance JP: (Haven't watched any of the candidates)
Best VA Performance EN: Erika Harlacher (Violet Evergarden)
Best Director: Taichi Ishidate (Violet Evergarden)
Best Animation: Violet Evergarden
Best Film: Fireworks
Best Character Design: Violet Evergarden
Anime of the Year: Violet Evergarden
Jan 12, 2019 9:02 AM
Jul 2018
CG Re-tell movie(s) wasn't even nominated? CR...
Jan 12, 2019 11:10 AM

May 2016
Nominations for the categories were wack this year.

Jan 12, 2019 2:51 PM
Nov 2018
Lunilah said:
TodAboT said:
The thing that pisses me off the most is that Momonga is somehow in the antagonist category.
Mononga is NOT an antagonist. An antagonist is that who opposes the protagonist (like L from Death Note); Momonga is the protagonist.
Did they mean villain? Even then, Mononga doesn't do evil shit.
Aside from murdering living/innocent beings in droves and planning to take over his world during his descent into madness, yeah totally not evil.

Pixel_Vapour said:
I like that 02 isn't in the best girl category. She's trash.
Yeah, didn't even realize that. Props there for sure.

Yes momonga does a lot of bad things but he's the protagonist of the story no matter how you look at it.
Jan 12, 2019 2:53 PM
Nov 2018
Johan_Liebert_ said:
Stripes said:

PSA: nobuhiko okamoto not being nominated for best voice acting performance is the biggest betrayal of 2019 and we're only 11 days deep. Also AFO vs OFA in the anime was shit, Kacchan vs Deku was 1000% more hype.

Yeah man, seriously. All Might vs All for one wasn't as good as Deku vs Bakugou or Deku vs Muscular.

But it was more important, mediatic and instrumental for the the series.
Jan 12, 2019 2:59 PM

Oct 2014
LiedElfen said:
Lunilah said:
Aside from murdering living/innocent beings in droves and planning to take over his world during his descent into madness, yeah totally not evil.

Yeah, didn't even realize that. Props there for sure.

Yes momonga does a lot of bad things but he's the protagonist of the story no matter how you look at it.
Already talked about that here:
Lunilah said:
yhunata said:
Where are the genre awards? Also, for VA, it should be language mixed, but differentiated by gender.

That makes him a villain protagonist, not an antagonist.
Evil =/= Antagonist. I was arguing that he does evil things as the poster said he doesn't, but it turns out he hasn't even finished season 1. As for whether he's an antagonist, i think the argument is an interesting one, but either way i don't think Momonga deserves to be even considered for any awards in the first place so i don't care that much myself.
If i were to get into it without knowing CR's justification, not that it matters, this is a consequence of them treating heroes and villains the same as protagonists and antagonists since they changed that distinction this year but seemingly without acknowledgement of the actual differences.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Jan 12, 2019 3:14 PM

Aug 2018
LiedElfen said:

I actually had trouble with that vote. The problem is that Momonga is by far the best character in that category. In every way.
I wasn't gonna give the vote to someone like All For One or Yuri just because Momonga might, technically, not be a valid entry. And if I wanted to vote for Overlord, it had to be there. Couldn't find it anywhere else.

I had similar problems with the Best Film nominees.
The Night is Short, Walk On Girl is the clear winner, but it's from early 2017! I sure as hell wasn't gonna vote for something like Fireworks (also 2017?) or Two Heroes just because the obvious choice was invalid.
If that movie doesn't win an award now, it never will.

Not that any of that matters, because My Hero Academia is gonna sweep those two awards, easy peasy.
Flesh_the_PikeJan 12, 2019 3:24 PM
Jan 12, 2019 3:21 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
LiedElfen said:
Johan_Liebert_ said:

Yeah man, seriously. All Might vs All for one wasn't as good as Deku vs Bakugou or Deku vs Muscular.

