Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 10, 2019 4:59 AM

Jun 2015
I've always been a fan of old JRPGs on the Famicom and Super Famicom. I recently finished both Live-A-Live and Crystalis and thought they were fantastic! Highly recommended.

I'd be interest to hear what some of your favorites are!

๐Ÿ’– ๐ผ'๐“‚ ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“Ž๐’น๐‘’๐“ƒโฃ ๐Ÿ’–

โ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹†เญจเญงหš ๐Ÿ’ ๐’ฏ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐“‰๐‘’๐“‡ ๐Ÿ’ ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Š๐’ฏ๐“Š๐’ท๐‘’ ๐Ÿ’ หšเญจเญงโ‹†๏ฝกหš โ‹†
๐Ÿ’ ๐‘€๐“Ž๐น๐’พ๐‘”๐“Š๐“‡๐‘’๐’ž๐‘œ๐“๐“๐‘’๐’ธ๐“‰๐’พ๐‘œ๐“ƒ ๐Ÿ’
Jan 10, 2019 5:29 AM

Nov 2017
My favorites are the Final Fantasy VII series and the Kingdom Hearts series.
๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ?
๐˜'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ.

¡วษฏ ษฅส‡แด‰ส วษนวษฅ uแด‰ สžษ”nส‡s วษน,noโ…„
Jan 10, 2019 5:37 AM

Jun 2015
-Mikoto- said:

I still need to get around to Kingdom Hearts some day. Simple and Clean is one of my favorite video game songs of all time.

โ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹†เญจเญงหš ๐Ÿ’ ๐’ฏ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐“‰๐‘’๐“‡ ๐Ÿ’ ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Š๐’ฏ๐“Š๐’ท๐‘’ ๐Ÿ’ หšเญจเญงโ‹†๏ฝกหš โ‹†
๐Ÿ’ ๐‘€๐“Ž๐น๐’พ๐‘”๐“Š๐“‡๐‘’๐’ž๐‘œ๐“๐“๐‘’๐’ธ๐“‰๐’พ๐‘œ๐“ƒ ๐Ÿ’
Jan 10, 2019 6:21 AM

Nov 2017
karkki_ said:
-Mikoto- said:

I still need to get around to Kingdom Hearts some day. Simple and Clean is one of my favorite video game songs of all time.

You should. I highly recommend KH to you. I bet you'll get draged and drown into that amazing story. I can't believe that you haven't played a game of it. You'll have plenty of hours to enjoy in the future my friend.
๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ?
๐˜'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ.

¡วษฏ ษฅส‡แด‰ส วษนวษฅ uแด‰ สžษ”nส‡s วษน,noโ…„
Jan 10, 2019 9:19 AM
Jul 2018
Tales of vesperia

.Hack GU last recode

Legend of heroes series

persona 5 and 3

Chrono trigger

Kingdom hearts series

And valkyria chronicles 3 to name a few.
Jan 10, 2019 9:25 AM
Jul 2018
-Chrono Trigger
-Final Fantasy IV
-Dragon Quest IX

Definitely a genre I need to play more and intend to play more of though.
Jan 10, 2019 4:51 PM

Sep 2018
Dragon Quest VIII, though I haven't played that many JRPGs but I intend to start playing more.
Jan 10, 2019 5:03 PM

Jun 2015
xMx16 said:
-Chrono Trigger
-Final Fantasy IV
-Dragon Quest IX

Try out Terranigma if you enjoyed Chrono Trigger!

Jan 10, 2019 5:05 PM

Jul 2014
Persona 5's my all time favourite since it absolutely perfects the addictive albeit flawed Persona formula which was established in the third game and expanded upon in the fourth. Final Fantasy VII and Phantasy Star IV are also damn good.
Take care of yourself

Jan 10, 2019 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
karkki_ said:

I had never heard of that game before and looked it up and dang. Looks super cool :o
Jan 10, 2019 5:52 PM
Oct 2018
If you like SFC JRPG, I'd highly recommand Rudora no Hihou and Seiken Densetsu 3 (alternatively on switch with 1 and 2).

Rudora has a really fun (and extremely breakable) magic system and an amazing OST.

Also, some of my favorites series is Wild ARMs, especialy Alter Code F on PS2, the best remake ever. Also extremely breakable in hilarious ways (I spent like 20 minutes pressing X to level to 99 from 30 xD and that's without cheating).

I also really love Mana Khemia 1 and 2 from the Atelier Serie, they are on PS2 and really fun.

