Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (13) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
May 19, 2019 10:40 AM

Jan 2015
HeNrYTG50 said:
Talon184 said:
For advanced challenge #2, does the manga have to be from the same month and year as my favorite manga? Or just the same month but any year?

Same month and year. :)

Speaking of this challenge, I'm having trouble getting the manga search tool to actually filter my results to the correct month. I've selected the desired month and year for the start date in advanced search, but I'm getting a ton of results that didn't start at that time. How can I force the search tool to only show results that started in the month I want?

Also, for the entry to read a Doujinshi, can I read something that doesn't have a MAL database entry? Cause I found this which looks cool as heck. Would I just link to the place where I read it?
HorkusMay 19, 2019 10:55 AM

My Manga / Light Novel Collection: EN | FR | LN
May 19, 2019 3:09 PM

Mar 2016
Horkus said:
Speaking of this challenge, I'm having trouble getting the manga search tool to actually filter my results to the correct month. I've selected the desired month and year for the start date in advanced search, but I'm getting a ton of results that didn't start at that time. How can I force the search tool to only show results that started in the month I want?

The search is a bit tricky. But this will do:
https://myanimelist.net/manga.php?q=&type=0&score=0&status=2&mid=0&sm=1&sd=0&sy=2015&em=0&ed=0&ey=0&c[0]=b&c[1]=g&c[2]=c&c[3]=d&gx=0&o=2&w=1&o=2&w=2 

If you go back to advanced settings, you can filter for genres you want/don't want, type and status. But keep the start date as a filter/showing option activated! Click on search and double click on the start date tab, so it will show you the entries sorted by date starting from jan 1st, 2015.

Also, for the entry to read a Doujinshi, can I read something that doesn't have a MAL database entry? Cause I found this which looks cool as heck. Would I just link to the place where I read it?

You can use it. Just do as you said and link to it.
May 21, 2019 2:55 PM

Jul 2013
About this application: "(ap.09) read a manga serialized in a seinen magazine."

I'm interested in using a manga with the seinen tag, but it's published in young jump. As far as I know, Jump is shounen and "young" to me seems like a younger demographic than shounen (which would be... kids? I guess?)

But according to wikipedia (yeah ok not much of a credible source but anyway) most "young" magazines are seinen magazines.

So I just wanted to make sure... is this okay?
isahbellahMay 21, 2019 4:30 PM

May 21, 2019 3:30 PM

Mar 2016
isahbellah said:
About this application: "(ap.09) read a manga serialized in a seinen magazine."

I'm interested in using a manga with the seinen tag, but it's published in [b]young jump[b]. As far as I know, Jump is shounen and "young" to me seems like a younger demographic than shounen (which would be... kids? I guess?)

But according to wikipedia (yeah ok not much of a credible source but anyway) most "young" magazines are seinen magazines.

So I just wanted to make sure... is this okay?

We usually go with wikipedia for the demographics. And if we are unsure, we check the series if they are (majorly) tagged with the needed demographic. So yes, Young Jump will be regarded as a seinen-magazine. You can go on with it. :)
May 24, 2019 10:10 PM
Jul 2018
>Read a random manga assigned to you by a challenge staff member.

So yeah please assign a manga, something short preferably, thanks in advance.
May 25, 2019 2:46 AM

Mar 2016
Frostbytes said:
>Read a random manga assigned to you by a challenge staff member.

So yeah please assign a manga, something short preferably, thanks in advance.

There you go: Fudatsuki no Kyouko-chan.
May 25, 2019 5:18 PM
Sep 2008
@MRC_mod

Hi, if possible I would like a random manga for the "Advanced 19" item? Thank you.
May 25, 2019 5:23 PM

Mar 2016
Emma22 said:
@MRC_mod

Hi, if possible I would like a random manga for the "Advanced 19" item? Thank you.

