Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (35) « First ... « 26 27 [28] 29 30 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Mar 27, 5:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 969
@UkePaChan @abhutrash
This is a Firefox-only bug.
The easiest "fix" is to remove spoiler and quote blocks inside the list. (As I've done on mine.)
 
Mar 27, 5:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 2369
Jhiday said:
@UkePaChan @abhutrash
This is a Firefox-only bug.
The easiest "fix" is to remove spoiler and quote blocks inside the list. (As I've done on mine.)
Ah, interesting. Thank you for the clarification
Give my rock daughter a profile picture!
I apparently maxed out the pic submissions x_x
Mods please fulfill my wish





Ride the rapturous rainbow! Poyon-poyon, poyoyoyoyoon! Pyorin-chuu~
 
Mar 27, 6:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1560
abhutrash said:
UkePaChan said:
Question was probably asked multiple times but...
How do I get the list to work to show the proper numbers instead of just 0.?
Tried sliding the code around a little but couldnt get it to work u.u"
Can you screenshot what you're referring to? I'm looking at your sign-up list and everything seems A-OK to me.


It happens to me too.
Though 0. happens when I'm on Mozilla and correct numbers when I'm on Chrome.
So it's probably the browser thing ^^"
 
Mar 27, 8:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 199
Q about: Watch an anime Featured in an article from 2018 onward.

Does that include articles written 2018?
I hope you have a lovely day ♥ヾ(๑❛ ▿ ◠๑ )
 
Mar 27, 8:03 AM
Dreamcatcher

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 953
chocolateparody said:
Q about: Watch an anime Featured in an article from 2018 onward.

Does that include articles written 2018?


Yes, it does.

(character limit pls)




☆ I am not what happened to me
I am what I choose to become ☆


☆ Card Deliveries ☆

 
Mar 27, 10:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 12
Hi, I have two questions:

First, can someone give me a recommendation or two for (Ap.29) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread?

And would Non Non Biyori Movie: Vacation count for (Ap.20) Watch an anime with at least 3 human children as main characters? I know that Renge and Hotaru count as children, but I'm not sure about Natsumi since she doesn't have an age listed.
 
Mar 27, 11:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 1748
stepikku said:
First, can someone give me a recommendation or two for (Ap.29) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread?


Baccano!
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch
Higashi no Eden
Kara no Kyoukai
Ookami to Koushinryou


Death is the road to awe.
 
Mar 27, 11:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 12
Puchkov said:
stepikku said:
First, can someone give me a recommendation or two for (Ap.29) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread?


Baccano!
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch
Higashi no Eden
Kara no Kyoukai
Ookami to Koushinryou

Hey, thanks! I think I'll go with either Kara no Kyoukai or Baccano!
 
Mar 27, 12:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 180
Again I ask whether the following shows are valid for the entires:

(Ap.19) Watch an anime with 3 or more main characters in which more than half are adults

Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor has 6 Main characters, to me they seem all adults. They are out of school and have a real work, yet there is no clear information about the age of the characters ANYWHERE.

(Ap.21) Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese

Quanzhi Fashi 2nd Season

This is even more vague. the Main character has a chinese name, yet you know there is no information about the reality there.

Thank you for the help in advance!!
 
Mar 27, 1:25 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 481
stepikku said:
Hi, I have two questions:

First, can someone give me a recommendation or two for (Ap.29) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread?

And would Non Non Biyori Movie: Vacation count for (Ap.20) Watch an anime with at least 3 human children as main characters? I know that Renge and Hotaru count as children, but I'm not sure about Natsumi since she doesn't have an age listed.


According to this article Natsumi is 13, so I don't believe that qualifies as a child.

XAnima13X said:
Again I ask whether the following shows are valid for the entires:

(Ap.19) Watch an anime with 3 or more main characters in which more than half are adults

Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor has 6 Main characters, to me they seem all adults. They are out of school and have a real work, yet there is no clear information about the age of the characters ANYWHERE.

(Ap.21) Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese

Quanzhi Fashi 2nd Season

This is even more vague. the Main character has a chinese name, yet you know there is no information about the reality there.

Thank you for the help in advance!!