There's also Tales of Vesperia, which conventiantly comes out with all the extra stuff from the JP version. (I love the hell out of that one. I platinum'd the game twice on PS3 and did 100% on my friend's xbox and I still pre-ordered the switch version xD)
Jan 10, 2019 5:58 PM

Aug 2014
Objectively ranked:

FFIX
Suikoden II
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Everything else
Sieg Zeon!
Jan 10, 2019 6:31 PM

May 2013
FFVI/VII.
Tales of the Abyss/Tales of Phantasia.
SMT III: Nocturne.
Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross.
Xenogears/Xenosaga/Xenoblade (specially gears, my fav game).
Jan 10, 2019 7:04 PM

Aug 2009
Persona 4. Final Fantasy XV. And I like Tales of Berseria enough to not trash the Tales series as much as I used to.

Jan 10, 2019 7:09 PM

Nov 2011
karkki_ said:
xMx16 said:
-Chrono Trigger
-Final Fantasy IV
-Dragon Quest IX

Terranigmas probably my favorite. Also love Popful Mail. For turn based stuff theres Fire Emblem Seisen no keifu, Lunar Eternal Blue, and Shining Force 3 trilogy but i only finished half of it so far. Also I guess technically The Gaurdian heroes and The Guardian legend count as RPGs.
Jan 10, 2019 7:59 PM

Nov 2015
Aceynn said:
Tales of vesperia

.Hack GU last recode

Legend of heroes series

persona 5 and 3

Chrono trigger

Kingdom hearts series

Pretty much same I'll also be getting Fire Emblem and Vesperia on Switch. You should try Fire Emblem its really fun.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the [urlhttps://theglorioblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/swordart10ass.jpg=]Site & Forum Guidelines[/url].
Jan 10, 2019 8:54 PM

May 2018
Persona 5 is the best JRPG I ever play.
Jan 10, 2019 10:03 PM
Jan 2019
Xenoblade chronicles 1 and 2 and both nier and nier automata
Jan 11, 2019 6:05 AM

Nov 2010
Final fantasy IV-V-VI-VII-VIII-IX-X and Crisis Core FFXII
The Last Story
Tales of the Abyss, Tales of graces ƒ
Xenoblade Chronicles
Chrono Trigger
Vagrant Story
Lost Odyssey
Asura's Wrath
Megadimension Neptunia VII

Many titles are probably missing.
Jan 11, 2019 7:13 AM
Jul 2018
durids23 said:
Aceynn said:
Tales of vesperia

.Hack GU last recode

Legend of heroes series

persona 5 and 3

Chrono trigger

Kingdom hearts series

Pretty much same I'll also be getting Fire Emblem and Vesperia on Switch. You should try Fire Emblem its really fun.

I actually have played fire emblem just forgot to list haha. Haven't played too many though, just fates, awakening, shadow dragon and echoes. Really looking forward to three houses as well.
Jan 11, 2019 7:56 AM
Mar 2016
Terranigma :==))
Jan 11, 2019 8:27 AM
Jul 2018
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Final Fantasy VII, VIII, X, XV
Persona 3
Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2
Star Ocean 3
Jan 11, 2019 8:31 AM

Jun 2017
Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy X, Tales of Symphonia and Xenoblade Chronicles
Jan 11, 2019 9:23 AM

Nov 2011

Paku_ said:

Hell yeah High five!
Jan 11, 2019 9:24 AM

Jun 2015
EmperorDemonGava said:

Paku_ said:

Hell yeah High five!

Double hell yeah! High ten!

Jan 11, 2019 10:31 AM

Jun 2015
SebOuiKin said:
If you like SFC JRPG, I'd highly recommand Rudora no Hihou and Seiken Densetsu 3 (alternatively on switch with 1 and 2).

Rudora has a really fun (and extremely breakable) magic system and an amazing OST.

Also, some of my favorites series is Wild ARMs, especialy Alter Code F on PS2, the best remake ever. Also extremely breakable in hilarious ways (I spent like 20 minutes pressing X to level to 99 from 30 xD and that's without cheating).

I also really love Mana Khemia 1 and 2 from the Atelier Serie, they are on PS2 and really fun.

There's also Tales of Vesperia, which conventiantly comes out with all the extra stuff from the JP version. (I love the hell out of that one. I platinum'd the game twice on PS3 and did 100% on my friend's xbox and I still pre-ordered the switch version xD)

Hell yeah, those games are awesome! Still need to finish Rudra no Hihou and Seiken Densestu 3 but I really love them both.

I was reminded about Wild Arms not too long ago in a scene from Great Teacher Onizuka. I've actually never even touched that game despite knowing about it for so long. Then again, I really need to step up my PS1 game in general and play a lot more stuff on that system. I have a friend who really loves Wild Arms so I'm likely going to get to it soon, perhaps after Seiken Densetsu 3.

