Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 7, 2019 12:07 PM
Aug 2018
Fate/Zero has to be one the most philosophical anime in history the fact that they put some much hidden messages ideologies in span of 25 episodes is genius of itself.This discuss is about the Philosophy of it am sorry but you know it impossible to fully explain the philosophical of the anime because there so God damn much of it so i will only do a piece.

This show is the anime equivalent of a greek tragedy and it perfectly delivery the most common Element of every great story is a CLASH OF IDEALS.The CLASH OF IDEALS is great because it make us think about our own way life,should I live my life for my desires ,obey system,depend on others,use my own strength,do whatever I can to get what I want or is somethings just not worth it or maybe I should create my own ideals.

The brilliance of F/Z is that there is no clear line between good just people fighting for what they believe in and evil Except Ryuu.The show forces the characters to confront the problems with theirs ideology that up to that point they ignored when people brought them up, even when wasn't able to refute them.But it also shows that ideals were not worthless or entirely wrong. Am writing about my favorite characters their Philosophy and the flaws of it.But am only going to do few of them or else this will take forever

1.A Genius at hardwork
At the start Waver ideology and the reason he enter the holy grail war were to proof that person can active greatness without talent or noble blood but with hardwork and effort now outside this ideal my sound right but with some thinking you can see that this ideal is foolish no matter how hard you worked there will always someone better then you at it with inner talent.Waver classmates teachers and Rider called him out on it calling his ideals petty narrow minded and childish in fact Waver doesn't really believe in them himself he just wanted people to stop laughing at him for being a lowborn talentless brat.After his hardships at on grail war and bond with rider he come to truly believe that with effort and work but he does in the smart way instead of taking up fields he not good at but will him make look good, he takes fields he is good at and finds his talent but are not that glamorous and active his dream becoming Lord El-Melloi II a highly respected professor within the Mage's Association.

2.God is a writer
Ryuunosuke is complete monster who deserve a worse death then he had but of all characters he was the closest to his servant and unlike most of characters in Fate but he had a beautifully simple mind and a positive nature.He had no emotional baggage or insecurities about who he was or why does what he does he also has interesting ideology.To him God to be an author, writing the stories of all the billions of people on earth. He views God as an entertainer who, just like he loves courage and goodness, loves blood and screams just as well.Ryuu thinks God is head over heels over People. He spends every single minute of every single day writing stories for all of us, which cannot be possible without love To view God as an author indeed solves many problems. If God be not viewed as an omnipotent benevolent old man upstairs, Ryuunosuke’s philosophy presents a good alternative. A writer does whatever he wants with his characters, and he loves them all the same; even if they are broken, shattered or simply destroyed. Indeed, we might all be here for someone’s entertainment.

3.The best and worst of humanity
Kiritsugu my favorite of zero.Kiritsugu is a man who believes in the ends justify the mean he develops this Philosophy as a child when he was forced to choose when his friend Shirley became a vampire after she drank a potion.She pled for Kiritsugu to kill her, but he refused and fled.The entire village is eventually infected .As his first love and reason for becoming a "Hero of Justice", she has an impact on Kiritsugu for the rest of his life. He is greatly torn over the fact that killing her would have saved the islanders, giving him the motivation to kill his father, and later Natalia Kaminski, to prevent further tragedies. Greatly impacted, he promises her that he will never let such an event occur again.Eventually he start to see that no matter how much evil people he kills he cant to save the world so he join holy grail war to make a utopia .In the climax of the war he was forced to confront the fact that his methods will eventually lead to him becoming the ultimate enemy of humanity Now realizing that the Grail was corrupted and false destroy it he realized that was a mistake with the grail gone the mud spill onto the streets destroyed a large part of Shinto With the war's end he sought for anyone alive he find shiro and In order to revive him, Kiritsugu implanted Avalon into Shirou's body.Kiritsugu flaw idealistic he couldn't accept the world the way it was so he bets everything on the hope the "omnipotent" wish-granting device would give him his long-desired perfect way When he realizes that the Grail can't do that and can only provide the raw power to make what means he already knows apply on a global scale and that ultimately he lost everything he cared about for a false hope, he finally breaks completely but in the end after the everything he still tires to save others and finally did. that's why he's my favorite . When he tries to save his girls, he fails. When he tries to save his home , he fails. And when he tries to save the world , HE FUCKING FAILS. And yet, he keeps going on He's human to a tee, warts and all I respect that.

I think one of the main lesson of Fate/zero is that Your beliefs are your own. Meaning that it only apply to you and no one else. Once you try to force your ideals onto other people, your ideals becomes corruption.

What do you think of my discussions
Who your favorite character and ideals in Zero
What is your take on Fate/zero and the other fates series
malik_smithJan 7, 2019 3:42 PM
Jan 7, 2019 12:13 PM
Jul 2018
1 - I don't know if you have copied it somewhere, but well done. That's pretty accurate!
2 - Fate/Zero > Every fate series EASILY.
3 - My favorite character is Iskandar.
4 - Fate/Zero is undoubly deep. Way to much i dare to say and i loved it. I wish i could see more of it :(
Jan 7, 2019 12:26 PM
Oct 2018
Frroku said:
1 - I don't know if you have copied it somewhere, but well done. That's pretty accurate!
4 - Fate/Zero is undoubly deep. Way to much i dare to say and i loved it. I wish i could see more of it :(

-
obviously fate/kaleid it's the best fate series anime.
"I know anything goes here...
but this...
this is clearly not fucking okay...!"
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Jan 7, 2019 12:28 PM
Jul 2018
idontknowsarcasm said:
Frroku said:

-

I mean, everyone has their opinions afterall.
Jan 7, 2019 12:30 PM

Feb 2018
Nice essay, but why did you post that in the anime discussion ?
Also people die when they are killed.
Jan 7, 2019 1:15 PM
Jul 2018
It was a pretty good series but I think the philosophical impact is overblown by fans.

Urobutcher kind of creates a simplistic strawman of utilitarianism by putting Kiritsugu in these contrived black or white scenarios. The Resident Evil flashback is absurd and made me not take the philosophical pondering seriously, at least for those two episodes.

While Saber's ideology was stated numerous times, we aren't really given a good look into what her ideology did when she was King Arthur so it kind of feels like it's left hanging. A lot of talk but not a lot of bite.

Ryunouske's ideology was stated in his dialogue with Caster but it's not taken seriously and legitimately tested but instead just there for them to be big boss villains. Ryounousuke's last words came off to me as cheesy and kind of tryhard.
removed-userJan 7, 2019 1:35 PM
Jan 7, 2019 1:16 PM
Oct 2018
Frroku said:
idontknowsarcasm said:

-

-
i mean, that was a joke.
how did you think that fate kaleid will be the best for me?
i mean, it's good but not the best.
"I know anything goes here...
but this...
this is clearly not fucking okay...!"
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Jan 7, 2019 1:20 PM
Jul 2018
idontknowsarcasm said:
Frroku said:

-
i mean, that was a joke.
how did you think that fate kaleid will be the best for me?
i mean, it's good but not the best.

I had never thought about it. I have not even seen your anime list to verify that.
Jan 7, 2019 1:39 PM

Aug 2015
I will respond to you with the quote of the wisest character of Fate universe Emiya Shirou: "Just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right"

More topics from this board

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Today, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM

» Im about to start this but confused

TabutcuEmmi - Feb 7

44 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Feb 10, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.