I'd highly argue that Deku vs Kacchan is very instrumental to those characters and themes of the story. But overall those other two fights are just much better animated and choreographed. I'm not downplaying AFO vs OFA but it didn't make me as emotional as the first time I read it. And I know why it wasn't as good but hey that's neither here nor there.
Jan 12, 2019 3:27 PM
Nov 2018
Stripes said:
LiedElfen said:

I'd highly argue that Deku vs Kacchan is very instrumental to those characters and themes of the story. But overall those other two fights are just much better animated and choreographed. I'm not downplaying AFO vs OFA but it didn't make me as emotional as the first time I read it. And I know why it wasn't as good but hey that's neither here nor there.

Deku vs Kacchan was an important fight for them but it wasn't anywhere as important and instrumental as All Might last battle, that moment is by far the most important in the entire series so far, and in any case i found it nuch better than in the manga because i think that was a fight that would look especially good animated.
Jan 12, 2019 3:30 PM

Feb 2010
@TodAboT
Mononga doesn't do evil shit.

besides organ harvesting, murdering thousands of people. subjection of innocent village. sure totally not evil >_>

moving on

voice actor i gave it to Mamoru Miyano because that was just off the chain.

best antagonist i have it to Akane Shinjo since she was a more relatable antagonist while all for one motive seemed plain
that being said i gave All for One vs All Might best fight of the year because that throw down was awesome.

Christopher Sabat did a great job with all might.

Mai Sakurajima best girl only because violet wasn't on the list >_>

Violet Evergarden for best director and animation. and anime of the year.

and Violet Evergarden for best protagonist. her character story left more a impact then most anime this year.

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind for best openning and character desgin.

Dragon Ball Super best continuing series.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jan 12, 2019 3:43 PM

Sep 2012
Illyricus said:
I like how they put Lily in Best Girl category instead of Sakura, the main character. Not subtle, Crunchyroll, not subtle at all.

Muh diversity.

Anyways here my two cents on the topic: Mostly better than last two years but at the end, this is a popularity contest and advertisement campaign. The sole reason for "less BNHA" is the last year. Not because of the juridical team.

Some "highlights":

- Momonga as an antagonist. *Insert Omegalul* Hey guys we need to pick someone evil for this category amirite?

- Deku as best boy again. Even r/anime doesn't put characters that won before. Good job.

- Everything I can say already said for Lily.

- No Kokkoku in best OPs?? Really?

- Best VA is really lackluster.

Btw mark my words. Deku won't win the best boi award because CR wants to show how diverse their awards are. It's just a gimmick.

Jan 12, 2019 4:34 PM

Nov 2016
Yumeko best protag?
Didn't that show come out in 2017? Or how does this work?
Jan 12, 2019 4:50 PM

Oct 2015
My Votes:

Best Protagonist: Rimuru Tempest
Best Antagonist: Tokushiro Tsurumi
Best Boy: Kotaro Tatsumi
Best Girl: Anzu
Best Opening: DARLING in the FRANXX
Best Ending: After the Rain
Best VA Performance JP: Mamoru Miyano
Best VA Performance EN:
Best Director: Atsuko Ishizuka
Best Animation: A Place Further Than the Universe
Best Film:
Best Character Design: ZOMBIE LAND SAGA
Anime of the Year: A Place Further Than the Universe

Best Fight Scene: All for One vs All Might
Best Continuing Series: March comes in like a lion

even tho I picked A Place Further Than the Universe for aoty, I hope Hinamatsuri takes it. xD best continuing series without Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan 2 as an option ? oof ... big oooooof.
Jan 12, 2019 4:51 PM
Jan 2017
For me personally, I thought the goal of the anime award was to celebrate the fandom and all the anime. So I am surprised 02 is not nominated for best girl when she is clearly really beloved. I mean say what you will about Darling in the Franxx, is definitely a mix bag, but the animation and design for the show is top notch, and 02 story did had some strong moment.

Also MHA s3 is arguably better than last season, so it is bizarre that it is not at least in the continuing anime list or best anime of the year.

