Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 1 Discussion

Jan 14, 3:47 AM

Jamppa_94 said:
Is this really done by J.C.Staff?? This look almost as appalling as last season's imouto fiasco... I sincerely hope that they'll improve this 'cause now it looks something like the animation staff ran out of passion towards this project.
What are you talking about. The episode proper looked pretty good and exactly what JC Staff would produce. Get your eyes checked.

Jan 14, 3:49 AM

joshua10red said:
OMG..What the f is this?? The art looks so horrible, is like the shit imotou anime from last season. Production IMS went bankrupt and JC Satff took this anime but is so ugly :( i don't recognize this anime :(( It feels like a different anime..

at least the story is still good and Tooka is still amazing, and Origami is still a stupid b*tch
you need to get your eyes checked if the episode is unrecognizable.

Jan 14, 4:29 AM
Jamppa_94 said:
Is this really done by J.C.Staff??

Why wouldn't it be? JC Staff aren't exactly known for beautiful art and animation...

Jan 14, 5:27 AM

What I see from the cover is what I get.
Disappointed with the animation quality.

I'm OK with them looking derp during comedy scenes but not in the serious ones.

Jeez. They started showing the characters in a cringey harem scene.
Well, at least Kotori was adorable when she burnt her lips. ^_^

Natsumi is quite smug. XD

Jan 14, 10:03 AM
Wtf happened to the art and animation? This is almost as bad as DxD Hero (still debating if it is better or worse though)

Jan 14, 10:51 AM
Supersky said:
Wtf happened to the art and animation? This is almost as bad as DxD Hero (still debating if it is better or worse though)

The series has had 3 stuidos both bankrupt one of them halfway through production and pushed onto another studio with what looks like low budget . And people where expecting something else.... Ok

Jan 14, 10:59 AM
UtopiaBeyond said:
I watched the pre-air as well. Animation was okay. If they can keep up this mystery for the entire season. I think the story will be good.

Where did you watch the pre-stream?

Jan 14, 1:48 PM

i miss origami :D.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."

Jan 14, 4:12 PM

I AM LOVING THE START OF DATE A LIVE III !!!!!! ITS GONNA BE SOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOD XDDD AND WE SEEING MORE OF THE GIRLS !!!!!!!

Jan 15, 1:27 AM

Supersky said:
UtopiaBeyond said:
I watched the pre-air as well. Animation was okay. If they can keep up this mystery for the entire season. I think the story will be good.

Where did you watch the pre-stream?

I watched it on one of those "illegal" websites.

Jan 15, 6:49 AM
I bet you all know how us DxD fans felt when season 4 was looking downgraded as well with the drastic changes from the new studio. Hell, even in Japan the BD's didn't do too well, making only 41% the number of copies sold compared to Born

Jan 16, 1:43 AM
Fine, girls, stop bitching around, now shut the fuck of

Jan 16, 6:47 AM

@MrBefruit They all look pretty damn decent to me. Won't complain. The animation/art style is improving and that's a great thing. It's just a matter of time to adjust to this new art style now. On to the next episode!

Jan 16, 8:10 AM
MrBefruit said:

Yessss love it...they make art looks good 😍😘 cant wait

Jan 16, 8:12 AM
MrBefruit said:

My heart melts yoshino looks cuter then she has ever been before as she should be .must protect

Jan 16, 10:19 AM

I finally watched this episode worrying about all that was being said and jesus H christ you people made it sound like it was the worse animation ever. It's not that bad.

Jan 16, 11:48 AM

LOL at these people complaining about the art and animation. At the very least, they really did their best to keep the art the same as before and I'm surprised that I almost see no difference, maybe except Shidou but overall art difference is barely noticeable.

Meanwhile, my only concern is how freaking fast the pacing is.
Modified by Tennouji, Jan 16, 11:51 AM

Jan 17, 10:48 PM

...I thought it was ok. Didn't notice a major drop in quality, and I just re-watched the first two seasons.
Gotta find the fake, inb4 it's the girl who says "gross". The perfect cover, how would you even know?

