Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (35) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Feb 13, 6:43 PM

Hi there, someone might have already asked it but I can't really scroll through the whole discussion :/

I was wondering if for the expert challenge of watching an anime of 75+ episodes, can that span over different season? I didn't know if had to be something that had 75 episodes under one entry in MAL or not. For example, I was hoping to watch Bakuman but the seasons are listed separately, total it's 75 but each season is only 25.

Feb 13, 9:43 PM

SoulfulThinking said:
Hi there, someone might have already asked it but I can't really scroll through the whole discussion :/

I was wondering if for the expert challenge of watching an anime of 75+ episodes, can that span over different season? I didn't know if had to be something that had 75 episodes under one entry in MAL or not. For example, I was hoping to watch Bakuman but the seasons are listed separately, total it's 75 but each season is only 25.

Unfortunately, that won't work. It has to be an anime that has 75+ episodes in a single entry - Bakuman has three entries.

Something like this:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/251/Kyou_kara_Maou

Feb 13, 10:23 PM

What constitutes as a child as far as the challenge is considered? Younger than 15? 12? 10 or younger?

Feb 13, 11:05 PM

yhunata said:
What constitutes as a child as far as the challenge is considered? Younger than 15? 12? 10 or younger?

From the Challenge List with Explanations
Child counts as 12 years old or younger

Feb 14, 12:12 AM

Rimzyy said:
Does Haikyuu!! count for #33: Watch an anime that has a one-word title of the apprentice challenge? Does it count as a word or no?
Yes, it counts as one word title.

(character limit)

Feb 14, 4:11 AM

Hey guys, just a little question, does "Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online" counts as "an anime with a full English title"?
I was going to watch another anime, but this one is on Netflix, so why not lol
I mean, I know it is all in English, but I don't know if there is some problem because those are the names of the games they are playing or wherever @-@

Feb 14, 4:40 AM

"Watch an anime that began airing the same month (any year) you joined MAL"

Does it include movies that aired that month? Or does it apply only to a series that has a starting point in that month?

Feb 14, 5:48 AM

taynis said:
Hey guys, just a little question, does "Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online" counts as "an anime with a full English title"?
I was going to watch another anime, but this one is on Netflix, so why not lol
I mean, I know it is all in English, but I don't know if there is some problem because those are the names of the games they are playing or wherever @-@

As long as all words in the title are found in the English dictionary, it's valid. In this case, yes, it's valid.

windmillness said:
"Watch an anime that began airing the same month (any year) you joined MAL"

Does it include movies that aired that month? Or does it apply only to a series that has a starting point in that month?

If the item doesn't specify an anime type as a requirement, any item that fits the requirements is valid. So for that item, movies are valid as long as they're listed in the database as coming out the same month you joined MAL.

Feb 14, 5:50 AM

@taynis
Yes, it's valid for a full English title.

EDIT: ninja'd

Feb 14, 6:18 AM

@bigdud24
@mozgow

Thank you both! :D

Feb 14, 12:43 PM

Hello, any recommendations for Ap.29?

Hashire sori yo. Kaze no you ni. Tsukimihara wo. PADORU PADORU!

Feb 14, 1:24 PM

Shadow_Reaper13 said:
Hello, any recommendations for Ap.29?

Mob Psycho 100
Zetsuen no Tempest
Arakawa under the bridge
Mahou Shoujo Madoka magica
Nichijou

I like all of them, tried to think of different genres

Feb 14, 3:19 PM

Just asking to make sure, but I guess if you have an anime that you've only seen one or two episodes of before the challenge started you can't just rewatch those and then the rest to use for the challenge?

Feb 14, 3:40 PM

Hello, I require additional assistance with the "Watch an anime with 2 or more main characters where one is as a human child".
Would Golden Kamuy season 2 be eligible for this challenge? Asirpa's age is never outright stated from my knowledge, however, she certainly appears to be a child.

Thanks.