It feel like they try to over-correct last year issues with MHA winning in places it had no right to win. But that was more due to the fact it was nominated in too many category other anime deserve more attention, and had two nominee in best boy and girl for some reason. Yet they also put Deku as best boy again for the third time in a row, which is bizarre.

But the biggest issue for me is them taking out best genre. Again this award can give attention to lesser shows, and having more categories that focus on the genre give them that attention. So I found that to be extremely disappointing

Also maybe I would not mind some popular anime not making it on the list, and them trying to be more critical if it wasn't for the nominee in the best movie. How the hell is Firework on the list is baffling. I mean lots of the nomination I can understand why they pick it if we going by merit. But Firework is easily consider to be one of the worst anime released in US theater. So that does take away from them trying to make it less of a popularity contest.

Also not to mention Zombie Land Saga is on the best anime of the year instead of anime that deserve more attention like Banana Fish or Bloom into you.

Honestly if we were going to take out a category, why not take out best boy and girl, op and ed credit.

I felt like with the second award season, they improve, and I thought they would improve this year. But aside for how they conducting the voting this time, they have somehow became worst.
Jan 12, 2019 4:55 PM

Apr 2011
No zero 2 for best girl, and no mitsuru for best boy?

I feel cheated.
Also, Tada Never Falls in Love isn't in here in any category but Zombie Girls is???

Trash.
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Jan 12, 2019 4:58 PM
Jan 2017
Also for all the people who are wondering why 2017 anime movie are on the list, is because they were released in limited theaters (excluding cons or special screening) in 2018 in the US. Otherwise the only way the people can watch those movie would be illegal streaming which they do not want to promote. I mean limited screening is still a pain in the ass as someone who goes to them, so I do not blame people for pirating XD.

The fact that Big Fish and Begonia, easily the best anime movie that came out in theater this year is not on the list, but Firework is on the list is just baffling. I mean I guess is the same level of wtf of the Boss Baby getting an oscar nomination XD. But still no Maquia when the promised flower bloom like you had other option than Fireworks. SMH. I might have been okay with it if 02 was nominated for best girl, but nope not even that.
jgames111Jan 12, 2019 5:05 PM
Jan 12, 2019 5:07 PM

Jul 2015
wait where is zero two
im tilted now
fk u crunchyroll

Well...
Jan 12, 2019 5:08 PM

Jun 2012
How to make Awards better.

1. Have 12 nominees for each category

2. Make it so that you can vote for every anime in a category by ranking them from 1st to 12th (or vote just 1 if you are a pleb) = Single transferable vote.

More nominees and single transferable vote. Fair and square.
Welcome to club: Anime that Should Continue
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37045
Jan 12, 2019 5:27 PM

Oct 2014
Malevolent-Fae said:
How to make Awards better.

1. Have 12 nominees for each category

2. Make it so that you can vote for every anime in a category by ranking them from 1st to 12th (or vote just 1 if you are a pleb) = Single transferable vote.

More nominees and single transferable vote. Fair and square.
There is barely enough competition to field 6 nominees, they should just remove the required amount.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Jan 12, 2019 6:02 PM

Dec 2016
Illyricus said:
I like how they put Lily in Best Girl category instead of Sakura, the main character. Not subtle, Crunchyroll, not subtle at all.
Well, Sakura is nice but she isn't that likable, she is just "what the avarage person would do" kinda of character.

But yes, CR wants to make a point/start a fight too, and they already made it even if she lose (and probably will because Idol trash aren't near as bad as shounen fags).
heh.
Jan 12, 2019 7:16 PM

Nov 2014
Kinda surprised how some are on here like honda-san even though it didn't get much recognition. Wondering how these animes were chosen though since some make sense and others.

Hoping Violet wins for best animation though!
Jan 12, 2019 7:27 PM

Apr 2018
Everyone's pretty much said everything that's wrong.

