Forum Settings
Forums
Jan 11, 12:35 AM
When it comes to Anime, little sisters form an integral part of fanservice and their cuteness becomes an enjoyable icing on the cake throughout the episodes.
Sagiri, Kobato, Mikan, Shiro, Komachi, Kirino.....The list never seems to end. We can't help but fall in love with them.

Many a times, little sisters are the major contributors to the plot of the anime while there are some anime that are entirely dedicated to the existence of little sisters. It's a tough job for the manga and light novel authors to bring out their adorable personalities and it's even tougher for the anime studios to bring them to life and add a little more excitement to our viewing experience. Voice actors too play a very important role to give them their iconic fantastic voice that we all yearn for.
Although sometimes little sisters become a part of incest, but their importance becomes even more vital to project the loathable customs of the society.

So what do you feel? Who's your favorite 'Imouto'?

Jan 11, 1:03 AM
AnimeboyAnubhab said:
When it comes to Anime, little sisters form an integral part of fanservice and their cuteness becomes an enjoyable icing on the cake throughout the episodes.
Sagiri, Kobato, Mikan, Shiro, Komachi, Kirino.....The list never seems to end. We can't help but fall in love with them.

Many a times, little sisters are the major contributors to the plot of the anime while there are some anime that are entirely dedicated to the existence of little sisters. It's a tough job for the manga and light novel authors to bring out their adorable personalities and it's even tougher for the anime studios to bring them to life and add a little more excitement to our viewing experience. Voice actors too play a very important role to give them their iconic fantastic voice that we all yearn for.
Although sometimes little sisters become a part of incest, but their importance becomes even more vital to project the loathable customs of the society.

You missed best girl from last season

https://myanimelist.net/character/151021/Kaede_Azusagawa

SHAME

Jan 11, 1:17 AM

Gonna go with the fire sisters. Tsukihi, if I am to pick one

Jan 11, 1:21 AM

Nanoka Kohinata from Koi Kaze because she acts at least somewhat believable and the show actually dares to break the taboo in a sensitive way instead of using it as a silly running gag.

Modified by Zarutaku, Jan 11, 1:38 AM
"We on earth have just awakened to the great oceans of space and time from which we have emerged.
We are the legacy of 14 billion years of cosmic evolution and we have a choice: we can enhance life and come to know
the universe that made us or we can squander our heritage in meaningless self-destruction."

- Carl Sagan, Cosmos: A Personal Voyage Ep.01

Kousuke Sugimoto = Masaaki Yuasa of anime music videos (check out Korekuraide Utau, Tooryanse and The TV Show).

Jan 11, 1:37 AM
ecchiharemgeek said:
AnimeboyAnubhab said:

You missed best girl from last season

https://myanimelist.net/character/151021/Kaede_Azusagawa

SHAME
Even though I said that the list is endless, but nevertheless, thank you for mentioning her. Yeah, it's a shame!

Jan 11, 1:39 AM
Whoa, great choices...Now these are some good sisters...

Jan 11, 1:41 AM
more like my ideal woman ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 11, 2:34 AM

Kyon's sister! She doesn't even have her own name, she's just Kyon's imouto!

Jan 11, 2:37 AM

The only imouto i like is She, but to be honest i'm not a big fan of them.
Nënshkrimi u hoq. Ju lutem ndiqni rregullat e nënshkrimit, siç përcaktohet në Udhëzimet për Site & Forum.

Jan 11, 2:41 AM

Yuzuru Nishimiya is a bro. I'd be happy if she got my back. What's not to like?

Sturgeon's Law Ghetto Corollary:
A "respectable" genre of fictional media will always be judged by the 10% of good works,
but a stigmatized genre will always be judged by the 90% of bad works.

Jan 11, 2:55 AM

Best imouto - Sayla Mass aka Artesia Rem Deikun.

Jan 11, 3:10 AM

Most times I find it lame because it tends to come across as a crass and lazy way to appeal to an audience. And they tend to be so poorly constructed that I hesitate to consider them characters in a more meaningful sense. It often makes me cringe. Most recently I watched Bunny Senpai, and how it explains why they are both living alone was kinda ridiculous to me. Overall it was alright, though. And anyway, to each their own.

Jan 11, 3:21 AM

Onee-samas > little shits

And that is a fact!

Jan 11, 3:51 AM

MahoMaho88 said:
Onee-samas > little shits

And that is a fact!

