Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (13) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Jun 29, 2019 6:12 AM

Mar 2016
TheEdgelord said:
@MRC_mod

Hello ! I am ready for some random manga for my advanced challenge ! ~

Alright! You can go with Taiyou Ouji. Hope you have fun! :)
Btw. your listdesign is awesome. Jyu Oh Sei ftw!
Jun 30, 2019 10:04 PM

May 2015
@MRC_Mod can I get an assigned manga please
Jul 1, 2019 7:52 AM

Mar 2016
@blaziken25
You get Kanchigai Hime to Usotsuki Shimobe, enjoy if you can
Always feels like I end up giving one volume shoujos for this...
Jul 5, 2019 3:05 PM

Apr 2012
(Ad.08) Read a completed manga scored 10 or 9 by the user that posted directly above/below you.
The manga must be one from their 2019 challenge list or something random from the manga list?

Jul 5, 2019 3:28 PM

Mar 2016
yu6 said:
(Ad.08) Read a completed manga scored 10 or 9 by the user that posted directly above/below you.
The manga must be one from their 2019 challenge list or something random from the manga list?

You can choose from their whole manga list as long as it is rated 9 or 10.
Jul 5, 2019 3:36 PM

Apr 2012
Schlopsi said:
yu6 said:

You can choose from their whole manga list as long as it is rated 9 or 10.

Thank you for the reply! :) Time to go and choose something to read XD

Jul 6, 2019 1:55 PM

Apr 2012
Quick question:
(Ad.18)Read a manga with only one English letter in the title.
is Meteor Methuselah (https://myanimelist.net/manga/373/Meteor_Methuselah ) allowed for that entry?

Jul 6, 2019 2:51 PM

Mar 2016
yu6 said:
Quick question:
is Meteor Methuselah (https://myanimelist.net/manga/373/Meteor_Methuselah ) allowed for that entry?

No, sorry. What seems like a small "o" is a "・" separating the two words from each other.
Jul 6, 2019 2:56 PM

Apr 2012
Schlopsi said:
yu6 said:
Quick question:

No, sorry. What seems like a small "o" is a "・" separating the two words from each other.

Thank you for the reply :) I'll search something else ^^

Jul 7, 2019 12:50 AM
Jul 2018
Does this count as primarily one colour?
Jul 7, 2019 2:46 AM

Apr 2013
Gythia said:
Does this count as primarily one colour?

Haha! Of course. :)
Jul 7, 2019 12:11 PM

Mar 2017
The synopsis suggests Me-gumi no Daigo is a GAR manga, but I want to double check it anyway jic.
Jul 7, 2019 12:24 PM

Mar 2016
BrainpanSonata said:
The synopsis suggests Me-gumi no Daigo is a GAR manga, but I want to double check it anyway jic.

Without reading it I'd let it pass based on the synopsis even if I'm getting doubts from the manga-updates tags
Jul 7, 2019 12:48 PM

Mar 2017
If you have doubts about it, that's enough reason to find something more definite. Thanks for looking it over.
Jul 7, 2019 2:25 PM

Apr 2012
(Ad.10) Read a manga about or involving the Yakuza.
Sun-Ken Rock (https://myanimelist.net/manga/8848 ) does count?

@MRC_mod
(Ad.19) Read a random manga assigned to you by a challenge staff member.
I hope to get something good (rated 9 or 10 XDDD) and not too long XD thanks XDD
yu6Jul 7, 2019 2:36 PM

Jul 7, 2019 5:09 PM

Mar 2016
yu6 said:

Yup, you can use it.

I hope to get something good (rated 9 or 10 XDDD) and not too long XD thanks XDD

Let's hope you can deal with and enjoy it at least a bit. Baroque: Ketsuraku no Paradigm :P
SchlopsiJul 7, 2019 5:21 PM
Jul 7, 2019 6:41 PM

Apr 2012
Schlopsi said:
yu6 said:

Yup, you can use it.

Let's hope you can deal with and enjoy it at least a bit. Baroque: Ketsuraku no Paradigm :P

Thank you!
Oh! That seems an interesting manga! Thank you!!

Jul 7, 2019 8:43 PM

Jan 2017
Hello, everyone!

Quick message regarding (Ad.02) Read a manga that started publishing the same month as one of your listed favorites.

The original intent of this item was same month, same year, but since some people have already read something that is only the same month, we'll let those challenges pass.

For next year's challenge, we'll clarify all items that were worded confusingly. As such, we'll start implementing those changes next year.

Of course, if you want to apply these clarifications to this year's challenge, that is also valid.