My main wtf is Kakegurui being nominated. Both should be disqualified. Not that it's bad. It stands a fair chance at winning, except for the fact that it came out in 2017
Jan 12, 2019 7:53 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
My picks :
- Best Protagonist: Rimuru Tempest
- Best Antagonist: Tokushiro Tsurumi
- Best Boy: Kotaro Tatsumi
- Best Girl: Asirpa
- Best OP : Pop Team Epic (fuck off Aggretsuko, where the fuck is Kokkoku crunchyroll ??)
- Best ED : FLCL Alternative (Asobi Asobase got snubbed)
- Best VA performance (JP): Mamoru Miyano (almost went for Reina Ueda)
- Best VA Performance (EN): Didnt vote lol
- Best Director: Masaaki Yuasa
- Best Animation: Violet Evergarden (obviously)
- Best Film: The Night is Short, Walk on Girl (This nomination list is the biggest joke of all, they put that critically panned fireworks and the Mazinger Z no one gave a shit instead of Maquia lol.)
- Best Character Design: Zombieland Saga
- Best Fight Scene: All for One vs All Might (why Anzu vs Hina tho, theres was better scenes than that for the anime (the very first scene of Hinamatsuri) or more deserving anime than that, like Revue Starlight, Sirius the Jaeger or Levi VS Kenny in AoT S3)
- Best Continuing Series: March comes in Like a Lion obviously.
- Anime of the Year: Hinamatsuri

Pretty mixedbag nominations as usual. Really sad to see that they got rid of OSTs and Genres category. That's dumb.

DoubleJEspejwan6 said:

My main wtf is Kakegurui being nominated. Both should be disqualified. Not that it's bad. It stands a fair chance at winning, except for the fact that it came out in 2017

Yeah but it was legally available on Netflix in the West only in 2018 so for them that counts.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 12, 2019 8:11 PM

Jun 2015
I'm pissed that there isn't more Golden Kamuy nominations.
Read Toriko!
Jan 12, 2019 8:27 PM

Oct 2014
I voted for everything Jojo and Yuasa. Everything else isn't worth a vote.
Jan 12, 2019 8:33 PM
Jan 2017
DoubleJEspejwan6 said:

Legally it was available in the US because Netflix are asshole who take anime hostage and make their ruin some anime popularity.
Jan 12, 2019 11:00 PM

Apr 2015
My votes:

Best Protagonist: Retsuko. She is my child. Yumeko almost got me though.
Best Antagonist: Ryo, no contest.
Best Boy: Haida. God, can it please not be Deku? He won Best Hero two years in a row already, and last year a BNHA character won in this category.
Best Girl: Anzu. Lotta good girls this year. I'll be happy for any one of them.
Best Opening Theme: It was really close between Kakegurui, Pop Team Epic, and Aggretsuko, but I ultimately went with Kakegurui.
Best Ending Sequence: FLCL Alternative, I guess? Don't really pay attention to EDs.
Best VA (EN and JP): I voted for Retsuko in both. Looking back, maybe I should have picked a different one for one of the categories.
Best Director: Yuasa. Good choices here, but Yuasa prevails.
Best Animation: Devilman Crybaby. I dunno, maybe I should've went with Violet Evergarden. I just really didn't want it to sweep the show.
Best Film: Mirai. It's the only one I saw, and it's very good. But where the hell is Maquia? I haven't even seen it and I know it needs to be here more than Mazinger Z and Fireworks.
Best Character Design: Aggretsuko. Furry pride 2019
Anime of the Year: Hinamatsuri. Solid 9/10, though I might have had to vote for Aggretsuko if it was in this category.

Best Fight Scene: Hina vs. Anzu. Legendary.
Best Continuing Series: 3-gatsu. Come on, it's 3-gatsu. Oml if Black Clover or something wins I'm never participating in this stupid-ass awards ever again.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jan 13, 2019 12:51 AM

Mar 2017
prophet_dan said:
red-tomato said:
should've just removed the 'only certain series' so we could actually see the public's opinion.

anyway, crunchyroll is shit so yeah

the public's opinion is what ruined the 2016 anime awards
that wasn't what I intended but you have a point. It should've been "so we could have more options"

then again, these awards don't actually mean anything aside from starting a saltfest
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Jan 13, 2019 1:16 AM
Jan 2012
I can't even tell who's at fault. It's vote based, isn't it? Is everything vote based, or does Crunchyroll decide the nominees at the very least?