Tada: Aoi Uroko to Suna no Machi
May 26, 2019 12:27 PM

Jan 2015
Ok I have a question about ongoing manga:

To show that I am properly caught up to the most recently translated chapter when turning in a section, I've been linking to the series update pages on bakaupdates (example), which seemed like the best way to show I was in fact on the most recent chapter without linking to any manga reading sites and breaking forum rules.
For a couple series though, either bakaupdates isn't, well, updated, or I read the series in another language. Is it ok to use screenshots to show the most recent chapter as long as they don't reveal the site used (example), or should I just not bother with "proof" for these?

May 26, 2019 2:39 PM

Mar 2016
Horkus said:
Ok I have a question about ongoing manga:
[...]
For a couple series though, either bakaupdates isn't, well, updated, or I read the series in another language. Is it ok to use screenshots to show the most recent chapter as long as they don't reveal the site used (example), or should I just not bother with "proof" for these?

If you could provide screenshots like you offered, that would be enough (esp. when read in another language).
@Horkus After a short discussion, it is enough if you leave a note somewhere in case the dates on mangaupdates arent coinciding with your reading material. No screenshots needed!
SchlopsiMay 26, 2019 4:05 PM
May 26, 2019 6:23 PM

Jan 2015
Schlopsi said:

If you could provide screenshots like you offered, that would be enough (esp. when read in another language).
@Horkus After a short discussion, it is enough if you leave a note somewhere in case the dates on mangaupdates arent coinciding with your reading material. No screenshots needed!

Sounds good, I'll link MU where I can, and leave the rest just with the chapter number without a SS. Thanks for the feedback!

May 29, 2019 3:56 PM

May 2013
For 'Read a manga that has a main character that is a professional in their field.', would this or this be accepted?
自分を誤魔化し、生きることに意味はあるか?
May 29, 2019 9:05 PM

Apr 2013
Archoxys said:
For 'Read a manga that has a main character that is a professional in their field.', would this or this be accepted?

Beck, sure.
It's basically that the main character has a job that they get paid for.
I haven't read Piano no Mori, but if the mc gets paid to play the piano (for most of the manga), then that too.
May 30, 2019 12:31 PM

Jun 2009
Hello! I had a few new questions come up as I work on my Apprentice level and prepare for Intermediate:

-I feel like I've read this somewhere already, but I can't find it and wanted to confirm. It's okay to read something up to the current release in whatever form you're reading it as long as you "finish" it during the level that it's in, right? Specifically for my sign-up, I have Gakkougurashi! being used for an item in my current Apprentice level. I'm reading the physical English releases by Yen Press and volume 11 isn't scheduled to come out until 29 Oct 2019. I have a note stating such for the item. So if, say, I finish the Apprentice level in mid-July, I can move on and put my "Finished" date for Gakkougurashi! as the date when I finished volume 10, right? Just wanted to make sure.

-Would Chicchana Yukitsukai Sugar work for item I.19, reading something that takes place outside of Japan but still in the "real world"? The bulk of the series takes place in Germany, but in a fictional town (based on Rothenburg ob der Tauber). And then it also has a parallel fairy world. So would that work?

-Would Boogiepop wa Warawanai work for item I.11, reading something adapted from a light novel? It's listed as an "alternative version" of the Boogiepop Series, so I wasn't sure if this would count or not. Edit: Actually, after seeing that the manga version of All You Need Is Kill is also listed as an "alternative version" to the original novel, and seeing the same thing with Toaru Majutsu no Index, it looks like that is just how manga adaptations of light novels are listed on here. Sorry!

-Alternatively, if Boobiepop doesn't work for the above, does it have to be a LIGHT novel adaptation to fit item I.11? I might be interested in reading Jumyou wo Kaitotte Moratta. Ichinen ni Tsuki, Ichimanen de. for this, but as far as I can tell this is based on a "regular" novel. There doesn't seem to be any items that specify non-light novel adaptations, so I didn't know if this could fit here. If not, that might be a nice idea for an item in a future year's Challenge!