I couldn't find much information about either of those shows. I think your best bet would be to get the opinion of @SheyCroix
Modified by Aeradae, Mar 27, 1:30 PM
 
Mar 27, 10:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 16
Question regarding (Ap.09) Watch an anime in which your favorite voice actor was part of the main cast:

Does main cast refer to the voice actors that voiced the listed main characters, or to the main characters that show up on the MAL page i.e. the 8 characters that show up when you click on any anime page. Or, does it refer to something else entirely?

The anime which I am considering using for this entry is Sakamoto Desu ga?

Originally I was going to use this for (Ap.36) Watch an anime with a special character or symbol in the title, until I saw that you are not allowed to use any keyboard characters as "special characters", so I am attempting to somehow still make use of the anime as an entry. If this doesn't work for this entry, that's fine too - it was mb for not reading the rules properly in the first place :p.
 
Mar 27, 11:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 146
KurayamiStallion said:
Question regarding (Ap.09) Watch an anime in which your favorite voice actor was part of the main cast:

Does main cast refer to the voice actors that voiced the listed main characters, or to the main characters that show up on the MAL page i.e. the 8 characters that show up when you click on any anime page. Or, does it refer to something else entirely?

The anime which I am considering using for this entry is Sakamoto Desu ga?

Originally I was going to use this for (Ap.36) Watch an anime with a special character or symbol in the title, until I saw that you are not allowed to use any keyboard characters as "special characters", so I am attempting to somehow still make use of the anime as an entry. If this doesn't work for this entry, that's fine too - it was mb for not reading the rules properly in the first place :p.


I found these va challenges confusing too, but in this case it means one of the people you've listed as a favorite were VA's of a character listed as "main" in any anime. So you could for example use Bokurano because one of your listed favorite people, Tomokazu Sugita, voiced the main character Daiichi Yamura, ( but you can use any series that any of your favorite people voiced a main character]. Or you could use Sakamoto desu ga,as long as you add Hikaru Midorikawa as a favorite.
 
Mar 27, 11:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 3279
XAnima13X said:
Again I ask whether the following shows are valid for the entires:

(Ap.19) Watch an anime with 3 or more main characters in which more than half are adults

Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor has 6 Main characters, to me they seem all adults. They are out of school and have a real work, yet there is no clear information about the age of the characters ANYWHERE.
They're listed as "adults" here: https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/patlabor-the-mobile-police/characters , I'm not 100% about this year because they changed the rules, but in the least year's challenge A-P tags were enough to validate an item.
 
Mar 28, 1:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 265
Jhiday said:
@UkePaChan @abhutrash
This is a Firefox-only bug.
The easiest "fix" is to remove spoiler and quote blocks inside the list. (As I've done on mine.)


Ah thank you for that!
But, is that "allowed" or would I have to change it back before I turn it in?


爆ぜろリアル!
弾けろシナプス!
バニッシュメント・ディス・ワールド !


 
Mar 28, 3:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 969
SheyCroix said:
Jhiday said:
I'm still not sure whether I'll actually use that item, but I'm asking anyway, just in case :

My requirements :
- TV-type only.
- No more than 26 episodes, please.
- It's safer to avoid suggesting anything that aired post-2010 : there's a big chance I've already watched it, or at least sampled enough to disqualify it for the challenge.
- You can totally pick something outside my PTW (I barely put anything in there).
- The more suggestions, the better.

Welp friend, you were to picky and no one said anything xDD (jk jk)
Let's see if one of these suits your preferences ;D
https://myanimelist.net/anime/3470/Special_A
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1571/Ghost_Hunt
https://myanimelist.net/anime/7590/Mayoi_Neko_Overrun
https://myanimelist.net/anime/6201/Princess_Lover
https://myanimelist.net/anime/29/Zipang
https://myanimelist.net/anime/248/Ichigo_100
https://myanimelist.net/anime/302/Mirai_Shounen_Conan (ultimate challenge)
https://myanimelist.net/anime/998/Blue_Seed
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2112/Over_Drive

Unfortunately, I'm already basically done with the Apprentice section by now. Can I use those suggestions for "(I.21) Watch an anime with 4 episodes or more recommended to you by a challenge team member" instead ?
 
Mar 28, 7:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 2369
fuyuki said:
XAnima13X said:
Again I ask whether the following shows are valid for the entires:

(Ap.19) Watch an anime with 3 or more main characters in which more than half are adults

Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor has 6 Main characters, to me they seem all adults. They are out of school and have a real work, yet there is no clear information about the age of the characters ANYWHERE.
They're listed as "adults" here: https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/patlabor-the-mobile-police/characters , I'm not 100% about this year because they changed the rules, but in the least year's challenge A-P tags were enough to validate an item.
Can confirm that this link is valid proof for (Ap.19). @XAnima13X

As for Quanzhi Fashi I know that when it comes to Chinese animations, we typically look for some sort of proof that it does actually take place in China and not some sort of nameless setting. The character names being Chinese wouldn't be enough. Unless someone else can find something, I'd suggest erring on the side of caution and using something else.
Give my rock daughter a profile picture!
I apparently maxed out the pic submissions x_x
Mods please fulfill my wish





Ride the rapturous rainbow! Poyon-poyon, poyoyoyoyoon! Pyorin-chuu~
 
Mar 28, 7:05 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 123
Does the start date of the anime need to be completely accurate? because a lot of the times people don't keep track of when they start an anime.

Modified by Otakugamer12, Mar 28, 7:26 PM


It's ridiculous, but I love it.
 
Mar 29, 1:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 169
Otakugamer12 said:
Does the start date of the anime need to be completely accurate? because a lot of the times people don't keep track of when they start an anime.


The staff has a diploma in advanced mind reading and hypnosis, so obviously they can and will punish any inaccuracies. But if you come up with an approximate date and believe in it very hard, you still might fool them.
 
Mar 29, 3:17 AM
Dreamcatcher

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 953
Otakugamer12 said:
Does the start date of the anime need to be completely accurate? because a lot of the times people don't keep track of when they start an anime.



Just state the most accurate date. It doesn't need to be completely accurate but you should give a day and a month (even if approximate).

pometlo said:
Otakugamer12 said:
Does the start date of the anime need to be completely accurate? because a lot of the times people don't keep track of when they start an anime.


The staff has a diploma in advanced mind reading and hypnosis, so obviously they can and will punish any inaccuracies. But if you come up with an approximate date and believe in it very hard, you still might fool them.


Don't fool us, or you will be punished hehe.




☆ I am not what happened to me
I am what I choose to become ☆


☆ Card Deliveries ☆

 
Mar 29, 6:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 2369
Finally wrapping up my Novice section this weekend, so figure I might as well as for this now:
(Ap.29) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
I'm cool with anything, but please keep it at a max of 26 episodes. Also, I'd really appreciate some options ~
Give my rock daughter a profile picture!
I apparently maxed out the pic submissions x_x
Mods please fulfill my wish





Ride the rapturous rainbow! Poyon-poyon, poyoyoyoyoon! Pyorin-chuu~
 
 
Mar 29, 7:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 2369
Give my rock daughter a profile picture!
I apparently maxed out the pic submissions x_x
Mods please fulfill my wish





Ride the rapturous rainbow! Poyon-poyon, poyoyoyoyoon! Pyorin-chuu~
 
Mar 29, 7:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1560
 
Mar 29, 1:19 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 16
For voice actor, can I include dub voice actors?
 
Mar 29, 1:31 PM
Dreamcatcher

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 953
Haboutnnah said:
For voice actor, can I include dub voice actors?


Yes, you can.

(character limit pls)




☆ I am not what happened to me
I am what I choose to become ☆


☆ Card Deliveries ☆

 
Mar 29, 2:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 89
Hello
does anyone have a good recommendation for the Expert #03 item
Watch an anime adapted from an Unknown or Other source

i am doing the restrictions TV and presistent (20+ min/episode)
 
Mar 29, 4:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 200
ManuelB87 said:
Hello
does anyone have a good recommendation for the Expert #03 item
Watch an anime adapted from an Unknown or Other source

i am doing the restrictions TV and presistent (20+ min/episode)


Using an Other source I've found some recommendations. I haven't seen most of these (barring Casshern Sins, which I used for the challenge) but I have at least heard of these:

Casshern Sins
Black★Rock Shooter (TV)
Haibane Renmei
Love Live! School Idol Project
Pingu in the City
Samurai 7
Modified by bigdud24, Mar 29, 4:35 PM
 
Mar 29, 6:22 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 4
can i have a reccomendation for the challenge pls
 
Mar 29, 6:26 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 1
micro_omg said:
can i have a reccomendation for the challenge pls

Hataraku Saibou
..............................
 