I feel like a lot of this would be fixed by just straight up removing the word "best" from all of this. This is never about the best of the anime industry, it's about what's the most popular. Which is fine, not ragging on the mainstream, but they should at describe it properly.
Jan 13, 2019 1:23 AM
Jun 2017
this is one weird year, there nominees are solid, but lacking. This year just have so many freaking awesome shows. They would have to extend the nominees list quite a bit to include them all
Jan 13, 2019 7:16 AM

May 2014
So sad Maquia is not on the list ;_; Was it not eligible for some licensing reason? (yet Mirai no Mirai is on there..)
Jan 13, 2019 3:42 PM
Jul 2018
ah yes the Anime awards now featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series
Jan 13, 2019 4:32 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Kisaragi said:
So sad Maquia is not on the list ;_; Was it not eligible for some licensing reason? (yet Mirai no Mirai is on there..)

Eleven Arts had it in theaters here in September and Mirai came out last month from GKIDS so I have no clue why they didn't include it.....like they really could've excluded Fireworks....
Jan 13, 2019 4:45 PM

Oct 2018
I'm sort of bothered by Agretsuko being nominated so much, like I enjoyed the anime but it came out in 2016 and even if it did get popular in 2018 because of Netflix, it doesn't need to be nominated for that many categories.

I just voted for Ryo for best antagonist, Asirpa for best girl, and Hinamatsuri for anime of the year.

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Jan 14, 2019 1:36 AM

May 2015
It should be open voting and have a genre section. This year feels worse than last. At least HeroAca is not winning AOTY.
Jan 14, 2019 5:17 AM

Sep 2017
Zero Two not nominated for Best Girl
Bunny Girl Senpai not nominated for AOTY...
I have no words
Are we really gonna make it..?
Jan 15, 2019 9:30 PM

Jul 2016
Better late than never...

My votes were:

Best Protagonist - Sakuta Azusagawa (Not my first choice but since the others weren't of my liking either...)
Best Antagonist - Tokushiro Tsurumi
Best Boy - Sakuta Azusagawa
Best Girl - Anzu (A very tough one but Anzu deserves all the best)
Best Opening Sequence - Pop Team Epic (As much as I hated the anime, its OP was great)
Best Ending Sequence - Attack on Titan Season 3
Best VA Performance (JP) - Mamoru Miyano (This guy surely loves his job xD)
Best VA Performance (EN) - Christopher Sabat (Picked by default since I've only watched a few eps. of HeroAca)
Best Director - Atsuko Ishizuka for A Place Further Than the Universe
Best Animation - Violet Evergarden
Best Film - Liz and the Blue Bird
Best Character Design - Violet Evergarden

Anime of the Year - A Place Further Than the Universe

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Best Fight Scene - Naruto & Sasuke vs Momoshiki
Best Continuing Series - The Ancient Magus’ Bride

Personal opinions:
- There should be more categories since that way, there would be more opportunities for other series such as Bloom Into You, Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight, Yuru Camp△, Banana Fish and Asobi Asobase, for example.

- Kakegurui being nominated is a waste since it's from 2017, no matter when CR decided to simulcast it.

- Despite being comedy, Hina Kino did a great job as Hanako (Asobi Asobase), it really surprised me that she wasn't even nominated. The same goes for Bakugou's VA too.

- I wouldn't know where to put her but I think Historia (Shingeki no Kyojin) deserved a nomination for the importance and development she had in the third season.