Thank you for your comprehension, and good luck on your challenges!
2024 Manga Reading Challenge: Sign Up Discussion

2024 Anime Watching Challenge: Sign Up Discussion

Discord server for MRC/AWC
Jul 8, 2019 9:43 AM

Mar 2017
Regarding the mod announcement above, the advanced manga search can be used to input the month and year of a manga's start date.
Jul 8, 2019 4:56 PM

Apr 2013
BrainpanSonata said:
Regarding the mod announcement above, the advanced manga search can be used to input the month and year of a manga's start date.

It can, but I had a hard time making it work. I wasn't adding the Start Date column. .-.

Something like this, where you just change the start date and whatever you want to include/exclude. :) And click the Start Date column a few times.

https://myanimelist.net/manga.php?q=&type=1&score=0&status=2&mid=0&sm=8&sd=0&sy=2004&em=0&ed=0&ey=0&c%5B%5D=d&gx=1&genre%5B%5D=12
KazzeonJul 8, 2019 5:00 PM
Jul 11, 2019 9:04 PM

Jul 2014
Can you guys give me a recommendation for No.01 - "Read a collection of short stories"?
In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

Jul 12, 2019 2:46 PM
Jul 2018
Hey guys, I need help with two things.

I'm looking for a manga for I.16 (Read a manga about otaku.), anything is fine but I'd prefer something with less than 10 volumes.
And, for I.11 (Read a manga adapted from light novel, video game or original anime.) can I use this one?

Thanks in advance!
Jul 12, 2019 7:24 PM

Mar 2013
LemonBaskets said:

I'm looking for a manga for I.16 (Read a manga about otaku.), anything is fine but I'd prefer something with less than 10 volumes.
And, for I.11 (Read a manga adapted from light novel, video game or original anime.) can I use this one?

Thanks in advance!

I think the I.11 is a mod discretion question, tbh. Because it's not like..a direct adaptation of a video game but it's an original manga using video game characters, so yeah.. Edit: MangaUpdates says it's adapted from the anime so probably nah.

Chikan Otoko works for i.16
Jul 13, 2019 2:53 AM

Apr 2013
LemonBaskets said:

Thanks in advance!

For otaku manga:
https://myanimelist.net/manga/463/NHK_ni_Youkoso
https://myanimelist.net/manga/1158/Densha_Otoko__Net_Hatsu_Kakueki_Teisha_no_Love_Story (haven't read it)
https://myanimelist.net/manga/22046/Tonari_no_Kashiwagi-san ('s fine)

For the video game item, we're thinking about it and will get back to you soon™.
Jul 13, 2019 8:14 AM
Jul 2018
AudioTsunami said:
I think the I.11 is a mod discretion question, tbh. Because it's not like..a direct adaptation of a video game but it's an original manga using video game characters, so yeah.. Edit: MangaUpdates says it's adapted from the anime so probably nah.

Chikan Otoko works for i.16

Oh I get it. I thought it was going to be easy to find a manga for that one hhhh
Thanks for the recomendation also, I'll look onto it!

Thanks a lot! I'll be reading some of those.
Also I appreciate that. If it's too hard to find one I'll just choose an easier item, dunno why I thought it was a good idea lol.
Jul 13, 2019 8:23 AM

Apr 2013
LemonBaskets said:

Thanks a lot! I'll be reading some of those.
Also I appreciate that. If it's too hard to find one I'll just choose an easier item, dunno why I thought it was a good idea lol.

It's not hard to find one for that item, it's just that the manga you chose isn't the easiest example. :P
There are tons of manga that are based on light novels, video games, and original anime.
Jul 13, 2019 8:25 PM

May 2017
(Int.25)Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread.

Please give me some recs for this challenge. Anything except the horror genre goes.

─=≡Σ(([ ⊐•̀⌂•́]⊐My Profile
=≡Σ(([ ⊐•̀⌂•́]⊐Sgn/Avt by : @Nate

Jul 13, 2019 8:29 PM

Apr 2012
(Ad.07) Read a manga based on a real event or person.
https://myanimelist.net/manga/12618 this one counts?

Jul 14, 2019 1:11 AM

Jan 2015
HighSchoolTobi said:
(Int.25)Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread.

Please give me some recs for this challenge. Anything except the horror genre goes.

I can give you a few!

• If you want a classic, try Sanctuary, I find it really engaging, and Ikegami has a super distinctive art style.
  • If you want something more actiony, you could try Teppuu. Or you've got the Breaker on your PTR list, that works too.
  • If you want something more serious, Adolf ni Tsugu is a must-read IMO.
  • March Story is really great, but only the first couple chapters are available online, scanlators dropped it when it got licensed by Viz. It's only 5 volumes, so if it looks interesting, consider either adding it to your collection or checking your local library.
  • If you just want something short, some manga that I read for the challenge and enjoyed were Crimsons: Akai Koukaishatachi, Hanakaku, and Suiiki.
  • Finally, on the off chance you happen to speak French, I absolutely adore Zi Bu Yu, but while it has been fully released in French, only the first couple chapters have been translated in English.

