Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 14 Discussion

Jan 14, 9:25 PM

Hatsuyuki said:
I am so disconnected with this show like I'm watching it but I'm not feeling anything man. Something definitely went wrong in season 3.

Agreed. What's more, I rewatched previous seasons (including Railgun besides the bullshit arc in S2) before this aired and I'm still, as you said, completely disconnected.

Jan 15, 11:12 AM
So... All that talk of Curtana Original's 'pandimentional' attack.. is basically producing man-sized cheese blocks in exactly two shapes (square and triangle)... Which can be sliced into pieces by swords...

One of many things that this series is bothering me is, that the show is not doing any justice for saints supersonic movements... It is almost like their body movement speed automatically readjust according to whoever the opponent is

Jan 15, 12:41 PM
ahrrhd153 said:
One of many things that this series is bothering me is, that the show is not doing any justice for saints supersonic movements... It is almost like their body movement speed automatically readjust according to whoever the opponent is
It reminds me a little of dragon ball and its power levels, when a character becomes stronger it also gets faster and when a stronger one comes it is even faster than the previous one

Jan 15, 7:53 PM

Fede_5000 said:
ahrrhd153 said:
It reminds me a little of dragon ball and its power levels, when a character becomes stronger it also gets faster and when a stronger one comes it is even faster than the previous one

Lack of animation talent hurts, they can't draw the proper speed or how the character powers work, so it becomes confusing and vague in the anime.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough

Jan 16, 1:14 PM
IZEROII said:
Hatsuyuki said:
I am so disconnected with this show like I'm watching it but I'm not feeling anything man. Something definitely went wrong in season 3.

Agreed. What's more, I rewatched previous seasons (including Railgun besides the bullshit arc in S2) before this aired and I'm still, as you said, completely disconnected.

I did exactly the same thing and feel exactly the same way. Rewatched everything before this season and still feel completely confused. I'm so glad I am not the only one.

Jan 16, 9:40 PM

Fuck me this episode was ungodly cringe.
❀桜舞う空~        @ping me for anime clarifications.        CosmoGenesis Project

Yesterday, 7:46 PM
Touma, the original One Punch Man.

Today, 2:57 AM
Supreme Tsundere

animejas said:
That was a mediocre end to a poorly handled arc from what I assume. I really need to read the LNs one day...

Well, dont bother for this arc though, it was not really one of the best neither.
Most of Touma arcs in the LN suffer a bit of pacing issues, when Accelerator and other cast, and science is brought in, things usually get real.
Dont get me wrong Touma had some nice arcs too, but the LN clearly is at its best when you have alot of different PoV going on, and you can see both magic and science going at it.
Modified by Playcool, Today, 3:02 AM

Today, 7:18 AM
Playcool said:
animejas said:
That was a mediocre end to a poorly handled arc from what I assume. I really need to read the LNs one day...

Well, dont bother for this arc though, it was not really one of the best neither.
Most of Touma arcs in the LN suffer a bit of pacing issues, when Accelerator and other cast, and science is brought in, things usually get real.
Dont get me wrong Touma had some nice arcs too, but the LN clearly is at its best when you have alot of different PoV going on, and you can see both magic and science going at it.

But, this literally isn't his arc though?
The one who was in the spotlight was Aqcua.
However, I do disagree. Since this arc is very important for the climax at the end of OT.

5 hours ago
Supreme Tsundere

TomHazard said:
Playcool said:

However, I do disagree. Since this arc is very important for the climax at the end of OT.

It is heavy focused on Touma, he is the only MC here, other 2 dont appear, yes you have Acqua going on and all, but Touma also had alot of scenes.
When Touma is involved, there is almost always magic side, and the magic side most of the times suffers from pacing issues IMO, this happens alot cuz Kazuma likes to write 2 volumes for some arcs, sweet, but some feels too dragged due to this also, shit is happening, it is just not interesting.
Worst example was festival arc around 9-10, for those arcs I m actually glad the pacing is faster on the anime, whereas clearly vol15 deserved alot more of love.

Was not saying if this arc was relevant or not for WWIII, just saying, it is far from the best arcs, it drags too much, it does it to give more development to other characters, and it pays off, but there are also times where it is just boring to read.

4 hours ago

lol it looks like Touma was threatened by all the main characters appearing and out of fear of becoming a side character he punched that woman's face like a boss.

4 hours ago
Playcool said:
TomHazard said:

It is heavy focused on Touma, he is the only MC here, other 2 dont appear, yes you have Acqua going on and all, but Touma also had alot of scenes.
When Touma is involved, there is almost always magic side, and the magic side most of the times suffers from pacing issues IMO, this happens alot cuz Kazuma likes to write 2 volumes for some arcs, sweet, but some feels too dragged due to this also, shit is happening, it is just not interesting.
Worst example was festival arc around 9-10, for those arcs I m actually glad the pacing is faster on the anime, whereas clearly vol15 deserved alot more of love.

Was not saying if this arc was relevant or not for WWIII, just saying, it is far from the best arcs, it drags too much, it does it to give more development to other characters, and it pays off, but there are also times where it is just boring to read.

Being the only MC doesn't make this volume only focusing on him. Yes, he had a lot of scenes but, that doesn't mean he's on the spotlight.
I disagree with you about the pacing. Simply put, you are not interested in myth, religious and Thelema. For you, it's boring which is why it influenced your opinion on the pacing. In addition, lacking knowledge when it comes to the Aeon system and Thelema bullshit magic which is why this series isn't for everyone. Since Kamachi isn't going to guide you while holding your hand, that's why you need to search a ton of information on your own.
To be honest with you, OT15 was totally fine and got the best fight animation this season(Minus the stupid visual effects) on the other hand Brexit got affected by the creativity of the comedic director.

And frankly, if you didn't like OT17 & OT18 the home of magic and the birthplace of greatest magician Aleister Crowley, then you will defiantly drop the New Testament at some point. Since the 2 volumes are the introduction of everything.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]