- Hina vs. Anzu can't be consider a fight... If they really wanted to put Hinamatsuri in that category, they should have picked the fight from the first and last episode, Mao vs. the monks.
SouthRzVaJan 15, 2019 9:47 PM
Jan 16, 2019 10:21 AM

Nov 2010
My votes:

Best Protagonist: Retsuko (Aggretsuko)
Best Antagonist: Ryo Asuka (Devilman Crybaby)
Best Boy: Izuku Midoriya (My hero academia season 3)
Best Girl: Anzu (Hinamatsuri)
Best Opening Sequence: Pop team Epic (Pop Team Epic- Sumire Uesaka /Chihiro Sato)
Best Ending Sequence: Attack on Titan Season 3 (Akatsuki no requim- Linked Horizon / Satoshi Kadowaki)
Best VA performance (JP): Rareko as Retsuko in Aggretsuko
Best VA performance (ENG): Erica Mendez as Retsuko in Aggretsuko
Best Director: Masaaki Yuasa (Devilman Crybaby)
Best Animation: Violet Evergarden (Studio: Kyoto Animation)
Best Film: Mirai of the Future
Best Character Design: Violet Evergarden (by Akiko Takase)
Anime of the Year: Devilman Crybaby
Best Fight Scene: Satan vs Devilman (Devilman crybaby)
Best Continuing Series: One Piece

It was bit hard to decide cause I haven't seen most of stuff and didn't have time to watch it either, so had to go bit with feeling I have got of the anime from what people have talked and some visual stuff I have seen like amvs or so. Ended up giving quite lot to Devilman Crybaby, plan to watch it later hopefully it's good and deserved my votes xd
Jan 16, 2019 3:56 PM

Dec 2012
Asobi Asobase and SAO Alternative ignored.

I'm good.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Jan 16, 2019 4:16 PM

Sep 2017
I see they're going inclusive with Lily as "girl", oof!

Decide once every certain number of years which members of the ruling class will oppress and crush the people in parliament: this is the true essence of bourgeois parliamentarism, not only in the constitutional parliamentary monarchies but in the most democratic republics
- The State and Revolution (September 1917), Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov "Lenin".
Jan 16, 2019 4:24 PM

Mar 2016
MeIancholy said:
I have no words
Thank god that bunny garbage isn't even nominated. It actually gave Crunchroll Awards a bit of legitimacy.
NANACHO FOR PRESIDENT
Jan 16, 2019 5:04 PM

Sep 2017
Vecko said:
MeIancholy said:
I have no words
Thank god that bunny garbage isn't even nominated. It actually gave Crunchroll Awards a bit of legitimacy.

I'd like to hear your opinion as to why you think bunny girl senpai shouldn't have been nominated. I'm really curious because I have yet to see legitimate criticism towards the show.
SoulvakiJan 16, 2019 5:11 PM
Jan 16, 2019 6:45 PM

Mar 2016
MeIancholy said:
Vecko said:

I'd like to hear your opinion as to why you think bunny girl senpai shouldn't have been nominated. I'm really curious because I have yet to see legitimate criticism towards the show.

These reviews pretty much sums them.
https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=296938
https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=296933
In fact most negative reviews share the same sentiments. Shit art/animation, boring copypaste self-insert protagonist, in his quest to at least make it appear different from monogatari, the neckbeard author deviced a main plot point called "adolescence syndrome" that boils down to "m'lady is self-conscious and it somehow creates an abnormal phenomenon because quantum physics". Basically a dumber uglier boring monogatari.
If this kind of shit the author pulled out his ass is aoty then animu is officially dead.
Why I hate it personally is because I'd normally drop shit like this after 3 episodes but the high praise it gets made me hope the next episode is gonna be mind blowing. I hate it fuck.
NANACHO FOR PRESIDENT
Jan 16, 2019 7:00 PM

Sep 2017
Vecko said:
MeIancholy said:

These reviews pretty much sums them.
https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=296938
https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=296933
In fact most negative reviews share the same sentiments. Shit art/animation, boring copypaste self-insert protagonist, in his quest to at least make it appear different from monogatari, the neckbeard author deviced a main plot point called "adolescence syndrome" that boils down to "m'lady is self-conscious and it somehow creates an abnormal phenomenon because quantum physics". Basically a dumber uglier boring monogatari.
If this kind of shit the author pulled out his ass is aoty then animu is officially dead.
Why I hate it personally is because I'd normally drop shit like this after 3 episodes but the high praise it gets made me hope the next episode is gonna be mind blowing. I hate it fuck.

