Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jan 7, 11:48 AM
Hey there,

The manga has been over for a little while now, and it's almost 2 years since season 1 aired. Do you think there's still a chance we get season 2 this summer? In fact, will we get it at all?
Has anyone got any information about it? Words from the studio about this? I can't find anything official about the matter on the internet...
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.

Jan 11, 3:14 PM
Dante012 said:
Hey there,

The manga has been over for a little while now, and it's almost 2 years since season 1 aired. Do you think there's still a chance we get season 2 this summer? In fact, will we get it at all?
Has anyone got any information about it? Words from the studio about this? I can't find anything official about the matter on the internet...

Well I’m not for certain if this is official or not, but recently an article was published stating that season 2 will be aired July of 2019
Here is the article if you are interested: https://lifekino.club/tsurezure-children-season-2.html

Jan 13, 9:55 AM
Thank you! Yeah, I don't know if it can be trusted or not... but I so want to believe it xD!
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.

Jan 13, 9:58 AM

Sadly, It hasn't been confirmed.

Doing Finish or Fail
To Clear up my On Hold List
and fill it again :p

Feb 17, 2:48 PM

I'm gutted that a season two has never been announced! This anime is hilarious and i love seeing all the different relationships!

Mar 7, 3:55 PM
ANIM3_DORK said:
Dante012 said:
Hey there,

Well I’m not for certain if this is official or not, but recently an article was published stating that season 2 will be aired July of 2019
Here is the article if you are interested: https://lifekino.club/tsurezure-children-season-2.html

Thanks for the info, man. I'm looking forward to it :)

Jun 25, 12:25 AM
Damn shame... 2 years+ feels like too long of a reality of a second season happening. I guess the sales weren't good enough... fuck.

Jun 26, 12:10 AM
My thoughts exactly xD! It's a shame, it was a really nice anime, totally different from the usual shônen crap...
Well at least there is Takagi-san season 2 this summer. Same vibes, same format, although it is more for kids (and more repetitive since it follows only one couple).

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.

Jul 8, 3:47 PM
So that website was a lie.

Jul 20, 9:24 PM
Damn I kinda wanted to see there life as couples and after highschool or something

Jul 21, 12:27 AM
OhNoTheLag said:
Damn I kinda wanted to see there life as couples and after highschool or something

The manga doesn't go over high-school, so that would be very unlikely. However there are so many interesting stuff in the manga that didn't make it into the anime ^^. I want to see Patty's chapters so bad! And the theatre crew ones!

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.

Jul 27, 10:23 PM
waalex11 said:
Damn shame... 2 years+ feels like too long of a reality of a second season happening. I guess the sales weren't good enough... fuck.

It really sucks when a seemingly awesome romance anime doesn't get a second season but all these action ones do! Not to hate on action anime just saying that the romance genera is lacking in continuations

Jul 29, 10:25 PM
Katie4478 said:
waalex11 said:

It really sucks when a seemingly awesome romance anime doesn't get a second season but all these action ones do! Not to hate on action anime just saying that the romance genera is lacking in continuations
Definitely... a lot of bad generic and/or weak writing of story, plots and characters anime get adapted instead unfortunately...

Aug 13, 5:32 AM
Katie4478 said:
waalex11 said:

The problem is with you guys and your perception on this one though. As you've even said yourself; these are romance novels/animes you're talking about - not biographies - what they show is the very moment those romantic acts and situations happen - it's about those moments, not to what they lead up to eventually.

Animes like Tsurezure Children are specifically scripted to show the viewers this moments - for different reasons, but most the time just to remind them about similar situations they've experienced themselves. And it's something many animes do a horribly job at - they show you romance and characters that aren't realistic by any means. Just like the stories were written by people who never actually experienced such things themselves - and... well... I guess that's just the reason at least in some cases.

I haven't read the comic - so I can't say for sure how the story telling is enacted there - but since it's based on a 4-panel comic the anime adaption most likely represented what the manga already setup. And even if not, the anime clearly was made with the intention to present those situational insights in bigger stories that are up to the viewer to imagine. I mean - just look realistically at the topic - not sure about japanese culture, but at least in the west; how many of those teen romances actually end up in 'everlasting love'? If you present a realistic view on it, you end up with a drama - because especially teens tend to stumble into all sorts of tragedies - this anime though obviously likes to focus on the romantic part - there is simply no need to get into the 'boring' part of everyday struggle and concessions of being in a relationship.

If you like to watch animes showing this topic, there is plenty enough on the market - but it's rather tagged as drama than romcom. I have to admit that both genres are filled with rather bland experiences though - Tsurezure Children is not imho - so why do we need to force them into something that might come out as forced and actually unwanted?

Take it as it is; a reminiscence of teen romance - it doesn't have to be any more - no - it most likely is better off if it doesn't even tries to be any more than this.

Preview MangaManga Store