Feb 14, 4:49 PM

Olde-Jo said:
Hello, I require additional assistance with the "Watch an anime with 2 or more main characters where one is as a human child".
Would Golden Kamuy season 2 be eligible for this challenge? Asirpa's age is never outright stated from my knowledge, however, she certainly appears to be a child.

Thanks.
Asirpa is guessed to be either 12 or 13. I don’t think it is safe to use her in the case that she is 13.

Feb 14, 11:30 PM
Dreamcatcher

MatokiFanFan said:
Just asking to make sure, but I guess if you have an anime that you've only seen one or two episodes of before the challenge started you can't just rewatch those and then the rest to use for the challenge?

Yes, the whole anime needs to be watched in 2019, so if you have started it prior to that you cannot use it. Sorry.

β˜† I am not what happened to me
I am what I choose to become β˜†

β˜† Card Deliveries β˜†

Feb 15, 3:28 AM

Hello i have a question regarding the items:
Novice #29
Watch any anime recommended to your Favorite Anime — state your favorite anime added as favorite; if your favorites change, change accordingly

Intermediat #07
Watch an anime that began airing the same season and year as your favorite anime — state your favorite anime added on your profile; if your favorite changes, change this accordingly

Does it have to be the same favorit anime or can they be 2 different ones from my profile?

Feb 15, 3:32 AM

@ManuelB87
No, it doesn't have to be the same favourite.

Feb 15, 5:25 AM

I have a question for section 2 #8 "Watch an anime with a voice actor that worked on 5 or less series". Do I also have to count theme song performances? Rika Nagae has 5 voice acting roles and one additional Theme Song Performance in a different series. Does she still count?

Feb 15, 6:33 AM
Dreamcatcher

extremeplant said:
I have a question for section 2 #8 "Watch an anime with a voice actor that worked on 5 or less series". Do I also have to count theme song performances? Rika Nagae has 5 voice acting roles and one additional Theme Song Performance in a different series. Does she still count?

She seems to have worked on 5 series so far. So you can use her, to be sure you can take a screenshot in case it changes.

β˜† Card Deliveries β˜†

Feb 15, 10:15 AM

Will Kaja Bergmann from Natsu no Arashi! Akinaichuu be fine for Ap.21 (Since she's a ghost)?

Hashire sori yo. Kaze no you ni. Tsukimihara wo. PADORU PADORU!

Feb 15, 10:29 AM

Shadow_Reaper13 said:
Will Kaja Bergmann from Natsu no Arashi! Akinaichuu be fine for Ap.21 (Since she's a ghost)?
I'd say no. Needs to be human, and while a ghost used to be human, it really isn't anymore
Give my rock daughter a profile picture!
I apparently maxed out the pic submissions x_x
Mods please fulfill my wish

Ride the rapturous rainbow! Poyon-poyon, poyoyoyoyoon! Pyorin-chuu~

Feb 15, 12:52 PM

looking for a rec for (Ap.29) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
must be TV type and 20+ min per episode, preferably not something with 47382637 episodes
and just to let you know... I already assigned a chunk of my ptw for different requirements and I don't really want to unnecessarily switch things around bc I'm lazy

Feb 15, 1:02 PM

Clover said:
looking for a rec for (Ap.29) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
must be TV type and 20+ min per episode, preferably not something with 47382637 episodes
and just to let you know... I already assigned a chunk of my ptw for different requirements and I don't really want to unnecessarily switch things around bc I'm lazy
Gotcha covered (avoided your PTW, so you shouldn't have to worry about rearranging stuff):

Girls' Last Tour
Umi Monogatari
Nana
El Cazador de la Bruja
Serial Experiments Lain

Hope you see one that catches your eye ~
Give my rock daughter a profile picture!
I apparently maxed out the pic submissions x_x
Mods please fulfill my wish

Ride the rapturous rainbow! Poyon-poyon, poyoyoyoyoon! Pyorin-chuu~

Feb 15, 1:37 PM

abhutrash said:
Clover said:
Gotcha covered (avoided your PTW, so you shouldn't have to worry about rearranging stuff):

Girls' Last Tour
Umi Monogatari
Nana
El Cazador de la Bruja
Serial Experiments Lain

Hope you see one that catches your eye ~

Thanks c:
I spotted a fantasy tag so.. I know what I'm picking~

Feb 15, 5:15 PM

Hey, I'm looking for a challenge recommendation, preferable from my PTW and single cour.