Well I actually agree with you about how the show looks animation wise and the whole "adolescence syndrome"thing. But after watching this it's easy to see how much time and effort went into this anime. The dialogue is so engaging and entertaining, with everyone being a sarcastic smartass trying to outwit each other, mainly referencing Mai and Sakuta. All in all at the end of the day people are entitled to their own opinion, but I just wanted to shed some light on why this show isn't completely garbage like some people say
Jan 16, 2019 7:11 PM
Jul 2018
While they did improve on the nominees per show part, the choice of nominees however, not so much. There are 3 things that pissed me of about the awards.

1. They removed the genre categories as well as best sequel. There were a lot of sequels that came out in 2018 so why the hell did they remove it?
  2. They left out some other shows such as Cells at Work, Goblin Slayer and basically every returning sequel out there (like Full Metal Panic, To Aru and even SAO)
  3. The most disappointing categories this year (to me) was both the OP's and ED's had nominees that I barely even heard of or liked.
  4. If there's one thing I'm really happy about, is that Zero Two wasn't nominated for best girl.

Anyways, here are my picks.

Best Protagonist: Violet Evergarden
Best Antagonist: All for One
Best Boy: Kotaro Tatsumi
Best Girl: Mai Sakurajima
Best Opening: Kakegurui - this was the only nominated OP I liked
Bets Ending: AOT S3 - there were better ED's this year that weren't even nominated!
Best Japanese VA: Mamoru Miyano as Kotaro Tatsumi
Best English VA: Erica Mendez as Retsuko
Best Direction: Violet Evergarden
Best Animation: Violet Evergarden
Best Film: Mirai - I haven't seen any of the movies so I randomly just picked this one since it was nominated for a Golden Globe
Best Character Design: Aggretsuko - because it's the most unique out of all of them
Anime of the Year: Violet Evergarden - Am I a bit biased here?
Best Fight: All Might vs All For One
Best Continuing Series: One Piece - the only long running shonen I care about
Jan 16, 2019 7:55 PM

Jun 2014
Just now remembered to check back to see nominations and vote.

As always, the selection is extremely narrow, and the same 3-4 series appear on most categories. Kinda disappointed they didnt continue doing "best ___ genre" -- those at least gave a chance to a wider variety of anime to get a little spotlight. *Sigh* maybe another day, Yuru Camp and After the Rain

Im VERY satisfied that Grand Blue scored ZERO nominations, and Banana Fish only got 1 or 2.

My predictions-- AOTY / most awards will go to Sora Yorimoi or Devilman Crybaby. Zombieland will be a very close 3rd place, or possibly even 2nd place. Violet Evergarden and Megalobox will be distant shadows in 4th and 5th place, respectively. // When Devilman Crybaby was first released, everyone was calling it "AOTY" and it was only January; I think the outcome of this year's awards will depend largely on how many people still believe that, and I have no clue how many people still think that way. Sora Yorimoi is by far overrated and has a huge devout fanbase; however, now there seems to be plenty of people who agree that it is overrated; so IDK how that will turn out either. Then Zombieland will be the wildcard that has the potential to wedge its way into 2nd or even 1st place. Zombieland had a huge hype train wave at the end of the year, but also seemed to have haters as well.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Muskoku Tensei is the antithesis of Evangelion ( 1 2 )

ShuisBased2 - Jan 15

66 by PostMahouShoujo »»
4 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 11 hours ago

38 by Absurdo_N »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime and Time Management

LenRea - Yesterday

17 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
22 minutes ago

» Anime Clubs in College

Peach_Main - 9 hours ago

9 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
24 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - Yesterday

41 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.