Mar 29, 7:47 PM
🌕🚀System;Reset

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 10164
Gully23 said:
micro_omg said:
can i have a reccomendation for the challenge pls

Hataraku Saibou
..............................

Guys, at least make that rec more believable. You can get it invalidated.


Jhiday said:
SheyCroix said:

Welp friend, you were to picky and no one said anything xDD (jk jk)
Let's see if one of these suits your preferences ;D
https://myanimelist.net/anime/3470/Special_A
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1571/Ghost_Hunt
https://myanimelist.net/anime/7590/Mayoi_Neko_Overrun
https://myanimelist.net/anime/6201/Princess_Lover
https://myanimelist.net/anime/29/Zipang
https://myanimelist.net/anime/248/Ichigo_100
https://myanimelist.net/anime/302/Mirai_Shounen_Conan (ultimate challenge)
https://myanimelist.net/anime/998/Blue_Seed
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2112/Over_Drive

Unfortunately, I'm already basically done with the Apprentice section by now. Can I use those suggestions for "(I.21) Watch an anime with 4 episodes or more recommended to you by a challenge team member" instead ?

Sure, use either of them for that item.
 
Mar 29, 8:38 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 16
Would this be 3 or more unusual hair colours?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/21273/Gochuumon_wa_Usagi_desu_ka
 
Mar 29, 8:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 146
Editing my challenge page on A. 19, watch a mythology or time travel anime and I used the Magic tree house movie. When I submitted the post, the entire URL shows up in the entry rather than just the link. I've confirmed the ID number, 10690, and even copied the that and another entry's url to see if I added or deleted a character but there doesn't seem to be anything wrong and I can't figure out what's different about this one.
 
Mar 29, 10:15 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 16
micro_omg said:
can i have a reccomendation for the challenge pls


Given your anime list, Wandering Son is a possible one
 
Mar 30, 1:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1560
So, this is a stupid question but @AWC_mod
do anime links really need to be colored or can I leave the default blue for the links??

((link to my sign up is in my signature, pls check it))
 
Mar 30, 1:55 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 16
Anna_Hiwatari said:
So, this is a stupid question but @AWC_mod
do anime links really need to be colored or can I leave the default blue for the links??

((link to my sign up is in my signature, pls check it))


IDK answer but try the spreadsheet, it makes it so much easier
 
Mar 30, 2:41 AM
Dreamcatcher

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 953
@Haboutnnah Please don't double post, edit your last reply.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1760533&show=1350#msg57257997
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1760533&show=1350#msg57258032




No, that would be invalid. Kokoa is listed as having blonde hair, only Rieze and Chino are valid.

plutodiplomat said:
Editing my challenge page on A. 19, watch a mythology or time travel anime and I used the Magic tree house movie. When I submitted the post, the entire URL shows up in the entry rather than just the link. I've confirmed the ID number, 10690, and even copied the that and another entry's url to see if I added or deleted a character but there doesn't seem to be anything wrong and I can't figure out what's different about this one.


Did you add the bb code for it?
[url=][/url]


Anna_Hiwatari said:
So, this is a stupid question but @AWC_mod
do anime links really need to be colored or can I leave the default blue for the links??

((link to my sign up is in my signature, pls check it))


You can leave it the default blue colour if that's what you prefer. The information on how to change colours is listed there for those who want to~




☆ I am not what happened to me
I am what I choose to become ☆


☆ Card Deliveries ☆

 
Mar 30, 3:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 2973

I guess it's main characters, so....
Akatsuki no Yona (reddish pink, blue, green)

I wasn't sure if red can be counted as red hair (orange), so... didn't include it.