And that's all that's really hanging me up at the moment. I only plan to go through Intermediate level, so this should do it for me after I get this nailed down. Thanks in advance and have a great day! ^_^
pluvia33May 30, 2019 1:57 PM
May 30, 2019 1:23 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Hello and back here with another question!

About I.03 (first or earliest work of your favorite creator), I'm looking through this person and I'm a bit torn. This is the earliest work supposedly, but it's basically 5 different oneshots released at different years and then collected in one volume. This on the other hand started 2 years later, but had stable releases and finished a year before before the oneshot volume was released, so can I count that instead of the oneshot volume as her true earliest work?
May 30, 2019 4:03 PM

Apr 2013
pluvia33 said:
Hello! I had a few new questions come up as I work on my Apprentice level and prepare for Intermediate:

-I feel like I've read this somewhere already, but I can't find it and wanted to confirm. It's okay to read something up to the current release in whatever form you're reading it as long as you "finish" it during the level that it's in, right? Specifically for my sign-up, I have Gakkougurashi! being used for an item in my current Apprentice level. I'm reading the physical English releases by Yen Press and volume 11 isn't scheduled to come out until 29 Oct 2019. I have a note stating such for the item. So if, say, I finish the Apprentice level in mid-July, I can move on and put my "Finished" date for Gakkougurashi! as the date when I finished volume 10, right? Just wanted to make sure.

-Would Chicchana Yukitsukai Sugar work for item I.19, reading something that takes place outside of Japan but still in the "real world"? The bulk of the series takes place in Germany, but in a fictional town (based on Rothenburg ob der Tauber). And then it also has a parallel fairy world. So would that work?

-Would Boogiepop wa Warawanai work for item I.11, reading something adapted from a light novel? It's listed as an "alternative version" of the Boogiepop Series, so I wasn't sure if this would count or not. Edit: Actually, after seeing that the manga version of All You Need Is Kill is also listed as an "alternative version" to the original novel, and seeing the same thing with Toaru Majutsu no Index, it looks like that is just how manga adaptations of light novels are listed on here. Sorry!

-Alternatively, if Boobiepop doesn't work for the above, does it have to be a LIGHT novel adaptation to fit item I.11? I might be interested in reading Jumyou wo Kaitotte Moratta. Ichinen ni Tsuki, Ichimanen de. for this, but as far as I can tell this is based on a "regular" novel. There doesn't seem to be any items that specify non-light novel adaptations, so I didn't know if this could fit here. If not, that might be a nice idea for an item in a future year's Challenge!

And that's all that's really hanging me up at the moment. I only plan to go through Intermediate level, so this should do it for me after I get this nailed down. Thanks in advance and have a great day! ^_^

Gakkougurashi, yep! :)

Hmm, it has to be on a real place, unfortunately. Note how a "fictional town" isn't really a real place, even if it's based on one. /:

Yeah, bakaupdates https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=4028 has it as adapted from the LN.

Hmm, it does say "Read a manga adapted from light novel, video game or original anime.", so I don't think it would count. I'll mention it to the staff, to see what they think for the future. :)
May 30, 2019 4:19 PM

Jun 2009
HeNrYTG50 said:
Gakkougurashi, yep! :)

Hmm, it has to be on a real place, unfortunately. Note how a "fictional town" isn't really a real place, even if it's based on one. /:

Yeah, bakaupdates https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=4028 has it as adapted from the LN.

Hmm, it does say "Read a manga adapted from light novel, video game or original anime.", so I don't think it would count. I'll mention it to the staff, to see what they think for the future. :)

Cool! Thanks for confirming! Since Snow Fairy Sugar is classified as shounen, I can put it into the "demo that doesn't apply to me" item instead, since I'm old. =P
I'm trying to get as much of my physical books read for the first time as possible with this Challenge and I've had that one for MANY years (the old ADV release; got it back in the mid-2000s).

Thanks again and have a great one! ^_^
May 30, 2019 5:12 PM

Mar 2016
Maffy said:
Hello and back here with another question!

About I.03 (first or earliest work of your favorite creator), I'm looking through this person and I'm a bit torn. This is the earliest work supposedly, but it's basically 5 different oneshots released at different years and then collected in one volume. This on the other hand started 2 years later, but had stable releases and finished a year before before the oneshot volume was released, so can I count that instead of the oneshot volume as her true earliest work?

Personally, I'd say that the collected oneshot volume doesn't count since the book itself was published in '98 at the earliest and the oneshots didn't have anything to do with each other prior to that. However, the more info page lists when each oneshot was published, with Ding Dong being the earliest, and it's older than anything else I can find from her. So if you want to use her for that item you'll need to use Ding Dong specifically and then link to the more info page of the volume (here) instead of the main page
May 31, 2019 2:52 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
@Ironclad_Cobra It sucks, but I understand, thank you for the help! I assumed only entire entries would count, hence my initial dilemma, haha. I'll just have to avoid that item. Have fun o7
May 31, 2019 7:41 PM

Mar 2017
I have another question about Advanced 08. I'm starting a second run of the challenge and the post directly above it is my turn-in post from the previous run. How does that affect Advanced 08? Can I refer to the user above my turn-in post (given that anything I've rated 9 or 10 is something I've already read, some of them for previous MRCs) or can I only refer to the user that posts below me for that entry?

EDIT: And now both the post above and below me are turn-ins. Is it okay to use the turn-in post of another user for Advanced 08?
BrainpanSonataJun 1, 2019 9:07 AM
Jun 1, 2019 6:26 AM

May 2017
@MRC_mod "(Ad.19) Read a random manga assigned to you by a challenge staff member."
- preferably something shorter than 100 chapters and finished
thank you in advance ^^
Jun 1, 2019 11:50 AM

Apr 2013
BrainpanSonata said:
I have another question about Advanced 08. I'm starting a second run of the challenge and the post directly above it is my turn-in post from the previous run. How does that affect Advanced 08? Can I refer to the user above my turn-in post (given that anything I've rated 9 or 10 is something I've already read, some of them for previous MRCs) or can I only refer to the user that posts below me for that entry?

EDIT: And now both the post above and below me are turn-ins. Is it okay to use the turn-in post of another user for Advanced 08?

Yes, you have to use the first available post that's not a turn-in below or above yours.

k3ti said:
@MRC_mod "(Ad.19) Read a random manga assigned to you by a challenge staff member."
- preferably something shorter than 100 chapters and finished
thank you in advance ^^

:) https://myanimelist.net/manga/112144 Hope you like it.
Jun 3, 2019 8:21 PM

Dec 2018
I said a while back I'd give my opinion on everything I read for Intermediate level so here goes.

1. (I.01) Read a gekiga manga.
    Haruka na Machi e

An incredibly sweet and endearing time travel story. Only 16 chapters but incredibly precise at showing the emotion of growing older and the desire to change the past whilst also knowing that you never really can. I think this is a real must read, it’s something that can only be portrayed in manga/comics in this style and works very well.
    My Rating: 10

2. (I.04) Read a manga from a magazine with less than 100 titles listed in the database.
    Saihate no Paladin 19 Titles. https://myanimelist.net/manga/magazine/340/Comic_Gardo
    [Read until chapter 15 current.]

I ended up reading quite a lot of isekai in this part of the challenge, many of which were trash. This one’s not been running long at only 15 chapters but it has far more unique and fresh elements than any other I’ve read. The relationship the protagonist makes with his undead parents is interesting, the action is dynamic and the story is opening up into something that could become quite epic.

My Rating: 8 (currently) This could go either way, it could hold it’s 8 or move up to 9… or be a 5 in a years time.

3. (I.06) Read a manga published in an online magazine.
    The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor Adapted from Light Novel. Both 2 completed volumes completed, currently on hiatus until season 3.