Thanks in advance :)
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Feb 15, 7:17 PM

FMmatron said:
Hey, I'm looking for a challenge recommendation, preferable from my PTW and single cour.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/10161/No6
https://myanimelist.net/anime/13601/Psycho-Pass
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32995/Yuri_on_Ice
Here ya go
Kira is childish and he hates losing
I’m also childish and hate to lose. 

Feb 15, 7:23 PM

jiro-kyoka said:
FMmatron said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/10161/No6
https://myanimelist.net/anime/13601/Psycho-Pass
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32995/Yuri_on_Ice
Here ya go

πŸ‘ŒπŸ»

Dunno with which one I will eventually go, but all of them seem like a solid choice. No6 might be the most convenient, tho.
Modified by FMmatron, Feb 15, 8:14 PM
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Feb 16, 1:54 AM
Carnage Fortuna

@AWC_Mod & @SheyCroix Hello!

I am submitting my final batch of AWC banners just as I promised. I'm posting the codes first before the full banner preview.

Also, to @AWC_Mod & @SheyCroix , I have a small personal request as the creator of these banners. One of the image URLs for the banner is placed in its own line, at the top. That single banner should be placed alongside the banners of Ram and Rem, because I would like to see all the Re:Zero banners aligned at the top of the selection, please.

So if all banners are placed correctly, they should look like this in the banner selection:

I'm proud to say that I've finally completed all the banners! x) Please and thank you!

@Lyfa & @Gaeki Hi! ( ´ β–½ ` )οΎ‰

Feb 16, 4:25 AM

Can I request something for (Ap.29) ‘Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread’ before actually finishing Novice? (Almost there, though.) Preferably one-or two cour, please consider my Plan-To-Watch list too!

Feb 16, 4:37 AM

Lestat- said:
Can I request something for (Ap.29) ‘Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread’ before actually finishing Novice? (Almost there, though.) Preferably one-or two cour, please consider my Plan-To-Watch list too!
I'm not from the staff so I don't know but it should be okay I guess as long as you don't start the recommended anime before finishing Novice? Anyway some staff member will probably confirm later.

From PTW I recommend:
Chika Gentou Gekiga: Shoujo Tsubaki
Kasei Yakyoku
Kyuuketsuhime Miyu
Makai Toshi Shinjuku
Perfect Blue

And some recommendations not from your PTW:
Cyber City Oedo 808
Ginga Tetsudou no Yoru
Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku
JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Adventure
Manie-Manie: Meikyuu Monogatari
Robot Carnival

Feb 16, 9:48 AM

Hey, are there any staff members willing to recommend me one of their favorites?

Feb 16, 9:58 AM

@Bayek
Cross Game

(character limit)

Feb 16, 10:52 AM

Anyone have suggestions for these?

(Ad.08) Watch an anime with more than 2 episodes and 30 minutes or more each

(Ad.20) Watch an anime that contains the first three letters of your username (Z I L)

Feb 16, 11:20 AM

Zilluminate said:
Anyone have suggestions for these?

(Ad.08) Watch an anime with more than 2 episodes and 30 minutes or more each

(Ad.20) Watch an anime that contains the first three letters of your username (Z I L)
08)
Hellsing Ultimate
Katanagatari
Cyber City Oedo 808
Kubikiri Cycle: Aoiro Savant to Zaregototsukai
Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari
Giant Robo the Animation: Chikyuu ga Seishi Suru Hi
Kikoushi Enma

20)
Zombieland Saga
Tenkuu Danzai Skelter+Heaven, although I don't recommend it XD

Feb 16, 12:16 PM
Hi,

can the Black lagoon series be used for the following Ap. challanges?
1. Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese — has to be a real nationality; state the character and nationality; can't be half-Japanese
One of the main characters is Japanese, the others are not. e.g. Dutch - American, Revy - Chinese- American
1. Watch an anime that mainly takes place outside of Japan, but still on Earth — a real location on Earth; state the country; you can use this blog entry for ideas, but not everything listed is valid. If unsure ask in the discussion thread
The series take place mainly in Thailand, but Roanapur is a fictious place.