 
Mar 30, 3:28 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 16
Yuki-Chan276 said:
@Haboutnnah Please don't double post, edit your last reply.


Oh, okay, sorry.

Yuki-Chan276 said:
No, that would be invalid. Kokoa is listed as having blonde hair, only Rieze and Chino are valid


Okay, I replaced it :)

----

Also, I'm pretty new to anime (0 things on my profile at the 20th). Are there any good anime I didn't include in my challenge plans for the year?

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1759336&show=1800#msg57245762
 
Mar 30, 3:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 89
bigdud24 said:
ManuelB87 said:
Hello
does anyone have a good recommendation for the Expert #03 item

i am doing the restrictions TV and presistent (20+ min/episode)


Using an Other source I've found some recommendations. I haven't seen most of these (barring Casshern Sins, which I used for the challenge) but I have at least heard of these:

Casshern Sins
Black★Rock Shooter (TV)
Haibane Renmei
Love Live! School Idol Project
Pingu in the City
Samurai 7


Oh i wanted to watch love live for an intermediat item if i like it ill use season 2 for this
BRS will be the back up plan

Thank you that helped a lot :)
 
Mar 30, 4:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 6
For 16 of Novice "Watch an anime with 2 or more main characters where one is as a human child", Can I use Yaguchi Haruo from Hi Score Girl or does it not count cause he is 16 by then end?
 
Mar 30, 6:02 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 2087
Oryx_ said:
For 16 of Novice "Watch an anime with 2 or more main characters where one is as a human child", Can I use Yaguchi Haruo from Hi Score Girl or does it not count cause he is 16 by then end?


As long as he's 12 years or younger for 75% of the episodes (9/12) it should be ok.
 
Mar 30, 6:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 6
Hi I'm having trouble with my challenge list, in that the links don't work, they just 404 on me
am i dumb or
 
Mar 30, 8:52 AM
Dreamcatcher

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 953
Oryx_ said:
Hi I'm having trouble with my challenge list, in that the links don't work, they just 404 on me
am i dumb or


Can you link me your list?

(character limit)




☆ I am not what happened to me
I am what I choose to become ☆


☆ Card Deliveries ☆

 
Mar 30, 9:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 239
Hey there, I'd like to get some recommendations for (Ap.29)
Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

One cour shows or movies would be ideal but I'm relatively fine with anything as long as it is not extremely long. Oh and no shorts please, trying to go for the Persistent restriction.
 
Mar 30, 10:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 337
GreeenSponge said:
Hey there, I'd like to get some recommendations for (Ap.29)
Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

One cour shows or movies would be ideal but I'm relatively fine with anything as long as it is not extremely long. Oh and no shorts please, trying to go for the Persistent restriction.


Angel Beats!
Death Parade
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
 
Mar 30, 11:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 239
Zilluminate said:
GreeenSponge said:
Hey there, I'd like to get some recommendations for (Ap.29)

One cour shows or movies would be ideal but I'm relatively fine with anything as long as it is not extremely long. Oh and no shorts please, trying to go for the Persistent restriction.


Angel Beats!
Death Parade
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu


Ah very nice, thank you very much!
Characterlimit
 
Mar 30, 1:27 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 660
I would like some recs for
(Ap.29) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread



character limit
 
Mar 30, 1:36 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 16
Oryx_ said:
Hi I'm having trouble with my challenge list, in that the links don't work, they just 404 on me
am i dumb or


Link: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1759336&show=1400#post1401

The links in the challenge titles work, the anime ones don't because you're meant to put in the ID.

protoplasm said:
I would like some recs for
(Ap.29) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread


Howl's Moving Castle, based on your list.
Modified by Haboutnnah, Mar 30, 1:40 PM
 
Mar 30, 1:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 200
protoplasm said:
I would like some recs for
(Ap.29) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread



character limit


I'll give you a few more recommendations so that you have options.

Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor
Usagi Drop
Made in Abyss
Mushishi
Yakusoku no Neverland
 
Mar 30, 3:40 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 6
"Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field".
Would Kirito count? He is a quite good, even professional swordsman, I think.
 
Top
Pages (35) « First ... « 26 27 [28] 29 30 » ... Last »