Korean web comic kinda iseakai. Fun romp with some nice art but nothing special overall. Currently on hiatus after it’s second season I’d advise giving this a read if you really like stuff like A Returner’s Magic/Solo Levelling. Not much to say on this one really.

My Rating: 7

4. (I.07) Read a manga of a demographic that can apply to you.
    Dungeon Meshi [Seinen - I'm an old man. Read until chapter 51, current as of completion.]

Old school D&D style adventuring as a party delve deeper and deeper into a dungeon in an attempt to save their friend… whilst also being a cooking manga. Two genres I love melded together with ample humor to keep you invested. One thing that I’ve noticed with many of the manga I really enjoy is taking time to break things down in detail, in this case the cooking of monsters.

My Rating: 8-9.

5. (I.08) Read a manga of a demographic that does not apply to you.
    Dr. Stone [Shounen - I'm an old man. Read until chapter 103, current at completion.]

As I said about Dungeon Meshi the details being explored as only a manga can do keep me invested and Dr. Stone’s beautiful representation of science and technology work in much the same way. Only minor complaints is the NEED to have battles as a shounen manga as I don’t really feel they’re needed to keep Dr Stone interesting. I’ll keep reading this 1,000,000% ;)

My Rating: 8 (I’ve read a lot of stuff I enjoyed lol)

6. (I.11) Read a manga adapted from light novel, video game or original anime.
    A Returner's Magic Should be Special

Another Korean web comic. This started out really really strong but I feel is quickly going downhill now that’s the MC is starting to assemble his team.

My Rating: 6

7. (I.13) Read a manga ranked BELOW 7,000.
    Neko Majin [Ranked 11,421 at completion.]

As a big DB/Z/S fan I came across this and had to give it a shot. A short fun comedy manga based on a cat who is a basic analogy of Goku but a little more lazy and devious. The cat’s are clearly the later influence for Beerus and the like. Short, funny, worth a read if you like Dragon Ball.

8. (I.14) Read a manga with less than 1,000 completed members.
    Aranagi-Sama [90 members completed at completion... I can see why…]

Incredibly one dimensional and generally unlikeable characters in this one shot, art isn’t awful but there’s not much to this.

My Rating: 3

9. (I.16) Read a manga about otaku.
    Chikan Otoko

I thought this may be wildly overrated when I started but it quickly becomes an endearing and incredibly believable romance which I’ve yet to see in most manga. The story of an inexperienced otaku breaking into a group of female friends and ultimately falling in love is both sweet, tender and hilarious. Must read stuff.

My Rating: 9

10. [/color] (I.17) Read a Sci-Fi or Horror manga.
    Gigant Current to 25 chapters at time of completion.

Guy meets girl… girl is a pornstar… guy falls in love… girl can turn into 50 foot naked kaiju version of herself and saves the world very naked… Yeah fuck knows. The art is pretty and there’s plenty of ecchi stuff, but it doesn’t really make sense.

My Rating: 5

11. (I.18) Read a Psychological or Supernatural manga.
    Kyuuketsuki Maruguritto to Kuenai Gokinjo

One shot supernatural/horror which was surprisingly good. Tells a concise story in a genre I don’t really love. Well worth a shot if you’re looking for a quick read.

12. (I.19) Read a manga that takes place outside of Japan, but in the real world.
    JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 1: Phantom Blood [Set in England]

So I understand JoJo’s gets better AFTER the first Part… but I’ve gotta be honest I don’t think I’ll be in a rush to read it. This is the second time in this challenge I’ve read something considered a classic and bounced off it pretty hard (the first being Death Note). The art is weird, the characters are pretty one dimensional with JoJo himself being an absolute moron. The action is well done but that’s my only major love. Some characters just turn up out of nowhere, I just feel it’s a rough start.

My Rating: 5

13. ( I.20) Read a manga that has a main character that is a professional in their field.
    Heterogenia Linguistic: Ishuzoku Gengogaku Nyuumon [Professional Linguist - Read until current chapter of 13 at completion.]

I’ve not seen this series being discussed anywhere but it’s really unique. A young man takes over his father’s role of visiting the world of “monsters” and learning their languages. It’s really well written and has an interesting look at how different creatures may communicate.

My Rating: 7 (it’s early days and this could be much better if it continues as it is)

14. (I.22) Read a delinquent manga.
    Fly Daddy Fly

A father vows to take revenge on a delinquent who mercilessly beats his daughter. Short and satisfying read with a good ending.

15. (I.24) Read a manga from the ones listed under manga relations in the Hidden Gems of Manga club.
    Project X: Cup Noodle

I love ramen… but this was only ok. It’s an interesting idea to make a manga about the development of a product that has become ubiquitous around the world but overall it’s just not that exciting.

My Rating: 6

16. (I.26) Read a featured manga.
    Bakuman Article: https://myanimelist.net/featured/375/Bakuman__A_Mangakas_Life

Outstanding. One of the best things I’ve read during the challenge. The story follows 2 teens breaking into the manga business whilst showing the ins and outs of how shounen jump works. Both interesting and informative whilst being exciting and fun. I really didn’t like Death Note but loved this.

My Rating: 10

17. (I.27) Read a manga that with cover art that is primarily one color
    Kaikisen Blue

Beautiful art and a good grounded fantasy story based around the legend of a small towns mermaid egg. The story highlights the issues that plague small town Japan with the ongoing progression of the 21st century, a good read.

My Rating: 8

18. (I.28) Read a manga that has 6 or more words in its title.
    Yondome wa Iya na Shizokusei Majutsushi

Trashy isekai that doesn’t really know what it wants to do

My Rating: 3

19. (I.29) Read a manga with a one word title.
    Zero

A short boxing anime. The art is a little strange but the story is very good. If you like things like Ippo or Teppu you’ll really enjoy this.

My Rating: 9

20. (I.30) Start and catch up to the current chapter of an ongoing manga.
    Yuru Camp

Super wholesome slice of life anime about a group of teen girls who’ve found a love for camping. Another series that uses details incredibly well whether it be about camping equipment or cooking. Can’t wait for more of this.

My Rating: 8

Jun 6, 2019 9:23 AM
Jul 2018
Just to make sure- read a manga with only one English letter in the title, this counts right? @Schlopsi
removed-userJun 7, 2019 7:01 AM
Jun 6, 2019 7:06 PM

Aug 2017
So I was updating my progress and putting in the apprentice items when suddenly my post decided to turn out like this anyone know how to fix?
Jun 7, 2019 4:27 AM

Mar 2016
MatokiFanFan said:
So I was updating my progress and putting in the apprentice items when suddenly my post decided to turn out like this anyone know how to fix?

My guess is that you lost the commands [/list][/spoiler] at the very end.
@Frostbytes: We'll be in touch with you again asap - gotta weight for another staffer to weigh in.
SchlopsiJun 7, 2019 7:45 AM
Jun 7, 2019 4:14 PM

Apr 2013
Frostbytes said:
Just to make sure- read a manga with only one English letter in the title, this counts right? @Schlopsi

Hi! We don't think this counts because the letters in question aren't English letters, but Japanese. :P

We're looking for stuff like this:
https://myanimelist.net/manga/1926/Nazo_no_Kanojo_X
https://myanimelist.net/manga/375/Initial_D
https://myanimelist.net/manga/69045/Investor_Z
https://myanimelist.net/manga/6132/Yu%E2%98%86Gi%E2%98%86Oh_R
https://myanimelist.net/manga/24417/Kono_S_wo_Mi_yo_-_Cupid_no_Itazura
https://myanimelist.net/manga/27/X

Vowels that are romanized may appear like they're single English letters, but that's usually not the case. :)

There are, of course, other options for this item, but these were the first I found.
Jun 9, 2019 9:02 AM

Aug 2009
@MRC_mod

Just wondering when the list of users that completed the challenge is gonna be updated.