Jan 18, 3:10 AM

Jan 19, 7:53 AM

New spirit felt like badass... Then she's a dumb -.-"
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!

Jan 19, 4:37 PM
bastek66 said:
This is catastrophe

Nice Joke

For a light hearted episode is ok and I never expected great aesthetics from Date a Live, is acceptable like it is... certainly much more than the third season of Index(Still not the worst you can get)

Jan 19, 6:09 PM

Dragonx96 said:
bastek66 said:
This is catastrophe

Nice Joke

For a light hearted episode is ok and I never expected great aesthetics from Date a Live, is acceptable like it is... certainly much more than the third season of Index(Still not the worst you can get)

They managed to fix whole episode compared to pre-air.

Jan 20, 1:17 AM

So I stopped after less than 3 minutes to say "WTF IS THIS ANIMATION".
Seriously The visuals looks nothing those of seasons 1 and 2. Even the ovas had better visuals.

Jan 20, 6:56 AM
Dark_Lord9 said:
Seriously The visuals looks nothing those of seasons 1 and 2. Even the ovas had better visuals.

Obviously that's what happens when a studio changes the Art style tends to change too .

Apprently the 2nd episode is a improvement animation wise

Jan 21, 8:03 AM

I realize the last DAL anime was years ago but somehow I feel like this was worse than before. Maybe just me.

Jan 22, 4:19 AM

Mattinator95 said:
Dark_Lord9 said:

Obviously that's what happens when a studio changes the Art style tends to change too .

From season 1 to season 2 there was also a change of studios, yet the visual side was faithfully respected in season 2. Add to that that those seasons were made by studios which are not very successful but this season was made by J.C.Staff damn it.
They have no excuse for releasing such hideous visuals.

Jan 22, 6:55 AM
Dark_Lord9 said:
Mattinator95 said:

From season 1 to season 2 there was also a change of studios, yet the visual side was faithfully respected in season 2. Add to that that those seasons were made by studios which are not very successful but this season was made by J.C.Staff damn it.

They do have an excuse depending if they got thrown the series to them in a short amount of time after IMS went bankrupt .

Jan 22, 9:01 AM

Mattinator95 said:
Dark_Lord9 said:

They do have an excuse depending if they got thrown the series to them in a short amount of time after IMS went bankrupt .

Why wouldn't they have enough time ? Season 2 aired in 2014 and it's not like IMS announced that the anime would air pretty soon so J.C.Staff had all the time they wanted.

Jan 22, 10:32 AM
Dark_Lord9 said:
Mattinator95 said:

Why wouldn't they have enough time ? Season 2 aired in 2014 and it's not like IMS announced that the anime would air pretty soon so J.C.Staff had all the time they wanted.

Season 3 wasn't announced till 2017 which is when it was in production and during the production last year IMS went bankrupt before October where they announced J.C stuff where doing the season . No one knows if they where doing it from the start or not . Plus it all down to the budget that was givin

Jan 26, 10:26 AM
Guess the animation wasn't that good, but i'm pretty sure everyone is compairing with the newest anime, which had pretty damn good animation. Things incredibly better as violet evergarden or other examples (nothing else comes to mind right now). you can't compare it with others. judging it without comparing it, is the wisest. So in my opinion. I found it decent, but obviously it could have been better. I liked the way it started and it was better than i expected, i had low expectations tho. The plot, on the other, hand seemed pretty good.

I think she'll impersinate either a human or Yoshino because they'd be the easiest. But if i go with the cliche approach, it'll definitely Yatogami Tooka.
Modified by LustrousParadox, Jan 26, 4:51 PM

Jan 26, 11:11 AM
LustrousAmethyst said:
Guess the animation wasn't that good but i'm pretty sure everyone is comparing with the latest anime which had pretty good animation. I'm talking violet evergarden.
No one's comparing this to Violet Evargarden - that's way too unfair. People are comparing it to normal standards for seasonal anime. There was some laughably bad animation in this.

Jan 26, 12:52 PM

Harem antics were meh.

At least things got interesting at the end.