This guy knows what's up. Imoutos are for boys, onee-sans are for men.

Jan 11, 3:52 AM

It is a refreshing perspective coming from western media where siblings are often just adversaries who tolerate eachother.

Jan 11, 4:08 AM

I don't think it's a plot device, more like a fanservice cliche device, you know like that girl running with bread in her mouth. I don't like this and I try to avoid anime with sexy imouto that want to ride onii-chan. My fav would be Sugu.
"Even if there's a wide world and stories beyond the main focus, I don't think it's necessary
to end with the protagonist having been involved in everything." - Yagi Norihiro

Jan 11, 5:25 AM

I think they try too hard to be cute, which is annoying.

Guru_guru_guru said:
It is a refreshing perspective coming from western media where siblings are often just adversaries who tolerate eachother.

that is miles better than the incest bait cancer we get in anime.
alshu said:
Best imouto - Sayla Mass aka Artesia Rem Deikun.

Not a fan of her, but thats true since she doesn't lust after her own brother Char like many imoutos do.

Jan 11, 5:36 AM
MahoMaho88 said:
Onee-samas > little sister

Why not both

For me shiro- no game no life
A intellectual to play video games/watch anime/ read manga & light novels with
Modified by ecchiharemgeek, Jan 11, 6:08 AM

Jan 11, 6:03 AM

It's always Takanashi Rikka, Oumae Kumiko, Ayase Chihaya, Kawamoto Hinata, Kagura, Tsukishima Aoba, Nishizumi Miho, Oomiya Shinobu, Kinomoto Sakura, Lenalee Lee, Elucia, Nase Mitsuki, Natsume Rin, Koshigaya Natsumi, Tsukamoto Yakumo, Shiro, Yukinoshita Yukino and Kagamihara Nadeshiko.

Jan 11, 7:16 AM

DepravedMagi said:

Not a fan of her, but thats true since she doesn't lust after her own brother Char like many imoutos do.

Yayyy, finally someone got my point.

Jan 11, 7:22 AM
Sometimes I hate anime because they do fanservice with one's (Protagonist) sister and I really feel disgusted to watch it. I guess it's just me. But I really like the parts where the brother or sister will do everything in their power to protect them and I really like it...

Jan 11, 10:18 PM
Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks for your valuable replies.

Jan 12, 9:56 AM

No, usually they are bad, cliched additions that just end up being shoehorned into an overused role in order to appeal to the audience and add incestual undertones to the anime.

What's the difference?

Jan 12, 10:01 AM

Daemon said:
No, usually they are bad, cliched additions that just end up being shoehorned into an overused role in order to appeal to the audience and add incestual undertones to the anime.

Pretty much this. Most of the times they're used for incest jokes/undertones because that's what japanese dream about apparently.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Jan 12, 10:16 AM

This is a semi-common trope, though not really one I care much for.

Jan 12, 11:30 PM

Honestly I do think they're overused as this point. I don't really have a favourite either. Sorry. :( Maybe...Mei Sunohara from Clannad.

Jan 13, 6:17 AM

I dropped Bunny Girl Senpai as soon as I saw mc with his sister in his bed.
Because incest is even wronger than the announcement of Steve Harvey.

Jan 13, 7:17 AM

As long as people would not follow the things happening in a show then it's fine. Being influenced by incest in a fictional story is quite bothersome. No one in the right mind would have sexual/romantic interest... but there are some people so ehh.

My favorite imoutos are the Fire Sisters in the Monogatari series.

・・・・✪・・・・✪ ・・・・
★☆★D E S P A I R★☆★
・・・・✪・・・・✪ ・・・・
 ∧_∧
(。・ω・。)つ━☆・*。
⊂   ノ    ・゜+.
しーJ   °。+ *´¨)
  .· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·’* ⛧

・・・・✪・・・・✪ ・・・・
★☆★D E S P A I R★☆★
・・・・✪・・・・✪ ・・・・

Jan 17, 11:32 AM

For me the little sister trope is not especially a draw, though I don't mind it either. I've watched two anime in the last month that likely targeted fans of "little sister" anime and likely left them drooling: "Oreimo" and "Nakaimo".
Interested in the Best Anime YouTuber Tournament? Then watch this thread for updates.

Tournament now in progress. Click here to vote for your favorites (Reddit sign-in required).