I been done for like 4 months now lol.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jun 9, 2019 10:46 PM

Sep 2013
For Intermediate challenge #29 (Read a manga with a one word title), would βl@ck★OUT work? It has a star in the middle of it so I don't know if it's considered one word or two.

In the Background section of this title's MAL page, it says "The series was simultaneously published in Japanese, Chinese and English (as BLACKOUT: The Enigmatic Game)". In that instance, the Blackout part is written as one word, so I'm hoping I can use it.

Thanks

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jun 10, 2019 12:00 AM

Apr 2013
LoneWolf said:
@MRC_mod

Just wondering when the list of users that completed the challenge is gonna be updated.

I been done for like 4 months now lol.

2 months, to be fair. And Soon™.

Talon184 said:
For Intermediate challenge #29 (Read a manga with a one word title), would βl@ck★OUT work? It has a star in the middle of it so I don't know if it's considered one word or two.

In the Background section of this title's MAL page, it says "The series was simultaneously published in Japanese, Chinese and English (as BLACKOUT: The Enigmatic Game)". In that instance, the Blackout part is written as one word, so I'm hoping I can use it.

Thanks

Sure. :)
Jun 11, 2019 11:15 AM

Jun 2016
Hey there,
Can i use Cousin for "(I.27) Read a manga that with cover art that is primarily one color"?

Thanks in advance!
L0roJun 11, 2019 11:23 AM

Jun 12, 2019 9:50 AM

Mar 2016
L0ro said:
Hey there,
Can i use Cousin for "(I.27) Read a manga that with cover art that is primarily one color"?

Thanks in advance!

Yup, you can use it!
Jun 13, 2019 2:05 PM

Mar 2009
Question: if we read something, but then found outt he last chapter wasn't translated as we caught up, would it count as having 'caught up' to the 'latest chapter'... or does catching up to the latest chapter always mean the 'latest published chapter'
Jun 13, 2019 2:26 PM

Mar 2016
Claptrap said:
Question: if we read something, but then found outt he last chapter wasn't translated as we caught up, would it count as having 'caught up' to the 'latest chapter'... or does catching up to the latest chapter always mean the 'latest published chapter'

We usually check for the latest chapter available, which is translated into english (or another language you read it). I.e. Boku no Hero Academia latest chapters.
If you read from another source, like physical - which isn't usually caught up with the latest chapters, that's okay, too of course.
Jun 13, 2019 2:28 PM

Mar 2009
@Schlopsi
Thank you very much for the clarification!
Jun 18, 2019 8:11 AM

Jan 2009
@MRC_mod

I'd like to ask for your help with:
(Ad.19) Read a random manga assigned to you by a challenge staff member.

Nothing longer than 20 volumes, please. Thank you very much.
Jun 18, 2019 8:22 AM

Jan 2017
lubryka said:
@MRC_mod

There you go: Hoozuki no Shima. Hope you have fun!
2024 Manga Reading Challenge: Sign Up Discussion

2024 Anime Watching Challenge: Sign Up Discussion

Discord server for MRC/AWC
Jun 19, 2019 8:05 AM

Jan 2009
MRC_mod said:
lubryka said:
@MRC_mod

There you go: Hoozuki no Shima. Hope you have fun!

Sorry, I've already read this one and I did have fun^^
Genres I rarely read: shoujo published after 2010, sports, ecchi, shoujo ai.
Jun 19, 2019 12:11 PM

Jan 2017
lubryka said:
Sorry, I've already read this one and I did have fun^^
Genres I rarely read: shoujo published after 2010, sports, ecchi, shoujo ai.