Feel free to check out whatever looks interesting to you!

My Manga / Light Novel Collection: EN | FR | LN
Jul 14, 2019 2:47 AM

May 2017
Horkus said:
HighSchoolTobi said:

I can give you a few! [list]
[*] If you want a classic, try Sanctuary, I find it really engaging, and Ikegami has a super distinctive art style.

Thank you for the help.
Sanctuary seems pretty intriguing so I will go with that.

─=≡Σ(([ ⊐•̀⌂•́]⊐My Profile
=≡Σ(([ ⊐•̀⌂•́]⊐Sgn/Avt by : @Nate

Jul 14, 2019 6:38 AM

Apr 2013
yu6 said:

Sure! :) Seems Chopiny enough. :P
Jul 14, 2019 7:45 AM

Apr 2012
HeNrYTG50 said:
yu6 said:

Sure! :) Seems Chopiny enough. :P

Thank you for the reply :)

Jul 15, 2019 5:37 AM

Apr 2013
LemonBaskets said:
For I.11 (Read a manga adapted from light novel, video game or original anime.) can I use this one?

Final answer is yes! :)
Jul 19, 2019 3:04 PM

Mar 2016
How's the challenge going for everyone? Any interesting manga you have come across lately?
Jul 19, 2019 4:46 PM

Mar 2013
Schlopsi said:
How's the challenge going for everyone? Any interesting manga you have come across lately?

I've been slacking horribly and have found mostly mediocre stuff and it's bumming me out. I did start a new WSJ series though called Beast Children and it's lit
Jul 19, 2019 6:31 PM

Mar 2016
AudioTsunami said:

I've been slacking horribly and have found mostly mediocre stuff and it's bumming me out. I did start a new WSJ series though called Beast Children and it's lit

Can relate. Haven't read much this year and now I need to put some effort into it. There wasn't much outstanding in my choices, either. Though, I can recommend
Lip Smoke for some steamy shoujo,
Yuureitou for fast paced historical mystery and
500-nen no Itonami, as well as Udagawachou de Mattete yo. for surprisingly sensitive shounen ai/bl.

Beast Children looks cool, indeed! Might give it a try when the story has a little bit more progressed on MangaPlus. Also I stumbled across Hisakata no Oto, which I'll read in the near future. The cover looks great, hopefully the story can keep up with it. Guess some seinen-stories is all that's needed for me right now, lol.
Jul 19, 2019 7:43 PM

Mar 2013
Sound of skies looks decent and fits a category I need. Lip Smoke sounds too steamy for me, lol.

I think most of what bummed me out is a read Boys on the Run and really wasn't a fan and it just really was a downer of a series. I've been keeping up with OUT too, which has been fun if oyu like yankee stuff.
Jul 20, 2019 7:25 AM

Jan 2015
Schlopsi said:

It's been fun! I completed my challenge already, but I had a great time checking out a bunch of new series!
Here's some of the highlights for stuff I didn't know I would like beforehand:

• I thought Zai x 10 was absolutely hilarious, the comedy was on point for me, and the series didn't go on for long enough for the jokes to start getting stale.
  • I knew nothing about Crimsons: Akai Koukaishatachi but it was a great time. It has everything you could want in a classic shounen. It's got drama, it's got comedy, it's just a complete package all around! Big recommend.
  • I think Suiiki was the series I scored the highest that I didn't already know I was going to love before I started. It's a really interesting little drama. I found the unfolding mystery of the town to be extremely engaging. It's not too long either, so easy for folks to check out if you still need to fill in a challenge somewhere.
  • I had a good time with Hanakaku. The art style is cute and I always like a good martial arts series. The villain is a little bit overdone, and I wish it were longer overall, but it was still a thoroughly enjoyable read.
  • I thought the original manga version of Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso was substantially better than the anime, which I watched when it first aired. I feel like the manga does a better job of capturing the emotive power of the music, which I think is probably easier to do in visual form (since you don't have to actually play the music and make it sound as good as the characters think it is lol).
  • Nickelodeon is absolutely bizarre, but I think it's something that everyone should try. I didn't love it, but I don't think I've read anything else quite like it, and I'm glad I checked it out.
  • If you need a historical manga, check Hawkwood out! It's really cool and I think it deserves way more than the paltry 300 people who are reading it!
  • Lastly I want to shout out the manga version of Youjo Senki. I love how the original novel, manga, and anime are all such different takes on the story. It really lets you enjoy all three in their own ways. I think the art style in the manga is really well done, I love how it uses simpler, more cartoony looks in places to add comedy and lighten the mood. If you already like the anime or novel definitely check it out!

It's always a lot of fun doing the challenge every year, it's such a great way to check out a whole bunch of stuff I'd probably never get exposed to otherwise!

My Manga / Light Novel Collection: EN | FR | LN
Jul 20, 2019 9:10 AM

Mar 2017
Schlopsi said:

Maniac Road was really good. The last few chapters left me wanting more... but sadly the sequel hasn't been scanslated. QQ

Dengeki Daisy has become my point of comparison for "is this romance manga worth the time".

Sakigake!! Cromartie Koukou was great. Some of the gags made me laugh so hard...

FLCL was interesting, but I think the anime has better pacing and comprehension.

Plus I read my first ever light novel.
Jul 20, 2019 9:50 AM

Feb 2013
Hi! I'm looking for some recs for "(I.25) Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread."

Preferably finished manga and horror, thriller or mystery, but anything can work as long as it isn't ecchi/harem or similar.

Thanks in advance \o/
Jul 20, 2019 12:03 PM

Mar 2016
Ritshiro said:
Hi! I'm looking for some recs for "(I.25) Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread."

Preferably finished manga and horror, thriller or mystery, but anything can work as long as it isn't ecchi/harem or similar.

Thanks in advance \o/

Maybe you'll like Vassalord, Yuureitou, Necromancer, LifE
This one doesn't fit your prefered genres directly, but might still be something of interest: Wolf Guy: Ookami no Monshou
---

@Horkus: Great to hear! This is exactly what the challenge aims at. :) Suiiki was read by a lot of people last year, too, and it picked my interest ever since. Zai x 10 sounds like a quick read, might have to save that one for the challenge? :D Hawkwood looks really good! I'll wait for the complete translation, the cover looks pretty straight forward. Have you read Wolfsmund? It might fit your taste.

@BrainpanSonata: Maniac Road sounds like fun. Does it end with a cliffhanger? The adaption for Sakigake!! Cromartie Koukou is already on my ptw, might check that out before diving into the manga. Hmm. And is Dengeki Daisy that bad? I got hyped about it recently and need some romance in my life (this sounds so wrong, obviously). Still want to read it, though.
Jul 20, 2019 12:33 PM

Feb 2013
@Schlopsi Many thanks!! All of them sound interesting so I'll probably end up using the ones I didn't choose in other items :)
Jul 20, 2019 2:14 PM

Mar 2017
@Schlopsi Dengeki Daisy is that good, actually. I don't read many manga that are primarily romance and the ones I've done before for previous challenges were... varying levels of schmaltzy or downright strange. *has Barairo My Honey flashbacks* But Dengeki Daisy has an interesting plot and a well-grounded romance. Nary an eye was rolled while reading it, which is far more than I can say for other romcoms/romdramas.
Jul 20, 2019 2:31 PM

Apr 2013
BrainpanSonata said:
@Schlopsi Dengeki Daisy is that good, actually. I don't read many manga that are primarily romance and the ones I've done before for previous challenges were... varying levels of schmaltzy or downright strange. *has Barairo My Honey flashbacks* But Dengeki Daisy has an interesting plot and a well-grounded romance. Nary an eye was rolled while reading it, which is far more than I can say for other romcoms/romdramas.

As much as I like Dengeki Daisy, I think it has its eye-rolling moments, for sure. :P
Jul 28, 2019 3:09 PM

Dec 2016
I.25: Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread

^ (cough) (cough) would prefer something with 10 or less volumes, but not essential.
Jul 28, 2019 5:00 PM

Mar 2013
ScarletCelestial said:
I.25: Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread

^ (cough) (cough) would prefer something with 10 or less volumes, but not essential.

Isshuukan Friends.
Sayonara Sorcier
Jul 28, 2019 7:56 PM

Jul 2013
for this item:
(Ad.04) Read a doujin based on a series you've read.

does this manga qualify, even though it's not doujin type?

Jul 28, 2019 8:14 PM

Mar 2016
isahbellah said:
for this item:

Pretty sure it wouldn't since it's published in a propper magazine, but I could be wrong
Jul 28, 2019 8:19 PM

Jul 2013
Ironclad_Cobra said:
isahbellah said:
for this item:

Pretty sure it wouldn't since it's published in a propper magazine, but I could be wrong

in that case, i'll wait for someone else's answer just to be sure... lol
thanks anyway!

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (13) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1054 by Francis_0 »»
9 hours ago

» 8 Manga to Get to Know You

spaceslut - Mar 12, 2023

37 by PlasticRobot »»
Yesterday, 3:47 PM

» Do you guys read manga online or physically? ( 1 2 )

LemonXChio - Oct 27, 2023

66 by Oofmastre9000 »»
Yesterday, 1:50 PM

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

8 by YeeYeeAss »»
Yesterday, 1:33 PM

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

376 by HapHazrD »»
Yesterday, 4:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.