Jan 11, 2019 10:35 AM

Jun 2015
ThatRazorGuy said:
Persona 5's my all time favourite since it absolutely perfects the addictive albeit flawed Persona formula which was established in the third game and expanded upon in the fourth. Final Fantasy VII and Phantasy Star IV are also damn good.

Aack, I've been dying to play that game for ages now! I don't have a PS3 or PS4, nor do I really plan on buying either. A friend recently told me that Atlus were hinting at bringing over more of their IP's to PC so perhaps I could play it if they bring it over to Steam. Or I could emulate it when the PS3 emulator gets fully optimized some day. One good thing at least is that I've managed to completely avoid spoilers about the game so far.

Jan 11, 2019 11:49 AM

Jun 2016
Nier: Automata
Final Fantasy IX
Tales of Berseria
Chrono Cross
Star Ocean: The Second Story
Final Fantasy VII
Golden Sun
Riveria: The Promised Land
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy: Type-0
Jan 11, 2019 1:40 PM
Oct 2018
karkki_ said:
I really need to step up my PS1 game in general and play a lot more stuff on that system

Ohhh! You really need to play Legend of Dragoon then! I can't believe I forgot this one. It's one of my favorite JRPGs on PS1. (and one of my favorite OST too) The combat system is really fun in this one!
Jan 11, 2019 1:57 PM

Jun 2015
SebOuiKin said:
karkki_ said:
I really need to step up my PS1 game in general and play a lot more stuff on that system

Ohhh! You really need to play Legend of Dragoon then! I can't believe I forgot this one. It's one of my favorite JRPGs on PS1. (and one of my favorite OST too) The combat system is really fun in this one!

Legend of Dragoon, eh? I always mix that game up with Panzer Dragoon. You're totally right though; I should get on that. So many games, so little time, haha.

Jan 11, 2019 3:53 PM

Apr 2016
I'll mention what comes to mind (favorites and others that I liked):
Suikoden II
Chrono Cross
Saga Frontier II
Tales of the Abyss
Hack G.U. trilogy (replaying it now as Last Recode)
Persona 3
Nier Gestalt
Legend of Heroes series (Sky and Zero/Ao)
SAO Re:HF
Soul Nomad & the World Eaters
Wild Arms 4
Radiant Historia
Atelier Iris 2
...etc
Jan 17, 2019 5:40 AM

Jan 2019
All of the games in the persona series
"Those who hate themselves,

cannot love or trust others."

Jan 17, 2019 5:54 AM

Nov 2011
Op have you you heard of Lennus 2? Its a hidden gem.
Jan 17, 2019 5:59 AM

Jun 2015
EmperorDemonGava said:

Lennus 2, huh? Never heard of it, I think. I don't mind checking it out though!

Jan 17, 2019 10:53 AM

Nov 2011
karkki_ said:
EmperorDemonGava said:

Lennus 2, huh? Never heard of it, I think. I don't mind checking it out though!

Its an obscure gem that really impressed me. Some of the best graphics ive seen on the SNES.
Jan 17, 2019 8:49 PM
Jul 2018
Grandia
Baten Kaitos
Lunar: Silver Story
Valkyrie Profile
Suikoden ll
Skies of Arcadia
Growlanser 2
Azure Dreams
Jan 17, 2019 9:15 PM

Sep 2011
Persona 3.

I like Tokyo Xanadu gameplay-wise but story is meh.

Jan 17, 2019 10:16 PM

Mar 2016
- Fire emblem awakening
- Disgaea series
- Nier automata
- Persona series
- Mother series
Jan 18, 2019 2:41 AM

Jun 2015
Maxsundew said:
- Fire emblem awakening
- Disgaea series
- Nier automata
- Persona series
- Mother series

Good one! The Mother and Persona series are also amongst my favorites. Still have to get around to stuff like Disgaea though.

Jan 18, 2019 3:33 AM

Nov 2017
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
Jan 18, 2019 3:51 AM

Apr 2012
Fire Emblem Awakening, Persona 3 & 4 (sadly I haven't play Persona 5)
ใซใ‚ƒใ‚“ใฑใ™!
Jan 18, 2019 3:56 AM

Nov 2013
Persona 3, 4 and 5
The entire Trails series
Final Fantasy VI, VII and IX
Dragon Quest VIII and XI
Xenogears
BlareyJan 18, 2019 9:21 PM

More topics from this board

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3509 by lcee_15 »»
1 hour ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

29 by vasipi4946 »»
1 hour ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

15 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
5 hours ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - Today

1 by rootje_43 »»
6 hours ago

» Whats a game you'd see yourself as an expert in? ( 1 2 3 )

Disapeared_Ghost - Jun 28, 2021

147 by rootje_43 »»
6 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.