Haha, my bad. But I guess you haven't read that one yet: Jinrui Nekoka.
Btw: For this item it is no use telling us eventual reading preferences (or no-go's), since we literally hit a randomizer button on a page and pass over the results to you guys. We have little to none influence in what turns up at the end. :D
2024 Manga Reading Challenge: Sign Up Discussion

2024 Anime Watching Challenge: Sign Up Discussion

Discord server for MRC/AWC
Jun 21, 2019 9:35 AM

Oct 2011
I wanted to ask if for (I.21) Read a manga about angels or demons THIS would count?
Only one character is an angel and I'm not sure if all characters should be angels (or demons) or if only one is okay.
Jun 21, 2019 4:12 PM

Apr 2013
Ayunee said:
I wanted to ask if for (I.21) Read a manga about angels or demons THIS would count?
Only one character is an angel and I'm not sure if all characters should be angels (or demons) or if only one is okay.

Hi! I uh read that manga and I don't think it's valid, unfortunately. Perhaps you could use it for something else, if you really want to read it? (Or have you already?) :)
Jun 22, 2019 1:11 AM

Oct 2011
HeNrYTG50 said:
Ayunee said:

Hi! I uh read that manga and I don't think it's valid, unfortunately. Perhaps you could use it for something else, if you really want to read it? (Or have you already?) :)

Whoops, well, at least it wasn't long c:
In that case, just to be sure, anything form the "Demons" tag ( I mean this one) would be valid?
Jun 22, 2019 2:28 AM

Apr 2013
Ayunee said:
In that case, just to be sure, anything form the "Demons" tag ( I mean this one) would be valid?

Those seem fine. :) Anything in particular? :P
Jun 22, 2019 3:03 AM

Oct 2011
HeNrYTG50 said:
Ayunee said:

Those seem fine. :) Anything in particular? :P

I guess Akuma to Dolce is okay? (Edit: Nevermind it's on hiatus)
If not, Is this valid?
Jun 22, 2019 11:53 AM

Apr 2013
Ayunee said:

I guess Akuma to Dolce is okay? (Edit: Nevermind it's on hiatus)
If not, Is this valid?

Yep! Seems demony enough. :P
Jun 23, 2019 12:24 AM

Jun 2016
Hey there again,

I am using Densha Otoko: Net Hatsu, Kakueki Teisha no Love Story for (Ad.07) Read a manga based on a real event or person. Is it valid?

Thanks in advance! (^_^)

Jun 23, 2019 12:33 AM

Mar 2016
L0ro said:
Hey there again,

I am using Densha Otoko: Net Hatsu, Kakueki Teisha no Love Story for (Ad.07) Read a manga based on a real event or person. Is it valid?

Thanks in advance! (^_^)

Yup, you can use that!
Jun 23, 2019 12:36 AM

Jun 2016
Thanks for the fast reply @Schlopsi !!! :D

Jun 24, 2019 12:48 PM

Mar 2016
tamochinnn said:
> Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread.

Would like to be recommended (preferably) BL (Boys Love = Yaoi + Shounen-ai) manga; Thanks~

Tamayura
Sabita Yoru demo Koi wa Sasayaku
Seven Days
Sorenari ni Shinken Nan desu.
Escape Journey
Vassalord.
Life: Senjou no Bokura
Aoku Kiyoku
Sayonara, Heron
Jun 29, 2019 2:45 AM

Jun 2016
@MRC_mod

Hello ! I am ready for some random manga for my advanced challenge ! ~
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (13) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1042 by codelyok13 »»
1 hour ago

» I need help finding a manga that I have forgotten

codelyok13 - 1 hour ago

0 by codelyok13 »»
1 hour ago

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

17 by Oofmastre9000 »»
10 hours ago

» Do you ever skim through your Manga?

zaganGao - Jan 23

26 by Zimmu »»
12 hours ago

» Top 10 most iconic manga creators objectively ranked

AlphaMaleScotty - Apr 15

22 by Lucifrost »»
Yesterday, 8:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.