Thanks in advance!

Feb 16, 1:28 PM

@9bakeneko
Black Lagoon is valid for these items.

Feb 16, 2:26 PM

fuyuki said:
08)
Hellsing Ultimate

20)
Zombieland Saga

Thanks! I’ll try these out later.

Feb 16, 2:32 PM

mozgow said:
@Bayek
Cross Game

(character limit)
Already seen it, but after looking at your favorites I may be using Revolutionary Girl Utena for something else later on. Thanks.

Feb 16, 3:36 PM

Would Hataraku Maou-sama! count for "(N.17) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field"? It's a part-time job (although I think he gets promoted from part-time), but he does get paid. I'm not sure myself, so I'm asking just in case. (If so, what would be the profession?)
tumblr is shawoltae!

Feb 16, 5:59 PM

snovieanime210 said:
Would Hataraku Maou-sama! count for "(N.17) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field"? It's a part-time job (although I think he gets promoted from part-time), but he does get paid. I'm not sure myself, so I'm asking just in case. (If so, what would be the profession?)

By our current definition it's technically valid, so you're good to go on it. You could put 'part time fast food cashier' or something similar.

Feb 16, 6:25 PM

bigdud24 said:
snovieanime210 said:

By our current definition it's technically valid, so you're good to go on it. You could put 'part time fast food cashier' or something similar.

Thanks! I may end up using Yusa Emi (also a main) instead though, since I think that's an easier job to put a name to, haha.
tumblr is shawoltae!

Feb 16, 10:57 PM

For (N.17) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field, would Dino or any of the employees from Blend-S be valid? Dino's a manager, is that considered to be a professional in the field?
Kira is childish and he hates losing
I’m also childish and hate to lose. 

Feb 17, 2:21 AM

It says "Watch an anime" a lot. Does that just mean one episode?

Feb 17, 3:15 AM

jiro-kyoka said:
For (N.17) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field, would Dino or any of the employees from Blend-S be valid? Dino's a manager, is that considered to be a professional in the field?
He's getting paid for this, right? Then he is valid for this item.

SirCrimsonFox said:
It means any entry in MAL database.

Feb 17, 4:08 AM
Dreamcatcher

SirCrimsonFox said:

As an addition to the reply above, it's not just one episode. You need to watch the full series for it to count.

β˜† Card Deliveries β˜†

Feb 17, 8:14 AM

I'm planning for Apprentice and I need some help for this entry:

(Ap.29) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Only 1-cour or 2-cour series pls. Thanks <3

Feb 17, 8:42 AM

Could I get some suggestions for these items? Preferably no longer than 12 episodes/4 hours. Thanks~

(Ap. 21) Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese

(Ap. 22) Watch an anime that mainly takes place outside of Japan, but still on Earth
To see which challenges I'm participating in, please check the 'Active Challenges' section of my profile.

Feb 17, 9:14 AM

Yuki-Chan276 said:
SirCrimsonFox said:

As an addition to the reply above, it's not just one episode. You need to watch the full series for it to count.

do you mean just one season of it?
Or the whole thing?
If the whole thing, that's just nuts.

some have 100s of episodes :(

Feb 17, 9:18 AM
Dreamcatcher

SirCrimsonFox said:
Yuki-Chan276 said:

do you mean just one season of it?
Or the whole thing?
If the whole thing, that's just nuts.

some have 100s of episodes :(

Just one season. A particular entry in MAL's database.

β˜† Card Deliveries β˜†

Pages (35) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »