Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 10, 2019 9:46 PM

Jul 2014
OMG so many waifus! I love their character designs and their seiyus............many of my favorite seiyus.

The one I liked the most was Itsuki, I don't know, I liked her personality + Inori Minase <3. The second would be Yotsuba, genki + Ayane Sakura... more please! Finally Miku, she hasn't stood out much but I liked what I saw, I see potential and she has all my attention.

So yeah, great start, the genres, synopsis, the girls' designs and their seiyus made it one of the series I was most looking forward to this season and it has definitely exceeded my expectations. Looking forward to more!
Jan 10, 2019 10:04 PM

Feb 2013
Bland as fuck. Be it the character design that is really bland even if I don't compare to the manga, the animation is mediocre and direction is bland. This shouldn't have 7.80, it should have 7.30 at best. Only the manga should have it as the anime is a bust on those questions I mentioned before.
Jan 10, 2019 10:14 PM
Jun 2017
I LOVE THE STORY, IT IS INTERESTING, FUN AND CUTE to watch with. i am enjoying this first episode so i'll watch the rest of this one...
Jan 10, 2019 10:16 PM

Oct 2017
Any manga reader here?I want to knw who the future bride is plz
Jan 10, 2019 10:17 PM

Jul 2016
Decent start. I need some harem anime this season, nice character intro.

Jan 10, 2019 10:21 PM

Sep 2016
Elecstar said:
CHC said:
I've read the manga and dropped it after around 5 or 6 chapters. So I wasn't expecting anything from this series, story-wise. Just wanna say the animation quality of this adaptation is pretty...mediocre.

This manga is one of the best romance manga i've ever read and definitely the best harem manga. The girls have god tier character development level and as time goes by you can't even decide who is best girl. The authors are really trying their best to make it different from other harems and they have achieved that. They do things the way they are supposed to be done ( Like Nino's Case ) and it's absolutely not a first girl win manga. I understand that you dropped it early but i highly recommend it and i think you should give it a second chance.

I haven't read the manga, but the first episode was pretty much just ok in my opinion. I don't think it will change my mind on the fact that the best harem anime is the Monogatari series.
I also got the impression that is really clear who's going to win at the end.
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I'm from Spain and I'm still learning english.
Jan 10, 2019 10:26 PM

Jan 2018
Sararia said:
Elecstar said:

This manga is one of the best romance manga i've ever read and definitely the best harem manga. The girls have god tier character development level and as time goes by you can't even decide who is best girl. The authors are really trying their best to make it different from other harems and they have achieved that. They do things the way they are supposed to be done ( Like Nino's Case ) and it's absolutely not a first girl win manga. I understand that you dropped it early but i highly recommend it and i think you should give it a second chance.

I haven't read the manga, but the first episode was pretty much just ok in my opinion. I don't think it will change my mind on the fact that the best harem anime is the Monogatari series.

Well, the first few ch of the manga are the worst imo even I dropped the manga because of this but it gets good later on.

Also, u can't say who's going to win for sure as the one who has read the manga.
Jan 10, 2019 10:30 PM

Sep 2016
Congintive said:
Sararia said:

Well, the first few ch of the manga are the worst imo even I dropped the manga because of this but it gets good later on.

Also, u can't say who's going to win for sure as the one who has read the manga.

I haven't dropped the anime, i thought it was worth giving it a chance, I also liked the MC, so I guess, I'll have to see where it goes.
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I'm from Spain and I'm still learning english.
Jan 10, 2019 10:35 PM

Jul 2011
Sararia said:

Best romance manga is a stretch and quite the exaggeration, but to we do not need to compare this with monogatari since besides both series falling to harem they are remotely different from one another.
The great thing I have to say about this series is that it knows how to keep us readers/watchers guessing. It does the harem name justice unlike nisekoi. It lets its heroines shine and make a believable case for each one being the end girl.
Jan 10, 2019 10:44 PM

Apr 2012
Sararia said:
Elecstar said:

Yeah, the harem is the official genre, but in the plot itself it is rather weakly expressed. Damn, at the time of 90% of the chapters left, only one of the sisters was in love with him.
Jan 10, 2019 11:03 PM
Apr 2014
Looks good so far. I wonder how far will the anime adapt.
Jan 11, 2019 12:39 AM
Feb 2012
this anime is a lie because no family in Japan will ever have big tit quintuplets
Jan 11, 2019 12:45 AM
Varangian Guard

Mar 2015
Wow, the girls are so... generic. But hey, I still enjoyed it.
Jan 11, 2019 12:51 AM

Jan 2008
Perso—oh wait, wrong harem anime.

But it really is like watching Yu, if he lacked the charisma and the natural ability to make friends. Must be the ahoge.

Pretty unusual to put the ending at the beginning with a wedding scene (even in the title), but I suppose it works when they all have identical faces so you don't know which one (because the unknown bride's hair is more of a wine-red/Maroon 5 maroon color which doesn't match any of the 5). At any rate, looks like it's the journey to the end that matters the most here.

It'll be fun seeing which one will win the the ring so to speak, even though it'd most likely going to be the first girl as it usually is in these types of series, though there are some exceptions to the norm. Excited to see more.
Jan 11, 2019 12:54 AM

Feb 2018
Wow ecchi harem it's so good,5 sister xD.
Jan 11, 2019 2:12 AM
Sep 2016
Sararia said:
Elecstar said:

I don't think that you can call monogatari 100% harem cause araragi has a girlfriend from the 3rd or 4th episode. But yeah trust me you are gonna love this as the plot unfolds. In the start it's ok but as time goes by you are gonna fall for most of the girls unlike other harems.
Jan 11, 2019 2:27 AM

Mar 2016
i'm starting to get confused by what is the reason, that makes me not enjoying the first episode, is it because i have read the manga or the VA for the characters or even its because its adaptation into an anime. man, i like this series, just why?well, probably in the next episode i'll figure it out.
Jan 11, 2019 2:36 AM

Oct 2011
Elecstar said:

This comment had nothing to do with me but I just want to say that you have fully convinced me to read the manga. It also helped that I loved this first episode. The entire main cast and their interactions are so playful and engaging.
Jan 11, 2019 2:37 AM

Jul 2014
This first episode wasn't too bad or anything, but something about it definitely felt off, and I'm not entirely sure why yet. Plot doesn't seem terrible (implausible for sure, but it can at least be entertaining) but it's just not grabbed me yet.

I also bet it's gonna take several episodes before I actually remember which sister is which without having to look.
Jan 11, 2019 3:05 AM
Sep 2016
Jencube said:
Elecstar said:

This comment had nothing to do with me but I just want to say that you have fully convinced me to read the manga. It also helped that I loved this first episode. The entire main cast and their interactions are so playful and engaging.

I'm glad that you found my comment helpful. All i really want is to make people notice this masterpiece. I really apreciate it.
Jan 11, 2019 3:07 AM
Jul 2018
moestatic said:
i'm starting to get confused by what is the reason, that makes me not enjoying the first episode, is it because i have read the manga or the VA for the characters or even its because its adaptation into an anime. man, i like this series, just why?well, probably in the next episode i'll figure it out.

Voice acting of the characters seem pretty fine to me, but yes the artstyle will obviously feel downgrade compared to the art of the manga, and the animation is pretty bland. Still a decent episode.
Jan 11, 2019 4:34 AM

Aug 2013
Interesting twist on the harem approach. Well we know that he does marry one of the five sisters but given they are quintuplets, the question is which one? We're obviously not gonna find that out this season since it's one cour and just looking up the manga, it's 70ish chapters so far and still ongoing. So basically this adaptation is gonna bait hard.
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 11, 2019 4:40 AM
Oct 2018
Xaelath said:
Achaman said:
middle girl looks tsun so probable winner

Being in Manga that's very questionable ATM.

Although if it's a typical harem yes she would win by default.
Tsundere character sure be loved.

But for me at least Miku,Ichika is godsent.

Satisfied with just Miku and Ichika
Jan 11, 2019 4:48 AM

Nov 2016
It was ok.

aside from

-the fact that they shoved down our throat what a smart loner our MC is
- that the imouto had to break the ice(as always)
- the lazy introduction scenes of the females and their personalities

Only "liking" the "onee-san" so far and everyone that knows me shouldn't be surprised about that. She's also voiced by Hanazawa.

Far from a good start, but there are aspects that seem promising and I might enjoy it once I'm warm with the cast.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 11, 2019 4:51 AM

Nov 2011
Not bad. I put it off at first since it sounds like your usual harem but it's actually pretty fun.

Jan 11, 2019 5:33 AM

Mar 2017
It looks good. All characters were introduced. Opening song is fine.
Best voice cast.
Jan 11, 2019 5:38 AM

Jan 2011
All the girls sounds pretty good, but I hate that Fuutarou has the Kirito-kun voice.
Jan 11, 2019 6:12 AM

May 2017
just like other anime, not interested and boring stories.
Dropped 4/10
Jan 11, 2019 7:35 AM
Mar 2010
Which girl is the bride in a"dream"? Itsuki or Nino? Hair color is more like Nino. But cover and 1 ep more Itsuki focused. I can't tell.
Jan 11, 2019 7:41 AM

Jul 2013
I liked it. Main character so far looks good (especially thanks to Matsuoka's great performance), and the sisters look pretty hot. Hope it remains as fun as this episode.

Also, I'm the only one who confused the father of the main character for his older brother? He looks so young (and way hotter than MC himself, lmao).
Jan 11, 2019 7:46 AM
Jul 2018
Illyricus said:
I liked it. Main character so far looks good (especially thanks to Matsuoka's great performance), and the sisters look pretty hot. Hope it remains as fun as this episode.

Also, I'm the only one who confused the father of the main character for his older brother? He looks so young (and way hotter than MC himself, lmao).

Glad to see someone thought that, because I also felt the same about the father while reading the manga lol. Looking forward to how Fuutarou's no nonsense attitude will be reflected in the voice acting too.
Jan 11, 2019 7:48 AM

May 2018
Oooo this is my most awaiting this season I have read the manga first, so at least I know where this will going.

I know what it feels to have a private teacher that same class level as you are, very embarassing. It just like a group study but the smartest got paid.

Nice design. Very lovely for all of the girls. Nice to see Hanazawa Kana voicing for my favourite Ichika, fits her oneesan personality. Also the rest 4 got perfect seiyuu,too.

The ending is very very neat, answering all question about it. So for you who already read the manga, you know that there're some epilogue with future fuutarou's bride like what you have seen in the ending of this ep. There's a dialogue there, and here they choose to not using voice, just a text. So, fuutarou's bride is still a mystery. Hahaha, nice job Tezuka.
Jan 11, 2019 7:52 AM

Sep 2013
Now i know why they colored the other 4 hair beside Yotsuba more or less looks similar. The v.a's doesn't sound convincing though somehow. I can't explain but it sounds "fake" or more like not a good marriage between the character and the v.a to me.
CaltsioJan 11, 2019 8:06 AM
"... Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."
Jan 11, 2019 8:24 AM
May 2018
Well I was about to discard it as another "HAREM" anime. But man the story, artwork are awesome especially the female MCs are just too cute. Each have an unique personality than the the other. So dealing with them won't be easy for the MC but will be fun for us. Can't wait for the next episode
Jan 11, 2019 8:26 AM

May 2018
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
best show winter 2019

fite me

now the question is who is best girl?

The little sister of course
Jan 11, 2019 8:33 AM

May 2017
SPOILER ALERT!!

The very first beginning when they show the bride against the mirror...

That's a big set of foreshadowing...

Could we have a complete harem ending?
Jan 11, 2019 8:40 AM

Nov 2017
My God that was absolute trash!!!! Beyond pathethic. I guess the harem genre is done for me.
Jan 11, 2019 8:52 AM

Mar 2017
Is it just me or Minase Inori really sounds completely different from her usual voice?

Also her singing voice at the beginning sounds like Taneda Risa.
BlueIsLoveJan 11, 2019 9:28 AM
Jan 11, 2019 8:53 AM

Jan 2018
TheRandomCritic said:
SPOILER ALERT!!

The very first beginning when they show the bride against the mirror...

That's a big set of foreshadowing...

Could we have a complete harem ending?

Not in the anime though.
Jan 11, 2019 9:00 AM

Jan 2016
I enjoyed this a lot better than I expected, the MC has proper motivation and a goal. The art is okay, the animation is inconsistent at best.

Wasshio said:

I completely forgot rip.

I meant Yotsuba.

Lmao.

Yes, for a second I felt bad that no one else thought she was best girl...
Jan 11, 2019 9:07 AM

Mar 2017
ButadonMeitantei said:
I enjoyed this a lot better than I expected, the MC has proper motivation and a goal. The art is okay, the animation is inconsistent at best.

Wasshio said:

I completely forgot rip.

I meant Yotsuba.

Lmao.

Yes, for a second I felt bad that no one else thought she was best girl...

I always love the "genki"-type Ayaneru, and she kinda reminds me of Iroha a little bit.
Jan 11, 2019 9:11 AM

Jul 2013
Swear they butchered the voicing
Jan 11, 2019 9:23 AM

May 2010
very enjoyable first episode;)
Jan 11, 2019 9:27 AM
Oct 2018
Isn't showing the hair colour of the bride a dead giveaway because in manga it was quite difficult to predict who it actually was even though we could debate endlessly on it...
Jan 11, 2019 9:27 AM

Aug 2018
woah this is awesome
Jan 11, 2019 9:32 AM

Mar 2017
narayan_puru said:
Isn't showing the hair colour of the bride a dead giveaway because in manga it was quite difficult to predict who it actually was even though we could debate endlessly on it...

I believe they're supposed to have the same red hair color but in anime you can't really put 5 really similar characters, they need to be made so the viewers can differentiate them but take my words with a grain of salt.
Jan 11, 2019 9:42 AM

Aug 2013
Gotoubun no Hanayome actually pretty smart picking the VA for the quintuplets
I have a hard time to distinguish one another, at least 3 of them
Jan 11, 2019 9:52 AM

Jan 2014
jeez, they shredded that 1st chapter to pieces :( i really liked a lot of the exchanges they cut.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2019 10:22 AM
Nov 2010
MagicalMahou said:
jeez, they shredded that 1st chapter to pieces :( i really liked a lot of the exchanges they cut.

It's only 12 episodes, what did you expect? They always have to adjust pacing and cut scenes to get to a 'conclusion' for the anime.

I agree with you about wishing they left more intact, there is a lot more nuance shown by the characters in some of those exchanges. Unfortunately, there are very few shows that are basically 100% faithful to the source (FMA:Brotherhood being one of them).
Jan 11, 2019 10:48 AM

Dec 2014
Well that was a good start...let's see where this goes
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

301 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 13, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

112 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 9, 6:45 AM

» My review of the 5-toubun no Hanayome

aTi - Apr 4

17 by ElmoBoredAsf »»
Apr 5, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

193 by Tiger_Tank-II »»
Mar 3, 1:40 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2019

128 by NoUsernamesIKnow »»
Feb 13, 8:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.