Jan 26, 4:47 PM
DumpsterKing said:
LustrousAmethyst said:
Guess the animation wasn't that good but i'm pretty sure everyone is comparing with the latest anime which had pretty good animation. I'm talking violet evergarden.
No one's comparing this to Violet Evargarden - that's way too unfair. People are comparing it to normal standards for seasonal anime. There was some laughably bad animation in this.
I understand but i'm not saying they are, i'm saying they are comparing it to other stuff that might be better because it would. I might be wrong, it could be a horrible piece of garbage, i'm saying it's better than other things. I don't want to jump to conclusions yet. I want to stay open minded at least 2 more episodes.
Lets just wait and see.

Mar 10, 4:43 PM

The hell, J.C.Staff, wtf was this? Characters felt completely different, Shido was shadows of his former self and it seemed like whole show suddenly changed into a parody!

Not like new character designs too.. The direction is the same and the story may be interesting but in adaptation like this.. this is a joke, right?

Mar 10, 6:28 PM
Mich666 said:
The hell, J.C.Staff, wtf was this? Characters felt completely different, Shido was shadows of his former self and it seemed like whole show suddenly changed into a parody!

Not like new character designs too.. The direction is the same and the story may be interesting but in adaptation like this.. this is a joke, right?

Production wise episodes 1,5 and 7 had some issues. However the rest are fine and episodes 8 and 9 are excellent.

Mar 10, 7:01 PM

NormT said:
Production wise episodes 1,5 and 7 had some issues. However the rest are fine and episodes 8 and 9 are excellent.

I hope so, it's not like I want to drop it right away cause I like previous seasons and I know JCS knows their stuff if they work hard. It's bit reassuring that the show gets better later on.

Mar 26, 1:54 PM

Wow I been waiting for nearly 3 years now, I remember it as yesterday when I finished the last ep of s2 I was felt with anguish well back then I had watched a few shows around 10 or so but now come to think of it, it sure was an enjoyable time, I wish I could go back to that time and feel like that again.

well this episode was not bad I guess typical DAL stuff and comedy wise they still got their touch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 4, 4:12 AM

Well, this season's art style has certaily changed. Besides that, seems like it's also more colourful from this first ep alone. So, I'll see if it turn out for better or worse.

Nothing like a good rainbow stew to start off the season with everyone burning their lips and needing a kiss from Shido.

Now, the real deal. A new spirit, Natsumi, the witch with an onee san personality. I've never seen Shido acting so shyly since when he was being Shiori. That's what an onee san will do to you!

Wow, Natsumi must be really weak on the inside to go this far to ruin Shido's life for seeing her in her OG form, even though he didn't. Thanks to Tohka and especially Origami, impersonating as Shido is impossible when these 2 girls are around, but impersonating anyone else? That's a whole different story. A mystery/detective story which is pretty much the theme I'm getting from the last scene of this ep.
OwO

Apr 21, 11:16 PM

This is steamy. How can any guy turn down this straightforward seduction?

Apr 29, 2:39 AM

Damn, I forgot the hilarious choosing from 3 answers part.. ;p
How they managed to detect her mommy type or something so fast.. ;p
Hm?.. She can change forms?..
Tooka is just accepting.. Sweet as always.. ;p
Damn, Origami.. ;o I like your assertiveness.. ;p
Oh, damn, Natsumi's plan to live in this world as Shido is actually really smart..
Damn, Tooka and Origami are just best girls.. ;D Knowing Shido like that, and the way they acted earlier as well..
Oh, damn, Natsumi is just creating interesting plan after plan.. ;p Another dangerous one, I'm kinda worried, but also kinda interested, how it goes now..
Lots of fun first episode, hope Date a Live continues to provide as it did previously.. ;p

Jul 26, 3:03 PM

The girls are trying to kill Shido, a kiss crazed Miku is running wild and Origami is stalking. Pretty wild start.

Natsumi spells trouble, but I like her witch outfit. Her method of dealing with the AST was surprisingly harmless.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
I don't think about breasts all the time. Only 30 minutes a day. - Aoyama

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]